Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

andreac wrote: »
    Poor Flo has a really sore ear today :-( Saw her scratching it this morning and had a look in her ear and it looked awful, not sure if its mites or if it was dried blood from scratching it, poor thing. Have vet appt for lunchtime today.

Ah poor little girly :( I think it's great how you have your appointment for lunchtime.

I think great dog owners restore your faith when there are threads like the training one at the moment and similar. Maybe for every abusive trainer and owner who doesn't care there is an owner who does their very best for their pet. It's mad how this forum can make you so annoyed with people at times, then turn around and make you smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

My last dog had a period of 3 weeks or so in a cast. It was incredibly hard to stop him from walking on it. We have 3 steps down from the hall to the kitchen which he used to jump down (even in his cast if we werent watching). Went back a couple of times to get his cast changed only to find that he had completely snapped his splint...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah poor little girly :( I think it's great how you have your appointment for lunchtime.

I think great dog owners restore your faith when there are threads like the training one at the moment and similar. Maybe for every abusive trainer and owner who doesn't care there is an owner who does their very best for their pet. It's mad how this forum can make you so annoyed with people at times, then turn around and make you smile.

Thanks a mill. Well mine come to work with me so i thought if i could get an early one before i get home from work it will be better for her as she is a lot of pain. Poor baby cried when i tried to have a look in it so it must be very sore. Ive never had problems with ears with either of mine so far so hope its just an infection or something minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aww poor Flo! Its always so hard to pick up problems with ears. They can come on so suddenly! Im sure some ear drops will clear her right up. My advise is to wear goggles. The drops are obviously wet so its a natural reaction to shake and try get the drops out, and they usually hit right in the drop givers face! And make sure your mouth is closed cos they taste nasty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola finally lost her first tooth today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Bit early still i know, but got the go ahead from our Mods to start organising Secret Santa 2012 woooo!!! Hope everyone's on for it again this year! Will get going at the start of November so keep an eye out for the thread :D

Ooh yay would love to get involved this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Im in :)

Will let my better half decide tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dunny wrote: »
    Lola finally lost her first tooth today!

I remember the first time I found one of Baileys - thought I was going to puke lol!! :p

I remember panicking when my cats teeth were coming through. I was playing tug of war with cream (i swear he is a dog not a cat!) and his tooth went flying! Then I looked in his mouth and noticed he had 8 canine teeth.. I thought he was deformed before I realised they get adult teeth :)

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. Well mine come to work with me so i thought if i could get an early one before i get home from work it will be better for her as she is a lot of pain. Poor baby cried when i tried to have a look in it so it must be very sore. Ive never had problems with ears with either of mine so far so hope its just an infection or something minor.

How did Flo get on at the vets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

@ Andreac - one of mine suffers a bit with his ears, I always feel so sorry for them because they tend to be at them until they hurt. Hope Flo got on ok at the vets and it was only minor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

When the allergy flares up in my dog, I've learnt to keep a supply of Canaural handy. The last time he had it, his ears and paws broke out something terrible. His ears were so sore, the vet couldn't even get the probe in to have a good look. Cost me E85 just before Christmas too! Luckily, the vet also gave me a good whack of Prendislone as well, so I've got some left. This year he's been a little better, it only flared up once. The minute I saw his ears were red hot, I was straight in with it. Went in three days.

Oh the cat looks so pi$$ed off lol!!

Anybody see the Milan & Alan Titchmarch video? Really good interview.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I almost (but only almost :D) cringed for Cesar Milan watching the interview... Titchmarsh had his research done and wiped the floor with Milan. You could see Milan starting to sweat, mouth going dry, looking like a rabbit in the headlights.

DBB wrote: »
    I almost (but only almost :D) cringed for Cesar Milan watching the interview... Titchmarsh had his research done and wiped the floor with Milan. You could see Milan starting to sweat, mouth going dry, looking like a rabbit in the headlights.

It's very telling to watch Milans show with the sound off and just look at the dogs body language. I thought it great that the same thing can be said for that interview :)

The only thing I wish is that it was longer and he pushed a bit more for him to answer the questions he asked.

