Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Main story completed, Aeons obtained, progress made on Celestial Weapons and Fiend Catching but christ I completely underestimated how much grinding is involved in maxing out the sphere grid in order to fight the dark aeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Main story completed, Aeons obtained, progress made on Celestial Weapons and Fiend Catching but christ I completely underestimated how much grinding is involved in maxing out the sphere grid in order to fight the dark aeons.
    You can slightly cheat and use Yojimbo for some of them :)

Gonna pick this up after work. Anyone know if your original save from FFX will work on this? I put A LOT of time into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

No you won't be able to use it. As regards dark aeons, between anima and the magus sisters you can 2 shot almost all of them as long as you bring Yuna down Aurons sphere grid. It took me maybe an hour or two of grinding in omega ruins with Yuna equipped with Nirvana to make her a beast.

I haven't even attempted the damn lightning strikes or 0.0.0 chocobo time yet. Everyone else's weapons are sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I've done the butterfly catching and the chocobo race as well as the damned cactuars, which is just long and boring if nothing else.. Finished the main story yesterday before I got way too over leveled.. Which I sort of was anyway. Will take a few days off before I go for the platinum :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Did the Lightning and Chocobo race, I wanted to get Lulu's early becaseu I'm fed up with her being left out for arena and dark aeons.

For the time being she's rocking Doublecast Ultima, and I'm curious to see how high her magic stat can get before needing to get magic spheres.

Everyone sorted now weapon wise except Wakka, (but that's blitz ball, and will frankly be a pleasure, I've really left it last to treat myself after the lightning and the Chocobo).

Rikku took off like a demon end game, so I gave her a nice piece of Armor, HP limit break and Auto haste. I won't make inroads into more armor until I see what the dark Aeons drop. but Capturing monsters in Omega ruins is so easy with a lulu spamming Magic boosted, Double cast, no damage limit break demis and a rikku with auto haste who is spamming 9999's 6 times for every one turn the enemy gets.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Stop talking about FFX please. You are making me want to play it once I finish P3P! I'll probably give it a good go this time and try to do most of the post game stuff.

One thing I did hate was getting the ultimate weapons. Nearly all of them required doing ridiculous tasks that were mini games and seperate from the main game mechanics. I'd rather be rewarded for my mastery of the game mechanics rather than getting frustrated with my chocobo riding abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I never understood why people liked Blitzball. It's so tedious. Give me Triple Triad any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Not sure. I quite enjoy it while I played it :P it is very easy to win and the fun part is stealing these skills for your (****ty and underleveled) players during the game while in the end you need to make sure you win the game with all these ridiculous power shots from tidus/wakka.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    One thing I did hate was getting the ultimate weapons. Nearly all of them required doing ridiculous tasks that were mini games and seperate from the main game mechanics. I'd rather be rewarded for my mastery of the game mechanics rather than getting frustrated with my chocobo riding abilities.

Oh God, if you were a fly on the wall, two days ago in my living room. I was basically saying that, except loudly and to my disinterested little sister (who was doing her own thing with a laptop at the time)
    The chocobo racing is the most unfair, stupid, cruel task. It's literally THE game to show people when you want to show them the difference between "difficult" and "unfair"
    If the balloons don't line up right at the start it's impossible to get 0:00. Depending on where the trainer is the birds can be unavoidable.
    The birds aiming for him, can hit you too.
    The birds can be unavoidable anyways.
    The chocobo is impossible to control.
    The "edge" of the race course is not laid out and the chocobo just suicide turns into the birds whenever you're near the edge.

Then
    my lightening attempts went something like;
    (gave up for a moment)
    Gave up for a moment

then because I was counting on sets of 20, I though got to 200, but mis counted by -20
    3 strikes into my "insurance 20" I failed so:
    Then finally 224. (ber b,b,berr, berr berr br b,berrr)

And yes none of these games are a test of your "FFX" abilities.

Also, Got the Magus Sisters, and fought yer one's Magus sisters.

They're ****ing ****, Anima wiped then out with regular attacks, Overkill, overkill, overkill.
    Why couldn't they make the only celestial sigil you obtain by battling be a genuine challenge, instead of something that pathetically easy!?

They have en entire system for powering up summons and almost no excuse to ever use it, by the time you get to the business end of the Aeon development system, you've already made in roads to making your team better then your Aeons. you think they could've made the aeon duels at least half as tough as an arena battle.

• Advertisement

Lads I went feckin' mental just trying to do the butterfly one and moved on to X-2. It's waaaaaay weirder than I remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Brother in FFX-2 is a borderline sex offender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Still remember playing the game for the first time. Turned on and the concert scene came on. Turned the telly down low and hoped nobody would walk in to see what the **** I was playing.

On the whole I enjoyed FFX-2 though.

Only thing i hated was how they ****ed up Blitzball. Couldn't get my head round it, probably because I didn't give it much of a chance.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Brother in FFX-2 is a borderline sex offender.
    He is the only thing massively freaking me out. I'm actually worried people will see me playing it when he is on screen. Most of it I can put down to J-Pop and so on, but in the first hour of the game he acts like the rapiest mother****er I've come across in a game in ages. 12 year old me must have COMPLETELY glossed over all this.

I had to look it up on the Final Fantasy wikia to make sure they were definitely cousins.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Brother
    "In keeping with the traditional Japanese perception of cousins, Brother's crush on Yuna is not halted by his blood relation to her."

Jeeeeesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Yeah, I'm not playing X-2 again.

"In keeping with the traditional Japanese perception of cousins, Brother's crush on Yuna is not halted by his blood relation to her."

umpire-hill-billy-399x300.jpg

I did the traditional "run straight through and see the ending" before reloading and doing all the extra crap in FFX,

but when I did see the ending my mum (who was vicariously following the storyline as my PS3 is now at home) said it was great, and very sad.

I switched on Eternal calm later that evening, and then FFX-2, and the contrast when you go back to back: it's just so off-putting.

The only serious moment in the game is when yer man in Besaid says "stop that at once" to the guy doing the blessing, and Yuna is all "take it back" 'n' ****,

Was capturing the last few monsters in Omega, Auto haste 100+ strenght Rikku was my main capturer, and lulu and yuna were spamming Doublecast demis on some Overdrive>AP weapons.

after an hour or so I was strolling back to the save point and I encountered a spirit and two armor guys.

I normally just "mug", "mug" the Spirit with Rikku and that's that, but for whatever reason (maybe rikku was out of MP) I decided to steal, then use the girls demi, then attack.

I found out there and then for the first time ever, that Spirits in Omega Dungeon counter magic attacks with confuse/poison all, Rikku became confused and swiftly murdered the party in three consecutive swipes...

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I was fighting Yunalesca there and Auron was the only one left alive after a mega-death and she only had 2k health left. So i threw a phoenix down only I accidentally tabbed to Auron and killed him stone dead >.<

I was fighting Yunalesca there and Auron was the only one left alive after a mega-death and she only had 2k health left. So i threw a phoenix down only I accidentally tabbed to Auron and killed him stone dead >.<
    Priceless.

I;ve also, when fighting dark Aeons and Arena monsters clicked summon instead of "Grand summon"

Just watch Anima/The Magus Sisters get destroyed by something 2~500,000 HP away from death.

• Advertisement

Discovered a 'glitch' or at the very least a 'programming oversight' the last day that caused me to need to reset my game.

I was fighting "tanket" in the arena and I summoned Anima.
    little did i know that:
    Its special Rush Attack will inflict [delay], but also cause Tanket's Agility to increase, meaning it will receive more turns. If only one party member is left standing on the battlefield, this will result in Tanket continually attacking until that character is down, making Aeons inadvisable.

My Anima had high defence, as well as protect and Regen cast.
    When the Tanket began 'Rush Attack' he began continuously attacking Anima who was recovering as much HP per hit as he was losing.

And then it just carried on like that in a loop indefinitely, Anima was at Max HP, with protect and regen. The attacks were doing about 400 and the Regen was healing about 450 and Anima had about 18000 HP.
    I had to reset.
    Or I could have waited for Regen to run out, and then for the tanket to very slowly finish the job, but that probably would've taken 15~30 minutes.

Sure I think ff4 had the bug where you could infinitely bounce spells of reflected enemies and player characters :)

Has anyone any tips for getting a zero time in the Chocobo race. I can never seem to hit the first few balloons before the turn

Has anyone any tips for getting a zero time in the Chocobo race. I can never seem to hit the first few balloons before the turn

that's just the luck of the draw, my "tip" is if you don't get 4 balloons at the beginning, then just use that run as a trial for dodging birds.
    Either the first or the second balloon needs to be on the right hand side for your chocobo to have a chance, and when you get one you'll be ahead of the trainer who'll have jutted in behind you trying to get the balloon you just got.

If the first one is to your left don't bother run for them, the trainer will get it first and you'll be behind him. just Bee-line straight for the first balloon on your side of the track.

Finished X-2 there. Muted any scene Brother was in and ended up enjoying it.

Last-Mission and that 25min audio are absolute dirt though.

that's just the luck of the draw, my "tip" is if you don't get 4 balloons at the beginning, then just use that run as a trial for dodging birds.
    Either the first or the second balloon needs to be on the right hand side for your chocobo to have a chance, and when you get one you'll be ahead of the trainer who'll have jutted in behind you trying to get the balloon you just got.

If the first one is to your left don't bother run for them, the trainer will get it first and you'll be behind him. just Bee-line straight for the first balloon on your side of the track.

Would you believe I said I would give it one last shot for the day after reading your reply and I ended up getting it. Ty so much. Onward now to the temple to attempt the race trophy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Beat those pesky Goers with a rather fitting Wakka goal with only ten seconds to go after they had just equilised. It was rather satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Hotman

i can honestly say it is the most overhyped and rubbish game i've ever played. the characters were annoying, the main guy with his stupid clothes was just ridiculous, his "samoan" friend with the mohawk was just retarded. the physics defying sport was just completetly lame and literally is what deterred me from ever wanting to play it after i'd finished it. The only "ok" character in it is Yuna. but then the pop concert with her dancing sealed the deal for me. the most childish, terribly acted over hyped game of all time.

FF8 BLOWS it out of the water both story wise, graphics wise, battle system wise, Cutscenes wise... like the intro to that game sends chills down my spine to this day.
    FF9 is just the most beautifully grafter world and art style i've ever seen, with some truely freightening enemies (waltz's for instance).
    FF7 Just biblical in it's scale, details, depth, story, characters, beautifully crafted world, amazing enemy encounters (Weapon 1 2 and 3. Like the scene on the world map where you're fying around and weapon is walking across the ocean to destroy midgar. and the beautiful cinematography of the now doomed leader looking out the window on the top of his city while classic music plays as he watches in slow motion his death coming for him.
    The death of Aires etc. Sephiroth, on of the most amazing elusive cillains of all time.

And then 10.... a childish pretty boy who looks like Meg Ryan from the 80's with Timmy mallets bermuda shorts on him (if you get both of those references you'll laugh lol) who's voice acted by someone who being told through his head set 1 word at a time. So it sounds like almost every word is in a different context to the last. All the samoans running around trying to some stupid game while the world is gettin wrecked. And then Yuna wanting to be the next vanessa paradise.

And the worst SIN of all (pun intended). Jecht.. Who are the character designeds of these god damn characters? he's arm is hidden because it's either gone, broke or useless. But he's able to use it just fine.
    His STUPID top half of his costume, his completely stupid writing and then his voice actor, i hope he never gets another job.

Now im not an idiot, i know all RPG's have some very childish and whimsical parts and themes etc. But FF10 was just a step back... actually it was 7 steps back, with 1 step forward (the 3d engine). the environments lost all of their detail (like in midgar even though it was faint detail, i'd always think about the scale of the place and what it'd be like to live there. and replaced all that is supposed to be left to the imagination in blank, boring, rince and repeat areas that you can't get attached to as you never stay in one place. Look at the Lindblum castle / airship port in FF9.. then look at the start zone in FF10, or the samoan village you spend ages in?

thats my rant. But how 10's of millions of people sat through this gruelingly boring, blank game with nothing but eastern culture for weird clothes etc in it just beggers my belief. And the combat system was just the worst of all.
    Literally 10 and 13 just took the biscuit. Orbs and moving around the stupid map linking up sh*t etc. RPG fans want a page where they can directly compare their stats to one another in their group etc. where they can easily see a list of their weapons and compare them etc.

Not this "futuristic" rubbish. Thrown together game because they have to keep evolving. My keep breaking something that doesn't need fixing since FF1? from FF1 to FF9 the few changes were ok. But after that...
    Be honest... if noone told you that FF10 for a final fantasy game, and say the box said "Star Ocean 4". it would have sold maybe 60k copies world wide. Noone would be talkign about it, there'd be no HD remake etc. JUST because it has final fantasy written on the box, it's a gold standard award winner. When i cant find a SINGLE thing in the game that reminds me in the SLIGHTEST bit of any of the previous FF's....

i ask to you good RPG lovers, do you see anything similar in 10 to 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4? It's just a tech demo for the PS3 made by japanese guys who walk around long pink hair and bouncing up and down on those arcane dance beat games in the arcades over there.

Cheers for listening guys. Im bitter because im shocked at how well received this blasphemy of a game was. It ruined everything i loved about my number one series of all time.

oot

Hotman wrote: »
    FF8 BLOWS it out of the water both story wise, graphics wise, battle system wise, Cutscenes wise...

8aT48a.gif

• Advertisement

The new audio they recorded is set after a Final Fantasy X/X-2 novella. I wanted to find a summary seeing as none of this is explained in the new audio.

4yLgXf.jpg

Advertisement