Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League with a difference

Options
  • 07-08-2014 7:41pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just throwing this out there to see if there would be any interest.

I'd like to play in a league with non-standard scoring and just a few little differences to make it a bit more interesting and less about plugging in players based on rankings etc.

What I'd do is the following:

12 teams
    Auction draft
    0.5 ppr
    6 points per passing TD
    Free agent auction bidding

Any takers?

I'd give preference to AF regular posters and Madden players as it would encourage a bit of banter among players who post regularly anyway.

Post below if you are interested...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What's ppr? I'm in anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Point per reception, in this format a receiver would get an additional half point every time he catches the ball. So a 10 yard reception gets him 1 point for the 10 yards and 0.5 points for the reception.

Puts a bit of a premium on guys that make a lot of catches but don't make a lot of yards.

The more popular format would be PPR, which is a full point per reception, in those leagues the guy above would have gotten 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kopfan

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'm in!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

1.|Adrian522
    2.|Pudsy33
    3.|Kopfan
    4.|PADRAIC.M

8 places left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Yea I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

I'd be interested in joining if you have places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Yes please

1.|Adrian522
    2.|Pudsy33
    3.|Kopfan
    4.|PADRAIC.M
    5.|HigginsJ
    6.|LightningBlue
    7.|Danger_dave1
    8.|shoutman

4 places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'd like to join. Played in the madden league last year.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there to see if there would be any interest.

I'd like to play in a league with non-standard scoring and just a few little differences to make it a bit more interesting and less about plugging in players based on rankings etc.

What I'd do is the following:

12 teams
    Auction draft - Rather than a draft, everyone gets $200(imaginary) to spend on their team. As players are nominated you bid how much you are willing to pay for him. Highest bid gets him, they are a whole lot of fun.
    0.5 ppr - As explained below, a receiver/TE/RB gets an additional 0.5 points for every catch. Increases the value of pass catching running backs and other receivers who make a lot of catches.
    6 points per passing TD - Self explanatory really but increases the value of QB's.
    Free agent auction bidding - Similar to the auction draft we will use a bidding process for picking up FA's. You bid on the free agent and whoever bids the most gets him, you obviously won't know what everyone else has bid.

Any takers?

I'd give preference to AF regular posters and Madden players as it would encourage a bit of banter among players who post regularly anyway.

Post below if you are interested...

Just wanted to add a bit of a description to each of the above if people aren't sure what is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alsully

Im in send me link. Any money involved?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Count me in Adrian

Will this be on nfl.com or espn?

I'm not sure yet, if we get the numbers I'll setup a poll..

Anymore takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I'm in

1.|Adrian522
    2.|Pudsy33
    3.|Kopfan
    4.|PADRAIC.M
    5.|HigginsJ
    6.|LightningBlue
    7.|Danger_dave1
    8.|shoutman
    9.|alsully
    10.|helimachoptor
    11.|giffney1991
    12|Lionbacker

Anyone else interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Count me in.

OK, we have 12 names, if anyone else comes along who is a regular of the American Football forum or the Madden forum I will accommodate them, otherwise we have our 12.

Can I remind everyone at this point to re-read the fantasy football charter.

If for any reason you think you will not be able to give this league the time it needs and deserves please drop out now, anybody who signs up and is subsequently inactive will not be eligible for any boards fantasy football leagues next season

If you receive a trade offer in this league please respond if only to say, "Sorry I'm not interested", it shows very bad form to just ignore trade requests.

Could people post below if they have a preference for ESPN.com or NFL.com to host the league. I'm not bothered either way but will go with the majority.

Can everyone send me their email address in a PM and I will send out invites.

Finally, please fill out the following poll to indicate your availability for the auction.

http://doodle.com/gxvcf3tmudytxazg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

OK, we have 12 names, if anyone else comes along who is a regular of the American Football forum or the Madden forum I will accommodate them, otherwise we have our 12.

Can I remind everyone at this point to re-read the fantasy football charter.

If for any reason you think you will not be able to give this league the time it needs and deserves please drop out now, anybody who signs up and is subsequently inactive will not be eligible for any boards fantasy football leagues next season

If you receive a trade offer in this league please respond if only to say, "Sorry I'm not interested", it shows very bad form to just ignore trade requests.

Could people post below if they have a preference for ESPN.com or NFL.com to host the league. I'm not bothered either way but will go with the majority.

Can everyone send me their email address in a PM and I will send out invites.

Finally, please fill out the following poll to indicate your availability for the auction.

http://doodle.com/gxvcf3tmudytxazg

ESPN myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Espn please

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alsully

espn is in a different league compared to nfl.com cant believe people actually use nfl.com.

my pick is definitely 100% espn

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Just to let you know, myself and Danger_Dave will be co-managing the team.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Just to let you know, myself and Danger_Dave will be co-managing the team.

Not up to managing a team by yourself eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Not up to managing a team by yourself eh?

Nah, Dave needs someone to keep him in check ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

NFL.com

I'll go with espn

4-1 in favor of ESPN so far.

2 more votes for ESPN and we will go with that.

Could everyone fill out the doodle poll as soon as possible so we can get a draft date confirmed.

I've included next week in it though of course that may not be possible if everyone doesn't get to vote by then,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

espn is fine with me

Advertisement