Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I prefer Family Guy, but I think it's phenomenally overrated. I associate it with students sitting in marijuana-smoke-filled rooms for 18 hours solid and eating Domino's pizza twice a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

I prefer Family Guy, but I think it's phenomenally overrated. I associate it with students sitting in marijuana-smoke-filled rooms for 18 hours solid and eating Domino's pizza twice a day.

You say that like its a bad thing.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why are speed limits considered optional to some people? Driving on the motorway, pushing the limit, and there's still people zipping past me and disappearing in the distance :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Why are speed limits considered optional to some people? Driving on the motorway, pushing the limit, and there's still people zipping past me and disappearing in the distance :S

Don't you have to stay above them? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Damn that Diabhal Beag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Still waiting on my license to come before I tear up those motorways of Hibernia.

I recently passed my driving test, and now that I finally have, I don't own a car. Oh, the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I saw Ted and thought it was Good! But I think Seth MacFarlane should stick to 30Min-50Min shows and Specials. I found myself losing interest during some parts!

I think my computer is dieing :(

Still no internet (did the Maleware bytes scan, found one problem and fixed it.) and just tried the internet cable wired into my laptop and it works too. No virus found but still no internet.

Can you change the internet ports on the computer? I have an older computer, if they can be swapped out i'll give that a go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I saw Ted and thought it was Good! But I think Seth MacFarlane should stick to 30Min-50Min shows and Specials. I found myself losing interest during some parts!

Dont say that , im heading to see it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Firstly anyone who gets to the Olympics deserves all the credit in the world, the amount of sacrifices they make is amazing.

But I can't watch swimming, it's so ****ing dull, props to everyone involved but I don't care.:(

Whats the Olympic sports ye find boring?

Rjd2 wrote: »

The football, besides Brazil nobody else could give a flying fig e.g. when Spain get knocked out without even scoring you know nobody could be arsed and every game I watched of it was far more boring than pre season friendlies.

Weight lifting.

Weight lifting.

I was watching it earlier and the women(who had stubble) were pressing a fair few kilos heavier than me and I was thinking they could probably fire me across my living room no problem, a scary thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Firstly anyone who gets to the Olympics deserves all the credit in the world, the amount of sacrifices they make is amazing.

But I can't watch swimming, it's so ****ing dull, props to everyone involved but I don't care.:(

I like watching the swimming cause I use to be a swimmer till I stopped.I feel if I kept it up I could of been on team Ireland swim team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I hate the Funkasauras... Yeah I said it!!!!

He's boring and especially now he is losing its just pointless, add in he is doing the exact same gimmick as Earnest The Cat Miller. Same music and everything its just ghey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I hate the Funkasauras... Yeah I said it!!!!

He's boring and especially now he is losing its just pointless, add in he is doing the exact same gimmick as Earnest The Cat Miller. Same music and everything its just ghey!

Keep wrestling out of the Off-Topic section. Use the search function to check if there's a thread about it already. If not, then make a new thread!

Your thread looks like it might go in the unpopular opinions thread, but it's likely a popular opinion.

Yes, another one. October, that makes it four years in a row! Three more after this and it'll be as long as the Saw franchise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Yay! I have a little bit of a soft spot for the PA series. Only scary movies i've ever liked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

They havent been scary since the first one though. The old grannies chasing yer man in the ending of the last one was hilarious.

Im not sure I even seen the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

One of the most overrated movie series of all time, terrible B-Movie acting and not scary in the slightest.. Give me the Evil Dead trilogy anyday:pac::cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They are still making those movies? I liked Saw for its OTT gore, but the series wore thin before it ended, and the same thing is happening with PA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Denny M wrote: »
    They are still making those movies? I liked Saw for its OTT gore, but the series wore thin before it ended, and the same thing is happening with PA.
    Dont forget the granddaddy of long running horror films; Halloween.

Must be about 15 of them now including the rob zombie remakes. And about 3 or 4 of them are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

One of the most overrated movie series of all time, terrible B-Movie acting and not scary in the slightest.. Give me the Evil Dead trilogy anyday:pac::cool:

Well to be fair, the first movie was a bonafide amateur movie. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Ted is hilarious with 10-15 legit laugh out loud moments,really enjoyed it

EdK wrote: »
    Ted is hilarious with 10-15 legit laugh out loud moments,really enjoyed it

Agreed , seen it there wed night and tought it was deadly . Some great one liners

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna go see Ted this weekend hopefully :D

Just watched Liverpool vs Gomel, 1-0 win but we were so bad my eyes may bleed.

How the mighty have fallen. I wonder are there many children getting named after Ian Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does anybody know how long a comedy gig in Vicar St. usually lasts? Heading up to see Jim Jefferies in September but have to get a bus back to Gaillimh at 00.15 and the gig starts at 7.30/8.30.

Does anybody know how long a comedy gig in Vicar St. usually lasts? Heading up to see Jim Jefferies in September but have to get a bus back to Gaillimh at 00.15 and the gig starts at 7.30/8.30.

When I've gone, it's typically about 2 hours max. Most seem to do a set of 45 mins (be that them or a warm up), a 15 minute break, and then about an hour. But it really depends who you're going to really. Dara O Briain hits the two hours on the nail, but I know I went to see Neil Delamare once, and the show was only an hour and a half, and only about 35 minutes of it was him :P

So I got to bounc for a ryan sheridan gig last night. Up in front of the stage making sure no one came near him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

cena wrote: »
    So I got to bounc for a ryan sheridan gig last night. Up in front of the stage making sure no one came near him

I hope you provided F U's to anybody that tried.

Dancor wrote: »
    I hope you provided F U's to anybody that tried.

Not at all. They did what they were told, but I had loads trying to chat me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Man, the Brits are doing fabulous at the moment at the Olympics. Any chance we could get Gaelic games an Olympic sport (we'd maybe get a bronze there).

I love Jessica Ennis. Shame she'd probably destroy me with her abs :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Memorable Olympics night for sure.

I was Glad Ennis won, she was under huge pressure and really excelled despite it. I hope she gives the Hurdles a go, she keeps improving at them and no doubting she has the endurance to last a few more races.

A boy JohnJo Nevin. Class boxer and one medal in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah great win for Nevin. I was worried when he took that body shot but he recovered well.

It would be great if Annalise Murphy could get us a medal in the sailing tomorrow. She's been great so far. Hope Katie Taylor does the business too. She's taking on a hometown girl so I hope that isn't going to be a big factor.

Also pleased to see Bolt win tonight. Kinda hoped he'd go and do a world record though.

• Advertisement

Have a horrible feeling the judges might rob Katy for the home boxer tomorrow. Shell have to make sure and thoroughly outbox her to be sure to be sure.

The judging has been dodgy at the boxing alrite.
    Anybody watch the football this weekend, i'm bored to death of the 24x7 Olympic coverage at this stage.

Great win by Taylor today in the boxing

Demonoid has gone the way of Megaupload now :(

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Demonoid has gone the way of Megaupload now :(
    Just saw that, someone on facebook posted about it. I hadn't really used it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

In related news, and more importantly wrestling related, lets just say an overdue server bill has been paid. Sure some of you will know what I'm talking about ;)

Watching Burn Notice and "The Big Show" comes up in the credits. Wasn't expecting that...

I dunno what you're on about Charisteas! :confused: But in other news the website PWT is down for the time being, and XWT announced that PayPal froze their account - they're behind on their server payments and if they can't get the funds together they'll be offline soon.

Watched the first episode of The Newsroom with Jeff Daniels (Dumb and Dumber!) and Emily Mortimer (Rachel from Shutter Island). Intense, interesting, they set up the characters well but there are a ton of sweeping perfectly formulated diatribes every few minutes with the same characters that take it out of the realm of reality. But in generally, very well put together drama. Probably not for me though.

The opening jaw-dropping speech from Jeff Daniels saying America isn't #1 should be seen by everyone though.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I dunno what you're on about Charisteas! :confused: But in other news the website PWT is down for the time being, and XWT announced that PayPal froze their account - they're behind on their server payments and if they can't get the funds together they'll be offline soon.

I'd hazard a guess he is talking about one of those.

Every site that I keep a good ratio on keeps going :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement