Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow? It tends to be mostly scientific, even with the metahumans. I doubt they will have Thea die but I'm hoping Merlyn is killed avenging the attack on her.

Ray "Atom" is too like Felicity. He is becoming a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Ray "Atom" is too like Felicity. He is becoming a bit annoying.

Never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow? It tends to be mostly scientific, even with the metahumans.

They jumped that shark when Ras explained how he was several hundred years old. Any semblance of realism is gone, I think they realise it's gone so the original idea of "no superpowers" went with it. It makes no sense to have a spinoff like the flash with all these kooky abilities and have crossovers without acknowledging it. :)

I think you guys are right about Thea and the Lazarus pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Isn't the lazarus pit a bit too fantastical for arrow?

Fantastical or not, the pit has already been introduced, so it will very probably come into play now given what has just happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I did not think that they had killed Roy. But Thea being killed was a surprise. Even at that I would not be surprised if they brought her back some way. I think the biggest problem with Arrow now is they seem to be afraid to Kill a character off. They Killed Oliver and then brought him back now Roy the same and maybe the same with Thea too.
    Its a pity as Arrow in season 1 and 2 was an excellent show but I think they are now trying to do too much at the one time. I really don,t like how Captain stuck up has turned out ie Laurals Father.
    As for Felicity being annoying no way I could watch her all day.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The pit is in Ras's plans hence the whole he'll beg me line. Well that's what I got from it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭squonk

That episode was quite a shock. For a while it made convoluted sense. Several episodes of a lead up to Oliver being sidelined so that the Atom could finally get his crime fighting career under way. I was impressed up til then. I thought it made a good bit of sense.

Barry being too busy with Wells? They kind of resolved that last Flash episode to the point where it is just going to be an ongoing thing. He's the flash so can get places quickly and would have dealith with the vilain of the week in no time. That whole premise to make him unavailable was just shaky.

Even when Arrow has people rallying round to help him out he's still a dick. I know Ray is like a big child but a few quiet words might have been better than the equivalent of "I'm the Arrow and I do this all the time! I'm brilliant! You're starting out! You're obviously gonna be shít! I better do it all for you!".

I think the show jumped the shark for me when Ras turned up hell bend on having Ollie become the new Ras Al Goul. It's a bit like Tim Cook showing up at my desk telling me he'd chosen me to head up Apple after he retires on Monday. Ollie isn't remotely qualified to head up the league of assassins. I just don't know why this doesn't make sense to the writers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

squonk wrote: »
    I think the show jumped the shark for me when Ras turned up hell bend on having Ollie become the new Ras Al Goul. It's a bit like Tim Cook showing up at my desk telling me he'd chosen me to head up Apple after he retires on Monday. Ollie isn't remotely qualified to head up the league of assassins. I just don't know why this doesn't make sense to the writers!

There's that phrase been thrown around again... As Inigo Montoya might say, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." ;)

If the rest of the season involved Arrow going into space and fighting space aliens who threaten the existence of the human race, that would be jumping the shark. Ra's Al Ghul showing up, not so much...

There's that phrase been thrown around again... As Inigo Montoya might say, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means." ;)

If the rest of the season involved Arrow going into space and fighting space aliens who threaten the existence of the human race, that would be jumping the shark. Ra's Al Ghul showing up, not so much...

At it's most basic, jumping the shark refers to silliness. Because that's what the fonz jumping sharks was....silly. And a magic pool that can revive the dead in a show that was originally grounded in reality.....is silly. There is no getting around that.

Now some might argue it's canon and they would be right but it's still silly. Men who can burn people by looking at them is silly. Just because they aren't going to space doesn't mean its not silly.

Personally, I'm fine with it because as I previously said you cant have a show like the Flash be a companion show and do crossovers while not acknowledging the meta humans and the fanciful parts of the show.

• Advertisement

Ras selecting Ollie as the new Demon's head and Laurel taking a few boxing lessons and suiting up as a crime fighter are both undeniably silly though!

Any more silly than Olly's magic medicine that cures everything? Or miricuru?
    This show has never been realistic ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Ras selecting Ollie as the new Demon's head and Laurel taking a few boxing lessons and suiting up as a crime fighter are both undeniably silly though!
    theyve kinda shoehorned themselves into a corner with the ras story, its not like the league of assassins is going anywhere, and ras is adamant that ollie must take his place, i cant see how this is gonna change, unless malcolm challenges ras and beats him, and then becomes the demons head in the process,

the laurel fighting thing was a bit sad, is season 1 she was a bit of butt-kicker already, she didnt suit up but i do recall her taking down one or two perps when the need arose, yet somehow she forgot that and had to go a train again like its something completely alien to her,

once you accept the inconsistency youll enjoy the show much more:)

I agree that Arrow has some silly elements but so far is hasn't had a device that could bring someone back from the dead or extend life. It seems likely that Thea will be bought back and so this could be used for any other character that looks like dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Thea not dead yet, that's what I took from the end of that episode.

Thinking Ras will bait Oliver with the Lazarus pool to accept the position as Demons Head.

We saw a lot of Ray this episode and to be honest, I just wanted to punch him in the face, very, very annoying character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very good episode, if not a little predictable. :)

It would have been a decent season finale, but there are still 3 episodes to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    Very good episode, if not a little predictable. :)

It would have been a decent season finale, but there are still 3 episodes to go.

Totally agree on it being good enough for a season finale. Spoiler for next week
    We finally see the new canary cry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

I loved Arrow season 1 and 2 but this season is really annoying. It reminds me of the bad years of smallville and how I felt they wrote the show for teenagers...

I wish Thea was dead... there, i said it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I wish they'd killed Laurel in the first season, she drives me mad

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I wish they'd killed Laurel in the first season, she drives me mad

I feel shes been a lot more tolerable lately. They made her less whiney and it makes a difference. Whiney Laurel is just the worst....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Felicity should wear her hair down more often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm a couple of episodes behind, so maybe laurel has improved.
    But, she can't fight. Oliver is constantly having to rescue her.
    But my new annoying person is the captain

Ms

I actually did think that Thea was dead at the end of the last episode but also thought they would bring her back. Tonights episode was ok but nothing great. Fair play to Felicity but she should have used a double or treble dose on him lol then it might have worked. Still would have ended up not being able to get out do. Id say Olivers friend in that place might be the solution to him getting away from there. Will not say how yet as there is clearly some people that have not seen tonights episode yet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That episode really felt like a season finale! Would have been a great season finale. Great cliffhanger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

AMKC wrote: »
    I actually did think that Thea was dead at the end of the last episode but also thought they would bring her back. Tonights episode was ok but nothing great. Fair play to Felicity but she should have used a double or treble dose on him lol then it might have worked. Still would have ended up not being able to get out do. Id say Olivers friend in that place might be the solution to him getting away from there. Will not say how yet as there is clearly some people that have not seen tonights episode yet.

Is it possible that Oliver can renounce being the leader & give it to Ras aul Ghaul instead as she always wanted it & Ras was too sexist to give it to her ;)

Is it possible that Oliver can renounce being the leader & give it to Ras aul Ghaul instead as she always wanted it & Ras was too sexist to give it to her ;)

Im going to assume you are referring to his daughter, Nyssa. Possible alright, but my gut says she will be staying on the show as a regular next season. Id guess at Maseo ending up as the head of the demon in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

AMKC wrote: »

Once it's aired you can talk about anything that happened in it. Don't mind anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Anyone think Malcolm could somehow step in as the next Ras

sioda wrote: »
    Anyone think Malcolm could somehow step in as the next Ras
    he was his right hand man at one stage, so probably was being groomed to be the next demons head, maseo is ras current right hand man, but i think hes simply filling a vacancy till an appropriate candidate could be found, and seeing as oliver survived ras sword that means hes the only person worth of taking the position,

so malcolm would also have to survive ras sword to take the position, thats what i meant earlier saying they kinda backed themselves into a corner with this story, that the solution is gonna be extremely forced and very unbelievable,

its good to see the rest of them trying to help oliver, but i thought it was weird that laurel didnt know anything was happening at all, i wonder when well get to see her new toy
    cisco gave her,

Glad there's 3 episodes left, looking forward to seeing where they go with the LOA storyline.

I think either Nyssa or Malcolm will step in at the last minute, kill Ras and ascend to be the next Demons Head, Oliver will step aside, but his initiation process will have affected him deeply in someway, all that talk of "Stripping away Oliver Queen" has me thinking he'll come back a different man...

By that logic though, Thea has also survived Ras' sword! That'd make her eligible as well!

The whole thing is bunkum I think. Having the League as a force that showed up from time to time would have been OK. Tieing Team Arrow to the League though is a little stupid and a bit like writing yourself into a corner.

Ras beat Ollie one handed. He survived because his buddy resucitated him. They could have just as easilly thrown him into the Lazarus pit. Ras just seems to have decided that Ollie is the man. In a universe where dead isn't permanent, it's a bit strange to decide that the next Ras is the guy who defied it.

At this point even Malcolm loks like a more worthy Ras replacement than Ollie. They should have saves this episode for the finalé. It was a perfect point to end the season. They could easilly have thrown in one or two filler episodes and pushed the last three episodes out I feel. Anything else now has to be an anti-climax.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I was thinking he could do something like that but give it to the lad who helped them get out. But giving it to her makes even more sense as she clearly wants it. Not sure if that other fellow does.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

but you have to remember becoming Ras Al Goul isnt something that you train for and get, it has to be faith and some kind of mystical predestination thing that make you the demons head, so not just anyone thats been the league 2 years is qualified to do,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Kirby wrote: »
    Im going to assume you are referring to his daughter, Nyssa. Possible alright, but my gut says she will be staying on the show as a regular next season. Id guess at Maseo ending up as the head of the demon in the end.

Yeah, I was meaning to say Nyssa, but instead i said her Aul Fella :o it was in my head to say it, but typed out that instead :P
    You could be right, as she's too good to miss & could become a silent ally for Oliver?

I'm not too familiar with the comic book material but when Ra's al Ghul was referring to his son and daughter does that mean that Talia doesn't exist in the Arrowverse, and who is the son he is referring to? Is he dead?

I'm not too familiar with the comic book material but when Ra's al Ghul was referring to his son and daughter does that mean that Talia doesn't exist in the Arrowverse, and who is the son he is referring to? Is he dead?

I think he is talking about the family he left before becoming Ra's. I don't think Talia is going to be in Arrow verse at all only nyssa. He told Oliver he has lived for a long time so the son is probably dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Though the story is taking turns we might not have expected, I find it funny that every other week the Flash is telling us where it will go next. We know by the end of the season Ollie is back to his senses, if he had lost them at all; they like to pull the whole 'ha-ha it was a trick' thing on CW. We know now that he is destined to be Green Arrow eventually too. I really think this whole season has been about that duality, the line from Ep1, 'a man cannot live by two names'. I think it has been all about turning him into the Green Arrow. As they said, from killer to vigilante, from vigilante to hero, and from hero to something else.

I thought Green Arrow was Arrow as he is now. Did they not just drop the Green from the show title as Arrow sounded snappier?

I thought Green Arrow was Arrow as he is now. Did they not just drop the Green from the show title as Arrow sounded snappier?

Nope. The characters are actually rather far apart. Latest Flash kind of spoils that he will be known as Green Arrow 9 years in the future too.

So that promo for next week; Katana is finally in costume.

Great episode and cool how they changed the opening. From what Ra'As said to Oliver it looks like
    Damien Darhk is with HIVE and is next season's big bad
    plus from the promo for next week
    we finally see Tatsu as Katana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Really good episode but I'm finding it a little hard to believe Oliver completely forgot who he is after 3 weeks of torture and training. It took him 5 years to come to the position where he is now emotionally, seems like the change to evil Oliver, could have happened over a midseason break, make the timeframe more believable

Although I still find it hard to believe laurel is in any way a competent fighter

I agree, and for that reason I believe it will be another one of their extreme suspension of disbelief moments where they turn around in the end and tell us it was all part of Oliver's plan all along. It wouldn't be the first time. And what other options have they really left themselves? We see Oliver as a good guy again in the Flash finale, a week after the Arrow finale. In the Arrow finale they apparently will introduce Dark in a big way for next season while also resolving in someway the showdown to come, and I don't see any other way to do this other than Oliver is faking. Plus every character makes a big deal several times how they don't believe he has truly changed.

Either that or Dark shows up, kills R'as, take the bio-weapon, and then next season is Oliver trying to use the League to stop him. From what R'as has told us of Dark funnily enough, he sounds more like the Liam Neeson R'as.

I'm going to hold my hand up here, I've only watched up to ep. 8 of the Flash, and if I hadn't read it here about Laurel getting the Caneries Cry or whatever its called, I'd have been a bit confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Oh no. First it was Thea then Laurel and now I am even starting to find Felicity annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh no. First it was Thea then Laurel and now I am even starting to find Felicity annoying

Get out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The only character I truly look forward to seeing onscreen anymore is Nyssa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flash and Arrow spinoff
    The CW's The Flash and Arrow spinoff will not battle it out in pilot season like other new orders and will instead go straight to series when it debuts in January, according to star Victor Garber.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s246/the-flash/news/a645374/victor-garber-reveals-the-cws-flash-and-arrow-spinoff-will-go-straight-to-series.html#~pbz1UNFXiSHgoQ

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Link not working I'm afraid

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's also reported a 3-minute teaser will be released May 14th at the CW's Upfronts presentation.

Also should a new thread be started to discuss the show instead of using the Arrow and Flash threads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Deadshot being killed off, supposedly because of Will Smith's Deadshot and seeing the Suicide Squad pic today, I was wondering will they also write Katana out of Arrow or just not refer to her as Katana?

• Advertisement
Advertisement