Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Fantasy Football 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

Tristram wrote: »
    Thinking about it more now, will it go through? Or does the two day trade reject deadline mean two full days i.e. trade accepted Friday 1500 (1500-2400 doesn't count), Saturday = Day 1, Sunday = Day 2?

Apologies for being a bit dim on this! :o

Morning mon 18th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

This is what is wrong with some leagues.

327923.jpg

You have 3 major players on BYE and you still sneak it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

BKWDR wrote: »
    This is what is wrong with some leagues.

327923.jpg

You have 3 major players on BYE and you still sneak it.

He won't win.

Anyway... He has Matthews in there. Missing for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Raoul wrote: »
    He won't win.

Anyway... He has Matthews in there. Missing for a while

Ryan Matthews is back this weekend

Yeah but I presume that he has been in the guys team for a while despite not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

If McCoy has a great game he'll still sneak it.
    It is frustrating as hell though. You scrape around to make a team and then that happens....
    I'd be calling shenanigans right there

PauloConn wrote: »
    If McCoy has a great game he'll still sneak it.
    It is frustrating as hell though. You scrape around to make a team and then that happens....
    I'd be calling shenanigans right there

In fairness McCoy only has to have an average game and i would imagine he will be good to go. Can't see my K + DEF topping McCoy on a good day.

Look at his DEF score....unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, that was an exceptional score alright. I wouldn't have bet against you at the start

I actually missed he had McCoy. Yeah nothing worse than losing to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Looks like the Eagles D did the job for you!

• Advertisement

In a keeper league and my season is over...would you take Peterson and a 9th round pick for Demarius Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

In a keeper league and my season is over...would you take Peterson and a 9th round pick for Demarius Thomas?

these leagues or so interesting as it really is more like the actual nfl, I would be very interested in taking AP as next season he comes in likely very fresh and we know he wont be banned next year. However short term he wins big so maybe look for a 5-6th round pick.

How many players can you keep at end of season?

Looks like the Eagles D did the job for you!

328038.jpg

No way would i have predicted this result! NUTS

manafana wrote: »
    these leagues or so interesting as it really is more like the actual nfl, I would be very interested in taking AP as next season he comes in likely very fresh and we know he wont be banned next year. However short term he wins big so maybe look for a 5-6th round pick.

How many players can you keep at end of season?

Only 2. I originally had him but dropped him as I needed to win some games and it didn't work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No. Demarius is probably a 1st rounder anyway and who knows what's happening with AP

What round would you keep AP or Thomas in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Is it worth picking up AP? any chance he plays before end of season?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is it worth picking up AP? any chance he plays before end of season?

Prob not but a gamble to take if you're playoff bound with a spare roster spot

gufc21 wrote: »
    Prob not but a gamble to take if you're playoff bound with a spare roster spot

Just read he may be back by December, and hopefully he just took up that spare spot and i may be playoff bound. Getting rid of Ronnie Hillman, supposedly injured and last two games its become obvious Manning isnt a fan.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Just read he may be back by December, and hopefully he just took up that spare spot and i may be playoff bound. Getting rid of Ronnie Hillman, supposedly injured and last two games its become obvious Manning isnt a fan.

I guessed he would be reinstated alright. The only fear I would of had really is would the vikes play him from a pr standpoint? They are not in a real playoff hunt and mkinnon is performing well

Further on to my keeper league. Got offered a trade of DT, Edelman and Kelce for Matt Forte and a 2nd round pick. Think I might take this one. You could argue Forte is almost as good as DT.

• Advertisement

Further on to my keeper league. Got offered a trade of DT, Edelman and Kelce for Matt Forte and a 2nd round pick. Think I might take this one. You could argue Forte is almost as good as DT.

Almost as good? He's a top 5 pick every year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just a question that occurred in my mind as i was setting my lineup in the keeper league this morning. In a keeper league is it acceptable in some cases to start a player on a bye? Sometimes I wonder whether the long term success of the team would be better if I could hold onto a player and take the points hit for that particular week rather than dropping him for someone weaker just so i can have a full lineup.

it's obviously not something I'd do in the normal divisions but the keeper leagues bring up a new set of scenarios.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Just a question that occurred in my mind as i was setting my lineup in the keeper league this morning. In a keeper league is it acceptable in some cases to start a player on a bye? Sometimes I wonder whether the long term success of the team would be better if I could hold onto a player and take the points hit for that particular week rather than dropping him for someone weaker just so i can have a full lineup.

it's obviously not something I'd do in the normal divisions but the keeper leagues bring up a new set of scenarios.

Any thoughts?

I'd do it in a normal league nevermind a keeper league. The goal is to the win the league, not one single game. In a different league I played Bernard on a bye because I didn't want to drop him or anyone on my bench because my team is balanced really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Got this in offer for julius thomas .

Antonio gates, a first, fourth and fifth for next draft.

I have Zach Ertz and Owen Daniels as my back up tight ends.

I could probably let him go but I'm not sure as I know he will be a star for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Any thoughts?

I start bye week players in keeper leagues all the time if Im not comfortable dropping guys that I could possibly hang on to down the road

Got this in offer for julius thomas .

Antonio gates, a first, fourth and fifth for next draft.

I have Zach Ertz and Owen Daniels as my back up tight ends.

I could probably let him go but I'm not sure as I know he will be a star for years

Took this offer for gronk.

2nd pick 2015
    1st pick 2016
    2nd pick 2016
    1st pick 2017
    3rd pick 2017

I was just sick of the injuries though.

Took this offer for gronk.

2nd pick 2015
    1st pick 2016
    2nd pick 2016
    1st pick 2017
    3rd pick 2017

I was just sick of the injuries though.

I'd take that for gronk lets you rebuild, the only problem with thomas he can go games without manning looking his way, might try see if i can turn the 4th and 5th into a second rounder for 2016 actually

I'd take that for gronk lets you rebuild, the only problem with thomas he can go games without manning looking his way, might try see if i can turn the 4th and 5th into a second rounder for 2016 actually

Add to that gates being on the way out. Will you get much more than this year? Thomas is a stud. Top 3 player... id be lookin for similar to what I got considering gronks injury history. If you don't get a deal that leaves u happy, so what? You have a stud TE going forward.
    Every te has quite games

Add to that gates being on the way out. Will you get much more than this year? Thomas is a stud. Top 3 player... id be lookin for similar to what I got considering gronks injury history. If you don't get a deal that leaves u happy, so what? You have a stud TE going forward.
    Every te has quite games

quite games is one thing but 3 in a row! plus i think ertz will become a stud if he can get into a programme that throws to TE's and have daniels with ravens, ah i counter offered we'll see!

• Advertisement

Pierre garcon over golden tate. Anyone? OBJ and bryant too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Hope all Foster owners had handcuffed Blue or have a strong back-up candidate.

Wish I'd held on to Blue... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

The joys of fantasy football...actually spent a good bit of time this week deciding on what WR's to start. 2 that I started combine for 5 points. 2 that I benched combine for 24 points before end of the first quarter. Dont know why i bother....

:D I have Jonas Gray sitting on my bench having started Ben Tate in one league :D

Also started Brady (currently -1) with Wilson on bench :D

Great week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

:D I have Jonas Gray sitting on my bench having started Ben Tate in one league :D

Also started Brady (currently -1) with Wilson on bench :D

Great week :D

I scored 53 so far this week and have Gray on my bench. He'll have outscored my starting team soon :-P still have Steelers kicker tomorrow and luckily only need 6 points to win. If I loose I'll not half be raging :-P

Who to start at RB2, Jonas Gray against tough Detroit run D or Trent Richardson against Jacksonville?

Then, Andrew Hawkins or the loser of the Gray/Richardson decision for a flex spot?

:confused:

• Advertisement

Who to start at RB2, Jonas Gray against tough Detroit run D or Trent Richardson against Jacksonville?

Then, Andrew Hawkins or the loser of the Gray/Richardson decision for a flex spot?

Tough one. Gray was good last week but where was he before that? Blount also could cause trouble in the backfield. And Detroit is arguably the best run d in the league.

But then Trent isn't great at all. I would leave Gray on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Richardson will definitely have more carries today with Bradshaw out, and as said above I think Gray's role will be diminished with Blount being welcomed back to the fold with open arms.

The Lions are only giving up around 70yds per game on the ground and only 4 TDs so far this season, Whereas the Jags are giving up 125yds per game and 8 TDs.

Andrew Luck will be tearing the Jags defense apart with TY and others, so expect room for Trent to run despite the fact that hes not playing well. As for the second part, I'd go with Hawkins in the Flex. I just cant see Jonas Grey doing anything at all today against that Lions DEF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Tough one. Gray was good last week but where was he before that? Blount also could cause trouble in the backfield. And Detroit is arguably the best run d in the league.

But then Trent isn't great at all. I would leave Gray on the bench.

I would have agreed. I have Gray in 4 league 1 of which I had to put him in.

Add these together and it makes sense to leave him on the bench:

Lion Run D + Blount + Being Sent home from Practice = Limited carries.

I think we got that call right ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anyone know why the Broncos DEF is consistently ranked so highly by sites like ESPN etc? I've been meaning to pick up a different one but I always look at them in 3rd or 4th in the rankings and say I'll leave them in. They never score more than about 6 points, and last night managed a whopping -1. Are the lads doing the weekly rankings actually watching at all? I know I should be going with my own instincts on these things and not going by the rankings, but the truth is I'm a coward. Anyway if anyone in Div 6 wants the Broncos in a trade, they're, uh, really highly ranked...

• Advertisement

Just as a side note , is it because it's a 16 team league that the waiver moves so slow? I was at W3 for a few weeks only gone to W2 now, but sure there's no one to pick up really.

how does it work post season?

I need help, I'm on a losing streak and in danger of missing play offs. I have Golden Tate and Megatron, Jeremy Hill and Bernard, each week i pick the wrong one and putting both in is too risky, do i leave both RBs out and do i seriously considered dropping megatron?

You really can't drop Megatron. He is liable to have a huge game anytime. Look how many times Stafford targets him, it is ridiculous.

I would probably go with Hill and Megatron. Hill has been very good and the Bengals have gone extremely run heavy. If you played Bernard then you might get lucky and he has a massive play. If I was you I would have traded Tate or Megatron.

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just as a side note , is it because it's a 16 team league that the waiver moves so slow? I was at W3 for a few weeks only gone to W2 now, but sure there's no one to pick up really.
    Unless those above you pick, you won't move ahead of them
    how does it work post season?
    It doesn't. We start fresh every year for draft order etc

Dodge wrote: »
    Unless those above you pick, you won't move ahead of them

It doesn't. We start fresh every year for draft order etc

Cool, yeah i think its just slow to move as there really isnt that much activity as there isn't a whole lot left.

You really can't drop Megatron. He is liable to have a huge game anytime. Look how many times Stafford targets him, it is ridiculous.

I would probably go with Hill and Megatron. Hill has been very good and the Bengals have gone extremely run heavy. If you played Bernard then you might get lucky and he has a massive play. If I was you I would have traded Tate or Megatron.

Would you start both Hill and Bernard if you're alternatives are Mckinnon, Alfred Blue or possibly Sammy Watkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aferru

Super clash for the the playoff in ww13.

Two questions: stick with Kaepernick vs SEA or going mad and pick up Mettenberger @ HOU
    and
    Crowell @ BUF or McKinnon vs CAR???

Have waivers always been processed on Thursdays? If so, is there anything to be said for moving this to Wednesdays for next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,952 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Thursday is fine. It gives players a chance to see how practice is going if they are in a position where they want to grab a handcuff off the waiver wire.

I don't like the Wednesday morning ones that we have in a few leagues.

Another thing was mentioned there about changing the waiver wire to worst gets first and I like that idea. It keeps things competitive all season.

I'd agree with the worst gets first stipulation too. I think we should have a vote on that in the offseason, or even now while we're guaranteed activity and have it in place for next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement