Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

sky35 wrote: »
    . Another question, has anyone tried to give up the E-Cig at any stage?.

I'm happy to tell you a friend of mine who smoked 30+ a day started using the ego 2 weeks ago and he has told me that he has gone down to just using the vaporizer about 4 times a day... this makes me feel that for him just knowing its there when he needs it is enough so i reckon he will be trying to stop altogether soon :)

But for me... I think its more adictive than "crack" but i love it :D

I have just ordered 3 x 30ml of low strength juice “11” and I’m now thinking it may be too weak to give me enough TH to keep me happy… can I add some of the strong nicotine to this so as to bring it back up to about 18 which is what I’m using at the moment.

Thanks to memso and all the folk on here i have now convinced 3 other people to start on the vaporizers and things are lookin good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mann wrote: »
    I'm happy to tell you a friend of mine who smoked 30+ a day started using the ego 2 weeks ago and he has told me that he has gone down to just using the vaporizer about 4 times a day... this makes me feel that for him just knowing its there when he needs it is enough so i reckon he will be trying to stop altogether soon :)

But for me... I think its more adictive than "crack" but i love it :D

I have just ordered 3 x 30ml of low strength juice “11” and I’m now thinking it may be too weak to give me enough TH to keep me happy… can I add some of the strong nicotine to this so as to bring it back up to about 18 which is what I’m using at the moment.

Thanks to memso and all the folk on here i have now convinced 3 other people to start on the vaporizers and things are lookin good :)

Yeah, I'm kinda similar. I just, well, actually enjoy vaping. It wasn't an unpleasant or pleasure free replacement for smoking (which is why I think it worked getting me off the fags where the patch etc didn't). In fact after nearly 8 months vaping, I'm extremely happy being a vaper and look forward to technology and new liquids improving the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I also went through the thread but i guess its a case of jumping in and doing it then asking questions. Just one more thing before I buy, I currently spend 20 euro a week on two bags of Amber leaf, filters etc. Would I be spending any more of that topping up? How much a month do you guys spend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a 20ml bottle costs about 10-11 euro from thevapourstore, and the prices elsewhere are in or around that too.

it really depends on how much you vape, but I would think I've used 25-30ml a month and I vape almost constantly. it's hard to know exactly cos I mix and match from a few different bottles. but I have been vaping now for about 3 months and a few weeks, and im pretty sure out of all my six 30ml bottles of ejuice I have 3 bottles of juice left between them all.

a 20ml bottle costs about 10-11 euro from thevapourstore, and the prices elsewhere are in or around that too.

it really depends on how much you vape, but I would think I've used 25-30ml a month and I vape almost constantly. it's hard to know exactly cos I mix and match from a few different bottles. but I have been vaping now for about 3 months and a few weeks, and im pretty sure out of all my six 30ml bottles of ejuice I have 3 bottles of juice left between them all.

Thats not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Really enjoying my mk11 screwdriver, been off the analogues (as ye seem to call them here :) ) for 3 days now and I'm delighted.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get pre-filled cartridges for it?

I just think they would be handy for nights out, i.e no need for topping up.

Or have you any other suggestions or experiences in relation to this...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Really enjoying my mk11 screwdriver, been off the analogues (as ye seem to call them here :) ) for 3 days now and I'm delighted.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get pre-filled cartridges for it?

Well once you know what connection you have - 510/901? Maybe the mkII is 510 only. I don't know. If you are happy with cartridges then why change but the Tank is very handy for going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

You could just refill the cartridges that you already have, buying juice is a lot cheaper than buying filled cartridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

My ProVari has been shipped today :D
    Very long lead time (ordered 31.01.2011). Should be here in 3-4 days. Can't wait to vape with this baby :P
    Scott did nice review of ProVari here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7IZANS3cas
    Here is new mod Darwin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYLlfpSfdk for only 300$ :eek:

Opit wrote: »
    My ProVari has been shipped today :D
    Very long lead time (ordered 31.01.2011). Should be here in 3-4 days. Can't wait to vape with this baby :P
    Scott did nice review of ProVari here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7IZANS3cas
    Here is new mod Darwin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYLlfpSfdk for only 300$ :eek:

Hmm ordered mine on the 5th, so hopefully will ship soon!

• Advertisement

puttputt wrote: »
    You could just refill the cartridges that you already have, buying juice is a lot cheaper than buying filled cartridges.

I do refill, it's just that if I was going out then I wouldn't be refilling in the pub, just thought it would be handy to have a pre-filled sealed one in my pocket just in case...

Having a really bad day, bought a pack of cigarettes. Didn't even get half way through the first one before I threw it away. Not happy about breaking down and buying a pack, happy with my reaction to a cigarette.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

nesf wrote: »
    Having a really bad day, bought a pack of cigarettes. Didn't even get half way through the first one before I threw it away. Not happy about breaking down and buying a pack, happy with my reaction to a cigarette.

Glad you threw it away. Taste bad? I'm proud of the fact that since January last year I have had a box of 20 (last purchase before getting the e-cig) in the cupboard and have never felt the need to go near them.

* edit - how does that affect the legitimacy of your banner? :) Don't kick yourself over it in any case. Half a cigarette is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

mewso wrote: »
    Glad you threw it away. Taste bad? I'm proud of the fact that since January last year I have had a box of 20 (last purchase before getting the e-cig) in the cupboard and have never felt the need to go near them.

Taste was mildly unpleasant, more that I was getting very little from it enjoyment wise. Just not enjoying vaping at the moment but if my choice is smoking or vaping and not enjoying either then vaping is the easy choice.

Edit: Banner will be reset if I ever spend a day or a night out smoking. Half a cig on a bad day doesn't bother me much.

Just not enjoying vaping at the moment

Just a general dissatisfaction or is the device you are using not doing it for you/bad flavour?

Just a general dissatisfaction or is the device you are using not doing it for you/bad flavour?

Nothing is satisfying me. Different devices, atomiser types, juices etc. Having real trouble tasting anything at all except for very strong menthol juices.

Bear in mind, am chronically mentally ill so have issues that effect taste, ability to feel pleasure and other stuff going on. My juices, atomisers and devices are probably all fine and it's all in my head.

Nothing is satisfying me. Different devices, atomiser types, juices etc. Having real trouble tasting anything at all except for very strong menthol juices.

Bear in mind, am chronically mentally ill so have issues that effect taste, ability to feel pleasure and other stuff going on. My juices, atomisers and devices are probably all fine and it's all in my head.

Sorry to hear it. Hopefully it will improve. I have gone through patches of it not satisfying me but they haven't lasted long and of course I haven't been struggling with other problems. Perfectly understandable to fall off the wagon in those circumstances though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

K lads. Sink The Banana put me onto this thread so I have a couple of questions, sorry if they have been asked 50 times before but it's a big ass thread and I read as much as I could, skimmed up to about page 20something.

First, I'm going for this http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html seems to be the most popular for beginners going by the thread. Would anyone advise against that or is it still a good bet, good value and all that?

I'm also going to pick up a pack of juice, this one http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/virgina-e-liquid/prod_194.html . Just wondering if anyone had tried the flavour and what they thought? I'm aiming for something close to real tobacco. Also will I be able to use the juice by pouring it into the empty cartridges you get with the starter pack once they are used up? Or will I have to buy the blank cartridges they sell extra as well? Can you keep re-using a blank cartridge or are they single use and then dispose?

My main question though is after the initial purchase how much do people find themselves spending? I know everyone uses different amounts of juice or whatever but in terms of the batteries and the atomizers and all that?

I only ask because I smoke quite a good bit and will mainly be switching to a vapouriser (hopefully) for health reasons but I get my tobacco pretty cheap. Spend 10-12 a week on average max. So that would work out to about 570 a year or so. On that site they give the cost of running a vapouriser at 820 a year http://www.thevapourstore.ie/savings/info_7.html and presumably that is the bare minimum they are giving to make the savings seem as good as possible. I mean if it is going to cost me something like double what I spend on tobacco then, well, my lungs have been holding their own so far all these years........

So what does your average spending hit a month, a year?

Cheers kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Cheers strobe BTW I have the messaging thing sorted.

You're buying the eGo ,fair play great e-cig ,I would recommend trying out the standard menthol liquid after your tobacco liquids.It takes a day or two to adjust but you will enjoy it over the real thing ,that is a fact ,oh and also you'll get your health back!

Pm me if you have any questions..

Edit: I spend 12:50 per week for liquid rather than 80 euro for cigarettes!

• Advertisement

strobe wrote: »
    First, I'm going for this http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html seems to be the most popular for beginners going by the thread. Would anyone advise against that or is it still a good bet, good value and all that?

Good choice. All I will say is if it doesn't fit the bill for you there are alternatives. The eGo tank is probably the best at the moment for a starter imo.
    I'm also going to pick up a pack of juice, this one http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/virgina-e-liquid/prod_194.html . Just wondering if anyone had tried the flavour and what they thought? I'm aiming for something close to real tobacco. Also will I be able to use the juice by pouring it into the empty cartridges you get with the starter pack once they are used up? Or will I have to buy the blank cartridges they sell extra as well? Can you keep re-using a blank cartridge or are they single use and then dispose?

Never tried it I'm afraid. Don't expect it to be anyhting like Virginia though. Flavours are a toughie but again for beginners I like their Joye Tobacco liquid.
    My main question though is after the initial purchase how much do people find themselves spending? I know everyone uses different amounts of juice or whatever but in terms of the batteries and the atomizers and all that?

I only ask because I smoke quite a good bit and will mainly be switching to a vapouriser (hopefully) for health reasons but I get my tobacco pretty cheap. Spend 10-12 a week on average max. So that would work out to about 570 a year or so. On that site they give the cost of running a vapouriser at 820 a year http://www.thevapourstore.ie/savings/info_7.html and presumably that is the bare minimum they are giving to make the savings seem as good as possible. I mean if it is going to cost me something like double what I spend on tobacco then, well, my lungs have been holding their own so far all these years........

So what does your average spending hit a month, a year?

Cheers kids.

I have spend far too much because it's become a hobby. Depending on your approach you will be spending a similar amount a week to your smoking ignoring the initial outlay on the device plus the replacement atomisers from time to time. I'm not really the person to ask though since I would pay triple what I spent on cigs to be off them in this kind of way. i.e. doing something that not only replaces cigs but betters them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Hi Mewso,
    I'm looking at the TITAN 510 compact on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk. I see you have/had one. Is it any good or would you recommend another one? looking to get the benefit of your experience :)

Mez.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does anyone using the tank find some flavours come through stronger than others?

my coffee flavour was so-so using it, the cream or vanilla flavours are almost not noticeable but my tobacco flavour juice is working great with it. I hated the tobacco flavour when i was using the drip tip, but with the tank for some reason I'm enjoying it alot.

Mezamo wrote: »
    Hi Mewso,
    I'm looking at the TITAN 510 compact on theelectroniccigarette.co.uk. I see you have/had one. Is it any good or would you recommend another one? looking to get the benefit of your experience :)

Mez.

They're fine except for two very important things due to the small battery they have: You can't use Low Resistance atomisers on them and the batteries only last 1.5 to 2 hours before needing to be charged which is very annoying. The Tornado starter kits on that website gets around both of these problems for just a little extra cash.

Best benefit of the compact 510 kits is that they're smaller and thinner and at the very start might not feel as weird to an ex-smoker as larger e-cigs like the Ego or Tornado. But honestly, I got over the size thing with the Ego in a day's use. It wasn't a big deal for me.

Hi Mewso,

Mez.

As nesf said. I wouldn't recommend them anymore simply because the eGo is essentially the same device but better. A a cheap option to try them out then maybe it's not that bad a choice.

my coffee flavour was so-so using it, the cream or vanilla flavours are almost not noticeable but my tobacco flavour juice is working great with it. I hated the tobacco flavour when i was using the drip tip, but with the tank for some reason I'm enjoying it alot.

Yeah I'm sticking with my Joye tobacco pretty much on the tank and it's excellent. For actual flavour I would go with my cisco 306 on the integrity :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm sticking with my Joye tobacco pretty much on the tank and it's excellent. For actual flavour I would go with my cisco 306 on the integrity :)

Can't wait to give my Cisco 306s a go on my Provari when it arrives... Variable voltage will just be lovely on them. At the moment I alternate between my Tornado (3.4V) and Prodigy at 3.7V but would love being able to go 3.2 to 4V on them to break them in properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sky35

Hi guys, well my joye ego starter kit arrived on Tuesday and I finally worked up the courage to open it today and I'm stuck, I've read the instructions but I don't even know how to charge it let alone vape with it. Does anyone know maybe of a "how to" video on YouTube that I could watch, has to be one for dummies though as I dont even know which part is which. Apologies for my ignorance but I haven't a clue. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I see that thevapourstore.ie has increased their price for tankomizers by 2 euros:(
    anybody tried LR tanks yet? Some places are selling them already...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Hi guys, well my joye ego starter kit arrived on Tuesday and I finally worked up the courage to open it today and I'm stuck, I've read the instructions but I don't even know how to charge it let alone vape with it. Does anyone know maybe of a "how to" video on YouTube that I could watch, has to be one for dummies though as I dont even know which part is which. Apologies for my ignorance but I haven't a clue. Thanks in advance.

This should help a bit. Not sure if he talks about charging though. Just take the USB cable charger that came with the kit, then you need to screw the battery into the end of it. This can then be used with the adapter plug to charge from a regular mains wall socket, or you can just use the USB cable without the plug adapater and charge it off any device with a USB port. Thats it! Everything else should be covered in this video.

Happy vaping!

Thanks for that Thudd, that helped. I managed to figure out what parts were what and got it charged anyway, not getting massive amounts of vapour like the video (maybe its just my crap lungs from years or smoking) or does it take time to break it in? Also, could someone explain what the drip tip is for?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Thudd, that helped. I managed to figure out what parts were what and got it charged anyway, not getting massive amounts of vapour like the video (maybe its just my crap lungs from years or smoking) or does it take time to break it in? Also, could someone explain what the drip tip is for?

You have two options. Cartridges or dripping. Cartridges have the material dabbed in the liquid and you vape away but for dripping you simply drop 3 drops straight onto the atomiser and take a few drags and repeat when it drys up. The drip tip is used instead of a cartridge to allow users to drip easily. i.e. before drip tips we would have removed the filler from a cartridge for something to use while dripping and because it is sealed we had to remove the cartridge, drip and replace so things a little easier now.

ahhh..I understand now, well I'll stick with filling catridges until I'm a bit more familiar I think. Trying one of the prefilled cartridges that came with the kit, i'm not sure whether I like it or not, I'll try the joye liquid I got later and see if thats any different. Its going to take a bit of getting used to I think... but hopefully I'll be able to stick with it. Thanks for your help.

Thinking of getting a tank, purely for going out, anyone here know how long the batteries last with this? I mean, with the screwdriver the rechargeable batteries last about 3 months apparently, is it similar with the tank?

I suppose I should ask the same question about the attomizers? Is it anywhere between2 and 6 weeks?

thanks

Thinking of getting a tank, purely for going out, anyone here know how long the batteries last with this? I mean, with the screwdriver the rechargeable batteries last about 3 months apparently, is it similar with the tank?

I suppose I should ask the same question about the attomizers? Is it anywhere between2 and 6 weeks?

thanks

Well they are all lithium batteries so should have a similar life-span. Atomisers can last as long up to 4 weeks. I think 6 weeks would be rare enough. Either way never count on it. Always have spares.

Guys,
    I eventually went for the Joye eGo-T starter kit to keep the business IRISH at 59.95 from thevapourstore.ie . I was a little annoyed when I found that I had to buy the liquid seperately which was another 12.95 ( thats what I get for keeping it Irish:mad:) Anyway I'm already off the smokes for the last 4 days but wanted to get some extra insurance when I'm out for a few beers;)... I'll keep my progress updated and hopefully after 21 years I can finally remain smoke (not Vapour) free!

Guys,
    I eventually went for the Joye eGo-T starter kit to keep the business IRISH at 59.95 from thevapourstore.ie . I was a little annoyed when I found that I had to buy the liquid seperately which was another 12.95 ( thats what I get for keeping it Irish:mad:) Anyway I'm already off the smokes for the last 4 days but wanted to get some extra insurance when I'm out for a few beers;)... I'll keep my progress updated and hopefully after 21 years I can finally remain smoke (not Vapour) free!

This starter kit has really good price. Couple months ago you have to pay about 70 for regular eGo kit (with 510 atomizer). Look here http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productPage&product=37&category= ;) They says FEBRUARY PROMOTION PRICE, WAS 89.99, NOW 69.99, WOW !
    If you bought this liquid http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html you can get the same one but much cheaper http://www.thebestshop.eu/e-liquid/cat_6.html or http://ecirettesolutions.com/products.php?view=productListPage&category=11

BTW my ProVari is still on the way:
    Label/Receipt Number: LN76 36****** S
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 22, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Damn thats loooong!:mad:

Can't wait to bump up the voltage for eGo-T atty. People says that 4,2-4,6 volts is really good for tanks.

Rar, my Provari just shipped. :D

Mmm, election count, Provari shipped... This is turning into a really good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭dubguy45

Just ordered the kit for €69.99 with some liquid, thanks for the link. This will be my last attempt at Eciggs.

ProVari arrived :) Yeah baby!

ProVari arrived :) Yeah baby!

Bastard! :D

• Advertisement

Here's my small collection :D
    14b77870b751d977med.jpg

I got my Ego-T today. Put it together in a minute which was great. I have to say I am very very impressed :D great vapour and throat hit plus it actually tastes quite good. I'm going to put in an order for some tester flavours. Any other website than the vapour store do a large range of liquid?? How long should I get out of a 30ml bottle? Anyway this seems too good to be true is there any solid information on the health aspect of these things?

Mez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I've been using the ego for nearly 2 months now, love it and no slip ups, I've been using Halo menthol ice and I stupidly ran out of it on friday which meant I had to use double mint which sickened me and I had some a small halo freedom but the tobacco taste was horrible after using the menthol ice now for weeks , I hardly vaped at all for the weekend and have felt a bit down because of it and I did half heartedly think about buying a pack of cigarettes but I knew I wouldn't really, my order should arrive tomorrow I hope, I absolutely cannot wait to sit down with a cup of tea and a fresh cartomizer and my mentol ice :):D

I got my Ego-T today. Put it together in a minute which was great. I have to say I am very very impressed :D great vapour and throat hit plus it actually tastes quite good. I'm going to put in an order for some tester flavours. Any other website than the vapour store do a large range of liquid?? How long should I get out of a 30ml bottle? Anyway this seems too good to be true is there any solid information on the health aspect of these things?

Mez.

There are lots of sites for buying e-liquid. All you can do is check out some of the many links mentioned in this thread. Here is a link to a post on UK Vapers that might answer your question re. health. - http://ukvapers.com/topic/110-scientific-studies-related-to-pvs/

I got my ego-t yesterday at lunchtime yesterday and havent touched a cigarette since. The most suprising thing is that Ive done it with relative ease, apart from almost going to light the ego last night. I only got one liquid with it, the ry4, and have some golden virginia and amber leaf coming from ok smokey today.

Big thanks to you Mewso, I think after 20 years Ive found an alternative that I can most definitely stick with.

One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this isnt working for me, any ideas?

wingnut32 wrote: »
    One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this is working for me, any ideas?

I don't have any of the new batteries so I haven't used them. I only have the previous versions that you couldn't turn off. I suppose it's possible some cheapskate put the older version of the batteries in the pack.

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I got my ego-t yesterday at lunchtime yesterday and havent touched a cigarette since. The most suprising thing is that Ive done it with relative ease, apart from almost going to light the ego last night. I only got one liquid with it, the ry4, and have some golden virginia and amber leaf coming from ok smokey today.

Big thanks to you Mewso, I think after 20 years Ive found an alternative that I can most definitely stick with.

One issue I have is with the two batteries, the manual says to press the led 5 times in 2 seconds to turn on and off, this isnt working for me, any ideas?
    This battery has eGo-T logo ? I know some shops selling eGo-T kits with old version of battery but there is no logo then.
    It must looks like http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/900mah-joye-ego-t-xl-battery/prod_168.html
    I know 5 clicks off and 10 sec cut off look good but I'll stick to old one and ProVari.
    1100mAh battery in ProVari can last me for one day which is just ok because 900mAh eGo can work for about two days. I'm vaping with regular 510 cartomizer (3,0 ohm) on 4,5V. For eGo-T atomizer (ProVari shows me 2,2 ohm) I was able to set only 4,5V. Any voltage above give me E2 error which mean "reduce voltage" (too high current).
    LED starts flashing (slowly) when battery go down to 3,5V but I can still vaping for about 4 hours before ProVari completely switch off (3,3V on battery).

This battery has eGo-T logo ? I know some shops selling eGo-T kits with old version of battery but there is no logo then.
    It must looks like http://www.thebestshop.eu/batteries/900mah-joye-ego-t-xl-battery/prod_168.html

Nope no logo on the battery, there is on the atomizer but not on the battery!:mad:

So you got the answer (unfortunately). Where did you get this kit?

BTW we will see new Premium liquids on thebestshop.eu tomorrow;)
    Can't wait to get RY4 and 100000ml of Silk Cut. Right on time because Im running out of juice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Well got my vape in the door there on Monday morning. The eGo 510 starter pack. Plugged in one of the Marlboro flavour cartridges that came with it. Dear god it was brutal tasting. Reminded me of one time when I was a teenager staying down the country and we ran out of smokes so decided to roll the tobacco from cigarette stabbers in an ashtray into skins and smoke them...only worse. Awful. So not a good first impression.

But dumped that cartridge in the bin and tried using a Joye Tobacco flavour instead. Much better, thankfully. Tried out the Menthol I got as well, which is nice enough but doesn't seem to give me that much of a throat hit. Used to have the same problem when smoking menthol tobacco too. Just wouldn't feel like I had had a smoke after one. Have now switched to dripping the Apple flavour liquid I got instead. Which is lovely and gives a nice good feeling going down. Think I'm going to stick to that as my main flavour from now on, whilst trying out a few of the weirder flavours like Peanut Brittle (wtf!? nom nom nom)

Anyway had two smokes since I got it (as opposed to maybe 30 or something I would have probably had without it) so it seems to be doing the business although only 3 days in now without a weekend so far so will see how things are after a week or two. Pretty impressed so far though.

=======================================================

Could we maybe get a sub forum for this stuff btw? This thread is an absolute nightmare to try and dig through. Think there is definitely a demand for one as this thread alone is busier than a lot of full forums on boards.ie.

Advertisement