Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I thought it was the funniest part of the episode, that song he sung as he danced out of the room was brilliant. And then at the end when they're shouting about the treasure, the only thing he took away from it was.. "secret meeting". tongue.png
    It fits the Chang character, he's always looked out for himself over anyone else, even in season 1.

The bit at the end killed me, especially when he scribbles "secret meeting".

302878.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Tomato?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Watching 'Intro To Teaching' on Sony and they cut out Abed saying "Nicholas frickin Cage". Since when is 'fricking' a bad word, especially at 10:30pm

MOH wrote: »
    Tomato?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

They've added a community quiz to the quizup app, not doing too good at it :(

sumtings wrote: »
    They've added a community quiz to the quizup app, not doing too good at it :(

My phone is ****ty htc and for some reason I quizup doesn't show up in my play store even though I know it's now available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I had a mini freak out last night when I remembered that tonights episode is the season finale!!

Hope there's word soon on whether it'll be renewed or not. It's been announced in May the last few years IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Wow. Surprised NBC let them away with that tagline.

Decent finale, nothing ground breaking but I enjoyed it.
    Pretty hopeful for a renewal, not as worried as the end of S4.

favourite episode of the season is ass crack bandit one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you know a small part of me thought at the beginning that even Dan Harmons return would have been a massive disappointment as so much of what was wrong with season 4 was blamed on him being absent.

But I was surprised at how much better this season was over last.

Even if it doesnt return that was a solid end and I'll want all the box sets for my dvds.

If it does come back though I'd be really curious at what they'll do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Worked great as a series finale if the worst were to happen and everyone were killed by an asteroid... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ass Crack Bandit and the similar Law and Order one are my two fav Community eps ever, pure classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The jukebox song had me in tears
    "Door is closing / for dramatic effect"

And that tagline at the end was sooo fecking cheeky :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Those school board guys killed it!

I groaned when Jeff looked at Annie and magically opened the doors but aside from that it was a great episode and a fitting finale if an asteroid does indeed destroy everything and everyone on earth.

That's canon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So that's that then; potentially the last season of Community, and it sure pitched itself as that. It would have been nice had Greendale got to keep the money, but I guess the college doesn't really work if it's not at the bottom of the barrel.

Looking back to the start of the season, one of my main concerns revolved around the idea that one should 'never go back', that Harmon would fail to rekindle the spark and energy that made the show so beloved. At the end of season 5, I think it's fair to say that bar one or two blips, this run has been a strong, occasionally hilarious one and a real return to form.

As mentioned, the Ass Crack Bandit was a particular highlight, along with the episode with Pearces will. On that, I wonder if perhaps the departures of Pearce and Troy were ultimately a good one for the show; in theory it forced Harmon & co. to redress the balance, bring in some fresh ideas and generally break out of their comfort zone. It's possible had neither left the show we might have seen something a little more tired & rote.

All that said, there's one question that needs answering that the finale failed to address properly, and it's a big one:
    who IS hotter; Elliot Gould or Donald Sutherland? ;)

Cheerio Community, maybe I'll see you again next year, maybe I won't. If I don't, then all I'll say is that bar the gas leak, it was fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Exchange of the night for me was;
    "What does your penis look like?"
    "A collection of buildings ok. Lets all laugh at the freak."

Yep, good finale although the whole "shipping" is getting kind of annoying. Although Abed shooting Annie down was great.

If it does come back I can see Chris Elliot returning for a few episode of Borchard. I think there's some potential there between him and the Dean …… speaking of; the Dean choking and nobody noticing/caring was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Thargor wrote: »
    Ass Crack Bandit and the similar Law and Order one are my two fav Community eps ever, pure classics.

That reminded me that Ben Folds was going to release a full version of the ACB song.. found it:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

"M'lord"

"M'lady"

*ping!*

F*cking great writing and season finale ;)

#sixseasonsandamovie

Edit: nearly forgot The Brie

alison-brie-complex-06.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

"This is a perfectly legitimate transaction where a city sells a school to a restaurant."

Torn now. Obviously I want another season, but only if it's going to stay at the same level. If not, that's about as good an ending as we're going to get.
    BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Even if it doesnt return that was a solid end and I'll want all the box sets for my dvds.
    *All* the box sets? You sure?

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    *All* the box sets? You sure?

Is there anything worth salvaging from the gas leak?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is there anything worth salvaging from the gas leak?

The Body Swap and Halloween. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Season 4 is bad in Community terms but it's still better than most other sitcoms.

Also …

tumblr_mz5rj673gE1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

because it exists

ALSO, just noticed that the Dave Matthews song used in the ACB bandit is the same one used in the penultimate episode when they think they've saved Greendale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Freaky Friday one was the standout episode of S4 if only for Jim Rash's excellent turn as 'Jeff.'

iguana wrote: »
    The Freaky Friday one was the standout episode of S4 if only for Jim Rash's excellent turn as 'Jeff.'

I love that he wrote that just so he get revenge for Joel's 'Dean' in Season 3 ... which was brilliant as well. I hadn't realised how good an actor McHale was until I saw that.

"I have bald friends!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

FunLover18 wrote: »
    "I have bald friends!"

I think that's my absolute favourite episode...

Fat Neil: "It says I'm a book... reading a book... That doesn't even make sense..."

And of course... Luis Guzman is in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My favourite bit of the finale.. the school board guys shouting "This is Ritchie and Carl from the school board! That's right, we've got names!"

Fair dues to Dan Harmon for revitilising the show after the rough ride by NBC.

He deserves another year at the very least!

I think that's my absolute favourite episode...

Fat Neil: "It says I'm a book... reading a book... That doesn't even make sense..."

And of course... Luis Guzman is in it!

"STOP CALLING ME DIFFERENT"

It's definitely up there with the best of Community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

One thing that annoyed me about the last 3 episodes... none of the titles were "class names"!

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    One thing that annoyed me about the last 3 episodes... none of the titles were "class names"!

I could well believe that Greendale offer 'Basic Story' and 'Basic Sandwich' as classes

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

"STOP CALLING ME DIFFERENT"

It's definitely up there with the best of Community

As much as that episode, my favourite is Co-operative Calligraphy from Season 2 ; "tell your disappointment to suck it, I'm doing a bottle episode!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I could well believe that Greendale offer 'Basic Story' and 'Basic Sandwich' as classes

What's funny is that it's not too far off from some of the stuff offered by real community colleges.

Here are a few examples from my local community college:

WRT 073 - Punctuation
    "Review of punctuation mechanics. Includes rules of punctuation, punctuation mark usage, and written assignments."

CUL 162 - Art of Chocolate
    "Introduction to chocolate used in the culinary arts. Includes an introduction and history of chocolate; truffles, dough and batters; and molded and free form art work."

and this one which has a pretty funny course name, but is actually a pretty serious course:

FSC 110 - Rope I
    "Introduction to basic rope rescue: safety, equipment, rope craft, anchors, mechanical advantage, belay systems, medical considerations, identifying terrain types, low angle evacuations, steep angle evacuations and steep angle rappel. Includes performance in rope craft, anchor construction, mechanical advantage construction, belay technique, patient packaging, low angle evacuations, and steep angle rappelling."

Finished off the series this evening after hording the last few. The one thing to take away from the past series is that Duncan and Hickey are the comedic stand outs. Their exchange during the end credits of the second last episode was genius and I'm hoping that when everything else flops on NBC we get that spin off. Something about Hickey and Duncan traversing the English countryside that just appeals.

I do think that we will get a final series but if not then the show couldn't have ended any better. While the two parter wasn't the funniest of the last series there was some wonderful ideas in play that more than made up for that. Chang's betrayal and subsequent return to the fold was everything I expect from him at this stage and Duncan discussing his penise was the highlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm hoping that when everything else flops on NBC we get that spin off.

Flops?!? Have you not seen their line up?

Thought Jacker
    Intensive Karen
    Mr. Egypt
    Celebrity beat off
    Captain Cook

No chance of failure. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Celebrity Beat Off had Questlove and Mr Egypt had BJ Novak, but are the people for Intensive Karen and Captain Cook well known? Thought I recognised Captain Cook but I don't know where from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't recognise Intensive Karen or Captain Cook.. but did love that Intensive Karen crossed her legs despite being in a wheelchair! :D

Renew yis b@stards!

Six_seasons_and_a_movie_community_abed.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Renew yis b@stards!

Six_seasons_and_a_movie_community_abed.gif

Not cool. Read your post too quickly and thought it was renewed. :(

Not cool. Read your post too quickly and thought it was renewed. :(

You missed a prime opportunity to post this

tumblr_m5tvl3lcFM1ryfkr1o1_500.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

God damnit, hate these bumps for shows that have ended; I open the thread half in fear, half in excitement. Ends with disappointment :(

Some hope!!

Although at this stage I don't think renewal is that much of a worry. Harmon and McHale have been pretty vocal about completing the sixseasonsandamovie with either Hulu or Netflix.

• Advertisement

Sony have repeatedly stated that they are behind the show and should NBC not renew they'll take it elsewhere. Hulu has been mentioned as their first port of call and I would assume that it's already been discussed with them.

Sony have repeatedly stated that they are behind the show and should NBC not renew they'll take it elsewhere. Hulu has been mentioned as their first port of call and I would assume that it's already been discussed with them.

I could see it getting more episodes with somewhere like Hulu than it would on NBC

This must be a pain for the agents of the main cast if they're offered any roles with start dates that would normally be Community's shooting season

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    This must be a pain for the agents of the main cast if they're offered any roles with start dates that would normally be Community's shooting season

At this stage in the year there will be very few roles being offered to the cast which would get in the way of Community. Pilot season is when they will be fielding offers and that's generally at the start of the year. A renewal or cancellation will be announced by the start of Summer meaning that the cast could then be free to look for roles elsewhere.

I've been rewatching Season 5 - Jonathan Banks was such a great addition to the cast!!! I really hope he sticks around. It's remarkable how little Troy is missed. Sony are up to App Development and Condiments; it's a very hot contender for my favourite episode of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Best line in the episode:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The same thing happened when Happy Endings was cancelled and we all know how that turned out. Just because Sony are looking to take it elsewhere, doesn't mean that it's going find a home. At least they're pushing to extend its run though.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The same thing happened when Happy Endings was cancelled and we all know how that turned out. Just because Sony are looking to take it elsewhere, doesn't mean that it's going find a home. At least they're pushing to extend its run though.

Sony did try to get it set up elsewhere but there were no takers and a number of the cast had already accepted other roles making it a less enticing sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

thought the 5th wasnt great, it felt forced. didnt mind Troy not being there, his high pitched astonished phrases were kind of annoying. pity Pierce wasnt there tho. also weird seeing another BB actor in this

I actually thought season 4 was good

• Advertisement

thought the 5th wasnt great, it felt forced. didnt mind Troy not being there, his high pitched astonished phrases were kind of annoying. pity Pierce wasnt there tho. also weird seeing another BB actor in this

you-are-so-crazy-lol.jpg

Advertisement