Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just got this on PlayStation 4 add me I'll be firing it up tonight psn is brianregan09

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just got this on PlayStation 4 add me I'll be firing it up tonight psn is brianregan09

Clan or GTFO :P

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

jk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Head here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

Once accepted into clan, set as PS. Then just start adding people. Like me :D
    PSN: SolvableKnave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rolled the dice on a helmet engram. Hunter helm. Won't get 30 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Maybe we can all hang out in some corner of the tower together howling abuse at the level 30's as they flounce on by?

Had a friend complaining about how unfair it was that anyone can now get to level 30 because of IB until we pointed out it only took him four Raids to get all the gear (it was actually 8). How quickly they forget.

I am not saying this is always like this, but I have bought 10-12 engrams from XuR, not a single time I got one for my own class, I am not sure if this is meant to be like this or not.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Maybe we can all hang out in some corner of the tower together howling abuse at the level 30's as they flounce on by?

Had a friend complaining about how unfair it was that anyone can now get to level 30 because of IB until we pointed out it only took him four Raids to get all the gear (it was actually 8). How quickly they forget.

This is my issue. I did my first raid last Saturday, second on Tuesday, and I got gauntlets and chest piece. Iron Banner gave me the boots. I'll have to rely on Xur for now as I'm not experienced enough at the raid to do HM.

This is my issue. I did my first raid last Saturday, second on Tuesday, and I got gauntlets and chest piece. Iron Banner gave me the boots. I'll have to rely on Xur for now as I'm not experienced enough at the raid to do HM.

What level are you atm? I am assuming at least lv28/29

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am not saying this is always like this, but I have bought 10-12 engrams from XuR, not a single time I got one for my own class, I am not sure if this is meant to be like this or not.

Well, you'd have a 33% chance at rolling it for your class. The odds are against you each time.

Well, you'd have a 33% chance at rolling it for your class. The odds are against you each time.

Yes but I am not sure is 33% or 1/3. I am saying I have never seen an engram for the same class.... it could be like 1/10 for all I know

What level are you atm? I am assuming at least lv28/29

29. I'm not complaining though. To have only done two raids and received two pieces of armour seems to be a blessing from RNGesus.

I have just about all the exotic helmets 3 for the titan/hunter and 2 for the Warlock.
    I've done the Raid many (10-15) times on normal and a handful on hard. Got two pieces of armour the first 2 times I did the Raid...... nothing since. This game has loads of ways of hurting you.

Yes but I am not sure is 33% or 1/3. I am saying I have never seen an engram for the same class.... it could be like 1/10 for all I know

You reckon? Maybe, I suppose, but it could be just a loot table of the 12 or so exotic helmets out there and 3 of them are for your class. The likelihood is that each time you will roll a different class, if that is the case.

29. I'm not complaining though. To have only done two raids and received two pieces of armour seems to be a blessing from RNGesus.

And you need a helmet I suppose.

I dont see why wouldnt an experienced team carry you as a 29.

In all fairness I have played the raid on hard always as a level 29 and had no problem as long as the team I was playing knew what they were doing. Specially the oracles/templar parts are dead easy (if you snipe the oracles off and push the templar).

I have even played parts as a 27 (before the patch).

Are you on Xbox1? (I dont think you are) If so we could give it a go one day, I still need to finish the gatekeeper and atheon with my warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you buy the engram from Xur you have a 50% chance of getting one for the class you need.

The engram's always decrypt into a different class item. So if you decrypt with a Titan you can only get a hunter or warlock item, and vice versa.

This is how I got my exotic helm. I needed one for my titan so bought the engram with him. I then transfered to my warlock and got the titan helm.

And you need a helmet I suppose.

I dont see why wouldnt an experienced team carry you as a 29.

In all fairness I have played the raid on hard always as a level 29 and had no problem as long as the team I was playing knew what they were doing. Specially the oracles/templar parts are dead easy (if you snipe the oracles off and push the templar).

I have even played parts as a 27 (before the patch).

