Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,136 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Now in fairness any estate agent will tell you that any house you glance briefly at is the most amazing value/ quality/ whatever you are looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Another business lost, Millys boutique formerly the Wardrobe is to close, town is decimated !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I went past Mordaunt Car Yard this morning and it was empty as well so maybe they’ve both retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

looksee wrote: »
    Kind of on a similar topic, can anyone suggest what part of Clonmel they would recommend for an elderly lady thinking of moving into town from the country. I'm not much help because I only vaguely know the town, what areas would you recommend - or possible warn off?

How elderly is she? Would she like a retirement type place like Morton Street or Marian Place? If she is looking for a private residence, the estate agents would be your best starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Im a couple of months late on this so apologies if this has already been mentioned but I see the Mass gig is moving for 2019. I had seen the line up and was very impressed. Just didnt realise it would be in Mondelo park not the dog track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I went past Mordaunt Car Yard this morning and it was empty as well so maybe they’ve both retired.

Both are far from retirement age though....tough times for business !!

solerina wrote: »
    Both are far from retirement age though....tough times for business !!

They might have to eat shepherds pie from time to time.

Is that the one just off the roundabout just after Tesco's?...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Didn't they go bust as Mourdant Group before and then popped up under a new company name in a new location with the Mourdant name over the door but claiming it was a completely new company with nothing to do with the old company and the warranties, debts, etc of the old company. They'll probably be back in a few months somewhere else in town but minus the warranties and debts from the current business. That's why I wouldn't go near them when buying a car. You can't be sure they will be there to honour the warranty when you need it.

George is gone back to being a postman. At least i guess he is as i didnt get my voting card this time

• Advertisement

They might have to eat shepherds pie from time to time.

Is that post a bit harsh? You never know what will come your way.You may be ok with with job and health now,but you never know whats down the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Is that post a bit harsh? You never know what will come your way.You may be ok with with job and health now,but you never know whats down the road...

Given the big deal he made last time about how awful it was to see his poor misfortunate children suffering the indignity of eating Shephard’s pie for dinner, and how he really knew that things were bad when he saw that, i think he could expect a few digs like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

jlm29 wrote: »
    Given the big deal he made last time about how awful it was to see his poor misfortunate children suffering the indignity of eating Shephard’s pie for dinner, and how he really knew that things were bad when he saw that, i think he could expect a few digs like that.

Well I can't see him having much of an appetite for eating humble pie anyway.

Anyway there are about 10 UK yokez over at the show room waiting to be clocked so id say hes still in business for now

Not a specific dig but as far as i can see most importers are at it

Not a bit. There’s nothing wrong with a plate of shepherds pie. Some look down their nose at it but one must cut ones cloth according to ones width. George helped himself out of the doldrums by writing a book titled “Shepherds Pie”, in which he mourned the fact that his family had to dine on it.

Not a bit. There’s nothing wrong with a plate of shepherds pie. Some look down their nose at it but one must cut ones cloth according to ones width. George helped himself out of the doldrums by writing a book titled “Shepherds Pie”, in which he mourned the fact that his family had to dine on it.

The "pay as you go auto" facebook page is still there with posts from a few hours ago,so it seems Shepherds pie is not on the menu yet.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜€

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Murphy, Ambrose ,English, Ahearn, Molloy, Dennehy take the six seats in the Clonmel Electoral area.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Murphy, Ambrose ,English, Ahearn, Molloy, Dennehy take the six seats in the Clonmel Electoral area.

Results can be found here https://www.rte.ie/news/elections-2019/results/#/local/tipperary-county/clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Maymack

I'd love to know in elections, especially local elections do people vote for the person or the party? You hear so many people in this country annoyed with the government and the pact they have with Fianna Fail. Yet both Fine Gael & Fianna Fail have polled fairly well in this election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maymack wrote: »
    I'd love to know in elections, especially local elections do people vote for the person or the party? You hear so many people in this country annoyed with the government and the packed they have with Fianna Fail. Yet both Fine Gael & Fianna Fail have polled fairly well in this election.

It's sort of a mixture of both to be honest.
    However I know people and they'd gladly tell me they'd vote for FF/FG( They know the country isn't perfect but they see no alternative). They know I can be trusted but they'd never post it online or tell some people.

Think the main issue in Irish politics is people want change but find there's no alternative or are afraid to vote differently than before. They say (aren't they all the same). Is it a case in Ireland where the saying goes ( it's better the devil you know )?? Congratulations to all that were elected, but I do feel if there was more of a turnout the picture could be different. Suppose we'll just have to see what happens in a not to distant general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I think it varies too. There’s certain parties I wouldn’t vote for, no matter how good an impression their candidates made on my doorstep. I do feel also that there’s no point having a load of independents in govt, they can’t achieve as much as a party in government.

I'd love to know in elections, especially local elections do people vote for the person or the party? You hear so many people in this country annoyed with the government and the packed they have with Fianna Fail. Yet both Fine Gael & Fianna Fail have polled fairly well in this election.

I think that people are wise of the empty promises of the more radical elements. We all know that we’ve got to pay our way while keeping an eye out for those unable to. FG & FF don’t tend to suck up to those unwilling to pay their own way.

I do feel if there was more of a turnout the picture could be different.

50.8% for Clonmel area / you wont get much higher

• Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another thing to remember is it's very easy to give out about things not being done but it's different when you've to do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I think it's very difficult to move away from the old establishment and achieve change. Part of the proof of this is the way new parties come and go. The fact that some have reasonable success for a time shows that there is a hunger for change probably coming from younger voters mainly. The FF/FG pact or whatever you call it makes it very difficult to see any move away from the main parties power hold anytime in the near future.

I don't think 50% or so is a great turnout. We saw in recent referendums that when people are energised about something that the number can be higher. We should be more energised about local and national elections. These results whatever way they turnout affect each and every one of our daily lives.

I'm not affiliated to any party nor have I ever been. I always vote for who I feel will serve county, constituency or country to the best of their ability. Yes there are very good local FF and FG councillors who serve their areas well. I thought with all the recent nurses strikes, overspending on the new national children's hospital and the national broadband plan, housing crisis etc, that the people were going to send a message to FG/FF that they weren't happy. By the results announced we are telling the government we are a people who just give out for a while and then forget and move on.

• Advertisement

julyjane wrote: »
    VILA in Clonmel has closed according to Facebook, along with other shops so probably not a showgrounds specific reason. I'll miss it I always found the girls there very helpful

It reopens tomorrow under the new ownership of the bestseller group..The same staff will be back,and new stock arriving..Thats from their FaceBook page

Advertisement