Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Good fun stuff as always!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks for the kind words guys!
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Seen as you're doing the rounding off of the Attitude Era, do you reckon there could be scope to bookend it with the beginning (albeit debatable) by doing Rumble 98, No Way Out of Texas and WrestleMania 14?

Ah, the Tyson trilogy! Not in this run but we'll hit the 'proper' Attitude Era at some point. 3-5 eps per arc is loads :)

Really looking forward to re-watching No Way Out 2001. I can't remember it beyond the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Ah I seen that ICW Insane Fight Club documentary on advice from Cabana after he had Grado on his podcast. I think the best bit of that is watching how they write their shows. And ICW show up again in the Devitt documentary, with some Scottish guy explaining a particularly gruesome injury he got to Devitt. And I seen Grado in TNA British Boot Camp where he's wrestling in York Hall and the crowd go absolutly nuts for him when he makes his entrance. He also got a kayfabe storyline with nobodys boy, Al Snow. The ring announcer from ICW is familiar too because he was at the Roddy Piper show in Dublin last Summer.

I've noticed once I hear OSW doing anyones theme tune, I can pretty much never take that wrestler seriously ever again! While you would think the Right To Censor theme is easy to do, it's not, you need 3 people for it or it won't work. You guys actually nailed it perfectly! They were a terrible group and yep, Bull Buchannon not even wearing the proper attire for it didn't help much but their titantron and theme always made me smile!
    I seen some odd entrance themes on Eurosport watching darts! A lot of them use wrestler themes despite not having wrestler physiques! One guy used the UFC On Fox theme for his entrance, like the fanfare trumpetey tune! And some auld dear used Turn Down For What by DJ Snake and Lil John. It works when Dhiego Lima uses it in UFC not so much in darts when it's someones Mam but it's funny to see. But seeing portly guys in their 40's who look like they live on a soild diet of pints and fry-ups walking out to Edges theme or Motorhead doing Ripple H's song is funny.
    I also saw a boxer named Cletus Seldin hit the ring to Hulk Hogans real American theme! He didn't have a stars and stripes flag and he didn't look like a hot dog or a Caramac, if anything he looked like a Frys Turkish Delight in his purple and sliver shorts but I dunno if they even make those anymore. They were like a blob of perfume flavoured jelly in chocolate but decent at the same time!
    I also saw Cletus Seldin's nickname is Hebrew Hammer but he's from the States so fair enough. OSW doing Right To Censor theme is still the best I've seen/heard in 2015!
    The Royal Rumble 2001 show you did had me mildly confused though, while it is morbidly interesting to look back at some of the headshots Benoit took, I dunno if giving Kane grief about how he bumps his head is fair! Giving him grief about increasingly frizzy hair is totally fair though!
    Drew Carey, wow, his show wasn't funny at all either. Drew Curry vs Durty Lee. I wanna see that, I wanna see Crocodile Dundalk vs Didier Drogheda with the winner going on to fight Bray Wicklow! In all seriousness, I've never heard anyone saying Honky Tonk for the Hall Of Fame and his speech at that about how Hot Dog Hogan wouldn't share his drugs at a HOF ceremony would rock! Hey if Vince Russo can say Chyna should be in the HOF then I can say Honky really should be there. I do think Bob Uecker did 2 Wrestlemanias.

I saw a show on RTE where Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain are travelling Central America and they get to Costa Rica and Ed tells Dara about Costa Rica being number 1 on the worlds happiness index and I cracked up at you guys taling about Dunphy when he said that during the World Cup and how Eamo is a massive troll (before trolls were invented baby!) and also how 96% of the OSW Review audience have no idea what any of that means and that cracks me up too! Watching Eamo get caught swearing repeatedly live on air to Kenny Cunningham and then almost doing it again a few days later were highlights of World Cup 2014!

I'm finally up as far as watching Survivor Series! Ah embarrassed watching wrestling! A friend called in while I was watching Raw, and this guy used to watch WWE with me years ago but he arrived to see a segment with Grumpy Cat, followed by a Bella dressed up as AJ Lee and I knew there was no main event on Raw that night because they ended the show with a contract signing and I turned it off because I was cringing slightly at the idea of explaining what we were watching. I had seen the Dean Ambrose promo that V1 said he was mortified by on the same day he was talking about it, at least there was a piledriver in that! Telling a friend that Miz is talking to a cat while Sandow pretends to be Miz talking to a cat was too much for me to get my head around, I turned it off.

Ric Flair. 2 things I seen with him that were interesting, Wife Swap with Roddy Piper and a show called Lizard Lick Towing. I'm not 100% sure what the show is but I caught Ric Flair on it. I think Lizard Lick Towing are like when Demolition Smash was Repo Man except in this one episode they were Ric Flairs bodyguards. I couldn't fully follow it except Flair was actually super-funny in it! It's American reality tv anyway which means it's as real as wrestling.
    Looking forward to Survivor Series now though, not because of the card or the build up, just for the OSW show that comes after it! I can't catch up to wrestling that's up to date before Wrestlemaina, it'd be impossible at this stage!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After how well your Scooby Doo OSW did, I assume we will be seeing The Flintstones one soon, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

What's the "what bar?" chocolate like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

After how well your Scooby Doo OSW did, I assume we will be seeing The Flintstones one soon, yeah?

You're in luck. A Brucie bonus that landed only last night surprisingly.

Flintstones/WWE Crossover - OSW Review #48!

A BRUCIE BONUS EPISODE! Your boys tackle The Flintstones & WWE's Stone Age Smackdown!
    Featuring Rapadooo John Cena, HUNGRY-BUM 'Taker, AAA's Rey Mysterio and UFC fighter CM Punk!

16659515948_58482cbddb_o.jpg

WATCH: The Flintstones & WWE's Stone Age Smackdown!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Do wonder if anyone has eaten bar itself rather than having it as collectors item.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any update on youtube?

I usually download the videos to watch on my TV,but the dailymotion downloaded ones wont play. I can connect PC to TV,but like just downloading/watching a file.

mxph3 wrote: »
    Do wonder if anyone has eaten bar itself rather than having it as collectors item.
    From what I've seen, nobody's opened the bar! Plenty of pics but not one telling me what it tastes like!
    jeffk wrote: »
    Any update on youtube?
    Nothing yet, just that I'm trying to fix it asap but it's up to WWE/YT when it gets sorted. Vimeo has a download option too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Vimeo/Dailymotion downloads wont play on my tv,but if I download from YouTube they play

Ever thought of a direct file download?

Hate seeing this bumped without a new episode, particularly when yous are doing a good series of PPVs. :pac:

Hate seeing this bumped without a new episode, particularly when yous are doing a good series of PPVs. :pac:

Updated with Flintstones/WWE crossover ;)

Jay interview with Wrestle Radio Australia!

I chat to Josh of WRA and Frank of Butts in Seats Podcast about OSW, Resident Evil remake, WrestleMania 30 and everything in between!
    Also SPOILERS for future OSW episodes :) This interview is audio only.

16891223002_a5a4e40936_o.jpg

iTunes: iTunes.OSWreview.com
    Android/direct mp3 link: RSS.OSWreview.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

New challenger approaching

If you're going to keep bringing MaffewGregg up to OSW he needs his name shortened to Gregg and to be sporting a purple cape. ;)

WWE WrestleMania 31 - OSW Review #49!

A BRUCIE BONUS EPISODE! Jay & MAFFEW of Botchamania take on WrestleMania 31!
    Featuring WORZELMANIA, Hunter-Killer Hearst Helmsley and Romany Gypsy Reigns!

16428026033_f42bf4574b_o.jpg

WATCH: WrestleMania 31!
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

One hour into it and really enjoying it, glad you decided to review this!

One hour into it and really enjoying it, glad you decided to review this!

Thanks mate, glad our digging the ep! Was a blast to record

Dolph Ziggler's haircut at 'Mania had "The One" Billy Gunn written all over it!

I am probably one of the rare few people that actually likes Maffew on the show.

• Advertisement

Cheers, we got a ton of positive feedback from Maff on the show! He did a great job carrying the storylines & considered opinion/overall thoughts IMO, he's much more plugged in with the current product. Some of his stuff had me dying (like Cena's rag)! Worked out well as V1 & OOC aren't interested in covering anything current, without him there wouldn't have been an episode.

If anyone's interested, I was on the Piledriver Wrestling Audio show talking much more in depth about RAW, WM, HOF and all that with New Generation Project Podcast's Stewart! :)

The part where you both were taking the piss out of the Raw is War theme song near the end was brilliant!

Ahh the era of the indiscernible lyrics! Baa whuccha wah enjoy the beef! baa mucchawah the soul of me! Thorn! In your eye! *Booooom*

...I'm so glad OSW isn't a serious show and we faff around like this :)

Have you decided what's going on after Wrestlemania X7 story arc? Also is is it only going as far as wrestlemania or are you doing backlash?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I'd say more people would like the Jay & Maff combo but for the fact that Maff = no OOC and V1 and as you say for the current day product it makes sense that you can have him jump on board. I too neraly spit out my drink with the Cena rag comment, think your reaction kinda made it tho, really highlighted what he actually said. Will be hard not to think about that now next time he comes out with that little think with never give up emblazoned on it pre match on Raw or whatever

Have you decided what's going on after Wrestlemania X7 story arc? Also is is it only going as far as wrestlemania or are you doing backlash?

The current arc is up to X7, it's unlikely we'll continue on as it's a lot of fun bouncing around. We don't confirm the next arc until before recording the last ep. I updated the episode guide!
    tbh I'd say more people would like the Jay & Maff combo but for the fact that Maff = no OOC and V1 and as you say for the current day product it makes sense that you can have him jump on board

I wouldn't bring in anyone if OOC and V1 are available, as having 2-3 people in person + 1 on Skype would make for a horrific cluster**** dynamic. I absolutely hate using Skype to record as it's so impersonal but hey, ya gotta do it sometimes. Similarly I get asked about having the AE or NGP guys on the show (which is a really cool idea!) but having a 6 or 9-way Skype conversation is a terribly unfocused, logistical nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Enjoyed Maffew a lot more this time round. 'Daz - the dole scum drunk' and the Cena cum rag had me in bits.

Another tremendous episode.

I ****ing died when you guys did Taz's theme song.

Thoroughly enjoyed the episode, was really impressed at the XFL segment.

• Advertisement

I almost don't want to watch this because it'll mean a month before there's any more to watch. :pac:

Advertisement