Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have many heavy metal fans on After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I like some metal, but it's not what I mostly listen to.
    I am old enough to remember SOD bringing out Speak English or Die. The absolute audacity of it all was pretty amazing back then. Led me to discovering all sorts like No means No, Voivod and Dayglo Abortions. Those Canadians are actually nuts.

SYL as well, great band, led by one of Canada's finest nuts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Megadeath
    Megadeath

Megadeth is spelt with one a FFS :mad::mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I love Primus but they arent very 'heavy'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, not at all.
    Megadeth is spelt with one a FFS :mad::mad::pac:

Amateurs!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Links234 wrote: »
    used to love Cradle of Filth myself :D they used to get some hate, but honestly? Midian was one of my favourite albums ;

I saw them at a festival abroad back in the 2000's, there was big screens that allowed people to text messages in too be displayed on them.

I think people can guess the results :-o

much much prefer the heavier/less emo end of industrial myself.

My Guilty metal pleasure is Saxon (is it ok if I pretend that I only like them ironically :-/ )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

No mention of Mastodon yet?! For shame

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Elegant Elliot Offen

IM

THE

DE-VIL

I

LOVE

ME-TAL

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

blade1 wrote: »
    Amateurs!:pac:

Yeah, they are not true metal fans like us :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

IM

THE

DE-VIL

I

LOVE

ME-TAL

Check this riff, it's fcuking tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Check this riff, it's fcuking tasty :D

I'm the Devil I can do what I want!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No, not at all.
    IM

THE

DE-VIL

I

LOVE

ME-TAL
    No-one can destroy the metal!
    The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow!
    We are the vanquished foe of the metal!
    We tried to win
    For why
    We do not know! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y24MmylTeY4
    Seriously though, I'd place money on somebody with a Sepultura t-shirt as being about 1000 times more likely to be sound than somebody without one. Metalheads are always the best crack.

BTW, I don't care for any era Metallica really...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

****ing love metal, the heavier the better!!

Used to be a big fan, not so much anymore.

I like the old more musically-driven kind as opposed to the modern kind where there's a high emphasis placed on technique as opposed to what sounds good. Don't want to sound pretentious but as a guitar player I just don't find metal attractive, I just feel there's a lot more distortion/gain to hide behind compared to other genres.

I think a lot of modern metal acts could learn a lot from the "less is more" attitude, I just don't see the appeal in listening to some guy play 300 notes in 10 seconds as opposed to playing 3 or 4 that sound good.

You sound like you need some doom! It's not all about speed

Can't stand it, too much noise and shouting without any real rhythm or beat or even lyrics you can understand.

Ah here now, that's only rubbish, metal is easily one of the most beat/rhythm-driven genres, behind only rap and the electronic genres, I'd say.

Try this (or ANY of the tracks I've posted, for that matter!). The whole album is wonderful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

7 pages and no Lamb of God, Gojira or SOAD. Disgusting.

No, not at all.
    This thread just reminded me: I was watching the Download festival highlights on Sky Arts a few weeks back and eagerly awaiting Linkin Park to come on. In the meantime, we sat through a Bring Me The Horizon song and it was literally just the lead singer screaming like a banshee into the microphone, bent over double like he was tearing his diaphram in two. My aunt just looked at me like I had ten heads and went "You call this music?!" I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the screamo- brand of metal outside of Slipknot but I *do* like this track:

It's currently the only Bullet For My Valentine song I regularly listen to. Never bothered to look up more but if anyone can give me recommendations, that would be super.
    Incidently, I managed to get my aunt into both Linkin Park and Rob Zombie. Give me a few weeks- I shall turn her to the dark side! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Megadeth. I love Megadeth.
    The're the guys who did a cover of "Schools out"

These guys covered it back in 1994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

No, not at all.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    This thread just reminded me: I was watching the Download festival highlights on Sky Arts a few weeks back and eagerly awaiting Linkin Park to come on. In the meantime, we sat through a Bring Me The Horizon song and it was literally just the lead singer screaming like a banshee into the microphone, bent over double like he was tearing his diaphram in two. My aunt just looked at me like I had ten heads and went "You call this music?!" I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of the screamo- brand of metal outside of Slipknot but I *do* like this track:

It's currently the only Bullet For My Valentine song I regularly listen to. Never bothered to look up more but if anyone can give me recommendations, that would be super.
    Incidently, I managed to get my aunt into both Linkin Park and Rob Zombie. Give me a few weeks- I shall turn her to the dark side! :pac:

Used to be a big BFMV fan, their album "The Poison" is brilliant.

Cringey song titles but.. Try "Hand of Blood", "Room 409" and "Hearts Burst Into Fire" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Anyone like Portal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

One of my favourite albums of all time:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nimr wrote: »
    Ah, the heaviest of them all. Serious hardcore stuff that is.
    http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Library/Implsion.html
    The convergent shock wave of an implosion can compress solid uranium or plutonium by a factor of 2 to 3.
    So could get up to 60g/cm3 - seriously heavy

• Advertisement

btw, Ghost ;)

What an absolutely fantastic video too :D

And this one's for you McChubbin ;)

No, not at all.
    I was trying to find a song I heard in Clerks 2 and thanks to the spooky yet brillaint pre-empting of the Youtube search bar, I finally found it.
    Bit of King Diamond, any one? :D

EDIT: Jaaaaaaysus, Links. Haven't heard that since about 2001! :eek: I used to be such a weeboo when it came to Gackt, the sexy androgynos bastard! :D
    I see your Redemption and raise you Lust For Blood- my favorite track by him.
    This thread makes me so very happy!

This also needs to be seen by EVERYONE!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No, not at all.
    I like a bit of metal. Mainly drone, doom, thrash and a bit of black metal.

Favourite bands would be Black Sabbath, Boris, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, Electric Wizard and Megadeth.

EDIT: Jaaaaaaysus, Links. Haven't heard that since about 2001! :eek: I used to be such a weeboo when it came to Gackt, the sexy androgynos bastard! :D
    I see your Redemption and raise you Lust For Blood- my favorite track by him.
    This thread makes me so very happy!

Were you a time traveller in 2001? 'Cos Redemption was 2006 ;)

But yeah, Gackt is one gorgeous mofo :o

No, not at all.
    Hahaha! Links, I was just about to post that! :D
    In a similar vein:

Edit: 2006? Jaysus, I thought it was older than that. Sure, I graduated from secondary school in 2005 and really got into the whole otaku thing. Sure, I was 17 and very wet behind the ears... ahh, you've made my night with that, Links234! Cheers for the nostalgia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

No, not at all.
    Big Spinal Tap fan me.

Edit: 2006? Jaysus, I thought it was older than that. Sure, I graduated from secondary school in 2005 and really got into the whole otaku thing. Sure, I was 17 and very wet behind the ears... ahh, you've made my night with that, Links234! Cheers for the nostalgia!

There's so much awesome music coming from Japan, why'd you give up? :pac:

Also, seriously, why with this many folks who enjoy metal is the Rock & Metal forum not utilized more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Bit of King Diamond, any one? :D

Me listening to King Diamond

Advertisement