Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S506 - Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken - Have Not Read the Books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

felt as bad for theon as i did for sansa - cant wait for ramsey to get murdered in the most horrible fashion, even joffrey was a love to hate him type, this guy is just a complete and utter scumbag (plays it really well too)

Ramsey is just pure evil. I felt Joffrey was a bad person whose privilege as the prince & king gave him an excuse to act on his dark thoughts. I'd say if Ramsey had that same sort of untouchable position, his evil would have led him to Mad King levels of horrible.

The Boltons in general are absolute dirt. From their sigil to the father's story on how Ramsey was conceived shows everything you need to know about them. I really hope they all get a slow painful death, especially after their part in the red wedding as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Ugh, that last scene.....really hope Ramsey and his father get what they deserve. So whose side is littlefinger on? I presume noones and is just playing them all off against each other. Also, pardon my ignorance, but since Mormont is infected with that disease by touching Tyrion and others does he not infect them as well or does that only happen in the later stages of the disease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I usually like the fights/battles in this show, but that fight between Jamie, Bronn and the 3 girls was absolutely terrible. Something about the 2 lads sneaking in and what transpired just seems off to me.

This season is still better than the majority of shows out there, but I don't know, I'm just not enjoying it as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭VulcanRaving

Surely Tommen Baratheon is the only guy in Westeros who would let some crazy religious nuts take Natalie Dormer away from him and do nothing! As much as I couldn't stand Joffrey at least he stirred the pot.

As for the ending am I the only one who was holding my breath for Theon (or should I say Reek) for a Darth Vader style intervention?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I usually like the fights/battles in this show, but that fight between Jamie, Bronn and the 3 girls was absolutely terrible. Something about the 2 lads sneaking in and what transpired just seems off to me.

This season is still better than the majority of shows out there, but I don't know, I'm just not enjoying it as much.

UPcmC7b.gif

Wouldn't trust the one on the right to butter bread, nevermind convincingly wield a dagger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

chasmcb wrote: »
    Yeh after Margery giving him champion rides morning noon and night you'd think he'd have been a bit more pro-active about protecting her!

He has Cersei to service him now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The ending was one of the most heartbreaking scenes I have ever seen on telly.

Literally dumbfounded at that bastard of a Ramsay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

ricero wrote: »
    Mr eko in da house !
    Adebisi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Surely Tommen Baratheon is the only guy in Westeros who would let some crazy religious nuts take Natalie Dormer away from him and do nothing!
    All it takes is for good men, a boy in this case, to do nothing for evil to prevail. Judging by the opposition to same sex marriage in this fair isle in 2015, we're not as far apart from those fanatics in Westeros as you would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's a bit unbelievable that the Tyrells would support the Lannisters in their future battles for the crown, especially if they are certain they have betrayed both siblings to religous nuts.From what cersei was saying in this episode it seems the Lannister armies are very short of men and experience, just seems Cersi's petty personal vendetta will get them all killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Probably the poorest episode of a very very strong season overall.

The sand-snakes are a damp squib.
    Tomin might as well not exist.

Aria's story was the strongest aspect by some distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It's a bit unbelievable that the Tyrells would support the Lannisters in their future battles for the crown, especially if they are certain they have betrayed both siblings to religous nuts.From what cersei was saying in this episode it seems the Lannister armies are very short of men and experience, just seems Cersi's petty personal vendetta will get them all killed.

Though not at peak strength, from what I can make out, the armies of Kings landing are more than a match for the Tyrell/High garden armies.

Cersi's insult is effectively a declaration of war, but I doubt anything will happen just yet.
    I expect high-garden to turn on Kings Landing one day.... But not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

You never forget your first time...

There's a lot going on in this season, no wonder they left out Bran Stark's story, hard enough to squeeze even half of all the goings on into each episode.

Expecting a big death in the penultimate, cross the Tyrells at your peril...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Oh I was not suggesting that the Tyrells would fight the lannisters but that they would just be reluctant to help them in the future engagements of the war- its weakened the alliance in a very petty way. i think Cersei is just doing this to not have to marry the brother so will kick the cult out of the city in the next few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This show has got worse each episode. Nothing much happens and if something happens at all, its a bad guy/faction winning like the the end of this episode.

This season has been terrible so far

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Cersi's insult is effectively a declaration of war, but I doubt anything will happen just yet.
    I expect high-garden to turn on Kings Landing one day.... But not yet

Cersei's blinkered perspective can be a bit thick and counter-productive. Her blind insistence that Tyrion had poisoned Joffrey was totally irrational, as even Jaime could see. And now here she is recklessly jeopardising a crucial alliance for some spiteful motives of her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Plenty of potential for Cersei making a complete mess come about. The Tyrells are both feeding and up until now, financing. If a schism occurs - and there's loads of potential given Cersei's previous adventures in getting the products of incest onto the Iron Throne and the rumours thereof - they can turn off the tap and starve the city, but I'd wonder what the Iron Bank would make of it especially bearing mind their chat and arrangement with Stannis and with Mace Tyrell turning up on the doorstep on behalf of the Lannisters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭xper

He has Cersei to service him now though.
    jaysus, I'm hoping even the Lannisters draw a line at that.

Everything Dorne is still inferior by GoT standards. That fight scene was not a million miles away from a Benny Hill sketch (I wonder was Bronn's FFS or parting comment improvised).
    And thats after the two boys and a bunch of donkey owners just rock up straight into the ruling family's inner sanctum unchallenged. It's sloppy writing and execution.
    It doesn't help that it's obvious to Irish eyes that those dunes were rather windswept and chilly for the southernmost Westeros kingdom. Surely all the Dorne stuff should have been shot in Croatia? Actually the same goes for Tyrion and Jorah's ongoing tour of Lough Neagh the south coast of Esteros. These lands are supposed to be sweltering, are they not?

That's all very negative. It was a good episode overall. Lots of great dialogues between serious players moving the plot forward. And Emma Peel is back!

Cersai has manipulated the Sparrow lads to her ends for now but can't help thinking that if they're prepared to entrap the new queen, they'll bring up the rumours about her and Jaime before long. And that last look that Lady O gave her suggests she's decided she needs to take action (again).

The build up to the last scene was exquisite GoT audience manipulation. We see Sansa face down Miranda, tell Theon where to go and you're thinking, hey, this girl might actually be able to look after herself now ... and then Ramsey be Ramsey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I must say i enjoyed that one. Last scene was very uncomfortable viewing but brilliantly done.

The sand snake thing was a serious let down. I was expecting a bit more out of that fight too, Bronn yet again was a high point.

I don't know how but i had no idea sir friendzones da was the lord commamder on the wall. Was it ever referenced in more then a throw away line because i like to think i pick up most things when they are talking about other characters and that one really got by me.

Loved the kingslanding scenes this week. Cersi really outplayed everyone but it has been mentioned above she has been completely blinkered in her vendetta and i reckon its going to cost them.

The game of faces and arya's storyline im really enjoying too. I kinda wish it would get more screen time but my guess is they don't have much to go on off the books and they are stringing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well i thought that was a fantastic episode. They're, again, squeezing a lot into one episode, and there are so many stories going around, but i think they're handling them very well. Bronn is all but dead i reckon, they've given him more than long enough to be liked by probably everyone, and we're due a lovable character dieing. And because i know it would be a waste of an excellent actor, than that's my reasoning for him going. I really, really, really hope not though.

And that final scene. Jesus. I can watch pretty much anything, but i'm sure if there was anyone else in the house, they would have been wondering why i was roaring "COME ON TA FÚCK THEON!!!". Hard watching, excellently done. I'm sure the book (if it's in it) would be a bit more graphic, but it was handled perfectly for tv. I wonder will next weeks episode take up from that point, and we see Theon get his proverbial balls back and do something to finish that scene?

I wish they would sometimes make an extra episode or two, i'm sure there's more than enough to make it a 12+ episode per season show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I can't quite decide who's more whipped - Reek or Tommen. Useless, the two of 'em.

I kept hoping Stannis and his men would crash the wedding, but alas, poor Sansa was fed to the dogs instead. I cannot wait for the Boltons to get what's coming to them. Bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

tricky D wrote: »
    Plenty of potential for Cersei making a complete mess come about. The Tyrells are both feeding and up until now, financing. If a schism occurs - and there's loads of potential given Cersei's previous adventures in getting the products of incest onto the Iron Throne and the rumours thereof - they can turn off the tap and starve the city, but I'd wonder what the Iron Bank would make of it especially bearing mind their chat and arrangement with Stannis and with Mace Tyrell turning up on the doorstep on behalf of the Lannisters!

And Cersei has also alienated her uncle who is now the commander in chief of the main Lannister army is he not? She needs to do Strategy101!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

xper wrote: »
    Surely all the Dorne stuff should have been shot in Croatia?

The Dorne garden scenes are shot in Seville, Croatia is the main place for Kings Landing and Bravos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that or the cult kicks her out, that's a dangerous weapon she's wielding given that all of her children are the product of incest

RichFTW wrote: »
    The Dorne garden scenes are shot in Seville, Croatia is the main place for Kings Landing and Bravos.
    That's even worse. They went to the expense of setting up shop in an additional and geographically appropriate country and still we get Irish sand dunes. In fairness, the water gardens themselves do look fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

that or the cult kicks her out, that's a dangerous weapon she's wielding given that all of her children are the product of incest
    Agreed, I imagine Cersei will soon find out that these dogs won't be leashed. They're far beyond her control, she just doesn't know it yet.

I love Olenna, she's so no-nonsense.

I was squeezing my partner's t-shirt so tight during the last scene that I think I stretched it. I was really hoping that whatever is left of Theon would flicker to life and save her. And then I got to thinking that Westeros is probably like pre-1970's Ireland, where it doesn't count as rape if it's your husband. Not far removed from reality indeed :(

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't know how but i had no idea sir friendzones da was the lord commamder on the wall. Was it ever referenced in more then a throw away line because i like to think i pick up most things when they are talking about other characters and that one really got by me.
    Well both being called Mormont was a big red flag. ;) Each of those two characters' backstory becomes intertwined as they are revealed but iirc the clincher was way back when commander Mormont gave his sword with the bear's head carving to Jon Snow after he'd saved his life from the ice zombies at Castle Black. He explained then it had been destined to be his son's before he brought disgrace on his family and fled Westeros. Not sure if he mentioned Jorah by name but there couldn't be too many exiled Mormonts running around the free cities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

So is this the end for Bronn now? Didnt anyone else notice he got slashed during the fight and we all know how they like their poisons.

I think that was more Oberyns insurance policy in case things didn't go to plan in the trial by combat rather than a Dornish MO.
    Ugh, that last scene.....really hope Ramsey and his father get what they deserve. So whose side is littlefinger on? I presume noones and is just playing them all off against each other. Also, pardon my ignorance, but since Mormont is infected with that disease by touching Tyrion and others does he not infect them as well or does that only happen in the later stages of the disease?

It must be the later stages of the disease as he surly would have touched Tyrion when he saved him from drowning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

So four more episodes this season?

Its dragging pretty badly at this point.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

K4t wrote: »
    Adebisi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the cap? "How do you keep that thing on?"

Though this weeks fare wasn't a patch on last week unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

The fight in Sunspear was pretty awful. Not only the actual fight, but the fact that Bronn and Jaime arrive on the scene to rescue Myrcella at precisely the same time as the 3 female warriors coming to take her away was just "leave your brain at reception, thank you"-style stuff. Yer one plotting the kidnapping picked a perfect time to send out her minions :pac:. If that's how it happened in the book, they should have taken the chance to rewrite it to be slightly more believable.

Advertisement