Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

It wasn't vintage stuff for the Irish, but very glad to see Peter Lawrie make the cutt and earn himself 10K.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

vienne86 wrote: »
    It wasn't vintage stuff for the Irish, but very glad to see Peter Lawrie make the cutt and earn himself 10K.

Peter picked up another $15,000 on Sunday in Abu Dhabi Invitational. Obviously doesn't count towards the rankings but nice to win a few quid when you've been struggling to make cuts with the last 18 months.

http://www.golfgamebook.com/tournament/2ur-1zay

Definitely a pick up in his form, just needs to bring his game into the weekends now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,839 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Peter picked up another $15,000 on Sunday in Abu Dhabi Invitational. Obviously doesn't count towards the rankings but nice to win a few quid when you've been struggling to make cuts with the last 18 months.

Definitely a pick up in his form, just needs to bring his game into the weekends now.

It was a European tour sanctioned so I guess that means world ranking points were on offer?

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=247530.html

there were some serious prizes on offer, just a pity nobody got a hole in one for a Bentley and a yacht worth $1.2m

Oh yea, and it was interesting to note that team JP beat team McIlroy :D

Yes, good to see his form improve. He won't get many opportunities this season, so hopefully the makes the most of those opportunities.

Seve OB wrote: »
    It was a European tour sanctioned so I guess that means world ranking points were on offer?

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/news/newsid=247530.html

there were some serious prizes on offer, just a pity nobody got a hole in one for a Bentley and a yacht worth $1.2m

Oh yea, and it was interesting to note that team JP beat team McIlroy :D

I see Lawrie has another start this week.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately this was taken a few weeks ago, I came home the day before Abu Dhabi started :confused: :eek:

Anyway I was on the Metro just pulling into the station right outside the gate of the Emirates when I took this. They were getting set up early! Keep your eye on the tele over the next few days and you should see a few of the driverless trains whizz past. They are up on stilts, excellent service with futuristic stations. Was interesting when you sit up where the driver normally does!

15768261623_a675a981f5_c.jpgEmirates golf club by stevieob, on Flickr

16201019658_aaf6a21f96_c.jpgEmirates golf club 2 by stevieob, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good start yet again for mcllroy, joint leader so far on - 7

Edit : dropped a shot on the last!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Finished on -6. good round. Darren Clarke was going well (had an eagle), but finished on level par. Scoring is lower than I would have thought. McGrane going nicely on -2 after 14. Lawrie only starting - level par.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a ridiculous back 9 from Grillo. 7 birdies in a row to finish his round and shoot a 67.

Lawrie finished on +1. He'll need to do better tomorrow.

So Nick Dougherty is on commentary - I have had mixed feelings about him in the past, but he seems to be doing good job today.

GMac getting good coverage - -4 coming up the last.

• Advertisement

Lawrie finished on +1. He'll need to do better tomorrow.

So Nick Dougherty is on commentary - I have had mixed feelings about him in the past, but he seems to be doing good job today.

GMac getting good coverage - -4 coming up the last.

I have mixed feelings about his wife :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Edit : dropped a shot on the last!

The man is a machine, really growing into his role as best player in the world now. Needs to start adding a few Ws though to start causing his opponents to melt going down the back 9 on Sunday.

I'd love to have seen Gary stahl playing the fearless golf he did last Sunday if it was a 2001 Tiger breathing down his neck. Maybe if Rory can convert his good start this weekend and pick up another win on the Pga tour before the Masters that extra aura can help him eek out a few 'handed to him' wins besides the blow outs.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings about his wife :pac:

Since iv came back to these shores I haven't seen on tv at all. Is she even on sky anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Even if he is bringing up the rear its great to see the Ballesteros surname back on the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Since iv came back to these shores I haven't seen on tv at all. Is she even on sky anymore?

Dunno about the sky work but she did a strange job presenting the Ryder Cup.

Nope. She did the intros for the Ryder cup, and that is all I've seen of her in recent years. I thought she was excellent.

Nope. She did the intros for the Ryder cup, and that is all I've seen of her in recent years. I thought she was excellent.

Probably going to replace Nick on tour. Iirc she is a very good golfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I thought it was really odd, I don't think it was necessarily her fault but it seemed people didn't know what they were doing and when.

I thought it was really odd, I don't think it was necessarily her fault but it seemed people didn't know what they were doing and when.

Agreed. When I said I though she was excellent, I was thinking of her time presenting on Sky. Always seemed to know what she was talking about.

Not too sure about Rory's pink shirt but he is playing very nicely. In complete control of his game at the moment.

Funny listening to all of nick dougherty's advice on how to construct a good golf round. He should probably listen to it himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭abff

Good to see Peter Lawrie having a better round today. It's touch and go whether he'll make the cut. Currently tied 62nd on 2 under but there are a lot of players still out on the course. Fingers crossed he'll make it. It would be nice for him to have a bit of good luck for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Not too sure about Rory's pink shirt but he is playing very nicely. In complete control of his game at the moment.

Funny listening to all of nick dougherty's advice on how to construct a good golf round. He should probably listen to it himself

Those who cant, commentate ;)

Nice round today from Gmac! :)

abff wrote: »
    Good to see Peter Lawrie having a better round today. It's touch and go whether he'll make the cut. Currently tied 62nd on 2 under but there are a lot of players still out on the course. Fingers crossed he'll make it. It would be nice for him to have a bit of good luck for a change.

Tied 58th now! He's in with a shout :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rory's iron play is just sick, he's coasting, pity his putter is cold the last few holes...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Rory's iron play is just sick, he's coasting, pity his putter is cold the last few holes...

But when u hit 16 or 17 gir in every round it's hard to make all the putts in fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

But when u hit 16 or 17 gir in every round it's hard to make all the putts in fairness.

True, he has a great round going but has left a lot of shots out there, most being makeable putts, lovely to see the swing in full flow.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It was a charity day today, breast cancer awareness. The flags are pink too :)

Keano wrote: »
    It was a charity day today, breast cancer awareness. The flags are pink too :)

Should have realised that after seeing the ribbons on their hats!!

Hard to see past rory not winning this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

His length on 17 was crazy 359 and nearly drove the green

Advertisement