Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

bnt wrote: »
    - A bit of circularity: the crossbow that Tyrion used to kill Tywin was made for Joffrey: crossbows normally require great strength to cock, but this one had that handle to make it easy for someone of limited strength. Such as Joffrey, who used it to torture and kill Ros when he found out she was an informant for Varys. Or Tyrion.

Not necessarily Joffrey's, the lever was a standard accessory to a crossbow even in real life, it's called a goat's foot. It meant it could be cocked without standing and putting your foot in the stirrup.

We saw Sam using one in ep.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's a good interview with Maisie Williams on the HBO site, that goes in to detail on Arya's relationship with the Hound and the last scenes with him.

I liked this bit from the script direction:
    Arya smiles. She likes this weirdo. Brienne smiles. She likes this weirdo.
    So what happened? Brienne mentioned Jamie Lannister, which offended both Arya and the Hound, and that was that.

PS: the director made a point of showing us that The Hound had a compound fracture of the femur: that is not something you can just patch up yourself. Unless he gets some expert medical assistance by nightfall, he's bird food.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john987098

] on the HBO site, that goes in to detail on Arya's relationship with the Hound and the last scenes with him.

I liked this bit from the script direction:

So what happened? Brienne mentioned Jamie Lannister, which offended both Arya and the Hound, and that was that.

PS: the director made a point of showing us that The Hound had a compound fracture of the femur: that is not something you can just patch up yourself. Unless he gets some expert medical assistance by nightfall, he's bird food.[/quote]

Is there any spoilers for future seasons in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

bnt wrote: »

The Lannisters have been directly responsible for decimating the Stark family. Arya's not going to entrust herself into Brienne's hands if she's working for the Lannisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

john987098 wrote: »
    Is there any spoilers for future seasons in the interview?

No its clean..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Lannisters have been directly responsible for decimating the Stark family. Arya's not going to entrust herself into Brienne's hands if she's working for the Lannisters.
    Oh, I know - the point is that they could have been friends, but one mention of the L-word, and it was like flicking a switch. Brienne has no loyalty to the Lannisters, and Arya didn't know about the rifts in the famlily, or that her mother had freed Jamie to try and get her back.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Holidays from work the last 2 weeks and have had a chance to watch season 1-4 again over a few days. Have to say, enjoyed it far more the second time when i understood all the different references and characters. Id say GOT is a show best watched in bulk tbh.

On season 4, I know character killings are par for the course but disappointed if Tywin and The Hound are indeed dead. With Ygritte you felt it was the end of the storyline, even Joffrey to an extent although possibly slightly premature.

Surely they couldnt kill Tywin off in that manner haha? Most powerful man in Westeros FFS. The Hound has been a great character - great one-liners, doesnt care.

Also have to say the Bran storyline annoyed me alot less when I watched it in bulk as opposed to once a week for some reason. Even kinda liked the Samwell Tarley arc.........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Santi101 wrote: »
    Holidays from work the last 2 weeks and have had a chance to watch season 1-4 again over a few days. Have to say, enjoyed it far more the second time when i understood all the different references and characters. Id say GOT is a show best watched in bulk tbh.

On season 4, I know character killings are par for the course but disappointed if Tywin and The Hound are indeed dead. With Ygritte you felt it was the end of the storyline, even Joffrey to an extent although possibly slightly premature.

Surely they couldnt kill Tywin off in that manner haha? Most powerful man in Westeros FFS. The Hound has been a great character - great one-liners, doesnt care.

Also have to say the Bran storyline annoyed me alot less when I watched it in bulk as opposed to once a week for some reason. Even kinda liked the Samwell Tarley arc.........:pac:

Twin is definitely dead, we saw him die. Took the second arrow to the heart and keeled over dead. Definitely felt like an end and resolution of a story line too between Tywin and Tyrion.

The Hound I'd say he's dead. His wounds were pretty severe. Ya never know but I'd be surprised if he wasn't dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's surprising alright but when you think about it, they still have a lot of characters they can develop. Asha, Gendry, Roose Bolton, Bolton's bastard and probably a dozen others (no spoilers, I haven't read the books).

It really feels like when they kill off central characters, you question where they'll go now. But it already happened with the Starks and Winterfell so I'd say we'll be grand.

Charles Dance really played a blinder though, my whole life I never liked him in anything as an actor but I thought he was excellent in the role of Tywin.

Yep, exceptional performance from Charles Dance. Built for the role.

Just a shame that we lost some fantastic characters this season in The Hound, Tywin, Joffrey. Ned was a shock at the time but as for Robb and Catelynn Stark, the Red Wedding was fantastic but I felt no real attachment to either.

On the flipside it pushes the story on somewhat as Tywin was the power of the Lannisters.

Wonder where Arya can go from here too - have a feeling she may cross paths with Dany in the future.

And the two dirtiest players in the game cannot be underestimated - Varys and Baelish.

All shaping up very well.

• Advertisement

Someone also needs to stick a knife into Pycelle....didnt realise how much he annoyed me until i watched it back a second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

When is the new season airing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

When is the new season airing?

March/April 2015

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Gahhhhhh can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Santi101 wrote: »
    Someone also needs to stick a knife into Pycelle....didnt realise how much he annoyed me until i watched it back a second time.

Brilliant deleted scene here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

duploelabs wrote: »
    Brilliant deleted scene here

Seems Pycelle is more savvy than he let's on..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Finally got to watch GOT and binged on all 4 seasons for the last month or so.

Great show.

One small question about the season 4 finale. At the end where Varyss took Tyrion. Did the box go on the boat or did he sit on the quayside with the box? I couldn't quite make that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

It went on the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    It went on the boat.

So that means that Varyss has left Kings Landing?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

boccy23 wrote: »
    So that means that Varyss has left Kings Landing?

Yep, he was staying, then the bell/alarm started going off and he changed his mind and got on the boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Fitness Motivation

Hey Guys,

I am really excited about season five, I haven't read the books so for me everything comes as a surprise, wasn't so happy about red wedding but it was compelling TV. I wont cry too many tears over Joffrey but man was he a good villian.

What do ye think season five will bring?

I think Khaleesi will definitely feature a lot more but hope she doesn't die, wonder is there any chance of her and john snow getting together :)

Love tyrion so I am hoping he stays until the end....

For those of you who have had to wait ten months like myself, I saw this less than 3 min recap of season 4 on facebook that might refresh your minds..

https:// www. facebook. com/pages/Game-of-Thrones-Season-5/363484503836982?fref=nf

hope this helps :)

ps had to put a few spaces in link because i am a relatively new user

Advertisement