Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeper league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I can do it later tonight no problem. Cannot do it between Friday and Monday so those 4 nights definitely out

Lads,

I'm going to postpone.

At this point I don't think the keepers have saved either. A complete mess.

No worries mate I'm sure we're all more concerned about getting it right than rushing things if it's not working. You have a difficult job! I'm ok with postponement (just not over the weekend fri-mon)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'm really sorry about this lads. Yahoo seems to offer no flexibility and I left it too late.

I've reset to next Tuesday at 10 pm.

Apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I'm really sorry about this lads. Yahoo seems to offer no flexibility and I left it too late.

I've reset to next Tuesday at 10 pm.

Apologies
    No worries! Agree with 8-10 best to get it right...

This day/time is good for me.

The draft is reset to 10pm next Tuesday.

All keepers and NA has been saved as originally set as has the draft order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No worries, prob better for me anyway, more time for homework! I would have been fine with randomised draft.

If people haven't selected keepers then that is their choice. I have seen it in fantasy football too, some people want to go that way. I chose four keepers on purpose, I really don't have enough quality to keep any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Do we get to see each others keepers before hand, or is it just in the 30 minutes before draft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

NA keeper for Exiled Red Sox: Byron Buxton Min - OF

Can't seem to select my Keepers at the moment
    If I could , would be:
    Anthony Rizzo ChC - 1B
    Adam Jones Bal - OF
    George Springer Hou - OF
    Anthony Rendón Was - 2B,3B
    Matt Harvey NYM - SP
    Carlos González Col - OF

Just realised I missed the deadline by a week, my bad sorry guys was out of the country for last while and only catching up on everything today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭boccy23

I have just seen the keeper selections. Two teams have no keepers selected and one team has only chosen 4. I'm not sure if those managers simply didn't get a chance or this is their choice. I'm assuming this is their choice.

Those teams have the first fourteen picks of the draft before the remaining teams choose.

I think that information might influence how many players other teams would like to keep as they may have kept six on the premise that all teams would (or would at least keep four or five)

By keeping the full six they might feel they are at a disadvantage as they have kept lower ranked players and if they kept less they may now have a shot at higher ranked players.

I'll give everyone until 9.25 to PM me if they decide they want to change their keepers. I have to set the draft order asap.

Do we not get a chance to do this now?

Had I known that keeping 6 was not compulsory, then I would have reassessed. I tried to do that today, but I cannot change my keepers.

Draft is this evening!
    Nearly forgot!

• Advertisement

The keeper deadline has passed and after last Wednesday's mess I don't feel I'm in a position to change the keepers at this point. BigBadRob I'm afraid that you don't have any keepers - although you and one other team will have the first four rounds to yourselves. For some reason you may also find Yahoo has kept Adam Jones for you - the site is a complete mystery to me at this point.

Boccy, I tried to offer everyone this option at short notice last week and that's why I had to postpone as Yahoo won't let you change things within an hour of the draft. I don't intend to open this up again at this point.

To be honest the site is proving to be a nightmare to use. I forgot to include Archie Bradley as a kept NA player and I've been trying to amend that for the full week but it will not amend. I will remind people of this later on.

I attach the draft order and keepers. Where there's no player there's no keeper. Fingers crossed!!!!!

Best of luck to all!!!

Round 1
    1. Giancarlo Stanton  (Mia - OF) Judean Peopl...
    2. Carlos Gómez  (Mil - OF) RebelSox
    3. Golden Nuggets
    4. Max Scherzer  (Was - SP) Tolka Drakes
    5. Ryan Braun  (Mil - OF) Beechwood Ba...
    6. Exiled Red Sox
    7. Mike Trout  (LAA - OF) Eastside Fir...
    8. Andrew McCutchen  (Pit - OF) Artful Dodgers
    9. José Reyes  (Tor - SS) Homer's Homers
    10. Paul Goldschmidt  (Ari - 1B) K Kings
    Round 2
    1. Justin Upton  (SD - OF) K Kings
    2. Chris Davis  (Bal - 1B,3B) Homer's Homers
    3. Michael Brantley  (Cle - OF) Artful Dodgers
    4. Miguel Cabrera  (Det - 1B,3B) Eastside Fir...
    5. Exiled Red Sox
    6. Todd Frazier  (Cin - 1B,3B) Beechwood Ba...
    7. Corey Kluber  (Cle - SP) Tolka Drakes
    8. Golden Nuggets
    9. Jacoby Ellsbury  (NYY - OF) RebelSox
    10. José Abreu  (CWS - 1B) Judean Peopl...
    Round 3
    1. Yasiel Puig  (LAD - OF) Judean Peopl...
    2. Buster Posey  (SF - C,1B) RebelSox
    3. Golden Nuggets
    4. Tyson Ross  (SD - SP) Tolka Drakes
    5. Stephen Strasburg  (Was - SP) Beechwood Ba...
    6. Exiled Red Sox
    7. José Bautista  (Tor - 1B,OF) Eastside Fir...
    8. Josh Donaldson  (Tor - 3B) Artful Dodgers
    9. Clayton Kershaw  (LAD - SP) Homer's Homers
    10. David Ortiz  (Bos - 1B) K Kings
    Round 4
    1. Yoenis Céspedes  (Det - OF) K Kings
    2. Jon Lester  (ChC - SP) Homer's Homers
    3. Ian Desmond  (Was - SS) Artful Dodgers
    4. José Altuve  (Hou - 2B) Eastside Fir...
    5. Exiled Red Sox
    6. Zack Greinke  (LAD - SP) Beechwood Ba...
    7. Héctor Rondón  (ChC - RP) Tolka Drakes
    8. Golden Nuggets
    9. Chris Sale  (CWS - SP) RebelSox
    10. Troy Tulowitzki  (Col - SS) Judean Peopl...
    Round 5
    1. Bryce Harper  (Was - OF) Judean Peopl...
    2. Julio Teherán  (Atl - SP) RebelSox
    3. Golden Nuggets
    4. Rick Porcello  (Bos - SP) Tolka Drakes
    5. Cole Hamels  (Phi - SP) Beechwood Ba...
    6. Exiled Red Sox
    7. Freddie Freeman  (Atl - 1B) Eastside Fir...
    8. Prince Fielder  (Tex - 1B) Artful Dodgers
    9. Homer's Homers
    10. Víctor Martínez  (Det - 1B) K Kings
    Round 6
    1. Félix Hernández  (Sea - SP) K Kings
    2. Homer's Homers
    3. Madison Bumgarner  (SF - SP) Artful Dodgers
    4. Johnny Cueto  (Cin - SP) Eastside Fir...
    5. Exiled Red Sox
    6. James Shields  (SD - SP) Beechwood Ba...
    7. Jenrry Mejía  (NYM - SP,RP) Tolka Drakes
    8. Golden Nuggets
    9. Dellin Betances  (NYY - RP) RebelSox
    10. Adrián González  (LAD - 1B) Judean Peopl...

Major props to bit of red72 for the draft last night, went very smoothly and N/A players and blank keepers all worked seemlessly, glad we took the time to postpone and get it right.

I'm pretty satisfied with my draft, if not exactly 'happy'. Screwed myself over in mistakingly clicking to take Zack Wheeler instead of Jose Quintana in round 19. I had Wheeler 1 spot above Quintana when I originally did my Starting Pitcher rankings but never removed him when he went down injured. So when the round came around I was hesitating and I was thinking I should definitely take Quintana but couldn't remember why (blanked on Zack's injury). In the end I said I'd trust my rankings because of the work I'd put into it and realised straight away and was raging with myself. Quintana got taken 2 picks later :(

But whatever. My pitching sucks so I'll likely stream anyway due to the depth of the Free Agent pool.

As a former commish, I echo that sentiment. The draft is a real pain in the derriere.

I had to draft on my iPhone so I ended up with a very different team than I intended. I have a load of power and basically a punt on BA and OBP. No idea how my pitching will work out but have 4 closers. Likely not to go well.

8-10 wrote: »
    Major props to bit of red72 for the draft last night, went very smoothly and N/A players and blank keepers all worked seemlessly, glad we took the time to postpone and get it right.
    I second this. Draft went very smoothly from my side and the fixing of N/A was exactly how we envisaged it. We should definitely keep this going forward.

Looking to the start of the season and the marathon that follows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Hey guys,

Don't really have any interest in playing beyond this year.

I have half-decent team and am happy enough with them, but not really invested in it at all because they're not "my guys" and that was what attracted me to play in the keeper league in the first place. I realise that it is completely my own fault that I didn't get my keepers in on time, so not complaining, just letting you guys know.

Will play out the year so I don't mess up the league for everyone else, or leave sooner if a replacement can be found.

Sorry,

Rob

Hey guys,

I have half-decent team and am happy enough with them, but not really invested in it at all because they're not "my guys" and that was what attracted me to play in the keeper league in the first place. I realise that it is completely my own fault that I didn't get my keepers in on time, so not complaining, just letting you guys know.
    Rob

You had picks in the first 6 rounds though? Your 6 keepers that you wanted were:

Anthony Rizzo (you got to keep him)
    Adam Jones (you missed out)
    Anthony Rendon (you got to keep him)
    Carlos Gonzalez (you got to keep him)
    George Springer (you chose to take Hanley Ramirez ahead of him while he was still available)
    Matt Harvey (you chose not to take him and he went in Round 7)

So the only Keeper you missed out on was Adam Jones, but instead you got Encarnacion, I'd argue very little between those players but fair enough he was 'yours'. I'd try and do a straight trade with the current manager of Jones if he's willing to swap for Encarnacion?

The NA player you wanted to keep was Buxton - he's still available on waivers right now so I'd go grab him.

Just pointing it out as I was also disappointed with my draft but I don't think all is lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Hey guys,

Will play out the year so I don't mess up the league for everyone else, or leave sooner if a replacement can be found.

Sounds like we need a new manager ASAP.

Not really sure I understand this post, about not being "invested" in the league even though you actually got a lot of your desired keepers. If you have a half-decent team then there is no reason not to want to play the season out. We would have to wonder why you agreed to play this year in the first place.....

Leave this with me lads. BigBadRob had flagged some time ago he didn't think he had the time he felt he needed to play in the league but after a think he changed his mind. To be honest I half cajoled him into it as I wanted him to stay with us if he could.

We've chatted off line and I've offered his place to one of the lads who had expressed an interest. It's a small enough league so we do need/want everyone to be active.

According to the post draft rankings he has the best team!!

Someone needs to drop Archie Bradley for me.
    He was my NA player. Went in today to add him and Eastside Fireballers has added him.
    Can he please be dropped so that I can add him. It was clearly highlighted on here that I was keeping him as my carry over NA.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Someone needs to drop Archie Bradley for me.
    He was my NA player. Went in today to add him and Eastside Fireballers has added him.
    Can he please be dropped so that I can add him. It was clearly highlighted on here that I was keeping him as my carry over NA.
    Okay, I picked him up because he wasn't drafted. My understanding was that the NA players were supposed to be picked up in the last round of the draft if not already set. I was keeping an eye on things and didn't pick him or Buxton in the draft for that reason ;-) When he wasn't picked I assumed he was fair game.

But fair enough you had indicated before the deadline that you wanted to keep him so I can drop him. This picking and setting of NA players is a learning process for us all...

Right lads,
    first things first. We have a new owner for BigBadRob's team so that's sorted.

Boccy, on the Archie Bradley thing, the general idea was that you would pick up the NA player in the last round which you would have done automatically if I had managed to get the site to do it. Coeus has been very obliging here so I've no real issue in moving him to your team (I was able to move players around last year so I know i can do that!). You have a full roster though so you need to PM me with the player you want to draft to clear space for Bradley. He's NA so you can move him to that spot and pick someone else up.

Coeus, if you want me to pick someone up for you, please PM me as well and that's no trouble.

Coeus, if you want me to pick someone up for you, please PM me as well and that's no trouble.
    No all is good and Bradley is back on the waiver wire. I had actually logged on this morning to pick up a reliever but Bradley was top of the adds list and has too much upside to pass on :)

Good to hear we have a new manager aswell!

Cheers lads. I was drafting on my mobile on Tuesday night and it died at the 24th round. I actually thought that was the last round! So apologies from my side and thanks to Coues.

You can replace Bradley with Adam Eaton please.

Boccy, Bradley will come off waivers in a couple of days so you can pick him up then. He's not on an active roster so there's no impact.

Thanks lads. Just did it there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Hey lads, haven't posted in this thread in a while (edit: a long time!). I've been keeping my team going via the site only. I decided not to keep anyone for the draft year to mix up my team a bit. Part of the fun of fantasy for me is sculpting the team so I said I'd start fresh! I'm liking that decision so far anyway. Always nice to be able to look out for some new faces when you check box scores the next morning.

Best of luck to everyone for the year ahead, it's great that this league has stayed steady.

Week One brings a 10 -2 defeat at the hands of Homers. That burst the new season bubble fairly quickly.

Early days but looks like it's going to be a long summer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Week One brings a 10 -2 defeat at the hands of Homers. That burst the new season bubble fairly quickly.

Early days but looks like it's going to be a long summer!!

Be grand.

• Advertisement

I'm amazed that Kluber was available off waivers in the past week. 30 K's in last 2 outings!

Amazing alright. I picked him up off waivers in the non-keeper league but didn't even see him in this league.
    Someone must have bailed very early on him.

Jaysus the league is tight this year!

Jaysus the league is tight this year!
    Yes, everyone is beating everyone. 1.5 games between 5 teams after 9 weeks is as you say tight!

Last week I was hit with 18 home runs by Fireballers.
    This week through 2 days, JPF has hit 8 home runs.
    On Monday I was 3/32. Amazing lack of production.

I seem to have stopped getting emails from Yahoo to notify me of trade offers, rejections etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Advertisement

I seem to have stopped getting emails from Yahoo to notify me of trade offers, rejections etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    No, I got the trade you had accepted earlier. Interesting trade, I would think the first its kind in this league...

Coeus wrote: »
    No, I got the trade you had accepted earlier. Interesting trade, I would think the first its kind in this league...

Was it accepted?
    I got no mail to say it was!

Was it accepted?
    I got no mail to say it was!
    Yes, I got an email anyway. I can't remember if the trading partners get one but I think there is a setting to enable/disable this...

Talk about backing into the playoffs. 1-11 this week.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Talk about backing into the playoffs. 1-11 this week.

And to the last placed team (me!). Shame on you!

That was one tough season for me. Strong last week though.

• Advertisement

Boccy,
    this is beginning to look a bit like last year for you! 4th in regular season followed by a really strong play offs; leading to .....

I think it's tighter than the score looks at the minute but Homer needs a big weekend. It's fun to watch - although I'd rather be playing!

A tough season this one for my Dodgers. Never really got out of the blocks and apart from a few nice weeks felt like the roster under- performed across the board. All the teams were very competitive this year which I thought was great.

My offense has picked this week to completely shut down. Been really really strong offensively all year and I'm probably going to lose this week because of it.

I am happy to be competitive this week. Have been brutal for the last few weeks and was very lucky to make the playoffs.

Enjoyed this year as each team was well run. There was a lack of trading which might be as people were happy with their teams. Not sure why this was.

My offense has picked this week to completely shut down. Been really really strong offensively all year and I'm probably going to lose this week because of it.
    Yes, a had a few weeks like that during the season.

This week I might be ahead going into the weekend but most likely the pitching cats will be split so you only need to win 3 batting cats since you hold the tie break. I certainly ain't counting my chickens, I have lost a few playoff matches over the seasons on the final day...

Final set against JPF. Could be a first time winner on JPF or the first back-to-back since Henry Le Cheat won the first two years.
    With a lot of teams clinching, it's going to be hard to monitor who will be in and who's sitting.

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes, a had a few weeks like that during the season.

This week I might be ahead going into the weekend but most likely the pitching cats will be split so you only need to win 3 batting cats since you hold the tie break. I certainly ain't counting my chickens, I have lost a few playoff matches over the seasons on the final day...

You were very unlucky, really came down to the wire - I really didn't expect that

You were very unlucky, really came down to the wire - I really didn't expect that
    Hey, I'm not surprised. I've been in enough of these match ups to know they can be close ;) I was in London for the match yesterday so only seen the good news this morning. Best of luck in the final :)

EDIT: Looks like Khris Davis made the diff for you. My batting was awful yest...

question guys, i lost in a semi final matchup in a different Yahoo league.
    final score was 6-6.
    How would they decide the winner?

Your friendly local commissioner here.

I'm not sure how that league works but if you go into the league section, there's a tab over on the right that gives the playoff tie-breaker. Ours is - Best regular season record vs opponent wins- so there's benefit in those weekly wins.

I won a play off in a different league on a similar basis last week which felt a bit off to be honest.

This whole H2H thing is a bit mad though. This part of the season is completely random as players rest, games don't count for anything and pitchers are worn out. Naturally that's when you have to have the play offs!

question guys, i lost in a semi final matchup in a different Yahoo league.
    final score was 6-6.
    How would they decide the winner?

Mike's Magicians?

• Advertisement
Advertisement