Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

NO - home taping is killing music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

I heard Vero Moda is going into Blue Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

where did you hear that from Eliza??? nice one... was walking the town yesterday ... alot of shops available to rent... they were painting the front of the dunnes stores on the main street but maybe only to clean it up a bit since its coming to paddys day and the skyfest etc... also seen the wool shop down by heatons had got all that galvanise taken off it and the front of the shops painted...hopefully somthing going to happen in there...

new portugese take away fast food place opened by the bullring... kebab's with a twist ... open chargrilled food ! absolutely lovely...had some last night !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

also seen the wool shop down by heatons had got all that galvanise taken off it and the front of the shops painted...hopefully somthing going to happen in there...

Bobby O'Neill owns that place couple of years ago there was a planned extention to South 51 but he ran out of money perhaps he has the money now as he didn't sell it.

maybe so mcloughlin i heard that years ago as well ythat he was meant to be putting another nightclub in there because the property extends right down to near enough the quayside! :) who knows but any new business is always good !

• Advertisement

in town today and saw people fitting out both the shop where "B-Young" was and also "Blue Mountain" .... thought at first they were knocking both into one but dont think so .... hopefully 2 new arrivals soon !

also new sweets shop opened beside chocolate bar on the bullring side...beside ruthys and the new portugese "casa d'galo".

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

in town today and saw people fitting out both the shop where "B-Young" was and also "Blue Mountain" .... thought at first they were knocking both into one but dont think so .... hopefully 2 new arrivals soon !

also new sweets shop opened beside chocolate bar on the bullring side...beside ruthys and the new portugese "casa d'galo".[/QUOTE]

Lets hope there is some new shops coming, although i hardly ever shopped in 'Blue Mountain', too expensive...

Is this the new take-away you were on about?? Sounds nice...

lets hope so vern...never really shopped in blue mountain myself for years...used to yonks and yonks ago but not so much recently...not because of the price but because there wasnt anything i would be bothered buying in there to be honest.

a couple more shops would be cool indeed !

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Used to go to into Blue Mountain, but there wasnt anything great about it and it was just to dear...
    I think that 'Fat-face' shop in the bull ring is the same...
    Hopefully there will be a few more shops opening...looks really bad with empty shops on the main street.

BPM is a huge loss to the town, i would spend hours in there!!

i think fatface is good ... at first i thought it wasnt that great and not much but now i think its cool and some really nice stuff in there... think its reasonably priced as well to be fair .... their clothes are good quality and well made as far as i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Card King is open now afaik. It's where Deegan's Discount Stores was on the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lovechoco

Had a hot chocolate from the new chocolate shop across from card king at sky fest, was lovely, also heard that click is opening in wexford soon, anyone heard that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Where exactly is the card king?

And what is the Click? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

David900 wrote: »

Click=overpriced computer store selling stuff you can get cheaper elsewhere.Anyone with even a modicum of knowledge about computers won't shop there.

the chocolate box is nice alright .they seem to be doing very well...always sombody in there!

heard click was coming to town alright but that was ages and ages ago... do you know where they're moving into ? main street or out in one of the centres out by woodies etc ?

they might be overpriced but id say 1% of the population truly know what they're doing regarding computers, 20% are competent, 10% think they know what their doing and the rest are totally clueless. they'll do well ! :)

no other pc shop in wexford really where you can buy anything decent so its badly needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

David900 wrote: »

About a hundred yards from White's on the main street, just up from the side of the stores.

Cards are cheap in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lovechoco

Heard click is opening on the main street,

excellent stuff... maybe where blue mountain was or the shop beside blue mountain... seen that getting fitted out the last week as well...

2 new stores there and possibly more... in fairness wexford seems to be attracting business anyway ... we've had some closures but seems those closures are being replaced fairly rapid each time....

now we just gotta hope somthing opens in the old dunnes stores and tesco sites ! drove past the old tesco the other day... the place needs a good lick of paint ...the only thing there now is fordes restaurant.

i also found i was put off by the state of south main street over the skyfest... i just didnt want to be up that end of town cause it doesnt seem as nice up that way and the street needs to be done pronto in my opinion. off putting ! dont mean to be rabbiting on about it but it annoys the hell out of me!

new doctor surgery or consultant/ aftercare type place opening in redmond square. in the people this week... also county hall due to be finished in June...

new doctor surgery or consultant/ aftercare type place opening in redmond square. in the people this week... also county hall due to be finished in June...

Is there not a doctor's consultants already in McCauley's in Redmond Square?

Do you know which company took over the building of the county hall by any chance?

• Advertisement

Mccauleys closed their medical centre over a year or more ago...could be 2 or 3 years even.... dont knw what happened but all doctors went back to their own surgeries.

the council building was just put out to lots of different independant sub-contracters as far as i know and the council themselves are overseeing the whole operation on a daily basis.

I can see their logic behind them doing it but I don't think it will save them money, probably overrun it if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭druss

I only noticed that the Spanish tapas place on Anne Street was gone on Skyfest night. Pity. I was only there once, but had planned a return visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I avoid the south main street. It has become a no go area if im honest, Alot of teenagers and undesirables hang out outside Mint and the snookerhall, its fairly uncomfortable walking down there. I usually cut down Henrietta Street to walk home.

But its good to know, as soon as one shop closes, another takes its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

I doubt Click is opening. Theyre currently in examinership.....

new logo design / print place opening beside FORDS Restaurant on the quay ... used to be a massage parlour! should be open soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Click opening in the shop beside Byrnes on the main street (used to be Hallmark) Schuh opening beside old Blue Mountain shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Eliza1 wrote: »
    Click opening in the shop beside Byrnes on the main street (used to be Hallmark) Schuh opening beside old Blue Mountain shop.

Where was old blu mountain shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Main street, opposite Sam McCauleys and beside Joyces.

• Advertisement

thats great news! schuh is a great shop ... always some nice exclusive bits and pieces .. a really cool addition !! and nice one on click too... about time and well needed!

i also seen the shop beside ned buggy sports on north main street with windows and doors papered or blank out during the week...accross from the old soul 2 sole shop ... always used as a gallery for the opera festival etc.

may be somthing going in there hopefully...

Advertisement