Are you on Xbox1? (I dont think you are) If so we could give it a go one day, I still need to finish the gatekeeper and atheon with my warlock

Yeah, PS4. Have the IB boots so was easy enough to hit 29. I died 3 times without wipes in the last raid I did so the lack of revives in hard mode would put a strain on teammates. I'd like to get more experienced with the raid before I do HM. I haven't got much of a clue what I'm doing with the relic at the Atheon stage, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you buy the engram from Xur you have a 50% chance of getting one for the class you need.

The engram's always decrypt into a different class item. So if you decrypt with a Titan you can only get a hunter or warlock item, and vice versa.

This is how I got my exotic helm. I needed one for my titan so bought the engram with him. I then transfered to my warlock and got the titan helm.

That's not true, I decrypted a hunter helm with my hunter..

Yeah, PS4. Have the IB boots so was easy enough to hit 29. I died 3 times without wipes in the last raid I did so the lack of revives in hard mode would put a strain on teammates. I'd like to get more experienced with the raid before I do HM. I haven't got much of a clue what I'm doing with the relic at the Atheon stage, for example.

That's fine, you shouldn't be grabbing the relic anyway, and you know that you have to kill the oracles when you are teleported so I would suggest getting a team together (here would be a good place to start) and ask then to "carry" you. If you are not comfortable with the relic dont grab it, you shouldn't be grabbing it anyway if you are a 29 and there are other more experienced players in your team.

The main difference between hard and normal once you reach the last part is just that things are harder to kill and you are easier to kill, during atheon the main difference is that, while 3 get teleported, those who remain will be stuck in a bubble that you will need to destroy in order to break free. But apart from that I dont see why you shouldnt try.

The only problem is that, unless you play with friends, randoms are not going to want play with you (unless you have something they want like the oracles checkpoint etc) as it seems that nowadays they will only accept 30s for the raid on hard.

Another option will be to go to the bungie forum and look for people at Atheons CP looking for someone to join the team, if they are desperate they might take a 29 (specially if they have several 30s). In all fairness you can do Atheon no problem with just a couple of 30s, and if it wasnt for all the glitches even 29s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

AdamD wrote: »

Yeah, got a warlock helm that way as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Being hungover after playing Iron Banner pi$$ed until 3am and waking to find that faceless prick with no helms for me has really set me on the back foot this weekend. :o

Guess I'll go play Far Cry 4 until the Tuesday reset :(

Yeah, I was going to say that I've seen guys on here and Reddit that have decrypted for their class.

I'm not allowed play with the Relic.
    There's no real issue with dying in HM as far as I can see. Lots of level 30s were dying on us the other day through bad luck, stupidity, tiredness, the fact they were doing the heavy lifting or just the game glitching out on us. You just wipe and go again - there's really not much of a penalty. Unless of course you suddenly realise you've been playing for 8 hours.
    First time I died was in the Atheon room (not counting the platforms or suicides). Went down a few times then until I realised all I had to do was put a shield on the door and blind the Protoreans*.

* may not be a real word

Emmet is such a lier... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hmmm I seem to remember reading it on the bungie site and it had been confirmed by Deej the community manager.

Maybe I picked it up wrong. Sorry guys :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,183 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Same.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed play with the Relic.
    There's no real issue with dying in HM as far as I can see. Lots of level 30s were dying on us the other day through bad luck, stupidity, tiredness, the fact they were doing the heavy lifting or just the game glitching out on us. You just wipe and go again - there's really not much of a penalty. Unless of course you suddenly realise you've been playing for 8 hours.
    First time I died was in the Atheon room (not counting the platforms or suicides). Went down a few times then until I realised all I had to do was put a shield on the door and blind the Protoreans*.

* may not be a real word

Agree 100%, if I were him I would give it a go, I tried my first raid on hard on the same week as the first time I did it on normal

That last part is brilliant, never though of that, I am currently upgrading that exotic helmet, I think is going to be a must on the raid now, can't wait to try that!!

Agree 100%, if I were him I would give it a go, I tried my first raid on hard on the same week as the first time I did it on normal

That last part is brilliant, never though of that, I am currently upgrading that exotic helmet, I think is going to be a must on the raid now, can't wait to try that!!

Yeah it really worked well. What's better is there were two titans able to block both doors the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hit lvl 3 on IB, 30 here I come :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement