Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Does anyone know if they tell you at the interview where they will be placing you? If not and you sign the contract, how long do you have to wait until you find out where your going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Siobh78

Hi all!

I have an interview in Limerick on Thursday aswel, kinda anxious about what yo expect!!

It'd be great if the people who have their interviews early in the week could post a little about the experience!

Best of luck to everyone with their interviews!

Thanks! 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 newgrad2012

RWNS wrote: »
    I suppose that's why they forward you the contract prior to the interview so you can contemplate and make a decision beforehand.

Also, Ive heard that they ask you where you would like to be placed but pending on availability you might not get where you want.. Ie. Dubai, Abu daubi are most sought.

Best of luck in interview!

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?![/Quote]

I've mine too! Limerick yeah? Nervous times... Haha

LadyLorr20 wrote: »
    Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?!

I've mine too! Limerick yeah? Nervous times... Haha[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just doing some prep work now. I'm sure it will be fine though. Best of luck! Would love to hear how everyone gets on!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RWNS

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Interview tomorrow so I guess I will find out everything then. How did yours go? Any tips?![/Quote]

Hey, hope interview went well, mines not till Thursday so any tips your way would be brill!

Yeah the interview was actually grand. Absolutely no need to be nervous or anxious! Its in a group setting and he will just ask you the standard questions about college, why you want to do this etc. Also make sure you read some of the literature they have sent out - the general guidelines on the website as he might ask about the points system etc but no need to be learning anything off!

Have a look into where exactly you would like to be placed as you will be given the option to discuss this at the end of the interview. You are given the option to sign the contract straight away but if you need some time to think about it then there is absolutely no pressure to do so and you can sleep on it. Its a big decision so you might want to have another think about it if you are having any doubts!

Best of luck with it. Would love to hear how ye all get on and where everyone is jetting off to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bluebee

Hi guys,

I was just wondering has everyone going for an interview sent on a video cv? I've a face to face interview next Tuesday and I'm undecided about doing one, a bit nervous about it for some reason!

Also I'm thinking about asking to be placed in Sharjah, anyone any experience there? Or Muscat?

Cheers!

Had my interview today! It is quite informal so no need 2 be nervous! Just think about where you want to go first as this will be one of the questions you'll be asked! I got offered my first choice which is Abu Dhabi today and accepted :-) Good luck to all of you with interviews :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Hi so is it all a group interview or do they take people in seperately then too? how long does the interview last? mine is at 8.30 in the morning.thanks :)

Some people go in seperately. Since yours is so early it will probably be just you. It will probably last about 30-45 mins. Good Luck :)

I got offered a job, but I decided to take 24 hrs to decide. How do I go about accepting the contract then? I can't make it down to Limerick again today?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭M442

Had the interview today!!! It was strange, it was informal in a group setting, nothing to worry about. I got Sharjah!!!

Hey! The group interview is totally informal! Nothing to worry about very basic questions!

I got a place in the Dubai school secondary teaching, anyone else on this going there??

Congrats to all, I got Abu daubi any one else heading there? I delighted as i wanted either there or Dubai!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Hey! I have an interview with them this Sunday in Dublin. What sort of questions do you get asked? Also, just wondering what people got offered money wise? Do you think it's enough? I'm earning a fair bit more even after tax here so that's the only thing I'm slightly worried about but maybe I'm worrying over nothing!!

Yeah u think the money is poor alright but I think if u want the experience of traveling it'll be enough to let u do that! (hopefully) u certainly won't be making ur fortune there!

They asked questions Like how would u prepare to teach the lesson ur given, why u want to teach there, what would make u a good applicant. Really that's all they asked in my interview anyway! It was pretty short! The questions are very basic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Yeah, you're right. I'll still definitely go for it but I was just hoping to save a bit when I was over there, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world or anything close!!

Thanks for the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Hey all.
    I've an interview with ADEC on Saturday. It says they might ask how you'd teach an outcome based lesson. Does anyone have any good info on the outcome based approach that they'd like to share. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Hi all just wondering if someone would be able to tell me the remuneration package offered, are flights and accommodation included and what is the monthly salary?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Is it possible to get work with just a degree I am finished a humanities course focusing on Religion and English. I have done teaching placement for two years so I would have experience in the classroom.

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering if someone would be able to tell me the remuneration package offered, are flights and accommodation included and what is the monthly salary?
    Cheers
    Hey as far as I know flights (but not at christmas) and accomadation are included, so are other utilities. The pay is 1,500 euro a month, and you are paid for a year even though you would be finished in June. Hope this helps.

scoopmine wrote: »
    Is it possible to get work with just a degree I am finished a humanities course focusing on Religion and English. I have done teaching placement for two years so I would have experience in the classroom.
    It seems al you have to have is a bachelors degree. Teaching experience is not even essential.

Hey everyone! For all those people who have already been offered a place in August, did you just sign the contract and is it now just a matter of waiting for flight details? I have been offered a place in Abu Dhabi but don't know what school or anything like that, does anybody know if we find out before we go over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ruth199

I am a UCD student and I have my face to face interview in Dublin tomorrow. If successful I hope to go to either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Any thoughts on which would be best? Anyone going there in August?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kitty111

Hey, I'm have had my face-to-face interview for a teaching position with sabis. They said that they cannot guarantee a location until 4-6 weeks of signing the contract, however no specific location is stated in the contract. I am worried as to what may happen if I go over and they place me in a school that was not agreed on. Does anyone know when you will definitely know where you are going?? Kinda disappointed because I had stated my preferences long ago and just made a long trip for this interview only to confirm nothing :(

ruth199 wrote: »

I am a UCD student and I have my face to face interview in Dublin tomorrow. If successful I hope to go to either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Any thoughts on which would be best? Anyone going there in August?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Ruth
    Just had mine today, and as far as I know they cannot confirm where you are going until you sign the contract. did they tell you that you will definitely get either of those???

kitty111 wrote: »
    Just had mine today, and as far as I know they cannot confirm where you are going until you sign the contract. did they tell you that you will definitely get either of those???

Nope they didn't but I thought you could tell them where u wanted to go before u sign the contract? How was the interview? Is there anything out of the ordinary they ask you?

kitty111 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm have had my face-to-face interview for a teaching position with sabis. They said that they cannot guarantee a location until 4-6 weeks of signing the contract, however no specific location is stated in the contract. I am worried as to what may happen if I go over and they place me in a school that was not agreed on. Does anyone know when you will definitely know where you are going?? Kinda disappointed because I had stated my preferences long ago and just made a long trip for this interview only to confirm nothing :(

Hi did they give you an idea where you would be placed & if it would definately be in the UAE or could it be anywhere? did you sign the contract?

Katy_B wrote: »
    Hi did they give you an idea where you would be placed & if it would definately be in the UAE or could it be anywhere? did you sign the contract?

Yea I am wondering the same before my interview tomorrow as I think I would only like Abu Dhabi and Dubai? Katy B do you have an interview too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Is this all from applying to Sabis or is there another recruitment agency involved ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Is this all from applying to Sabis or is there another recruitment agency involved ?

I applied with SABIS anyway and I am guessing most have since interviews for it are in Dublin this week

ruth199 wrote: »
    Yea I am wondering the same before my interview tomorrow as I think I would only like Abu Dhabi and Dubai? Katy B do you have an interview too?
    Hi, yeah had interview on sunday and got offered a job :D Was just told that I would be placed in UAE but not sure where yet although I'd really like Abu Dhabi too.

Katy_B wrote: »
    Hi, yeah had interview on sunday and got offered a job :D Was just told that I would be placed in UAE but not sure where yet although I'd really like Abu Dhabi too.

Ah brilliant well done and did you sign your contract there and then? How long until you find out where you have been placd?

I had my interview yesterday, it went really well and I was offered my first place which was Sharjah so I signed on the spot! I'm so excited:) Well done everyone!!

bluebee wrote: »
    I had my interview yesterday, it went really well and I was offered my first place which was Sharjah so I signed on the spot! I'm so excited:) Well done everyone!!
    Yeah somebody else is going to Sharjah!!!
    Well done.

M442 wrote: »
    Yeah somebody else is going to Sharjah!!!
    Well done.

Woo! What class/subject will you be teaching if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a kindergarten class, which I am delighted about.

bluebee wrote: »
    Woo! What class/subject will you be teaching if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a kindergarten class, which I am delighted about.
    I don't actually know yet, but he said it would be young children so I'm hoping for kindergarten too!!!

Does anyone who has signed the contract know when we will hear anything else about the job e.g. what school we will be placed in, when we will get flight details etc.? Forgot to ask them at interview.....

M442 wrote: »
    I don't actually know yet, but he said it would be young children so I'm hoping for kindergarten too!!!

They said to me that they had more kindergarten places than other positions so hopefully you will! I think we get a classroom assistant for the little ones which will be nice:)

Afordy- I think they said four to six weeks but I'm not quite sure. they said to keep posted for email notification though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adlima

Hey guys. I'm currently out in the gulf working for the company. Some people don't find out where they will be going until a month or two before they leave, others find out straight away. Its depends on the position. There are a lot of schools out here and they are big. It's difficult to get a place in Dubai or Abu dhabi, even if you put them as your choice. Everyone wants to go there. Best of luck to everyone who's heading over for September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 458

Hi

Did anyone have an interview and take 24 hours to think about the job? When you replied to them, did they acknowledge your e-mail? I took the 24 hours thinking time. I sent them a mail saying I'd take the job, but there wasn't any acknowledgement from them that they received it.

adlima wrote: »
    Hey guys. I'm currently out in the gulf working for the company. Some people don't find out where they will be going until a month or two before they leave, others find out straight away. Its depends on the position. There are a lot of schools out here and they are big. It's difficult to get a place in Dubai or Abu dhabi, even if you put them as your choice. Everyone wants to go there. Best of luck to everyone who's heading over for September.

Hi Adlima, what school are you working in? and how long are you working there? are you enjoying the work and life over there in the gulf? I ended up declining because I didn't realise that they can't guarantee a school so I was a little apprehensive about that. Also, a couple of my friends applied too and they said at the start they'd keep us together but then later on said they couldn't guarantee that. Anyways, I think it's probably not for me yet as I am just finishing college but I would defo keep it in mind sometime down the line. I'd love to hear about your experience with the company SABIS!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redstrips

Firstly, I'm delighted for all of you that had your interviews and got offered places!

I myself am left very confused.......I got an email at the start of March saying they would be in contact over next few weeks about interview in Ireland. (I had passed telephone interview just before Xmas) But never heard anything for an interview, am quite disappointed! I sent away the garda data protection thing and reference checks were all done ect. Hmmmmmmm! Only thing, I didn't do the you tube video, perhaps this was my downfall! Has the above happened to anybody else? Or anybody else know any public schools in Dubai I could apply to? Apparently, you get paid better in them and better conditions???? :0

Redstrips wrote: »

Firstly, I'm delighted for all of you that had your interviews and got offered places!

I myself am left very confused.......I got an email at the start of March saying they would be in contact over next few weeks about interview in Ireland. (I had passed telephone interview just before Xmas) But never heard anything for an interview, am quite disappointed! I sent away the garda data protection thing and reference checks were all done ect. Hmmmmmmm! Only thing, I didn't do the you tube video, perhaps this was my downfall! Has the above happened to anybody else? Or anybody else know any public schools in Dubai I could apply to? Apparently, you get paid better in them and better conditions???? :0

There's a thread in this forum about the Al-Najah private school in Abu Dhabi. Perhaps you could ring them and see if they're doing interviews. I'm not sure about Dubai. They said the competition for positions in the Choueifat schools in Dubai was strong and that there were a lot of applicants this year.

I didn't do the video CV myself I have to say. They never asked me to do it. I was in the same position as yourself a few weeks ago, I had heard the interviews had started, so I contacted them to see what the status of my application was. It would be no harm to follow it up. At least they can give you a clear answer as to where you stand. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mishmish1

Redstrips wrote: »

I'm in the same boat. Completed application, phone interview, police check, references etc. Was told should expect face to face interview in March so was panicked to see they'd gone ahead without me. Anyway contacted SABIs offices to see what the story was. Was assured that if I was told I'd get interview, it would happen. Something about conducting the interviews in phases. I don't know, tbh have my doubts but there's hope in that.

Anyone Have any idea what the next stage in the process is after u get offered a job? Anything u can do on ur side to make the visa operation go quicker? Going away for a month during the summer so would love to get organised now!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alia89

Hey everyone,

Any London applicants heard anything about interviews in London? Still anxiously waiting to hear back from them..

Siobh78 wrote: »
    Anyone Have any idea what the next stage in the process is after u get offered a job? Anything u can do on ur side to make the visa operation go quicker? Going away for a month during the summer so would love to get organised now!

I think, for the next stage, we get contacted directly by the school that we will be going to. At least that's what they said to me. I counted six weeks from the end of March so it's in late April. If you're going away before that, maybe you should contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Redstrips

Mishmish1 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Completed application, phone interview, police check, references etc. Was told should expect face to face interview in March so was panicked to see they'd gone ahead without me. Anyway contacted SABIs offices to see what the story was. Was assured that if I was told I'd get interview, it would happen. Something about conducting the interviews in phases. I don't know, tbh have my doubts but there's hope in that.

Thanks Mishmish for your reply....Just wondering did you email or call them? I've emailed them twice and no reply, was thinking of calling them tomorrow.