Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Anyone see this on FB?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443480292354318&set=a.168897579812592.28474.168193766549640&type=1&theater

541161_443480292354318_1547839845_n.jpg
    For the past 6 years, a German shepherd called Capitán has slept next to the grave of his owner every night at 6pm.
    His owner, Miguel Guzmán died in 2006. Capitán, the dog, disappeared while the family attended the fueral services. A week later reatives of Guzmán were visiting the cemetery when they were astounded to find the dog next to the owner's grave.
    The cemetery director says that the dog comes around each night at 6pm, and has done so for the past 6 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh seen that a few minutes ago. Funny looking German Shephard isnt it?:p

I thought that when I was linked. Is it a fake story?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah like that episode of Futurama where they show Fry's dog waiting for him to come back! **sob** (sorry - the clip is a bit crap)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Anyone ever see Greyfriars bobby?

There is a memorial to him in Edinburgh, lovely film too based on his story.

Here's a link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Bobby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I got caught nicely playing hide and seek with my dog in the woods today :o By a sort of neighbour who I don't know very well. I didn't even try to explain why I was skulking behind trees by myself :o:o

littlebug wrote: »
    I got caught nicely playing hide and seek with my dog in the woods today :o By a sort of neighbour who I don't know very well. I didn't even try to explain why I was skulking behind trees by myself :o:o

I think we're better off not explaining when our pets make fools us lol - it just makes us look more crazy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Phoes breath is stinking at the moment. Every time I try to check his teeth he clamps his mouth shut. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor Peach is not happy at all at all. Brought them in to get their vaccines, checked over Cream, all was good so he got his shot for leukemia. But Peach still has scabs, and has one which is quite raw and weepy so is infected so instead of just getting her vaccine and being on her merry way she got a shot of an antibiotic that lasts 2 weeks, a frontline, and has to wear the cone of shame! And she has to go back in 2 weeks time for a check up and hopefully she can get vaccinated then!

• Advertisement

Got lola a new bed today, set me back 45 but itl do her when she's bigger. :)

Rommie wrote: »
    Just a cross between a king charles and a collie then. But are these in a petshop!?

Actually a collie x spaniel and yea they are in the window. 190e and 9 weeks old

Dunny wrote: »
    Got lola a new bed today, set me back 45 but itl do her when she's bigger. :)

We have the same bed 2 years now - a dspca one I got half price for €25 on Bailey's 1st birthday! :D

We had one a while but she got at the tread in it and pulled it all out! Havta keep an eye on her with this one.

Oh almost bit my tongue off earlier!! Walking along and somebody was approaching with a doberman - it was interested in other dogs and she didn't have much control with it being on a halti.. Starting pulling towards Bailey and the lady apologised, told her it was grand and kept walking (knew Bailey wouldn't want to talk to it as it had a head collar on and he's not a fan of dogs wearing them).. Anyhoos we had already passed and the dog starting barking/crying a bit - she smacked it so hard people down the road looked and was ROARING at it. FFS! :mad::mad::mad:

Lola made a new lab friend. Hes twice the size of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I think the Dublin Pug Club meets the third Sunday of every month...meaning this Sunday YAY :D

Its going to be Maggies first doggie meet up since getting all her puppy vaccinations :)

Lola made a new lab friend. Hes twice the size of her!

Hehe it's funny when they're different sizes and pair up like that isn't it? My guy has a JRT friend the size of his head and they play fight all the time but he never hurts the little guy and is very gentle with him. I put it down to going to daycare tbh

She doesnt know what to be doing with him lol Hes a big dote, not many dogs tolerate her hyperness but he does.

527455_10151152853203673_982201523_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

My reaction to that picture :):eek::o:o

Brings back memories of my last dog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I just saw an ad on a certain website for Caucasian mountain dogs... any reading I've done on them so far shows that they are not suitable for pets unless you are extremely used to large dogs with interdependent natures, and now they are being sold to the Irish public.. I sincerely hope the person selling the pups is ensuring they go to the right homes other wise god knows what might happen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Benson has taken to occasionally doing his poo in the sea when we're walking on the beach. It's a bit like that scene from Marley and me, dogs are busy splashing around then next thing he's doing donuts and squatting down to business, never just on the shore but at least 10 foot in:mad:. I'm not exactly dressed for wading so embarrassingly I have to leave it in the sea.

Today I was walking on the beach, and I'm walking along carrying two poo bags, both from Coco:p when Benson starts his rotations. Of course this happens in front of a few people, another couple who were dog walking and also a family with a couple of kids who were staring and frowning. The other dog walkers understood but the family looked at me like I was the worst person in the world, not that I didn't feel embarrassed enough already.

Almost as bad as the time I took him on a training course and he did his poo in a plant pot of geraniums.

281532_10151110083551334_1033510409_n.jpg

We have guys in drilling, shes afraid of her life and its affected her behaviour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

millies first Halloween this year. God help us. She's a barker normally (which I like. Makes for a great guard dog...). But she is going crazy with all the fireworks. Anyone have any tips?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    millies first Halloween this year. God help us. She's a barker normally (which I like. Makes for a great guard dog...). But she is going crazy with all the fireworks. Anyone have any tips?

Adaptil (aka DAP) / Kalmaid / Thundershirt. I've had success with all of them Kalmaid and DAP when my guy was on crate rest and the thundershirt for afterwards when he was afraid of traffic and also for when we do t-touch at home.

Speaking of crate rest we're one year post op tomorrow! :pac: :pac:

PS - the amount of zombie threads lately - is it to do with Halloween? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Mine aren't bothered by fireworks, but a previous dog was, so we just played loud music or turned up tv during "banger" hours.
    Don't react, just call her to you and tell her to sit, then praise her and try another trick. I use this method to distract Oliver (well I try at least) when something is setting him off a lot.

So a year ago today we were sitting in the waiting room of Gilabbey vets in Cork waiting to leave our baba in to have his leg straightened. A long long day waiting to hear if he was ok and when we could collect him and head back home to Dublin, him followed by months of careful crate rest and restricted exercise. It was hard at times but worth every second when I see him hobbling around in this video :

and then running amok in this one from last month (they had cut the long grass and he went mad lol but I was slow with the phone so missed his first couple of laps :pac:)

my baba lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Poor Flo has a really sore ear today :-( Saw her scratching it this morning and had a look in her ear and it looked awful, not sure if its mites or if it was dried blood from scratching it, poor thing. Have vet appt for lunchtime today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement