Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well after what I thought was a brill week! exercised at least 5 days out of the week if not 6 and but I felt it! kept to my PP points and ended the week with some weeklies left, I was up 1.5 was a little surprised to say the least! using the wii fit a lot and it showed a great loss Wednesday morning so I was expecting to be down something, not up!
    My hubby was sure it was because we had a late dinner, so with his thinking I should have been down this morning nope up again :cool: and I had a good day yesterday tracked and more exercise!

so very confused but will keep going regardless, hope it sorts it self out quickly though!

Awh Baby75, I'm sorry that you were up after all your exercising etc. I'm only in my second week, so am not in a great position for advice, but I hope that it's reflected in your next weeks weigh in. Best of luck for the week ahead :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well after what I thought was a brill week! exercised at least 5 days out of the week if not 6 and but I felt it! kept to my PP points and ended the week with some weeklies left, I was up 1.5 was a little surprised to say the least! using the wii fit a lot and it showed a great loss Wednesday morning so I was expecting to be down something, not up!
    My hubby was sure it was because we had a late dinner, so with his thinking I should have been down this morning nope up again :cool: and I had a good day yesterday tracked and more exercise!

so very confused but will keep going regardless, hope it sorts it self out quickly though!

At least you have the right mindset to keep going. Our bodies work in mysterious ways and will only lose the weight when they want to, well that is what I have discovered. Sometimes you can be really good and not the see the results or really bold and STS. It could be bloating or retained water especially if you are close to getting your period. Also, good effort in exercise sometimes doesn't show til the following week. Well done for having such a good attitude and I am sure you will see a loss next week if you keep up the good work. Make sure you are drinking enough water when you are exercising.

I would recommend to anyone who has odd numbers on the scales every now and again (like a gain or STS when they have been really good) to buy the Salter Body Fat Analyser Scales. It measures your water, body fat and weight so if one week you are up and there is no explanation, you can check on that scales and you might see that your water is up but your body fat % is down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Awh Baby75, I'm sorry that you were up after all your exercising etc. I'm only in my second week, so am not in a great position for advice, but I hope that it's reflected in your next weeks weigh in. Best of luck for the week ahead :o
    Thanks, I know this sometimes happens so will stick with it and see what happens, the good eating and exercise has to be good regardless I feel better and healthier :)
    Monife wrote: »
    At least you have the right mindset to keep going. Our bodies work in mysterious ways and will only lose the weight when they want to, well that is what I have discovered. Sometimes you can be really good and not the see the results or really bold and STS. It could be bloating or retained water especially if you are close to getting your period. Also, good effort in exercise sometimes doesn't show til the following week. Well done for having such a good attitude and I am sure you will see a loss next week if you keep up the good work. Make sure you are drinking enough water when you are exercising.

I would recommend to anyone who has odd numbers on the scales every now and again (like a gain or STS when they have been really good) to buy the Salter Body Fat Analyser Scales. It measures your water, body fat and weight so if one week you are up and there is no explanation, you can check on that scales and you might see that your water is up but your body fat % is down :)
    Thanks Monife:)
    Going to be extra good with water and keep it up, it could be to do with my cycles, I am feeding my baby and they are not regular yet so by my old cycle I'm very late so may be one trying to start! could be it may be!

Going to have a look for one of those scales, are they in Argos etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Don't worry, just keep tracking and working out and it will show for you soon. Your body may just take a week to catch up!

Anyone got any ideas on how you would point this dinner - going out for dinner and have prechosen what im getting

starter:
    Peppered Cured Tuna Carpaccio
    roasted peppers and a walnut & shallot dressing

main:
    Pan Seared Sea Bass
    baby potatoes & scallions (will ask for any sauce on the side for this and if they put butter on veg ask for it without)

dessert:
    Strawberry and Basil
    strawberry soup, basil jelly, basil foam & basil sorbet

All reviews for the restaurant say the portion sizes are VERY small (only negative in most reviews) so prob wont be large pieces of fish at all.

Have 18pp left for the day and all of my 49 weeklies - wouldnt mind some wine tonight too so just wanna figure out how much I can actually have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

ali85 wrote: »
    I was the same as you. I knew I did well ok with the food and kinda panicked when it came to the exercise. I moved a little bit more but it wasn't until maybe Monday when I actually went for a decent walk.

You should try tracking. I did that this week. I never used to. Well I would start it and maybe last 2 days then just wing it, but going on what all the people on here said I stuck to it this week. It works. If for nothing else it kinda embarrassed me when I actually saw how much I was eating.

I bet you will do great.... just remember that the fact that you are making changes shows you are moving in the right direction.... (Something my leader said last night.... really stuck in me head!)

Speaking of tracking, I've started using that iWatcher iPhone app. It's good so far. Anyone else using it? How you finding it?

I am using iwatcer since October the log is unreal and I use the calculator in the supermarkets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I've only used 22PP today, so have 7PP to spare, anybody got any suggestions for a nice treat?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

You've a great knowledge on all this stuff Kay! I'm sure I'll be picking your brain over the weeks :D

LOL well at it almost a year now so you pick up some tips along the way! Monife & Eabhabear are a fountain of knowledge as well as are some of the other girls who don't post much anymore Lady Lainey, M'lady, Caros, shoelover, Fofany etc :D

We're all here to help and support each other so ask away! ;)

Aww Baby75 that's so annoying when that happens but as Monife & Baileypants have said at least you have the right attitude and it will likely show next week!

A similar thing happened me I had my WI last Sat and was up 3/4's of a Lb to say I was pissed off is an understatement but I realised it was probably the xmas drinking and excess food catching up with me as well as NYE & NY day so I reckon my body was a week behind. I'm hoping that all the exercise I did last week will catch up tomorrow and I've had what I feel is a pretty good week this week - so it has to show at some point!

Keep up the good work missus you seem to be exercising loads with your wii so it will definitely show soon :) don't lose faith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Monife wrote: »
    Also, good effort in exercise sometimes doesn't show til the following week.

Baby75 as Monife said it may not show until the following week and this has always been my case. I think you put your heart and soul into it and when you don't get the right results it can have such a bad effect, before i would have thought sod that and eat everthing in sight but i know better now. You have a great attitude so keep it going.

Off the smokes since the New Year, so have to be extra good with my eating habits. I seem to have the food under control just don't want to go back to my old ways.

Great losses this week, keep at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Hard luck Baby75 but my leader always says this - you could weigh in the next morning and those 1.5 pounds would be gone. If you have put in the work, and it seems like you have, it will show eventually. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hey guys

Thank you do much for all the messages of support and advice. (not sure how to quote more than one message) I have already started to cut down on treats but the first few weeks will be hard as I'm used to consuming a lot of sugar eek!! I will also start cooking more.. I might even try a low fat curry tomorrow.

Good news....

I have lost 6.5 lbs in my first week.. So I am really delighted and the exercise and discipline with points has definitely paid off.

I have just downloaded iWatcher and it seems really easy to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I've a really crappy 2 days. Done nothing but eat all d wrong foods! Feeling a bit demoralised :o going to do the Operation Transformation walk tomorrow so gonna try get back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

ShindyB wrote: »
    I've a really crappy 2 days. Done nothing but eat all d wrong foods! Feeling a bit demoralised :o going to do the Operation Transformation walk tomorrow so gonna try get back on track!

The one thing I've learned is that you can have a couple of bad days, and then get back to it. The trick is not to give up....

1.5 lbs down in the past week. I'm a bit disappointed being honest. I've been good, but I suppose in fairness I had two big nights (food and drink) last Friday and Saturday.....
    Still though - onwards and downwards!! :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The one thing I've learned is that you can have a couple of bad days, and then get back to it. The trick is not to give up....

1.5 lbs down in the past week. I'm a bit disappointed being honest. I've been good, but I suppose in fairness I had two big nights (food and drink) last Friday and Saturday.....
    Still though - onwards and downwards!! :D;)

I've learned not to be dissappointed with losses!! Ask yourself how you would feel if you were 1.5 up or even just .5 up. All the little losses will add up xx

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I hear ya shindyb! I had my weigh in on Wednesday evening, was really good yesterday.... today.... disaster!

Had a manic day.... didn't get to eat anything at all because my mam is in hospital between visiting her, sorting out school, doing the shopping etc...I felt hungry at about 3 but then the hunger went off me.

I managed to have something at about 7.30.

Tesco Light Choices lasagne (11pts) Red Cabbage Coleslaw (2pts) but I had some of my sisters DEEP FRIED curley fries... it said 100g were 7pts but god only knows....

I didn't even get any kind of walk in... hoping tomorrow will be better....

Just feel totally demotivated today...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Does anyone know anything about those airfryers? The ones that use very little to no oil and gives the same results as deep frying? Sounds too good to be true to me, but I'm always interested in new kitchen gadgets. My oven is rubbish and making homemade oven chips is pretty much out of the question til my landlord decides to replace it!
    expensive but good,the green bag of chips(from aldi) comes out yummy!!!! they take about 30 mins but no smelly oil,or washing up,a wipe with kitchen towel and the occasional wash does the job.don't add any oil at all for them. ive done homemade chips too,grand. a recipe book came with it,i need to try some,they look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MissMuffin

Hi all, firstly congrats to all who have lost and are still losing weight! Definitely encourages me to stick with it. I joined ww on Wednesday and feeling like a bit of a disaster already... out last night and had a cheeseburger :( Anyone any idea what points that might be? Feeling really disappointed with myself. I think my biggest struggle will be nights out, I'm student so they are a prominent feature. (Not easy in a group of girls who just do not put on weight!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Up early this morning, and did a 45 minute cycle....The exercise really gives you loads of energy...Energy to go and cook, to be more active, and to stick with the diet....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

I'm kinda using the 'Thank' as you would a facebook 'like'. Do you guys do that too haha?!

Can't figure out how to do 'thank' and there are so many great post that i find a god send

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Really nice treat guys,

Angel delight no added sugar - quarter the pack for 1pp

I chopped a few strawberrys, divided the mixture between four wine/champagne glasses, let it set, put a sprinkle of granola on top and grated one square of chocloate

Think about 3pp for decent enough dessert! Enjoy

Thanks for the encouragement! Got out this morning and did the Operation Transformation walk and then took my dogs for another walk so did about 8.5 km in total at a brisk pace! Cooking the bacon and spinach pasta bake from the WW magazine at the mo (well my boyfriend's cooking it!!). Hopefully it will be nice - getting sick of the same ole dinners all the time.
    Could anyone tell me what cottage cheese is like? Hope everyone's getting on ok today! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

ali85 you seem to have a lot going on at the mo, so don't beat yourself up about it, today is a new day. It's hard to stick to things religiously when your coming and going but stick at it, you'll be glad you did.

Chin up ali! I was miserable the last 2 days, bit better today! Don't be so hard on yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Can't figure out how to do 'thank' and there are so many great post that i find a god send

Hi Purdy

When you are logged in and reading posts , if you look at the bottom right corner of post, you will see a thumb up icon, just click on that and that is your 'thanks'

I hear ya shindyb! I had my weigh in on Wednesday evening, was really good yesterday.... today.... disaster!

Had a manic day.... didn't get to eat anything at all because my mam is in hospital between visiting her, sorting out school, doing the shopping etc...I felt hungry at about 3 but then the hunger went off me.

I managed to have something at about 7.30.

Tesco Light Choices lasagne (11pts) Red Cabbage Coleslaw (2pts) but I had some of my sisters DEEP FRIED curley fries... it said 100g were 7pts but god only knows....

I didn't even get any kind of walk in... hoping tomorrow will be better....

Hi Ali85

Sorry to hear your mam is in hospital, hope she is okay, i know it must be hard to be organised and sit down to eat if you are rushing about or stressed, but you should try. Even if you had some fruit or yogurts in your fridge , it wouldnt take long to have a banana or a yogurt or if you got some of these belvita breakfast biscuits, they are quick and you could grab with a cuppa and are very filling, i have the yogurt crunch ones and they are great, very filling and are bout 6 pro points.

• Advertisement

MissMuffin wrote: »
    Hi all, firstly congrats to all who have lost and are still losing weight! Definitely encourages me to stick with it. I joined ww on Wednesday and feeling like a bit of a disaster already... out last night and had a cheeseburger :( Anyone any idea what points that might be? Feeling really disappointed with myself. I think my biggest struggle will be nights out, I'm student so they are a prominent feature. (Not easy in a group of girls who just do not put on weight!!)

Hi MissMuffin - Dont worry to much, apart from your daily points you have 49 weeklys to use whenever you want plus if you do any sort of exercise you can earn activity points aswell.
    Points wise i would guess your burger would be roughly 8, maybe 2 for the cheese, not sure what the points would be for the bun - im guessing between 5-8 and then you have to count any sauces/mayo ect you put on it.
    Dont let it get you down just get back on the wagon and put it behind you. you have 4 days before you Weight In to get back on track :)

thanks folks... mammy is fine... shall be getting out on monday....

Everything is getting back to normal...

Had a much better day today...

Had a nice 7 pt breakfast, then a good walk/jog in the park for an hour.(earning 6pts) Gorgeous spiced roasted butternut squash and carrot soup... (no points) then instead of the usual chicken chicken chicken..... I cooked some haddock with cous cous and veg which i pointed at 5pts.... topped off with a glass of WW wine for 2 points.... I'm sitting on 12 points for the day....

thanks folks... mammy is fine... shall be getting out on monday....

Everything is getting back to normal...

Had a much better day today...

Had a nice 7 pt breakfast, then a good walk/jog in the park for an hour.(earning 6pts) Gorgeous spiced roasted butternut squash and carrot soup... (no points) then instead of the usual chicken chicken chicken..... I cooked some haddock with cous cous and veg which i pointed at 5pts.... topped off with a glass of WW wine for 2 points.... I'm sitting on 12 points for the day....

That's really great Ali! Both your Mum going home & sitting on 12points. I don't think I could ever manage that. Disaster today. Went to my friends for dinner party & have no idea wat points I had. Think I'll just have to write it off & start fresh tomorrow & assume that my extra points are also well gone x

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

doin well fri and 2day!! got new bike so went for a cycle both days,made soup today and gettin back into drinkin water,feelin good!:)

had a few crackawheats with some low low spreadable cheese there. Got the one with cracked black pepper... really nice...

so I'm down to 6 pts left .... have a WW chocolate brownie dessert defrosting as we speak... :D that will leave me with 4.... but feck it.... would rather have a few over than fill meself for the sake of it...

Updated my blog there with the recipe for the butternut squash soup.... just tryin to find things to fill the blog with haha!

http://alibx.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

had a few crackawheats with some low low spreadable cheese there. Got the one with cracked black pepper... really nice...

so I'm down to 6 pts left .... have a WW chocolate brownie dessert defrosting as we speak... :D that will leave me with 4.... but feck it.... would rather have a few over than fill meself for the sake of it...

Updated my blog there with the recipe for the butternut squash soup.... just tryin to find things to fill the blog with haha!

http://alibx.blogspot.com/

Strange q but how does any1 prepare butternut squash safely??? I nearly lost a finger last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Had a great weekend of pointing ;)

Did the shopping Thursday in aldi for snacks we got the bags of popcorn 3pp and more importantly there was own brand mini magnum style ice cream 12 in the box at 3pp each they are amazeballs to say the least yum!!

got on well yesterday so hoping for another positive day today! heading to the gym now shortly after having a big bowl of fruit topped with yogurt and a bit of muesli for some crunch! yum! second lisa on the aldi magnums - nom nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

opheila wrote: »
    Strange q but how does any1 prepare butternut squash safely??? I nearly lost a finger last time

I'd love to know this too. Every time I do it I have images of my OH coming home to find a kitchen full of fingers. Help!

I'd love to know this too. Every time I do it I have images of my OH coming home to find a kitchen full of fingers. Help!

Cut both ends off 1st. Then cut in half. Then you have flat surfaces to work from to peel. So put one of the halves flat side down on the counter and peel with a knife downwards. When that's done, cut in half downwards again. Then scoop out the inside with a spoon, much easier & safer than a knife. Then chop away to your hearts content ;-)

Can anyone please let me know how long a fresh fruit salad will keep in the fridge? Have just chopped up a load of fruit, but am not sure how long it'll last for.

And will it start to go brown on me? If so can I prevent that?

Thanks!

So went out for my three course dinner on friday night, all prepared for the healthy options they had on the menu. Then we got there and they had changed the menu up, and all my healthy options were gone. So this is what I had instead

Parsnip & Vanilla Soup
    black pudding & scallop raviol - This was creamy, but I left a good bit of the soup. It was only one piece of ravioli in it too so I pointed it at 10 pp

Roast Wild Mallard
    lyonnaise potato, blueberry, trompette mushrooms, leeks and madeira sauce
    So this was a small piece of mallard and I took the skin off before eating it, and the book points this at 4pp (well duck, and duck and mallard are pretty much the same), there was about 50g of potato on the plate and about a tbs of sauce so I pointed the whole thing as 12pp - taking into account any oils or anything used.

Chocolate & Passion Fruit
    candied bread, crème chantill - again i didnt eat all of this. It was 2 small scoops of passionfuit sorbet which i ate, one small scoop of something chocolatey which i ate half of and 2 scoops of chantilly cream which i only ate one of. Again I pointed this as 12pp

I had onevery small piece of bread, and an amuse bouce which a small piece of raw tuna - pointed these at 4pp

Not sure if I over pointed or under pointed, but I also had a bottle of wine and 5 vodkas for the night and all of that came in at 3pp under the 49 weeklies and 19 dailies i had left. So i just added those as misc just in case i under pointed.

Then i was bold, at 4:30 in the morning I had a slice of pizza (how i was even hungry at this point i dont know but the OH wanted one and i couldnt resist) This was 7pp in the eating out book - but since I had used all my dailies for friday and my weeklies for the week, and since it was technically saturday when I ate it I've taken this out of saturdays allowance. Not sure if thats ok to do, but ive done it anyway and I just hope I do ok come tuesday!

(Sorry for the long post)

o

Then i was bold, at 4:30 in the morning I had a slice of pizza (how i was even hungry at this point i dont know but the OH wanted one and i couldnt resist) This was 7pp in the eating out book - but since I had used all my dailies for friday and my weeklies for the week, and since it was technically saturday when I ate it I've taken this out of saturdays allowance. Not sure if thats ok to do, but ive done it anyway and I just hope I do ok come tuesday!

(Sorry for the long post)

This made me laugh! I'm the same when the OH wants something, I can't resist and then justify it in my mind! Or else I'll convince him that he wants something bold and then I'll eat most of it. I'd say you've pointed fine for the dinner and stuff, get out for a good walk before weigh in and you'll be fine I'd say. At least you're aware of what you're eating which is half the battle! :D

This made me laugh! I'm the same when the OH wants something, I can't resist and then justify it in my mind! Or else I'll convince him that he wants something bold and then I'll eat most of it. I'd say you've pointed fine for the dinner and stuff, get out for a good walk before weigh in and you'll be fine I'd say. At least you're aware of what you're eating which is half the battle! :D

Haha thanks, I went to the gym yesterday but started to feel really ill about a third of the way through my workout - very dizzy and had to go sit in the changing room for 30 mins before I could even shower and go. Gonna go for a walk this evening and then do my full 1.5 hours in the gym tomorrow night before my WI too.

I've told my OH not to let me have bad stuff - but he feels guilty sayin no when i ask for something, he's too much of a softie!

Haha thanks, I went to the gym yesterday but started to feel really ill about a third of the way through my workout - very dizzy and had to go sit in the changing room for 30 mins before I could even shower and go. Gonna go for a walk this evening and then do my full 1.5 hours in the gym tomorrow night before my WI too.

I've told my OH not to let me have bad stuff - but he feels guilty sayin no when i ask for something, he's too much of a softie!

1.5 hours in the gym? Fair play to ya! If I can do 50 mins cardio and about 15 mins of resistance I'm very happy! I suffer from low blood pressure and can often get dizzy spells too. Suppose it's just important to recognise when you're a bit woosy and take a break. One machine I can't handle is the rowing machine. It makes me dizzy after a couple of hundred metres no matter how many times I try.
    Anywho back to the point - you've well covered yourself I'd say between the exercise and everything! Fingers crossed for your weigh in. Mine's Wednesday morning! eek!

• Advertisement

1.5 hours in the gym? Fair play to ya! If I can do 50 mins cardio and about 15 mins of resistance I'm very happy! I suffer from low blood pressure and can often get dizzy spells too. Suppose it's just important to recognise when you're a bit woosy and take a break. One machine I can't handle is the rowing machine. It makes me dizzy after a couple of hundred metres no matter how many times I try.
    Anywho back to the point - you've well covered yourself I'd say between the exercise and everything! Fingers crossed for your weigh in. Mine's Wednesday morning! eek!

I do 40 mins of cardio, 25 mins of resistance, 15 mins of core and then my stretches. Its a new program the gym guy just put together and its hard going but hopefully doing it 3 times a week with a bit or walking on other days itll really help!

Good luck with your weigh in too :)

I love how those chefs on tv peel it like a potato....YEA RIGHT!!!

I almost de-thumbed myself on many an occasion too...I cut it into rings then slice the skin off it like you would with an orange or a kiwi thats definitely the easiest way that i have found.... :D

Can anyone please let me know how long a fresh fruit salad will keep in the fridge? Have just chopped up a load of fruit, but am not sure how long it'll last for.

Thanks!

Hi Baileypants, it depends what fruit you have in it. If you have banana it will go brown straight away. So if you like banana in your fruit salad I would suggest you don't put it in your mix and just slice it on your own bowl before you eat it.

Best way to keep your fruit salad fresh and zingy and stop any apple or pears going brown is to put some fresh lemon or lime juice over the top. Give your Fruit a stir and keep it covered either in an airtight plastic container or just cover the bowl with cling film. That should keep for 3 days or so give it a stir every now and then just to keep all the fruit juicy and stop the top half getting too soft hope that helps!

Hey everyone hope ye are all having a good weekend?

So I had WI yesterday and frustratingly I STS! Agghhh I'm taking my own advice and know that it will eventually show on the scales and I have a fair idea that it's because I didn't eat enough this week. Everyone is different but for me I find if I don't eat all my points I don't lose (I have no idea why this is it's just how my body works!) I was under on my points by 2 or 3 each day and had about 25 of my weeklies.

I'm mixing things up this week different foods etc so hopefully fingers crossed that helps!

I did lots of cooking yesterday I made a gorgeous (even if I do say so myself!:P ) Moussaka it was really tasty and worked out at 10pp per portion (I split it in 4 ) I had that with a big salad and a couple of nice glasses of red wine and it was gorgeous. First time making it and was a recipe I pulled off the channel 4 food website on Friday night.

I'll throw the recipe up if anyone wants it. I made it with lean beef mince rather than lamb mince to keep the points down and I'm definitely going to make it again. I also made some lovely very low cal coleslaw and home made hummus which is not exactly low fat but really tasty and a nice change for lunches I also did some meatballs and chilli for the freezer to have some handy prepointed dinners to pull out if i'm working late or whatever!

Did a 5k run earlier and i'm now putting my feet up and chilling for the evening with some dvd's some of my hummus (40g is 3pp) some carrot sticks and a nice glass of red wine!

Kay_80 wrote: »

Thanks!

Hi Baileypants, it depends what fruit you have in it. If you have banana it will go brown straight away. So if you like banana in your fruit salad I would suggest you don't put it in your mix and just slice it on your own bowl before you eat it.

Best way to keep your fruit salad fresh and zingy and stop any apple or pears going brown is to put some fresh lemon or lime juice over the top. Give your Fruit a stir and keep it covered either in an airtight plastic container or just cover the bowl with cling film. That should keep for 3 days or so give it a stir every now and then just to keep all the fruit juicy and stop the top half getting too soft hope that helps!

That's fantastic! Because I thought I heard that somewhere and squeezed a lime over it, but wasn't sure if it'd b a help or a hinderence, so now I know! I will portion it out now to last me 3 days too. Thanks for the help! :-)

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hey everyone hope ye are all having a good weekend?

So I had WI yesterday and frustratingly I STS! Agghhh I'm taking my own advice and know that it will eventually show on the scales and I have a fair idea that it's because I didn't eat enough this week. Everyone is different but for me I find if I don't eat all my points I don't lose (I have no idea why this is it's just how my body works!) I was under on my points by 2 or 3 each day and had about 25 of my weeklies.

I'm mixing things up this week different foods etc so hopefully fingers crossed that helps!

I did lots of cooking yesterday I made a gorgeous (even if I do say so myself!:P ) Moussaka it was really tasty and worked out at 10pp per portion (I split it in 4 ) I had that with a big salad and a couple of nice glasses of red wine and it was gorgeous. First time making it and was a recipe I pulled off the channel 4 food website on Friday night.

I'll throw the recipe up if anyone wants it. I made it with lean beef mince rather than lamb mince to keep the points down and I'm definitely going to make it again. I also made some lovely very low cal coleslaw and home made hummus which is not exactly low fat but really tasty and a nice change for lunches I also did some meatballs and chilli for the freezer to have some handy prepointed dinners to pull out if i'm working late or whatever!

Did a 5k run earlier and i'm now putting my feet up and chilling for the evening with some dvd's some of my hummus (40g is 3pp) some carrot sticks and a nice glass of red wine!

I love moussaka, if you could put up the recipe that would be great!

I just had a gorgeous prawn salad with pepper carpaccio.... (sounds so fancy!!! :D)

1 point??? You can't really go wrong can ya????

Just waiting for the house to settle down so I can go on the wii fit.... :)

plan on doing the free jogging. I stick on the music channels and jog away... a lot easier than just joggin on the spot for 30 mins...

No problem Tiny Penguin (love your username btw! ;) ) I got this from the 4 food part of the channel 4 website it was their take on a skinny moussaka so there's no potato in this and they use greek yogurt rather than a bechamel type sauce so it is a little bit dryer than a regular moussaka but the cheese gives it a nice bit of a kick and it's really tasty and filling and a nice change for dinner for I'm putting the recipe as they had it and based on the NI they had up it comes in at 13pp if splitting in 4. I made some tweaks which I'll put at the bottom and it comes in at 10pp per portion.

Takes 50 minutes to make and 35 minutes in the oven
    Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
    1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    500g lamb mince
    1 tbsp tomato purée
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    400g can chopped tomatoes
    2 tsp dried oregano
    600g (about 2 medium) aubergines for the topping
    150ml Greek yogurt
    1 medium egg, beaten
    25g freshly grated Parmesan
    50g feta

METHOD
    How to make moussaka with yogurt and cheese topping

1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until soft. Increase the heat, add the minced lamb and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until browned. Drain off the fat in a sieve, then return the meat to the pan.

2. Add the purée and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, then half-fill the can with water and pour into the pan. Add the oregano, season, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Cut each aubergine diagonally into 5mm-thick slices. Brush with oil, put half on a baking sheet and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until pale golden. Drain on kitchen paper while grilling the remainder.

4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. For the topping, mix the yogurt, egg and half the cheeses. Season with pepper.

5. Spread half the lamb mixture in a deep, 1.2-litre ovenproof dish. Overlap with half the aubergine and the rest of the lamb. Top with rest of the aubergine, spoon over yogurt mixture and scatter with the remaining cheeses. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbling.

Nutritional Information
    Per serving:
466 kcals
31.2g fat (14.4g saturated)
35.3g protein
12.3g carbs

13pp per portion based on NI (I put zero in for fibre seeing as they didn't list that on the website)

Now I did some tweaks

I added an extra clove of garlic and a little cumin ( about a teaspoon) (i added same time as cinnamon) and I swapped out the minced lamb for 450g of lean minced Beef. I used lean aberdeen angus minced beef which works out at 22pp for the pack which is pointed from the NI you could lower the pp again on this by using the extra lean mince beef but I had the lean in the freezer so used that!)

The total recipe I cooked came in at 40pp (Beef 22pp, Olive oil 3pp, feta cheese 3pp, parmesan cheese 5pp, greek yogurt 5pp & medium egg 2pp.

I made it in my lasange dish and I got 4 big portions but you could probably get 6 smaller ones if you wanted. As I said I had with a green salad and I was really full we had friends over last night for a casual dinner and I did lots of nice tapas type stuff for them as well as the salad and I did give them some baby spuds tossed in olive oil and fresh herbs and some nice crusty bread and even the guys said they were stuffed! (I didn't tell them it was a 'skinny moussaka either! )

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I made this video a while ago

• Advertisement

God, am after spending hours in the kitchen in order to prepare for the week ahead! I figure I have to go for 0 point food for my lunches or I just seem to end up over my points. So I made butternut squash and sweet potato soup & a fruit salad. Photos on my blog ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/preparation-for-week-at-office.html

I hope everyone has a good start to the week!! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement