Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

One thing I'm not sure of is the touch sensitive keys instead of software buttons on the screen.

Seems like it would work better with soft keys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

MoodeRator wrote: »
    One S now on O2
    €449 Pre Pay
    €129 on cheapest contract.

But this ****e...
    "Includes 700MB monthly data allowance for the first 3 months. Reverts back to 150MB after this time."

They either have the name wrong or the details wrong cos it mentions 4.7" screen in the description. I suspect it's the description though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Thank you Expansys.ie and DHL. My One X made it from France overnight to Dublin and is out for delivery now!

Have to get a micro-sim now.

The One X will replace my Desire which has served me very well - after rooting, over-clocking and installing Cyanogen Mod 7 that is. Seriously, the ability to run a custom rom is what has made it last 18 months.

I'm sticking with HTC because they committed to making their phones (relatively) easy to root.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scurran19

Its on sale on the meteor site now but down as out of stock. €559 on PAYG and €149 on the most expensive bill pay and €299 on the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Will be interesting to see users thoughts/reviews over the next few days. Have decided to go with the S myself, battery life looks to be less on the X which is still my biggest issue with the smartphones. Will get to carphonewarehouse over the weekend to try them both in hand though

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Was considering buying it unlocked and to go with Three for all you can eat data, had a look at their terms and conditions, think that deal ends this month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

scurran19 wrote: »
    €559 on PAYG and €149 on the most expensive bill pay and €299 on the cheapest.

€598 from the UK seems to be the best price online right now for a sim-free one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/BRAND-NEW-SIM-FREE-FACTORY-UNLOCKED-HTC-ONE-X-ANDROID-WHITE-SMARTPHONE-/130673508339?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item1e6cbf7ff3

Me, I'm still holding out for the Zeta - Christmas 2022 they reckon :p

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_zeta-4333.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

looks like the One S may be the bizz according to a benchmark dual off!

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-x-vs-htc-one-s-benchmarking-war-03221385/

Only downside I see is lack of NFC in the One S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

tui0hcg wrote: »
    looks like the One S may be the bizz according to a benchmark dual off!

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-one-x-vs-htc-one-s-benchmarking-war-03221385/

Only downside I see is lack of NFC in the One S

Better screen > slightly better benchmarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Also the One X has to push twice as many pixels, so in any Benchmark that uses fps as a metric you would expect to see it slower than the One S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Inquitus wrote: »
    Also the One X has to push twice as many pixels, so in any Benchmark that uses fps as a metric you would expect to see it slower than the One S.

Yes but for a mid range phone with a great screen it kicks ass :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I cant find the One X on the Vodafone website,can someone point me

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Saw non working models of both. X is too big, for my small fingers anyways. Touching the left part of screen up near top impossible for me with one hand. Then again what do you you do with only one hand bar make a phone call I suppose.

Think the S would have been a real beauty if it didn't have the 3 buttons on bottom, get rid of them, shrink phone by that much and I'd have bought one there and then!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The S had pretty much the same sized screen as my sensation - and its way way thinner, but it's also a fair bit longer. So the phone is kinda letterbox shaped, and because of this is makes the screen look a log longer and thinner than normal - looks a bit odd really. I think the X is fine for me, its big but not too big - being thinner and lighter than the Sensation means its a winner for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Yes but for a mid range phone with a great screen it kicks ass :cool:

Aye its a sweet phone if the One X is too big for your tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

I have a chance to get the one s tomorrow as a new customer with o2 and they will take the sensation as a trade so phone will cost nothing and 18mth plan with a 1gb add on about 42 euro.Should i wait for the one x which vodafone have offered me on upgrade for 299!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ofcork wrote: »
    I have a chance to get the one s tomorrow as a new customer with o2 and they will take the sensation as a trade so phone will cost nothing and 18mth plan with a 1gb add on about 42 euro.Should i wait for the one x which vodafone have offered me on upgrade for 299!

Doesn't sound like they're doing you any favours there. Surely with selling the sensation privately, coupled with the 299 you'd be willing to pay, you'd be close to cost of an unlocked x - in a month or so when the price drops - and avoid having to sign a contract.

Have to go to o2 coz it gets the best reception at work anyway,just wondering should i wait for the one x or get the s now,personally i think the vodafone upgrade cost is very high after paying a minimum 47euro for the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Did O2 say when they would have the one x?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

srdb20 wrote: »
    Did O2 say when they would have the one x?

Not yet. Beating round the bush as usual.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why would they release one model and not the other? Seems odd.

Any idea how much of a difference in price there will be between the S and the X, roughly? sim Free / Contract?

Zascar wrote: »
    Why would they release one model and not the other? Seems odd.

Any idea how much of a difference in price there will be between the S and the X, roughly? sim Free / Contract?
    Guy in the o2 store in cork didn't know the s was coming in and doesn't know when the x is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If I upgrade, it'd be the X. Personally speaking, the screen on the S looks kinda disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

My vodafone one x arrived this morning. Very impressed with the screen.

the phone itself is not a whole lot bigger than my sensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

farreca wrote: »
    My vodafone one x arrived this morning. Very impressed with the screen.

the phone itself is not a whole lot bigger than my sensation.

Nice, am Jealous, any chance you could give us a battery report in a few days time after some real world usage?
    Online reviews are one thing but it's better to get a report from someone who uses the phone in the real world :cool:

Thanks in advance

+100 - I'd really be interested to hear how it is going. I'm just not sure if I can bring myself to get another smartphone with rubbish battery - especially one where you cannot take out and replace the battery. Having two batteries with my Sensation is the only way i get by...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Will do. The battery is the only real reservation I had about ordering it, here's hoping it exceeds my expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I use the Battery Defender App on my SG1. I find it makes a huge difference.
    It'll probably be one of the first things I install on the One X when I get my hands on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

This must be one of the worst product launches of all time.
    According to HTC Ireland on facebook, the One X is being launched in store today, yet I have rang vodafone and three store in my nearest town only to be told that they do not have them in stock. Three even told me that it would probably be next Wednesday before they have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Just got a call of Vodafone in Henry street. They have the grey One X in stock today

According to HTC Ireland on facebook, the One X is being launched in store today, yet I have rang vodafone and three store in my nearest town only to be told that they do not have them in stock. Three even told me that it would probably be next Wednesday before they have them.

It's on sale on the Three website, and I ordered one over the phone.
    Is ordering online/over the phone an option for you? I think they often have stock on the websites before the shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It's on sale on the Three website, and I ordered one over the phone.
    Is ordering online/over the phone an option for you? I think they often have stock on the websites before the shops.

WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THIS!!!!
    /empties wallet

No...no...must resist.........

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

Vodafone in the Blanchardstown Center had the one X last night. O2 shop has the one S from today, quoted two weeks for the one x, CPW never heard of it!

WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THIS!!!!
    /empties wallet

No...no...must resist.........
    The Classic Flex Max plan, €40.66 per month (I'm paying €30 odd a month for the same plan sim-free at the minute, so €10 extra), 24 month contract, phone is free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭SteM

The Classic Flex Max plan, €40.66 per month (I'm paying €30 odd a month for the same plan sim-free at the minute, so €10 extra), 24 month contract, phone is free...

Do Three still allow tethering from their phones does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Any of the networks selling it sim free / unlocked?

SteM wrote: »
    Do Three still allow tethering from their phones does anyone know?

Not so far as I'm aware:
    if you joined on Billpay before January, you'll be allowed to tether using 'All You Can Eat' data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Its up for sale now and available to buy on meteor now

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/htc-one-x

Doubt ill get it for the weekend now though.. :(

• Advertisement

I just purchased from 3. Hopefully will have it on Tuesday.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd love one of these :(

That's the problem with smartphones though, every few months there is a new 'best and greatest'. I'm still happy enough with my Galaxy Nexus though, but I do want this as well. I'm sure I'll live and get some beast in about 12-18 months anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I just purchased from 3. Hopefully will have it on Tuesday.

Are there deliveries tomorrow? I ordered mine this morning.

I just received confirmation email from 3.

Mobile Phone Orders:
    Orders confirmed before 4pm Mon – Thur: Delivery next day.
    Orders confirmed after 4pm: Delivery will be within 2 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I got the One X on an upgrade in Vodafone Grafton Street this morning

The phone is quite light and the screen is excellent

The phone came with a seperate pair of Beats earphones as well as the standard HTC earphones in the box

I tried to buy the phone in CPW but they aren't selling it yet. In Henry St, I was told that it must be a Vodafone exclusive and that they wouldn't be getting it in. In North Earl St and Grafton St, I was told that it was on the system, but there was no stock and the price wasn't yet on the system.

I'll post again later when I get a chance to play with the phone for a while

Got a confirmation mail from Three about an hour ago to say mine had been dispatched, and I'd imagine that the courier companies are working tomorrow alright, so should have it tomorrow. Failing that, it's a long wait till Tuesday!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

I'm holding out for the One S but One X available on eMobile now:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/details/?id=143

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd love one of these :(

That's the problem with smartphones though, every few months there is a new 'best and greatest'. I'm still happy enough with my Galaxy Nexus though, but I do want this as well. I'm sure I'll live and get some beast in about 12-18 months anyhow.

Exact same here dude :-)

Bought the s today as a new customer of o2,got 110 euro for a sensation so phone cost 18 euro:) on the 250 plan,trying to set it up now but looking good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ofcork wrote: »
    Bought the s today as a new customer of o2,got 110 euro for a sensation so phone cost 18 euro:) on the 250 plan,trying to set it up now but looking good so far.

Did you trade your sensation in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

here is the best tmobile can offer me

£60 for the device,

18m flex35 unlimited internet(more or less same contract im on now).

good?

• Advertisement
Advertisement