Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭dunworth1

rottie 11 wrote: »
    When I do a speed test on the xb1 my latency is 152. It's 10 when I do it on a laptop. Both wired , is that normal?

the ping (latency) depends on which server you are connecting to

i could be mistaken but i think that when you run the test on the xbox it checks against a server somewhere in the US which i why its higher

when you run it on the laptop its probably checking against a server here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

I'm going ask this question as I'm newer to the Xbox then most, I got my 360 back in 2011 and the xb1 last October, only started using Xbox live in the last 18 months to two years now so not very long on that front, but iv found more problems with servers on the xb1 then with the 360, is that just me or does anyone else find that to be case

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote: »
    When I do a speed test on the xb1 my latency is 152. It's 10 when I do it on a laptop. Both wired , is that normal?
    dunworth1 wrote: »

i could be mistaken but i think that when you run the test on the xbox it checks against a server somewhere in the US which i why its higher

when you run it on the laptop its probably checking against a server here in Ireland

Yeah the XB1 tests it against a server in Seattle where Microsoft is based. I wouldn't be worrying about that at all.

You can open Internet explorer and go to speedof.me for a slightly more accurate speed test. It's HTML 5 so will work on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

ANyone know if its possible now with Windows 10 to stream from your xbox one if your laptop is on another network ?

Also if it is possible can someone tell me how to set this up pls ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mcsirl wrote: »
    ANyone know if its possible now with Windows 10 to stream from your xbox one if your laptop is on another network ?

I don't think you can but i'm not as knowledgeable on this as other lads here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Technically speaking it could be possible, but you would need to have traffic routable to/from your xbox one.

If it's another network in your house, you probably have control over that. If it's remote access from another external network (e.g. From the office, a holiday, etc.) then your xbox would need to have a public IP address and the appropriate firewall rules set up (and enough bandwidth on both ends and there's no guarantee of performance).

They're was a how-to on reddit a couple of weeks ago, I'll try and dig it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

tripperman wrote: »
    I'm going ask this question as I'm newer to the Xbox then most, I got my 360 back in 2011 and the xb1 last October, only started using Xbox live in the last 18 months to two years now so not very long on that front, but iv found more problems with servers on the xb1 then with the 360, is that just me or does anyone else find that to be case
    The servers are the same, uness its an individual game using private servers.

You need access open ports on your router and a static public IP ( or maybe a dyndns service like noip will work) and decent upload speed

Instructions here -https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3a1rwv/instructions_for_streaming_xbox_one_from_anywhere/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

The servers are the same, uness its an individual game using private servers.

Mainly f1 and Madden are the problem for me, must just be me so, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Anyone ever experience a faulty Kinect? Mine keeps connecting and disconnecting. It's a day one console that was fine until last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I can't handle MGS, it's too difficult.

Anyone ever experience a faulty Kinect? Mine keeps connecting and disconnecting. It's a day one console that was fine until last month.

Mine's doing the same recently. I go to say Xbox do something and notice the kinect is off.

Must be something to do with latest dash or something. Are you in the preview program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mine's doing the same recently. I go to say Xbox do something and notice the kinect is off.

Must be something to do with latest dash or something. Are you in the preview program?

That might be it. Most of what I find online are old links with solutions that won't work for me.

They can go faulty the very odd time. Preview has't touched the kinect in months and months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/03/gamescom-2015-every-gears-of-war-game-will-be-backward-compatible-on-xbox-one

So anyone who picks up gears of war one remastered and plays it online will get a code to download every gears game from the 360 to play on the xbox one once the Backwards compatibility comes out.

A extremely good deal by Microsoft !!!

So anyone who picks up gears of war one remastered and plays it online will get a code to download every gears game from the 360 to play on the xbox one once the Backwards compatibility comes out.

Gears of War 1 & Shadow Complex will also be in backwards compatibilty for preview members later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

MiskyBoyy wrote:
    Gears of War 1 & Shadow Complex will also be in backwards compatibilty for preview members later today.

Kewl, about time I finished shadow complex!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

So now is a good time to ask for help in GoW 1, cannot get past one small section on insanity difficulty.. where you get ambushed underground by the lads that explode when they die so have to keep a distance from them. Pain in the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »
    So now is a good time to ask for help in GoW 1, cannot get past one small section on insanity difficulty.. where you get ambushed underground by the lads that explode when they die so have to keep a distance from them. Pain in the arse!

If only I still had my copy, would love to give it a go again in Coop. What a game.

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »

Have it installed on One now but haven't checked my saves yet. Likely I'll be starting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any sign of skygo folks?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any sign of skygo folks?

Yes, its on PS4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

sweetie wrote: »
    Yes, its on PS4 now.

This is the Xbox forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Any sign of skygo folks?

I dont think its ever coming. which is a shame.

Pity, really don't want to buy a ps4.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Pity, really don't want to buy a ps4.

you could always get a 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭dunworth1

It'll probably come for Windows 10 which will mean that it will work on the xb1

you could always get a 360?

Yeah have the 360 already.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

logik wrote:
    This is the Xbox forum...

I know, its not going to be on Xbox because its on ps4, is that better for ye?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement