Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wouldn't this thread be better off in the X-Box Forum?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Please keep the discussion on topic, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ems_medic wrote: »
    In fairness this isn't limited to MS. Sony done worse making a massive big deal about your friends being able to play Farcry 4 even if they dont own the game and hyped it to hell.

The end result was 10 , 2 hour trial keys for you to give your friends. More of a misrepresentation than MS tried IMO

Not really the same thing though is it ? One tried to pass off a game as exclusively on xbox, while the other did no such thing... I thought it was pretty clear what sony where offering with the Farcry thing, not for a second did I think it was anything other than free share passes.

(I miss the xbox/ps4 thread... plzzzzz bring it back :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Just got email from amazon that my preorder for tomb raider has been cancelled. In fact I preordered 6 copies (just to make total cancellation number larger) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well we've gotten by for 30 years without it on consoles so i'd say we'll manage :rolleyes:

You can rolleyes all you like but 30 years ago gaming was a lot different to what it is now including buying and playing patterns :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    Not really the same thing though is it ? One tried to pass off a game as exclusively on xbox, while the other did no such thing... I thought it was pretty clear what sony where offering with the Farcry thing, not for a second did I think it was anything other than free share passes.

(I miss the xbox/ps4 thread... plzzzzz bring it back :D).

Like I said both Sony and MS are guilty of that one (few e3 announcements from Sony)

Anyways back on topic has it been confirmed that the next TR is timed exclusive or is it that the IP is exclusive for the next game release which is what I've been hearing in press circles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I like ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

So we all get to play this, awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,852 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like ham

Well he was a cool character
    Vep11j.jpg

Otacon wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed yet, but a limit is inevitable. They are hardly going to allow people to share games indefinitely.

60mins in total I think and another complete misrepresentation by Sony to boot

www .eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-15-playstation-4s-share-play-feature-limited-to-60-minute-sessions

There is no game sharing or "share play". It is basically remote desktop viewing and while your "sharing" with your friend, you yourself cannot play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is thread about Tomb Raider?

60mins in total I think and another complete misrepresentation by Sony to boot

www .eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-15-playstation-4s-share-play-feature-limited-to-60-minute-sessions

There is no game sharing or "share play". It is basically remote desktop viewing and while your "sharing" with your friend, you yourself cannot play

It's not really a misrepresentation as Sony and any developer would want something in place to make sure that gamers didn't just invite a friend to play the game and then head out while their friend played the game for free. All the 60 minute limit means is that once an hour you'll have to re-invite your friend to play, hardly all that much of an inconvenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is thread about Tomb Raider?

Yes, so what they are talking about some limit of shared gameplay, 60 minutes isn't bad, considering that with Rise of the Tomb Raider it is going to be 0 minutes.

But we all know Uncharted is going to be much better than Rise of the Tomb Raider so the loss doesn't hurt so much .. It would be different if xbox one owners would play it and we would have dark screen to look at (like they do as we play The Last of Us and they .. ehm .. what do they play at the moment?)

It's not really a misrepresentation as Sony and any developer would want something in place to make sure that gamers didn't just invite a friend to play the game and then head out while their friend played the game for free. All the 60 minute limit means is that once an hour you'll have to re-invite your friend to play, hardly all that much of an inconvenience.

Well we will have to agree to disagree giving the fact that you cant actually play with your friend at the same time and all you can do is watch him play the game for 60 mins and then reinvite him so you can watch another 60 mins of them play the game.

Wouldnt be my cup of tea but each to their own and definitely not how they presented it at Gamescom

Well we will have to agree to disagree giving the fact that you cant actually play with your friend at the same time and all you can do is watch him play the game for 60 mins and then reinvite him so you can watch another 60 mins of them play the game.

Wouldnt be my cup of tea but each to their own and definitely not how they presented it at Gamescom

The playing with a friend is a different thing entirely. Far Cry 4 is the first that will allow gamers to invite friends who don't own the game to play co-op. What this is, is an option for gamers to allow friends to play any title at all that they own and their friend doesn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Final warning, folks, please keep this thread for discussion about the game itself. Any subsequent off-topic posts will be deleted.

If you wish to discuss features of any of the consoles, please use the relevant console forums.

Anyway, getting back to on topic discussion does anyone know if Tomb Raider is going to have full co-op or will it just be the same as last time with multiplayer pvp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would hope they don't waste any resources on MP at all this time.

Definitely won't be co-op anyway. They already have a tomb raider game for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

interesting development today,

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be Published by Microsoft

Its looking like this will be exclusive to Xbox One and not just a timed exclusive.

Apparently Microsoft have funded a vast amount of the development costs for this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-will-be-published-by-micro/1100-6424104/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

interesting development today,

Rise of the Tomb Raider will be Published by Microsoft

Its looking like this will be exclusive to Xbox One and not just a timed exclusive.

Apparently Microsoft have funded a vast amount of the development costs for this game.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-will-be-published-by-micro/1100-6424104/

How did you get that conclusion from the article ? It doesn't mention anything about funding ?

The deal has a duration...
    Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration, but we aren’t discussing those details at this time and are focused on collaborating to deliver a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,”
    a Square Enix representative told us via email. For those of you on PC and PlayStation systems, your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on.

If the duration was long enough to matter, you'd have no doubt Microsoft would be blasting the roof off with it. I'm guessing 3-6 months after the XB version until the PS4 version is released.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    How did you get that conclusion from the article ? It doesn't mention anything about funding ?

The deal has a duration...

If the duration was long enough to matter, you'd have no doubt Microsoft would be blasting the roof off with it. I'm guessing 3-6 months after the XB version until the PS4 version is released.
    GameSpot wrote:
    A representative for Square Enix has told GameSpot that Microsoft is providing support across the entire development and publishing pipeline for Rise of the Tomb Raider. The publisher has not yet commented on whether this affects plans for a PlayStation 4 version.

Its very strange that both companies release a statement exactly when its announced that Microsoft are publishing Tomb Raider. There is defintely something happening with this deal behind closed doors.

They are a publisher themselves so to have Microsoft publish this game is quite a statement.
    Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration
    That duration could be for the lifespan of just this Tomb Raider game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That duration could be for the lifespan of just this Tomb Raider game.

That's not what that means at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

The big assumption everyone is making is that the time exclusive means it's coming to PS4 after the period is up, but If Microsoft are publishing, it might only go to PC after the time exculsive period. Didn't that happen with Ryse?

Microsoft are publishing the Xbox One version.

Squenix will be publishing the PS4 version

COYVB wrote: »
    That's not what that means at all.

It could be, Titanfall went down that road before.
    Microsoft are publishing the Xbox One version.

Squenix will be publishing the PS4 version

Is there a statement saying that?
    I have only seen the announcement that Microsoft are publishing Tomb raider.

Has there been any offical statement from Square Enix saying that its coming to PS4?
    I have just seen the statement "Coming exclusively to Xbox One holiday 2015" before but where it gets released after Xbox One seems a bit of a mystery.

It could be, Titanfall went down that road before.

It's not. If that's what it meant the wording would not have been

"Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration"

It would have been:

"Our partnership with Microsoft on the Tomb Raider franchise does have a duration"

Is there a statement saying that?
    I have only seen the announcement that Microsoft are publishing Tomb raider

There is not

There is defintely something happening with this deal behind closed doors.

I would imagine that is true of almost every business deal in the history of business deals.

It's not. If that's what it meant the wording would not have been

"Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration"

It would have been:

"Our partnership with Microsoft on the Tomb Raider franchise does have a duration"

I am not talking about the franchise, we are talking about the game itself.

They never mentioned a franchise with Titanfall either. It was mentioned first in an EA investors meeting that It was going to be exclusive for the lifespan of the title on Xbox One.

There is a massive amount of corporate speak from both sides which is telling me there is definitely something more going on with this deal. Why not announce months ago that Microsoft is publishing the game?

• Advertisement

I would imagine that is true of almost every business deal in the history of business deals.

Indeed,

With this deal there is definitely some thing more going on when you compare it to other exclusivity deals.

I find it strange that there still hasn't been anything saying its coming to PS4, and now we find out that MS are publishing the game.

Maybe this will be XB1 and PC only.

Advertisement