Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Just checked the settings of league.
    Free Agent Auction can't be turned off in the middle of the week, so it's either that or waivers.

EDIT: I can however change the auction process time to process and hour or two before kickoff Sunday to that everyone has time to put in last minute bids if necessary
    Raoul wrote: »
    That would mess up people that don't have time to set their lineup that close to kickoff.

I sort of forgot about the auction part of the drafting from the waivers. If the auction ended on Sunday morning, that would probably help.

Before put this up for a vote, wanted to see if the proposed change to change waivers to Sunday morning would suit rather than putting it to a vote to back to pure waivers?

11am EST is the earliest I can put the waivers to (which would be 4pm GMT, 2 hours before first kick-off)

Specifically asking guys who support the vote: adrian522, Raoul, linebacker52, guns4all

We're full up now at 18 teams
    Invites sent out

Will do poll for draft date and rules soon

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Before put this up for a vote, wanted to see if the proposed change to change waivers to Sunday morning would suit rather than putting it to a vote to back to pure waivers?

11am EST is the earliest I can put the waivers to (which would be 4pm GMT, 2 hours before first kick-off)

Specifically asking guys who support the vote: adrian522, Raoul, linebacker52, guns4all

Yeah id be fine with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I would also be happy to see waivers at 4pm GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am fine with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Fine by me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That's grand with me too. Are we definitely staying with ESPN or will there be a vote on that too?

adrian522 wrote: »
    That's grand with me too. Are we definitely staying with ESPN or will there be a vote on that too?

At least 3 people have requested it, so there will be a vote

EDIT: Have put a poll up on the league page and emailed all league members.

Need a majority of league members to approve any change

At least 3 people have requested it, so there will be a vote

EDIT: Have put a poll up on the league page and emailed all league members.

Need a majority of league members to approve any change

I can't seem to find the poll :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

On the league home page on the right, that's where I found it.

• Advertisement

Got it thanks! I thought we were doing the big poll with all the rule changes in it.

Raoul wrote: »
    Got it thanks! I thought we were doing the big poll with all the rule changes in it.

No other changes suggested so far, so just going ahead with this one for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

am i in this league or not?:)

nerd69 wrote: »
    am i in this league or not?:)

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

Yes

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Vote is fairly close, anyone else thinking we should have a league in each?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Am I playing? Sorry haven't been online much the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Am I playing? Sorry haven't been online much the last week or so

You are on the team list heli...

Looks like we're staying on ESPN lads, 9 votes for it already.
    Couple of housekeeping things:

1. Any other suggestions for rule changes, put it up and if anyone agrees with it thank the post. Three people supporting something will get it put to a vote.

2. Can giffney1991 (Empty Empty) and shoutman (BFL No Show's) change their team names please?
    Put those in last year when they had no owners, and know some people were confused by it. Thanks

3. Have put up a poll for the draft date soon enough, will have days from Mon 25 Aug up to Thu 4 Sep.
    Earlier we sort this the better so people can try and arrange to be available if possible. The auction really is good fun, and don't want a repeat of last year where guys who missed it were unhappy with their auto-picked teams and didn't bother doing anything in the league (subsequently kicked out and not particularly welcome back).
    Put your boards username as name for the poll so can keep track of who needs to complete it
    http://doodle.com/5da7t56mi2w6usih

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Are we sticking with 16 team?

I think we should, after what happened last year. If there are extra people looking to get in, then they can take the place of drop outs. I think that works better than extending to 18 and then having some no shows on draft night.

• Advertisement

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Are we sticking with 16 team?

I think we should, after what happened last year. If there are extra people looking to get in, then they can take the place of drop outs. I think that works better than extending to 18 and then having some no shows on draft night.

Have 18 teams at the moment.

If there's anyone that wants to drop out for any reason then I will remove them. Until shown otherwise, have to assume that everyone who has signed up wants to play and will do so.

Once draft date is confirmed will message everyone who cannot make the date and get them to confirm they are still committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Anybody try a mock draft yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Anybody try a mock draft yet

Yup, did 3 there. Had the 1st pick in 2 and picked Dree Breeszzzz...they didn't like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

You are allowed ten teams on espn so ive done a few already. the heck with mocks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I presume it will be an auction again Ye ?

I presume it will be an auction again Ye ?

Yes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looking to setup another fantasy league with 0.5 PPR and 6 point passing TD's among other oddities.

Post here if you are interested, I'd prefer the league to have regular's from here or the AF forum so as to minimise the risk of inactives...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91624075#post91624075

12 people completed the poll so far to decide draft date.

Still waiting on:
    Pudsy33
    SantryRed
    Guns4all
    nerd69
    PerrinV2
    linebacker52

Going to close the poll at the end of this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

12 people completed the poll so far to decide draft date.

Still waiting on:
    Pudsy33
    SantryRed
    Guns4all
    nerd69
    PerrinV2
    linebacker52

Going to close the poll at the end of this week.
    I'm happy to go with the majority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Rob,

Just to let you know that myself and Dave are gonna drop out. We don't think we will have the time to give the team it's proper management and after last season, we didn't wanna leave you stuck with a cpu team.

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone

Advertisement