Is it on youtube? Would love to see it!

• Advertisement

My poor elderly budgie has bumblefoot. It's not in any way as amsuing as it sounds! I have to rub fucidin into his claws twice a day, and he hates it. I've had to put bandages on the perches to make them soft for him too! They both spent 30 mins just hanging on the side of the cage staring at the "new" perches. And the yellow hen wont leave him alone at all, she's being a total cow! She knows he's on one leg so deliberately pushes him round, pecking him and pulling his tail. When I shout at her she just pretends she's actually doing something else, like there's something really interesting, that she needs to examine, and it just happens to be right beside Marky. Think she's not quite getting it though, she seems to think that if Marky doesn't see her coming, I can't either :pac: She climbed along the roof of the cage till she was right above him, and reached down to peck him. That did make me laugh.

Aw bumblefoot sounds like a name for a doddery and wise old budgie not a medical condition. I hope it's something he can recover from? Or is it something that regularly happens with old age in budgies that can only be managed? (say like fading eyesight in people)

Aw bumblefoot sounds like a name for a doddery and wise old budgie not a medical condition. I hope it's something he can recover from? Or is it something that regularly happens with old age in budgies that can only be managed? (say like fading eyesight in people)

It's an infection in the skin of his claws, hopefully he'll recover with the fucidin cream because honestly I wouldn't want to put him through anything more traumatic, like a stay at the vet, certainly not surgery! I have been calling him Bumblebudgie and Bumblebird the last few days... and only once, Bumblebore :D I'm afraid that one will stick so I dropped it quickly! I'm guessing he has it and not the hen bird because he's older, but I think it'd take a lot more to kill this bird :)

Oh for god sake, there was a thread a little while ago about bathing your dog and I said I can get away with bathing Harley maybe twice a year because he swims a lot, but Phoe is a mucky pup and needs to be washed more often.

Well I had washed him actually the day before that thread, I had to wash him again last week and now he's rolled in something again. :rolleyes: I think I'll get him a plastic coat so I can just take it off.

Oh for god sake, there was a thread a little while ago about bathing your dog and I said I can get away with bathing Harley maybe twice a year because he swims a lot, but Phoe is a mucky pup and needs to be washed more often.

Well I had washed him actually the day before that thread, I had to wash him again last week and now he's rolled in something again. :rolleyes: I think I'll get him a plastic coat so I can just take it off.

A bandana will catch most of the goo - well if does for my guy lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Dropped lex off for the weekend at home boarding as we have a wedding. The lady has two rotties and just got another one. The cutest dog ever. She's a one year old rescue with long hair for a rottie. Such a cute face, am in love.

Lex loves it there with all the big dogs.

tk123 wrote: »
    A bandana will catch most of the goo - well if does for my guy lol!

:o My boys can't wear anything but flat collars around each other because they pull each other around by any dangly bits available.

:o My boys can't wear anything but flat collars around each other because they pull each other around by any dangly bits available.

:eek:I hope they are both neutered!! :pac:

:eek:I hope they are both neutered!! :pac:

They are! However it didn't stop an incident that I'm sure will stay with my neighbours for a long time.

They were out their back having a party, Kieran and I were out ours having a BBQ, the boys were playing, poor Harley let a yelp and I turned around and saw Phoe biting him, so I shouted "Phoenix EGAR you let go of Harleys willy NOW!!" (I use surnames when they're in trouble)

It was like silence descended over the whole world, you'd have heard a pin drop. Then next door erupted into laughter and I spent the rest of the day inside watching tv with a very red face.

• Advertisement

They are! However it didn't stop an incident that I'm sure will stay with my neighbours for a long time.

They were out their back having a party, Kieran and I were out ours having a BBQ, the boys were playing, poor Harley let a yelp and I turned around and saw Phoe biting him, so I shouted "Phoenix EGAR you let go of Harleys willy NOW!!" (I use surnames when they're in trouble)

It was like silence descended over the whole world, you'd have heard a pin drop. Then next door erupted into laughter and I spent the rest of the day inside watching tv with a very red face.

Haha that is brilliant!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement