Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I was down in Cork when they attempted the World Record for most people in body paint. Great fun!

But yes, the one photograph I got from that afternoon did seem to disturb the lads a bit... :pac:

I've never seen this photograph Sir! :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Snipe wrote: »

It's on my phone. I'll give you a look at it some time in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The Snipe wrote: »

It's on my phone. I'll give you a look at it some time in town.

You may as well start pm'ing us now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Can we have a " seething rant " thread set up in here as well .... I really need to vent and it's not really a topic suitable for anywhere else !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

jonski wrote: »
    Can we have a " seething rant " thread set up in here as well .... I really need to vent and it's not really a topic suitable for anywhere else !

There is a ranting and raving forum for venting.

Otherwise have at it and it might turn out to be a topic others want to grab the pitchforks for.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As Kess says, post it here if it's related to Limerick/the Midwest. :)

If not, then PM one of the R&R mods for access to their wonderful forum. Take your pick from: dr.bollocko, Fluorescence, Grand_Rajnah, Handsome Bob, keefg

As Kess says, post it here if it's related to Limerick/the Midwest. :)

If not, then PM one of the R&R mods for access to their wonderful forum. Take your pick from: dr.bollocko, Fluorescence, Grand_Rajnah, Handsome Bob, keefg

Handsome Bob for the win. Second most handsome man on Boards since he changed his username.:D

And a bloody nice poster to boot.

All right then , it's going to be like that is it ? well let me just tell ye that....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

All right then , it's going to be like that is it ? well let me just tell ye that....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Let it out.

Is it about double parking? I might join you if it is. :)

So , about 6 weeks ago there was two black bags of clothes for the recycling in the front room that my wife kept gently reminding me of . In our house , clothes for recycling are only clothes that are still in wearable condition and are washed , dried , ironed , folded and then tied up in a black bag . I put these two bags into my car and went up to the clothes recycling bin in the Texaco filling station in Roxboro but there was no bin there anymore . So , I drove around the corner and into Tescos Roxboro to deposite them there . That bin was full so I thought they can't be far off collecting it so I left the bags down beside the bin , sat into my car and went away home .

THIS MORNING I GET A FINE FOR €150 .

Now I understand that you can't be leaving rubbish around because animals or even the weather can leave it ending up all over the place but these were clothes , tied up in black bags and left in at the side of the recycling bin . I presume it was cctv that got my number plate but I am thinking it would probably have been put to better use if they looked at it and saw that the bin was full and sent someone to empty it , and also in this cctv they must also have seen me try to actually fit the bags into the bin but not be able .

I am no angel ,( and I am now looking in my web cam so ye can see me with holding my hands up ) .....( I know ye can't actually see me and tbh I don't even have a webcam but I digress ) ......... but as an example of my recycling prowess , I yesterday took two bags of clear bottles to the same bank but it was full and knowing that you can't leave the bottles lying around I put them back into my car and drove out to the cresent to deposite them there . I'm a good recycler I am , they nearly know me by name out in Mungret Recycling Center .

€150 ! where in the name of god am I goiing to get ONEHUNDREDANDFIFTYEURO . I haven't €150

Deep inhale annnnnnnnnnnd exhale , repeat as required .

• Advertisement

I reckon you should have put that in After Hours as there would have been a feeding frenzy. :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Let it out.

Is it about double parking? I might join you if it is. :)

I don't double park and tbh I find people that do iritating , why do they think there is a seperate law for them ? why are they so important that there is a seperate law for them ?

When did we stop randomly shooting people ? , and why ?

obviously I don't condone ramdomly shooting people and yes my teenage children say I am becoming too right wing .

maybe thats my problem right there , teenage children .

I reckon you should have put that in After Hours as there would have been a feeding frenzy. :D

I thought about that and then said the trolls in there would only make the top of my head explode .

I thought about that and then said the trolls in there would only make the top of my head explode .

Only put it in After Hours if you are prepared to walk away from it after dropping it. :D

I don't double park and tbh I find people that do iritating , why do they think there is a seperate law for them ? why are they so important that there is a seperate law for them ?

When did we stop randomly shooting people ? , and why ?

obviously I don't condone ramdomly shooting people and yes my teenage children say I am becoming too right wing .

maybe thats my problem right there , teenage children .

Doubling parking really grinds my gears especially on Catherine street. There was a big jeep with a trailer doubled parked there this morning and it blocked the outgoing lane completely. The driver was nowhere to be found and not only did a Garda car drive by without doing anything, a bloody traffic warden strolled by and somehow missed the larged jeep and trailer that was illegally parked and blocking traffic.:mad:

Just yesterday Batman went for a walk
    under the cover of cowl and night
    did he stay from many men's sight
    giggling jesters know not to sigh
    even when greater men would die

Do try to run and hide
    rush away to save your skin
    ever keen to scrape a win
    do not think to stay away
    dull minds never really stray

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Why am I getting ads on threads I am viewing?

Is anyone else seeing ads just below the first post on a page?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Doubling parking really grinds my gears especially on Catherine street. There was a big jeep with a trailer doubled parked there this morning and it blocked the outgoing lane completely. The driver was nowhere to be found and not only did a Garda car drive by without doing anything, a bloody traffic warden strolled by and somehow missed the larged jeep and trailer that was illegally parked and blocking traffic.:mad:

Don't mention private cars parking in loading bays, its an absolute joke. The wardens don't seem to want to enforce the parking laws at all..

L.T.P. wrote: »
    Don't mention private cars parking in loading bays, its an absolute joke. The wardens don't seem to want to enforce the parking laws at all..

Or commercial drivers who try to claim that some parking spots are loading bays when there is clear signage that private vehicles can park there.

Saw a delivery out of town today where the truck decided to park across a bike lane and part of the car lane before proceeding to unload it's cargo and bring it across a partially empty forecourt to where they delivery was going.

Announcement made last night: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056759223

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

I posted about it in the "Boards Touch" site thread in the Site Dev forum, I'd seen them appearing in between thread posts but mainly in between threads on the main pages. I was told by Danny it's completely random but if you wanted rid of them you'd have to subscribe to boards for the €50 or €5 a month. I think I'll just put up with the adverts as I have no intention of paying to read anyone's opinions! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I was told by Danny it's completely random but if you wanted rid of them you'd have to subscribe to boards for the €50 or €5 a month. I think I'll just put up with the adverts as I have no intention of paying to read anyone's opinions! :D

+ 1

And now some music.

And now some music.

^^ Class! :D

Almost ironic really as I was just listening to this girl audition on X-Factor (No wait, wait, she's good! :pac:) with a song of almost the same name by Pink, one of my favorite songs by Pink actually (Yes, I have very diverse musical tastes! :p). Anyway, without any further ado- Jessica Espinoza (Skip to 2:20 to avoid the crappy heart string tugging stuff):

I think I'm in lurve! :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Man, I drove past the old bakery at the top of william street where a bookies is now. Drove there tonight, there were 3 hookers dressed like out and out hookers. I couldn't believe it. So I went to run my errand at Ballysimon and decided to drive back to check if they were still there (Assuring me they were really hookers) and they were there. This time I came from wickham street side. Got stuck at the red light and all 3 were eyeballing me. Can't believe how out and out they are, surely the guards know this too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Man, I drove past the old bakery at the top of william street where a bookies is now. Drove there tonight, there were 3 hookers dressed like out and out hookers. I couldn't believe it. So I went to run my errand at Ballysimon and decided to drive back to check if they were still there (Assuring me they were really hookers) and they were there. This time I came from wickham street side. Got stuck at the red light and all 3 were eyeballing me. Can't believe how out and out they are, surely the guards know this too!!

:pac:

LOL, happened to me one evening walking home from a friend's place on William Street, I went down Catherine Street and three girls approached me, the taller one in the middle asked me had I any money, I didn't have anything signifigant on me so I felt bad for them and had to say "I'm sorry girls, I don't"...

I got about fifty yards down the road before I realised "Ehh, they were the hookers that everybody does be talking about... right?" :o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Was stuck in the a&e at the regional yesterday. I haven't been in years it wasn't as woeful as I had been led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Or commercial drivers who try to claim that some parking spots are loading bays when there is clear signage that private vehicles can park there.

Saw a delivery out of town today where the truck decided to park across a bike lane and part of the car lane before proceeding to unload it's cargo and bring it across a partially empty forecourt to where they delivery was going.

As in asking private drivers to move so they can park there instead?

Truck situation sounds like a right joke, too lazy to go into the forecourt..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Same here and the links for the thread/forum are missing from the bottom of the page!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement