Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dreamland4321

An Citeog wrote: »
    Think it's around October 20th with 1 day the week before for IT training possibly.

Oh okay thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I haven't got a Job yet so what happens if I don't get one before lectures start? Do I just apply again next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Ya can do up to cap 2 without experience

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Anyone sitting the Cap 2 FR introductary exam on Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Aine20 wrote: »
    Anyone sitting the Cap 2 FR introductary exam on Wednesday?

I am (I hope!).. I still haven't got notification of my exemptions, even though I know I'm entitled to full CAP1. I signed up for the assessment but I don't have a student number yet and my CAI registration has been delayed because of the exemptions - so I hope I don't get turned away now when I show up to the RDS Wednesday evening! I'll be ringing the institute first thing tomorrow.

Going to have to sit down this evening now and refresh my double entry knowledge.

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    I am (I hope!).. I still haven't got notification of my exemptions, even though I know I'm entitled to full CAP1. I signed up for the assessment but I don't have a student number yet and my CAI registration has been delayed because of the exemptions - so I hope I don't get turned away now when I show up to the RDS Wednesday evening! I'll be ringing the institute first thing tomorrow.

Going to have to sit down this evening now and refresh my double entry knowledge.

Im sure theyl let you sit it if you were contacted about sitting it.. If your registered for it they shouldnt turn you away. Iv received my exemptions but I definitely need to try brush up on mine before Wednesday seems like forever since I last looked at anything like that. Hope its not too hard

Aine20 wrote: »
    Im sure theyl let you sit it if you were contacted about sitting it.. If your registered for it they shouldnt turn you away. Iv received my exemptions but I definitely need to try brush up on mine before Wednesday seems like forever since I last looked at anything like that. Hope its not too hard

Have you had a look at the past / sample papers? They don't look too bad but will definitely require some study!

jubella wrote: »
    Have you had a look at the past / sample papers? They don't look too bad but will definitely require some study!

I printed the one I could find online off but honestky havnt had a chance to look at it. I will tomorrow though and hopefully some of it will come back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 9 killarney09

How good a chance would you have in the milkround interviews with a 2.1 and 8 months experience in a top 10 firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How good a chance would you have in the milkround interviews with a 2.1 and 8 months experience in a top 10 firm?

Quite good id say but don't take anything for granted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Well the assessment wasn't exactly friendly was it?! Time was an issue but I felt the questions asked were all of the hardest standard they could think of too. There were no questions that I would have considered easy...and it made a mockery of the previous year's paper in my opinion!

Obrieski wrote: »
    Well the assessment wasn't exactly friendly was it?! Time was an issue but I felt the questions asked were all of the hardest standard they could think of too. There were no questions that I would have considered easy...and it made a mockery of the previous year's paper in my opinion!

Found it so difficult. In compared to the previous year it was awfully hard. Bit unfair as we only had the standard of the previous year to go on which was no where near as hard. And I also hadnt enough time

Yeah I didn't have enough time either. Made some silly mistakes too because I was rushing. I'm actually embarrassed that my manager is going to get my paper. :(

In fairness though it was a bit of a kick in the bum that I probably needed. I know now that I need to work really really hard if I want to pass the real exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Hi guys,

I'm considering applying for some of the Big4 Milk rounds this month and my situation is quite different to most applicants who would be final year students so would appreciate some input / advice.

My background is that I'm 27 (which is obviously a lot older than recent grads). Law degree and Masters in Law, QFA qualified and 2+years legal experience. I'm considering qualifying in tax so this seems like a good starting point to apply.

Anyway, I suppose I'm just interested to hear on what my chances of interviews/success would be for someone with my background bearing in mind my age/educational background and experience and that I don't have any business/accounting/tax experience. I certainly don't fit the average mould for these roles!

Would really appreciate any thoughts/advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Im curious if there is more international travel opportunities with big 4 over big 10 or below and would some of the big 4 have more international travel opportunities than the other for auditing for example?

How doe auditors travel? is it mostly by car? I would assume so but if im not mistaken all of the big 4 are based in large office buildings which dont seem to have parking faculties.

Im just wondering as if i choose industry audit over financial services, am i likely to eventually end up in gridlock traffic each day trying to get to an audit should the day come that i become a senior auditor.

What would be the pay difference between the big four and a top ten firm like baker tilly or RSM?

What would be the pay difference between the big four and a top ten firm like baker tilly or RSM?

During training I dont think there is much difference in pay but more so a difference in amount of study leave and exam support you get.. Most big 4s start at around 21500 with no masters im not sure about the other too 10s but cant see it being much different

Anyone have any examples of answers to some of the application questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ffoxylady

Anyone have any examples of answers to some of the application questions?

Which q's are ya looking for examples to?

Imagine you are working at PwC;
    Who is your ideal client?
    What commercial / industry issues are affecting this client in the current business environment?

Striving for excellence through working as part of successful teams is key to our work. Please describe a group activity you have been involved in where you have contributed to the team success. Your example should include details of the activity, key objectives, individual contribution, challenges faced and overall outcome.

Please provide us with your understanding of the work undertaken in your chosen line of service and why you believe you will be successful in your chosen field.

Why do you want to work for KPMG? What has prompted you to apply for this position? Please list in your answer experiences or people who have influenced you in making your decision.

That's just a few above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

Mgrad.ie is an essential resource for the Big 4 applications.
    Should have what you're looking for!

Advertisement