Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

Yeah but seeking a group out would give a welcoming vibe. Pop into a polish shop or a church or a restaurant and ask if they and their group would like to put something together.

Poles etc might not feel like it's their place to participate but if they were asked it might stir up a bit of effort.

I'm not saying any of this is fact, they might not be interested, but it could help.

Groups might be targetting by the organisers but that in itself doesn't mean those groups will participate or be any better than what participated today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

What about the local bands I thought the bands were good. Again fewer bands. All in all I thought the parade was a lot better than other years. Well organised and moved smoothly. There were no gaps like other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone ever been or studied at Limerick City College?? situated near the parkway

what are they like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

TKMAXX is the place to go for those, I got loads for last summer and spotted them there last week.
    Not in town though of course:o

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Penny's and River Island definitely both do then in men's anyway so I assume they would also do women's too.

Penney's. I get about 20 pairs every summer and bin them when summers finished :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Got them in Penneys! Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Looking for wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Got them in Penneys! Cheers lads!

Make sure if your buying them in Penney's that you buy more than you need as they don't last very long at all.

That fat moody cow at the till in Aldi pushing the items through and then piling on the items of the next customer to mine.

Got home and notice that the tomatoes were not in my bag even though they were scanned through. Bet she put them to the side when I wasn't looking. Ahh lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

YFlyer wrote: »
    Looking for wine.

Off license. Plenty of them around.

YFlyer wrote: »
    That fat moody cow at the till in Aldi pushing the items through and then piling on the items of the next customer to mine.

Got home and notice that the tomatoes were not in my bag even though they were scanned through. Bet she put them to the side when I wasn't looking. Ahh lol

Hungover? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Shannon757 wrote: »

Cracking wine to be got in Aldi and Lidl at prices the off-license can't match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Ya,but you don'y get the quality :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Ya,but you don'y get the quality :D

Incorrect. Aldi&Lidl have ranges every bit as good as anywhere else.

It was well past 10 pm :) Was half thinking of calling to Cosgrave filling station. Their hit and miss. Fear not I opened a bottle of brandy :D

Just got 2 bottles. Had one during the French match. Half thinking of opening the 2nd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has anyone heard of anything/anywhere in Limerick for Wrestlemania next weekend? It was great to see it in the cinema a few years back, and there was a restaurant in town showing it last year, but I've heard nothing for this year's one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

An File wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of anything/anywhere in Limerick for Wrestlemania next weekend? It was great to see it in the cinema a few years back, and there was a restaurant in town showing it last year, but I've heard nothing for this year's one.

Looking at Showtime's facebook page, a couple of people have asked them if they're showing it. The replied to one last month; reading between the lines, because WWE have their own channel, it looks like they might have difficulty getting rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Has anyone dealt with Enterprise Cars on the Dock Road lately?

Parchment wrote: »
    Has anyone dealt with Enterprise Cars on the Dock Road lately?

Probably of no interest to you but I went in there fully intending to buy a 12 grand car off him (7 seater family job) but he wouldn't even look at what I had to trade in because it was a citroen, I thought it was unusual. I would have written a cheque (or paid cash if preferred) for 7 or 8 grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Probably of no interest to you but I went in there fully intending to buy a 12 grand car off him (7 seater family job) but he wouldn't even look at what I had to trade in because it was a citroen, I thought it was unusual. I would have written a cheque (or paid cash if preferred) for 7 or 8 grand.

Weird! As he does have noted on most cars "trade in accepted".

Parchment wrote: »
    Weird! As he does have noted on most cars "trade in accepted".

Never even looked at it, I knocked on the office, told him I was interested in the Galaxy, he grunted, told him that I had a citroen to trade in (it's a fine car, very sellable) and he said he doesn't like citroens. He just let me walk out, absolute ignorant man IMO. When I was driving away I was sorry I didn't tell him to go fúck himself so.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I wouldn't take a Citroen off you either. To be fair, when they say they'll take a trade in, they mean a reasonably acceptable trade. It's just underhanded to be honest if you are showing up with a Citroen (or indeed any other heap of sh!t) to try dump it on him, let's call a spade a spade. It's not honest dealing, and just stinks from the outset, so you can't blame him for nibbing it in the bud if we be fair here. This guy has a business to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

myshirt wrote: »
    I wouldn't take a Citroen off you either. To be fair, when they say they'll take a trade in, they mean a reasonably acceptable trade. It's just underhanded to be honest if you are showing up with a Citroen (or indeed any other heap of sh!t) to try dump it on him, let's call a spade a spade. It's not honest dealing, and just stinks from the outset, so you can't blame him for nibbing it in the bud if we be fair here. This guy has a business to run.

Well thats just about as rubbish a statement as I have seen on here , if this ain't trolling then it must be a case of " I don't like them , so they are sh**e" .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to discuss the merits of different types of manufactures please find another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Clareman wrote: »
    If you want to discuss the merits of different types of manufactures please find another forum.

Ok, noted.

• Advertisement

But he didn't even look at it:(

343119.jpg

I don't mind, he just seemed to be a bit of a mod edit to be honest, didn't even look up at me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement