Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was an improvement so far over S1. There was genuinely a sense of weirdness there and it did feel more 'Stephen King'. Thumbs up so far. Didn't spot King's cameo. Where/when?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

In the diner - he asked Angie for coffee.

Good episode - didn't expect the two big deaths that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Hope we dont have yo hear about propane this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Thought it was an excellent episode - really enjoyed it. Another WTF moment when
    the car crushed Linda to death - she was a great character. Maybe the dome will bring her back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

^ Or maybe they just listened to fans criticism? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Really enjoyed this episode. A massive improvement on Season 1. I actually cheered when
    Linda died

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Thought it was an excellent episode - really enjoyed it. Another WTF moment when
    the car crushed Linda to death - she was a great character. Maybe the dome will bring her back

Haha what? is that sarcasm? She was easily the worst character and an awful actor. They obviously did listen to fan criticism and said, right lets get rid of her sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Maybe I need to get out more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It was an improvement all right though. I don't mind shows not being exactly like the book but I really wish they had made it more mature and darker, like I don't hate Big Jim and Jr. nearly as much as I hated their book characters, now those were some loathsome bastards with big jim being up there as one of the best king has ever created.

My brain did get up and walk at the end though saying "you're on your own now pal" when they showed
    Jr.'s mum alive and well
    :D

Also I can't stand Eddie Cahill :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bit sad Angie was killed off, good looking lass. They didn't take long to kill off that cop, I lol'd

• Advertisement

So the consensus is that series two is off to a good start? Have to say that series 1 really did nothing for me, it had a few good ideas in play but they went nowhere and most of the characters acted like idiots far too often. Were it not for the fact that this is on during the summer, I really don't think I'd even bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So are RTE going to be keeping up with the US pace for this. They're running a double bill next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I felt the last two episodes or so of the first season really did intrigue me enough to keep watching the second season. A solid start to the second season so far. My only problem with it is that there are so many characters flip-flopping around about which side they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

"Shut up and be dead, I'm busy"

Outstanding stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not liking that teacher. She seemed to go from potential Barbie interest to siding with big Jim.

The teacher makes no sense. They're under a dome in a small area. If she was that hacked off about what was going on you'd thik we'd have seen her before now. I don't think it's one of those shows that they can easily bring in new characters as they wish. They need to decide whether the dome, and Chesters Mills is a small area or somewhere quite large.

The whole scene with the townsfolk and Jim duringthe euology was cringeworthy. They all deserve to be anhilated if they are sheep like that. I thought the writing there could have been better.

Yeah the eulogy was a bit bit much "We're here to mourn the loss of Angie. We will do so until her brother arrives, at which point we'll change it into a political speech"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The writing is absolutely shocking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I watched the first ep of S2 and seen it was pretty much more of the same.....slightly edgier. So I went on with the second epsiode.
    Good jaysus, so difficult to watch.

Time to get the book instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I didn't think it was too bad, but bear in mind I watched the latest episode of falling skies before it :)

The old religious guy is a good actor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

they're getting of the hot women in the show. I'm against this new development!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm much preferring this series to the first one. Whereas season one seemed to focus on finding out what the dome wanted from it's 'chosen ones', this season seems much darker and more apocalyptic in tone. Linda being killed off in the first episode certainly helped too ;)

Great to see Dwight Yoakam appearing - I haven't seen him in an acting role since Panic Room. He does creepy so well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

I'm much preferring this series to the first one. Whereas season one seemed to focus on finding out what the dome wanted from it's 'chosen ones', this season seems much darker and more apocalyptic in tone. Linda being killed off in the first episode certainly helped too ;)

Great to see Dwight Yoakam appearing - I haven't seen him in an acting role since Panic Room. He does creepy so well!

Reason I've checked out, Dark Crystal...

Between this and The Leftovers and The Last Ship I'm a little bit concerned (and disinterested :D ) in what I think may be some proselytizing from some networks...

That sh!t will keep me awake longer that an episode of The Strain:eek:

;)

Even if she is much older than him, I still think Joe would be upgrading going with Melanie.

I think it's a bad idea to have that bit at the beginning about "2 weeks ago..." because knowing it's only 2 weeks makes all the relationships and reactions seem stupid or over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Can't maintain an interest in season 2. I read the book so I suppose that's why the TV show is such a letdown - the book actually has laugh out loud moments. This is just drab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I can't say I'm impressed, characters are swinging all over the place - Barbie from a do-gooder to "let's hear the psycho teacher who wants to kill 25% of the population out". Joe goes from wanting to put a bullet in Melanie to liking her. Junior just annoys the sh1te out of me. At least Hank, sorry, Big Jim is somewhat consistent in being a power-hungry ruthless mofo (the almost-hanging-himself bit notwithstanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

That teacher has to be one of the worst conceived characters in television. This is a teacher, someone who has dedicated their life to looking after kids, caring for them, passing on knowledge. Yet this nut case seems to have no problem in implementing a mass eugenics program including killing of a newborn. If there was an argument for it, perhaps don't kill off the future generation. But again its getting back to the fact that she has no problem releasing a massive virus.

She is a Science teacher, yet she never considered that a flu virus could mutate and also assumes it would just kill of a quarter of the population. Everyone would be infected, she assume the weakest will die off...well inside the Dome I assume medical supplies are very low or running out, a mass flu outbreak would be deadly and kill off a lot more.

And her character is only one of the more annoying things in the last few episodes. Dead girl from the past...meh, junior's mother the prophet...meh, Tag from friends being the killer, meh.

After the first episode I was positive and had hope for the season. Now I'm not so sure. The introduction of the teacher was a bit stupid but it wouldn't be so bad if she was wheeled on and off for a while until she established herself but, no, now she's gone from being (apparently) one of the silent, unseen majority to a front and center mover and shaker. She's quite annoying and it's a bit much tbh. I'm not buying the #running out of resources' story either. It's not surprising seeing as they've suddenly reopened the café and are scoffing coffee and pies and anything else they can get their hands on. They could introduce rationing at this stage. I'm sure there'd be a bit of resistance but it's better than genocide surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not liking that teacher. She seemed to go from potential Barbie interest to siding with big Jim.

I prefer even Linda over Rebecca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The dialogue in this show is it's only saving grace - it's just hilarious. I've heard the book is actually not too bad, I wonder where it went wrong. At least they revealed more about the mystery of the egg in the last episode.

Advertisement