Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Error creating your own party.

Its good craic but my god how do blizzard get the rep/hype and fanboy love they have. Boggles me

Their reputation is going down the drain fast with this battle.net crap. Till they implement an offline mode this game is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Error1 was buying this ****ing game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yep same old bollocks and we are paying top dollar for it....we are such a gang of SUCKERS!

wait, did you pay more than the initial fee for it?

In fairness to blizzard, i've gotten my 60quids worth already. I'm not quitting yet either and i'm not advocating the crap service. But i've forked out as much cash for other new releases that didn't last more than 2 or 3 days. I've been playing D3 for weeks now. It's blizzard, they don't leave people stranded for long when there's money to be made :)

Tonight's patch notes, in case ye didn't know.. now if only they'd allow me to cancel my overpriced auctions that nobody ever bids on :/
    Diablo III Patch 1.0.2a – v.1.0.2.9858

General

Tooltips for the following class abilities have been updated to reflect changes made in patch 1.0.2 and previous hotfixes:
    Demon Hunter
    Smoke Screen (Skill Rune – Lingering Fog)
    Monk
    Fists of Thunder (Skill Rune – Quickening)
    Mantra of Healing (Skill Rune – Boon of Inspiration)
    Wizard
    Energy Armor (Skill Rune – Force Armor)
    Nigel Cutthroat has recently fallen on hard times and will now drop lower quality items when slain.
    Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Get the Soul of Azmodan" have been reduced.
    Gold and quest experience rewards for replaying "Heart of Sin: Go to the Keep" have been removed.

Auction House

The maximum duration for posted auctions has been reduced from 48 hours to 36 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Try to log in
    • A new patch is available, restart
    • No patch available, game is up to date
    • Try to log in
    • A new patch is available, restart
    • bbbllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

the breaking news message just changed the server maintenance time from 3am CEST to 1AM, i wouldn't count on getting back in before that patch is live.

Go to bed you shameless addicts! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

rabble rabble rabble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So tempted to pick this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Don't bother deadmaus, it's plain robbery. I'm trying to get my money back as it's so badly made/supported. Try Titan Quest, better graphics/gameplay and €10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

@Ix Deamau5 If you plan to be on this all day every day then don't bother.. but if you're like me and will only spend the weekend nights at it, get it. I've only been unable to sign in once since launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status if ya wanna know if our server is up.

those who thinking to get it please think twice. horrible server problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wow. I thought that the problems were over exaggerated. Was reading around a bit, and thats shocking. Probably leave it off till its fixed.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wow. I thought that the problems were over exaggerated. Was reading around a bit, and thats shocking. Probably leave it off till its fixed.

Cheers lads.

Its honestly not as bad as people make out, i've honestly not had that much hassle. Have about 70/80 hours played already lol. Well worth what i paid already and no doubt hundreds of hours worth left in her yet.

I disagree Magill, for €60 something should work. They are charging top dollar for a bargain basement title. I'm glad you got it going but in the 3 days I had it I actually logged on 4 times. I tried to log on hundreds of times. When I did get in I was completely underwhelmed tbh. I loved Diablo 1 & 2 but it's 2012, and Diablo 3 looks like something that came out 5 years ago. Try Titan Quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

docmol wrote: »
    I disagree Magill, for €60 something should work. They are charging top dollar for a bargain basement title. I'm glad you got it going but in the 3 days I had it I actually logged on 4 times. I tried to log on hundreds of times. When I did get in I was completely underwhelmed tbh. I loved Diablo 1 & 2 but it's 2012, and Diablo 3 looks like something that came out 5 years ago. Try Titan Quest.

I have it, its ****e (IMO).

I just checked your link seraphimvc, all European servers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

Hmm looking for some people around Dublin area to play some small lan at home ;) Don't have much time to play at home because of kids so it would be handy to have one night a week to chill out with some Diablo fans ;) Don't worry I don't bite !

Cheers lads.

They are over-exaggerated. There has been some downtime and some error37's but it's nowere near as bad as people are making it out to be. I've been playing hardcore and normal, and pumped in a lot of hours over the last few weeks since release and honestly, mountains out of molehills.

If you want to play diablo3, try get a guest pass and make your mind up from that. If you're still not sure after that, then D3 isnt for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I disagree m8, TBH the amount of hours downtime from this game is actually MORE then some people have been able to put in.

We are not talking about an hour here or there we are talking most of the day offline more then 2-3 times and its still not fixed.

So its more then an "inconvenience" to say the least.....:( What might seem acceptable for you will be a fookin nightmare for others. I mean what about the peeps only able to play a few hours the weekends etc and its been down whenever they go to play.....GRRRRRRRRRRRR

But we online now so get FARMING.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I disagree with people saying the down time is ridiculous. At the end of the day they are a team of developers who have released an amazing game!
    7 million people hammering their servers are of course going to cause problems.

To be honest i haven't had many issues. They game is great i am only level 49 and still on nightmare but i am really enjoying it and think its really fun. The thing is the servers are only going to get better i would 100% recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It's not just the almost daily outages, or the unannounced maintenance to install new patches (like last night). It's the frequent disconnections & lag issues. It's the frequent bugs with the Auction House that should have been caught during internal Alpha testing, nevermind Beta testing. It's super obvious bugs like Attack Speed bonuses on some set items not working.

It's not 'end of the world' stuff, but it is very annoying and this is certainly the worst launch for a Blizzard title. And they said they would 'Release the game when it is ready', but it is not ready.

I'm also not convinced about server/account security. It's hard to believe that this many people have poor security resulting in hacked accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    I disagree with people saying the down time is ridiculous. At the end of the day they are a team of developers who have released an amazing game!
    7 million people hammering their servers are of course going to cause problems.

To be honest i haven't had many issues. They game is great i am only level 49 and still on nightmare but i am really enjoying it and think its really fun. The thing is the servers are only going to get better i would 100% recommend.

I agree with this. I get infuriated when the down-time happens but it's the same for everyone. For any of the ex-WoW players here how many times have you logged on and gone on to Raid in unplayable conditions? Every time there was a patch, especially new content, the game was unplayable for DAYS on end. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means saying it's not a problem but everyone is in the same boat. For people who want to be online all the time, just roll a character on a different Server. I have my main on EU, but I have a second hardcore character on the NA Server (because I live in NA) for when downtime is on. It's a differnet server, different economy, different character, etc.

Like, people are almost blessed in some games that are released these days. Diablo III sold over 6 million copies, if even just 1/6 of that tried to log on at one time I can literally imagine Blizzard servers smoking. The game is brand new and there's a lot of stuff to be ironed out, and as everyone here should know it will be ironed out, and Blizzard are working on it. The people who won't stick around or are whining all the time instead of actually getting the time to do other stuff when the Servers are down are people the game doesn't need anyway. Blizzard are Blizzard and will remain one of the most successful companies regardless. The game out-sold anyone's predictions and the problems are problems that occur with every game that has this much traffic and interest at the start. For the non WoW players you have no idea just how GOOD this is compared to the problems that game experienced.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I do not suggest this is acceptable. I am infuriated (well, more irritated) by the entire thing and it certainly leaves a sour taste in people's mouth but it's not the end of the world. Everyone is in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

For the non WoW players you have no idea just how GOOD this is compared to the problems that game experienced.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I do not suggest this is acceptable. I am infuriated (well, more irritated) by the entire thing and it certainly leaves a sour taste in people's mouth but it's not the end of the world. Everyone is in the same boat.

Sinister. Imagine situation where you got a new car and it will break down after first day and after 2nd...heaven and earth protect car maker after that ;) .I know this is a game but money was spent on that title and there is no optional single player. There is no alternative to servers being down for any reason beside weekly maintenance.

It’s really unfair for all of us. Game is good but whole thing about accessibility it’s very bad.

Deliasz wrote: »
    Sinister. Imagine situation where you got a new car and it will break down after first day and after 2nd...heaven and earth protect car maker after that ;) .I know this is a game but money was spent on that title and there is no optional single player. There is no alternative to servers being down for any reason beside weekly maintenance.

It’s really unfair for all of us. Game is good but whole thing about accessibility it’s very bad.

I absolutely agree with you. It's not acceptable, but it's also not as bad as people make it out to be. There are people who are completing the latter stages of Inferno and farming the best gear. There has been plenty of gametime available and Blizzard have stated they are trying to do any maintenance and hotfixes outside of 'prime' times.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

So its more then an "inconvenience" to say the least.....:( What might seem acceptable for you will be a fookin nightmare for others. I mean what about the peeps only able to play a few hours the weekends etc and its been down whenever they go to play.....GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    you mean last Sunday when it was down for two hours? The other weekends it's been fine for me.

Whats the easiest way to farm gold? Im on Inferno act 1 and not really having a problem but just want to farm gold to max BS & JC and buy better gear

Gandalph wrote: »
    Whats the easiest way to farm gold? Im on Inferno act 1 and not really having a problem but just want to farm gold to max BS & JC and buy better gear

Don't die. Sell stuff on AH for cheap -- you make 100's of thousands a day using the AH if you sell good/decent items you can't use for a relatively cheap price (of their value).

Don't die. Sell stuff on AH for cheap -- you make 100's of thousands a day using the AH if you sell good/decent items you can't use for a relatively cheap price (of their value).

I only get absolute trash from drops, and even when i do get something semi decent I put it up for really cheap but doesnt go anywhere :( The drops for me are pants I personally have not equipped a drop I picked up since normal mode, I even got one legendary that was only going on AH for 40k.

Gandalph wrote: »
    I only get absolute trash from drops, and even when i do get something semi decent I put it up for really cheap but doesnt go anywhere :( The drops for me are pants I personally have not equipped a drop I picked up since normal mode, I even got one legendary that was only going on AH for 40k.

Well, just off a whim, I'd say the reason your stuff isn't selling is because you're putting it up just before the Servers come down and then when you log back on only a tiny fraction of the playerbase has had an opportunity to actually view the item. You need to be smart about when you put up AH items (even moreso now with the changes).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was willing to accept the problems during the launch night then when that was over it was plain sailing for almost 10 days but the past 2 days have been unacceptable with service unavailable or extremely laggy throughout the daytime and evening periods when everyone wants to play the game.

And right now im trying to update the game and it keeps telling me trying to update the game internet connection failed. My patience is wearing very thin.

Advertisement