Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

docmol wrote: »
    Don't bother deadmaus, it's plain robbery. I'm trying to get my money back as it's so badly made/supported. Try Titan Quest, better graphics/gameplay and €10

haha forgot about Titan quest, amazing game tbh some of the enviroments are ace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

you mean last Sunday when it was down for two hours? The other weekends it's been fine for me.

Down for 2 hours??? More like 6 hours+ on a sunday afternoon/evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Gonzo wrote: »
    I was willing to accept the problems during the launch night then when that was over it was plain sailing for almost 10 days but the past 2 days have been unacceptable with service unavailable or extremely laggy throughout the daytime and evening periods when everyone wants to play the game.

And right now im trying to update the game and it keeps telling me trying to update the game internet connection failed. My patience is wearing very thin.

The infrastructure is unique so it's expected to have a few teething problems.

It's not like WoW where each server is separated from the other.

There's a great post on Reddit about it from a DB admin -
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/ueci0/why_does_the_diablo_iii_experience_seem_so_poorly/c4up19r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Apologies to the mods if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm thinking of getting a copy of Diablo. I've got a laptop that's very good for scientific number crunching (core i5, 8GB ram) but only onboard graphics. I've heard I might get away with it if I turn the graphics settings down.

Any chance someone could sort me out with a guest pass to see how it runs before I commit? PM me if you think you can help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Good news! I got confirmation that Blizzard are refunding my money! Honestly thought that was going to be a fight but fair play to them for realising that those of us who are not satisfied have a point, and deserve a refund. I still can't recommend the game though, even if they do sort the technical issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Blizzard fanboys sure will defend them no matter the state of affairs.
    And good to haer Docmol. I tend to think nerdrage when people say they want money back and the likes, but in this case its really just straight down not what you payed for. Anyone who requests refund should get it, its not like blizzard didnt make about 400million profit alreadys anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blizzard fanboys sure will defend them no matter the state of affairs.

If your referring to me (Or any of the others that have "defended" blizzard). Its really not fan boying... just stating the facts. Yes i realize they've had some problems (As does wow and every other online based game with this many players) but considering I've already gotten over 3 days worth of gameplay (Im a student... 4 months off... wcyd ?) its been well worth my money.

I've no doubt these issues will be forgotten about within a month or 2(at least for those that still play the game), and as diablo isn't like wow with content patches, it WILL be stable once they get through the initial teething phase.

As for people whinging about there being no offline option, frankly the benefits outweigh the negatives imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

you mean last Sunday when it was down for two hours? The other weekends it's been fine for me.

was down for more then 2 hours

/edit another day, another log on problem... 'Retrieving hero list...' indefinitely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Fremen wrote: »
    Apologies to the mods if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm thinking of getting a copy of Diablo. I've got a laptop that's very good for scientific number crunching (core i5, 8GB ram) but only onboard graphics. I've heard I might get away with it if I turn the graphics settings down.

Any chance someone could sort me out with a guest pass to see how it runs before I commit? PM me if you think you can help :)

I'm playing on my laptop, i5, 8GB RAM and NVidia dedicated graphics card (can't remember exact model name). Runs perfectly on the highest settings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL i just tried to log in and guess what we now have a new log in issue stuck on retrieving hero list.
    I had 40 mins to spare yesterday but couldnt log in,have an hour spare now, cant log in.
    Its all well and good for people with loads of time and can sit down to play as they please for others its not so great and totally understandable when they get annoyed when they want to play a single player game but cant :rolleyes:
    Personally ill go play something else instead, i bought the game for long term appeal, just as well lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I've only not been able to log in twice and the second time was the "retrieving character information" I just left it for 10 minutes and it eventually loaded"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Been given 3-4 different errors in the last 20 minutes trying to log in, jee wilikers batman

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its just a fúcking joke at this point. Error 37 and when I get past that Error 1, as it doesn't seem to be able to retrieve my chars to create a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Inquitus wrote: »
    Its just a fúcking joke at this point. Error 37 and when I get past that Error 1, as it doesn't seem to be able to retrieve my chars to create a party.

i just went off pc, drank a beer. came back and loged in from first try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

i just went off pc, drank a beer. came back and loged in from first try.

You were lucky. Check out the support forums.... Literally tens of thousands of complaints. We can't all be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

ah beer... is there anything you can't fix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Works fine for me now, had some annoying corruption error while it tried to patch but that was easily solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

dorgasm wrote: »
    I'm playing on my laptop, i5, 8GB RAM and NVidia dedicated graphics card (can't remember exact model name). Runs perfectly on the highest settings.

Yeah, that'd run well alright. The problem is my laptop has no graphics card, though modern processors are getting relatively good at handling graphics. Blizzard tend to aim their games at the low-performance end of the market, so I'm hoping I'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Fremen wrote: »
    Yeah, that'd run well alright. The problem is my laptop has no graphics card, though modern processors are getting relatively good at handling graphics. Blizzard tend to aim their games at the low-performance end of the market, so I'm hoping I'll be alright.

The site that I pm'ed you will tell you if you can run.

Any inferno DH here? do you use 1 hander + shield?

its a shame 2x1handed xbows are shiet ( looks so badass thought )

i put up a nice shield, but its block only 18% and it will block out only 1.4k damage. is it even worth it on inferno? DH are all about dodge and smoke screen, so i would dake discipline over block. any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You know when the Diablo III servers are working because there are no new posts in this thread in 6 hours.

But...since Blizz just shut the servers down (at least this time with a 15 min warning), I'm posting this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Rerolled a DH after going through Act 1 in Nightmare with my Monk. I like the DH, initially she isn't very fun but whenever she gets her mobility stuff she's cool. Was tempted to go HC but I pussied out!

well, i am clearing act 1 butcher quest now. i can kill butcher with no deaths, though i get a bit unlucky.
    its piss easy with my gear and with 5 stacks i get 158% mf, so from start to end i ussually have 2 full inventories of blue/rare crap. got 1 legendary today too, its a shame it was some shiety 2hander axe with 766 dps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Haven't really played at all in the last few days. There is a difference between being difficult and being cheap. Elite mobs with firelink and teleport is just a one hit kill and there is zero chance of survival. The tight corridors of act 2 and 3 just has you dying over and over. There are other impossible combinations too. You shouldn't have to "reload" to get rid of crap like that and I refuse to do it.

I might reroll to get some of the verve back because to be honest, inferno was just annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kirby wrote: »
    Haven't really played at all in the last few days. There is a difference between being difficult and being cheap. Elite mobs with firelink and teleport is just a one hit kill and there is zero chance of survival. The tight corridors of act 2 and 3 just has you dying over and over. There are other impossible combinations too. You shouldn't have to "reload" to get rid of crap like that and I refuse to do it.

I might reroll to get some of the verve back because to be honest, inferno was just annoying me.

I thought certain packs were unkillable and cheap too but after gearing up properly I can handle every pack in act2 with ease and actually stand still and tank them and I can kill 95% of packs in Act3, some require a bit of kiting however.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hmm.... I really do like two handed weapons, just in principle. In particular the 2-handed maces look awesome.

I might just play with one for a while, even if it puts me at a disadvantage.

A rare level 2 samurai sword was unlocked with my latest blacksmith upgrade.

105 dps as standard + 4 random magic abilities. Might give it a bash on my level 39 barb when he reaches the level requirement (41). He's only on nightmare so it shouldn't make it too much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

decided the other day to reroll from hardcore to normal as i lost another demon hunter, a 53 this time xD
    So i dinged 60 about a half hour ago and nether tentacles are just hilariously overpowered xD all the packs that caused me grief before and made me run half way across the map.. nether tentacles, low health? nether tentacles, randomly spamming an ability that never runs out of resources when you have a bat companion? nether tentacles.. i hope to god inferno isnt this bloody easy with this skill?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm having terrible performance issues since the patch

decided the other day to reroll from hardcore to normal as i lost another demon hunter, a 53 this time xD
    So i dinged 60 about a half hour ago and nether tentacles are just hilariously overpowered xD all the packs that caused me grief before and made me run half way across the map.. nether tentacles, low health? nether tentacles, randomly spamming an ability that never runs out of resources when you have a bat companion? nether tentacles.. i hope to god inferno isnt this bloody easy with this skill?

Thats what I use too. Act one is great, but slow nature of the damn thing can bite your arse. Screaming skull thing is great too. It helps to keep shot at bay from you.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Hmm.... I really do like two handed weapons, just in principle. In particular the 2-handed maces look awesome.

I might just play with one for a while, even if it puts me at a disadvantage.

A rare level 2 samurai sword was unlocked with my latest blacksmith upgrade.

105 dps as standard + 4 random magic abilities. Might give it a bash on my level 39 barb when he reaches the level requirement (41). He's only on nightmare so it shouldn't make it too much harder.

Don't waste money and time on blacksmithing. The amount of money I sank it to it just makes me a sad panda... At some stage I will get it up to max, but not soon.

Advertisement