Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah it really worked well. What's better is there were two titans able to block both doors the same way.

Can you explain it to me? I don't get it, what door?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just got Jolder's Hammer from IB and Timur's lash last night. I'm pretty certain that the loot roll for IB is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@SouthTipp
    Where you protect the rock column to keep the Portal open there are doors on each side where the Vex/Minotaurs come out. The Minotaurs in particular are tricky as they have void shields.

The Titan Helm of Team 14 has a perk that if an enemy walks through your ward of dawn it temporarily blinds them. You put the ward of dawn down on the door where they come in and they are immediately blinded. Lasts 5-7 seconds and they stumble round blindly while you massacre them.

It's also useful for buffing the weapons for all your teammates and increases firepower by up to 50%. Makes mincemeat out of Atheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just got Jolder's Hammer from IB and Timur's lash last night. I'm pretty certain that the loot roll for IB is way better.

Yeah, one of my opponents last night got Timurs Lash and Truth from the same match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @SouthTipp
    Where you protect the rock column to keep the Portal open there are doors on each side where the Vex/Minotaurs come out. The Minotaurs in particular are tricky as they have void shields.

The Titan Helm of Team 14 has a perk that if an enemy walks through your ward of dawn it temporarily blinds them. You put the ward of dawn down on the door where they come in and they are immediately blinded. Lasts 5-7 seconds and they stumble round blindly while you massacre them.

It's also useful for buffing the weapons for all your teammates and increases firepower by up to 50%. Makes mincemeat out of Atheon.

That's great information thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They drop a lot, had one Timur's Lash and 2 Jolder's Hammer drop this week. In the last Iron Banner I had 3 Timur's Lash drop. Unfortunately they don't give you energies if you break them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Reforged my two Timur's Lashs, has anyone maxed one out? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    Reforged my two Timur's Lashs, has anyone maxed one out? Any use?

The issue I have with it is that it has similar stats to The Devil You Know and that has 12 rounds to 7 for Timur's lash. Then Hawkmoon and Faterbinger piss all over it if you have them. It's one of the best legendary handcannons though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently it has the highest impact of any hand cannon so could be good in PvE. The small clip puts me off though but it is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The issue I have with it is that it has similar stats to The Devil You Know and that has 12 rounds to 7 for Timur's lash. Then Hawkmoon and Faterbinger piss all over it if you have them. It's one of the best legendary handcannons though.

Yeah I've both but I reforged to get radar when aiming down sight which could be useful, cba ranking it up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

For anyone looking for vids on the raid, have a look at these:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Really good, clear explanation of what's going on, what to do. The lads filmed it before the update, so some info is slightly deifferent (Atheon teleports 3 randoms now, not 3 furthest back)

Also, have a look at this guy Professor Bowman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My kingdom for someone to do a 5 minute video in MS Paint explaining the Raid mechanics. No need to watch 1+ hour of footage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    My kingdom for someone to do a 5 minute video in MS Paint explaining the Raid mechanics. No need to watch 1+ hour of footage :pac:

Sure there's your weekend project. Stuff COD. :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Another raid run done for the week, still no chest armor drop. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just had my best run in Iron Banner. 4 wins in 6 games.

Plus I have 7 Bounties to hand in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just spent my hard earned motes of light with xur on a helmet engram.

I play as a Titan and in typical murphy a law I got a hunter helmet yay!

****ing typical.

Anyway dismantled and moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Gonna be online for a bit later on. If anyone fancies having a run through of the weekly or nightfall strike. I'm not strong enough to do lvl 26 strikes alone :(

I'm on xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

****ing typical.

I have to say that after saying that after more than 10 times buying an engram from XuR and getting something for another class, today, I decided to chance it and bought a engram with my warlock and decoded it hoping to get a helmet for my warlock and voila! got a helmet for my warlock, that one with the wings around the head...

by the way, was it just for me or were they not selling the new sparrow for 50 glimmers at the kiosk (the one beside the postmaster)?

I bought 3 just to have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Bohrio wrote: »
    by the way, was it just for me or were they not selling the new sparrow for 50 glimmers at the kiosk (the one beside the postmaster)?

I bought 3 just to have

I was under the impression you can only buy it from there if you have "unlocked" it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Seems the Raid has found new ways to mock me, giving me Praedyth's Revenge twice in one sitting, along with Gjallarhorn. Felt a little dirty disassembling them.

Seems the Raid has found new ways to mock me, giving me Praedyth's Revenge twice in one sitting, along with Gjallarhorn. Felt a little dirty disassembling them.

Dismantling gjallarhorn, I hope bohrio doesn't see that:p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dismantling gjallarhorn, I hope bohrio doesn't see that:p

Too late for that...

Ban request please....

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

****ing typical.

I would have kept it incase you make a Hunter in future. You can only get the Raid Helmet on Hard so its good to have an exotic helm incase RNG screws you for weeks. lol

I would have kept it incase you make a Hunter in future. You can only get the Raid Helmet on Hard so its good to have an exotic helm incase RNG screws you for weeks. lol

Not even half a chance of me making a second character.

I don't have the time for one never mind two or three like I've seen some folk here have. Fair play to ye but not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Not even half a chance of me making a second character.

I don't have the time for one never mind two or three like I've seen some folk here have. Fair play to ye but not for me.

Thats what i said...... now i have a lvl 29 Hunter and a lvl 12 Warlock.
    Damn you Destiny and your addictive ways! :pac:

Thats what i said...... now i have a lvl 29 Hunter and a lvl 12 Warlock.
    Damn you Destiny and your addictive ways! :pac:

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have all three but there's too many other games I want to play as well.

On the Wii U alone there's Mario kart DLC just came out, Super smash bros is nearly here, bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kobg tropical freeze to name just a few at the moment that want to make time for.

There's also Vita and 360 games that I also want to play so yeah definitely no warlock or hunter for me thanks.

Sure I still need to level up my Titan more. I'm only level 26. Must go farm for spirit bloom, etc later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I said the same thing at first. Mate of mine picked up the game a few days ago tho so started a new Titan to blast through with him and get him to lvl 20. So now I have a lvl 26 Warlock and lvl 12 Titan.

Just on the verge of hitting lvl 27 once I get 2 more shards to fully level my exotic chest.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I said the same thing at first. Mate of mine picked up the game a few days ago tho so started a new Titan to blast through with him and get him to lvl 20. So now I have a lvl 26 Warlock and lvl 12 Titan.

Just on the verge of hitting lvl 27 once I get 2 more shards to fully level my exotic chest.

Most of my friends don't play games.

Out of the two that do, one is more of a fifa and cod guy unfortunately and the other does play Destiny but on Xbox One. Doh.

So Boards is my go to place for similar minded gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just one shard off level 29. Only need a helmet that can go to 30 and I can also go to 30 thanks to the iron banner.

If anyone is raiding or anything add me one xbone GT: Dowdus Maximus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement