Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

I am just annoyed I can't sleep. ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

sibby wrote: »
    How did one or two drinks after college turn into a night out?!!! This is why I never have money :/

Because it always seems like a good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Drank one too many vodkas last night. Not hungover just tired

Job interviewer told me last Friday that he'd get back to me on Monday. Still haven't heard anything. This waiting is just torture! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Aaaaaaand I'm back drinking again. Damn my fear of missing out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

The only reason I drink is because it's legal, easy to get a hold of and such a social thing. I actually hate the effect it has on me. Was a mess yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I didn't go out last night, and now I feel like I missed out on a lot, even though I know I didn't.

I didn't go out last night, and now I feel like I missed out on a lot, even though I know I didn't.

Nah, life is too short for FOMO.

I'm going to a con at the weekend, so it'll be good.

GO WORK GO WORK GO WORK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I had to google "FOMO".

No good punk kids...

i hope to god that doesnt go main stream. enough stupid words in the world

What ever it is probably gonna end up in Oxford dictionary if not already there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Work has sent me up the country for a week. Staying in a B + B. Get up every morning a fill my bowl of muesli and sit down with a coffee. Just as I finish up. B+B lady arrives out with a fry up and plops it down in front of me.
    four mornings, four fry ups. I god damn hate fry ups. Please just leave me enjoy my cereal and head to work. She dissappears into the kitchen before I get a chance to say anything. I feel so salty and greasy. Uggh.

And I thought I was the only one

Booked my bus to the airport. It should be a YAH, but I'm going to see my favourite band for the last time, so I'm calling it an argh.

Girl in one of my group projects has decided we've to do work on a project that's due the end of April tonight! Even though we've all got three other projects due before then! But she's going to get her way because she'll make life hell for everyone and sulk if she doesn't!! Why do I have to deal with people like this?!!!!!

How to forget about your ex.

Step 1. Ignore them, hide them
    Step 2. Forget about them
    Step 3. How to do step 2?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    :confused:

Ya like on facebook can put them into restricted or acquaintances and they no longer show up on your timeline

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You will never forget them. I still have flashbacks about girls I knew when I was 17/18/19. The memories don't really ever go away.

• Advertisement

I forget people easy enough. There are girls I was obsessed with at one stage and it's difficult for me to remember their face or voice now.

The voice thing has always struck me as odd.when people from your past get reduced to specific memories triggered by something in your day to day a song or whatever and you get flashes of memories. They can be so vivid. Yet if you try to remember that person as a whole or specific things about them.you can't

It's like you know they had a kickass laugh. But you can't for the life of you remember what it sounded like. Yet you hear someone on the street laugh the same. And boom in your head it's all those years ago again.

Managed to somehow end up sitting behind the ex while on the bus on a date!!!! I've never felt worse form my life!

Do people get tense when they see an ex? I don't know why. I know I do everytime their name popped up or I met them. I'm not setting out to make things awkward but others do which in turn makes everything awkward.

Feeling blue today started out lovely

Starting back at a job tomorrow. Can't sleep because I'm excited and nervous.

Exes **** up your feelings towards new people. This is something I've learned recently

Jhcx wrote: »
    Do people get tense when they see an ex? I don't know why. I know I do everytime their name popped up or I met them. I'm not setting out to make things awkward but others do which in turn makes everything awkward.

I know I do. I think it's because I was the one who broke up with them and I found it easier than them to deal with it and get over it so I feel guilty for doing that to them....if that makes sense!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Never been so mortified in my life in such an inappropriate manner, genuinely am fleeing my home because of it and have no definite plans of return x
    Love 2015 so much :)))))))

Parents walked in on you and the bf ehhh? :pac:

I wish...
    My college home tbh and it was more of.. Not quite sharing a secret but telling the drunken world something they didn't need to know.. Tbh it gets more ****ed up than that but too raw
    Currently waiting on a train xx

• Advertisement

My housemate's old roommate walked in on his girlfriend giving him a blowjob. Apparently he just said "okay" then closed the door and left. I'd have just went in and carried about my business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

deise_girl wrote: »
    I wish...
    My college home tbh and it was more of.. Not quite sharing a secret but telling the drunken world something they didn't need to know.. Tbh it gets more ****ed up than that but too raw

Maybe there's no need to flee? It can't possibly be that bad.. can it?

I wish...

Alcohol is the star of most of my self destructions too. Social or otherwise.

Theres nothing quite like morning after cringe.

I left the societies ball before 1. Am I too old to hack the sesh, or do I just have better things to do with my life? TBH the highlight of the night was singing Barbie Girl in the car home.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I have not had a good night out in so long, disaster really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Starting a 5000 word essay when I should be studying for exams...and going out tonight anyway, I'm a disaster!

• Advertisement

I brought the wrong laptop to Galway with me. So instead of my new laptop, y'know, the one I put €500 down for to get one with a decent processor, I'm stuck with my old one with a dual core pentium and 4GB ram. IT'S SO SLOW

Still waiting for an explanation/apology from the most embarrassing thing anyone has ever done to me

But it seems like Im not getting that :(

Still waiting for an explanation/apology from the most embarrassing thing anyone has ever done to me

Just burn down their house. It's the only way.

Just burn down their house. It's the only way.

I second that!

Because its my house too tbh

Nahh not to be overly bleak or dramatic but genuinely 2015 so far as been nothing short of a test like the things I have gone through I would have never thought in a million years Id have to face

Someone wake me up after January 6th next year :)

• Advertisement

Boys are confusing and annoying and I just want to punch someone/thing right now over this. Grr.

If you don't want to share that's fine but what happened?

thelad95 wrote: »
    If you don't want to share that's fine but what happened?

Best friend announced something v personal that Im quare self conscious about to a lot of people I dont really know.. Then indirectly but still knowingly did something quite strange that really wasnt fair on me...
    I fled, returned last night, nare an apology or explanation for it and am expected to live my life as normal

Nah
    Other things happened earlier this year but sure, why even get into those

Best friend announced something v personal that Im quare self conscious about to a lot of people I dont really know.. Then indirectly but still knowingly did something quite strange that really wasnt fair on me...
    I fled, returned last night, nare an apology or explanation for it and am expected to live my life as normal

Nah
    Other things happened earlier this year but sure, why even get into those

Was your friend drunk at the time? Sometimes I think people believe they can get away with doing or saying anything if they were under the influence. Obviously it doesn't actually work like that.

Confront dat bítch!
    thelad95 wrote: »
    Was your friend drunk at the time? Sometimes I think people believe they can get away with doing or saying anything if they were under the influence. Obviously it doesn't actually work like that.

I feel like though the apology wouldnt be as satisfying if I have to prompt it.. I was considering that myself

And yea she was drunk but she certainly wasnt at a stage where she had zero control over herself, like Ive seen her drunk enough times to know when she is/isnt at a stage where something like that could slip

I feel like though the apology wouldnt be as satisfying if I have to prompt it.. I was considering that myself

And yea she was drunk but she certainly wasnt at a stage where she had zero control over herself, like Ive seen her drunk enough times to know when she is/isnt at a stage where something like that could slip

Yeah I get you, if it's eating you up, you should confront her and let her know what the story is. As it is, she's probably not aware she hurt you.

Burn her room!!

No, but on a serious note that sucks, that's really bad form on her!! Hope you're ok Deise! Is she acting like nothing happened or is she avoiding you? Maybe she's being awkward and is afraid to apologise coz she knows she's in the wrong! You should definitely have a chat with her for the sake of your friendship!

If the thing she told everyone is something likely to cause you slagging The best thing to do is just completely own it. If you laugh along it'll grow boring for people.

definitely have a chat with her. If she did it spitefully have a little more than a chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ironically, the worst thing about the takeaway I got from a place that has "Kebab" in in its title last night was the actual kebab. It was delivered flat pack. Naan, meat, sauce and veg all in different containers.

Boo-urns.

Also, I just dialed 1741 for the first time since O2 became Three. The new voiceover lady is mean. I miss the old girl. She'd been telling me how to top up since I was 10. I want her back damn it!

I'm back on vodafone for the first time in forever. I HAVE THE OLD LADY BACK, COMPLETE WITH ALL THE DAMN ADS

• Advertisement
Advertisement