Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Dead - Online Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Is there any difference in the search percentages between similar buildings in a particular area? Say are the odds of finding a FAK in one hospital different to the odds in a nearby hospital? It certainly feels like it at times, nothing worse than sinking 20AP for 2 FAKs :(

I'm not sure how they factor the odds in of finding stuff. Some days I'm lucky and get something every time I click search (I've found something like 11 FAK's in a row before), other days I just waste my AP. It's supposed to be easier to find stuff if the building is lit, and it normally is, though in my experience, the more people in a building, the less chance you have of actually finding something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

if anyone feels like reviving me im nw of vigor outside the junkyard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I might start up a char tonight. What should i go for where is everyone holding out. What should i do when i start off to make things easy for myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'd suggest checking this page: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Guides and read up on the Survivor type you'd like to play. I'd suggest starting as a Firefighter/Civillian - you get an axe to start off with and its great for easy XP. Otherwise a Doctor/Scientist is a good choice since you can just search for First Aid Kids and heal people to get quick XP. Really it's up to you!

The goal is to get through the first a couple levels as quickly as you can. They can tend to drag on a bit so we'll do out best to help ya out.

We generally hang out in the Vigors Hotel in Kempsterbank. Map of the Suburb here: http://dssrzs.org/map/ . The Norwood Building just south of Vigors will be open for you to access.

The first skill you want to buy is Free Running, nearly regardless of the Class you pick. It will give you access to buildings that are Heavily Barricaded and higher.

Otherwise post here and we'll help ye out the best we can.

Thanks ill read it and see which one i want to be. And ill try and get to the safe house at some stage, If im not killed in the 1st day or 2!

seanhowlin wrote: »
    Thanks ill read it and see which one i want to be. And ill try and get to the safe house at some stage, If im not killed in the 1st day or 2!

No worries. If you get kill we can revive you. Just know that you'll start in a random suburb in Malton so it may take you a bit to reach Kempsterbank.

#1 - make sure you can ALWAYS find a building you can rest in before you run out of Action Points. Sleeping on the street just gives the zombies an easy meal.

great news looks like i played this game at somestage. I already had a character in the game. and guess where he was, right smack in the middle of kempsterbank. I made my way up to the safe house but it had 2 zombies. I left the house and now i ran out of turns somewhere near it.

but on the Plus side i bagged my self a zombie on the way.

Class: Military A non-descript survivor.

Level: 1
    XP: 33
    Skills:

* Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)

OK i was jsut some zombies supper there now!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

OK i was jsut some zombies supper there now!

Here's the list of revive points, hopefully one of them is active.
    http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Kempsterbank#Revive_Points

Oh and I think its a good idea to say you want to be revived in your description, as you'll probably get scanned at some point.

great news looks like i played this game at somestage. I already had a character in the game. and guess where he was, right smack in the middle of kempsterbank. I made my way up to the safe house but it had 2 zombies. I left the house and now i ran out of turns somewhere near it.

but on the Plus side i bagged my self a zombie on the way.

Class: Military A non-descript survivor.

Level: 1
    XP: 33
    Skills:

* Basic Firearms Training (Player gets +25% to hit with all firearms attacks.)

Is your character name the same as your username here? Maybe link your profile, so those of us that don't have you in our contacts can add you. :) Be easier for one of us to get you a revive that way, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Currently chillin in the Vigors, havin some wine....

Busy enough round there.

Is your character name the same as your username here? Maybe link your profile, so those of us that don't have you in our contacts can add you. :) Be easier for one of us to get you a revive that way, too.

No my name in the game is badgerhowlin.

I cant seem to stay alive for long. Im on 78Ap so as soon as i get to the 100, I’m getting free running so I can get into some building which might help me!

While im one of the Undead, I attack any zombies I see. I might be after changing but I keep my humanity!

Pete M. wrote: »
    Currently chillin in the Vigors, havin some wine....

Busy enough round there.

Whats your name in game Pete? I'll keep an eye out for ya.

I have an alt running around up north as a brain rotted zombie, very refreshing way to play the game once you get ankle grab. Not having to worry about having the AP to get to a safehouse gives you a completely different way to play.

I just got my 100 points last night so i can get free running but im a zombie at the moment. Im in St Ferreol's Hospital i think, im not online at the moment to check for sure. I got one zombie down to 46HP last night. But there was 4 in total in there last night. If someone is passing by Can you please heal me. If not ill go to a heal point this evening.

I just got my 100 points last night so i can get free running but im a zombie at the moment. Im in St Ferreol's Hospital i think, im not online at the moment to check for sure. I got one zombie down to 46HP last night. But there was 4 in total in there last night. If someone is passing by Can you please heal me. If not ill go to a heal point this evening.

Shamble on over to Hensler Walk and we'll rev ya. No problem at all. Its just a couple blocks West of where you currently are.

area around vigor and directly south of it not looking good atm, lot of cades down and damaged buildings.

I'm at Hensler myself if anyone can revive me?

I'm at Hensler myself if anyone can revive me?

You've been rev'd. :D

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    You've been rev'd. :D

Thats fantastic service Dakota, less than 2 minutes waiting time :D:D

Appreciated :)

Thats fantastic service Dakota, less than 2 minutes waiting time :D:D

Appreciated :)

We aim to please!

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Shamble on over to Hensler Walk and we'll rev ya. No problem at all. Its just a couple blocks West of where you currently are.

Im there now. with 5 Ap left. hope im healed soon. If not ill be there oll night and will be left out in the open.

Im there now. with 5 Ap left. hope im healed soon. If not ill be there oll night and will be left out in the open.

Oops, sorry sean, I think I might have just attacked you :o

I forgot where I was :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I was zedified :( Im at boormans walk by myself so i can be pointed out

wheres the nearest necro tech building? and wheres the nearest place for reliable ammo these days?

What the hell am i going to do with this find?

Searching the building, you find a crucifix

• Advertisement

Only found 1 needle and blew too many AP to rev anyone right away. I will as soon as I'm able.

Necrotech - Jillard NT is powered and EHB.
    Ammo - unsure. Woodroffe Mall was secure and powered a couple days ago. I'll be heading up that way before too long again.

Oops, sorry sean, I think I might have just attacked you :o

I forgot where I was :o

Come here till i bite you!

Did i put up much of a fight?

Come here till i bite you!

Did i put up much of a fight?

I just completely forgot I had moved up to Hensler to be revived,so I stood up and thought I was still in the same place I had died and you were the zombie who had killed me! :D So I was looking forward to getting some revenge and took off about half your health when I realised what was actually going on. I tried to send someone up from Barnerd Way to help you afterwards though.

If anyone is up in Woodroffe Mall keep an eye out for a PKer named Wingless Butterfly, I have a score to settle with that one! :D

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I was zedified :( Im at boormans walk by myself so i can be pointed out

wheres the nearest necro tech building? and wheres the nearest place for reliable ammo these days?

I jabbed you. :)

5 zombies in vigo, time to leg it lads

• Advertisement

I have free runnings but there is still a few buildings that i cant enter. it ways they are too Heavily barricaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I have free runnings but there is still a few buildings that i cant enter. it ways they are too Heavily barricaded

You can enter by first entering a building that is Very Strongly Barricaded or less, even ruined. Once in, you can hop into buildings above VSB.

phill106 wrote: »
    5 zombies in vigo, time to leg it lads

Bony the building you're in at the moment only has the door closed with a couple of zeds outside

thanks, was trying to cade it to help those in there, moving on more now

one zombie and cades down in vigor, shot him a few but out of ap if someone can kill and cade! im 1s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

just took down the Z in vigors, but I'm a z myself :P
    need a jabaroony please

Im at the hospital sw of vigor, caded it up to vsb, gennie is running if anyone cares to visit.

update, dont go into george hospital, cades down, and i just got dragged out. Im alive elsewhere now :)

I've been PKed so many times recently, so frustrating

Notice there seems to be a zombie uprising atm? So many areas are covered in them!

• Advertisement

Yeah the west seems to be completely gone, when I started off the sw corner was the safest place you could be, now its completely red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

started playing today.......anyone else here in edgecombe?
    any advice on where to head.....what to do
    Im a medic, set up a safehouse, theres another guy in here but he's inactive
    how can i baricade a building?

daz801 wrote: »

things to do.. well staying alive is the most important :pac:
    Find a nearby hospital, preferable one with power and then search for a few first aid kits and start healing people, it shouldn't be too hard to find people in need of help at the moment.

I think barricade building is a skill, but its not that important at the start. Get the Free Running skill first as the lets you move between buildings without stepping outside, then diagnosis. Once you have them its you'll be set.

Where to head to...well, at the moment it's not the safest 'burb, but The Boardsie's are in Kempsterbank, not too far from Edgecombe, to the SW. You can come that way when it's safer (high zed numbers there at the moment), and we can help you level up. Seeing as Edgecombe is green on the map, you'd probably have better luck finding a hospital up there so you can get FAK's right now as well.

What Riffmongous said is good advice though - get free running first, then go for diagnosis. And yeah, barricading is a skill you have to buy - but as stated, it's definitely not important to have right from the start.

i've worked my way down to crowbank about half way......turns out i was just on the border....I'm going to try make it to Kempsterbank some time tomorrow, I should have enough ap to get to vigors motel in 10-11 hours time

I'm a pistol man myself, I find the shotgun just eats up the AP. A fire axe is pretty handy to have too once you get a few levels.

i've worked my way down to crowbank about half way......turns out i was just on the border....I'm going to try make it to Kempsterbank some time tomorrow, I should have enough ap to get to vigors motel in 10-11 hours time

Here's a danger map,

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Suburb

be very careful about moving into red/dark orange areas until you get free running, it will be very hard to find a building you can get into since most will be either ruined or extremely heavily barricaded. And revives are getting pretty hard to come by in some areas. Make sure you have loads of AP so you can get out again if there are no safe buildings.

ah maaan......just found out im a z now :(
    any way back

any way back

Thats annoying, either find a local revive point using the wiki, or I'd say head to Kempsterbank anyway and someone here should be able to revive you. Move to Hensler Walk (I think) in Kempsterbank. If you get there and your waiting, use your AP to try get some exp and get the Lurching Gait and Ankle Grab skills as they will be very useful in the long run.

• Advertisement

any way back

If you link your profile here so we know who you are in game, it'll be easier for one of us to revive you at Hensler, if that's where you go. I've got fak's and needles and I'm not too far away.

Advertisement