Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have many heavy metal fans on After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I like some metal, but it's not what I mostly listen to.
    wprathead wrote: »
    Nice. My gawd, can't remember last time I heard a bass solo at 0.30 :D

Dat bass ^_^
    wprathead wrote: »
    Maybe, I had bad experiences with them years ago with a different account and havn't tended to go back.. Maybe they have "chilled out" :D

Well, I'm always posting there and don't get any crap, you should pop your head into the chat thread. Seriously, I'm always posting about my favourite Japanese bands, stuff that probably wouldn't go down well on other forums ;)

I reckon all those "pure metal" people are really just closet Linkin Park fans :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I went through a phase when I was younger and listened to a lot of it. I don't like it now. Although paranoid was played on the radio today in work and I found myself head banging in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Yes my favorite kind of music, although i like all kinds to some degree

Death
    Metallica
    Trivium
    Rammstein
    Amon Amarth
    Megadeath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No, not at all.
    Links234 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that, but I've always got a soft spot for Korn ;)
    OMIGAWD YES.
    KoRn are ****ing amazing. Saw them live the year before last on the Path of Totality tour. Whilst I'm not a big fan of dubstep-fusion, they killed it and I was in the pit for the encore of "Blind". It was INTENSE. I would kill to see them play live again! "Issues" was one of the first albums I listened to when I was getting into the metal scene.
    Also, I love this track:

EDIT: RE Papa Roach:
    Every time I hear "Last Resort", I immediately think of Bill Bailey.... :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Used to be a big metal fan. Big into Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Pantera etc all the older ones mainly. But I have always listened to most anything off an on from Cradle of Filth to Dragonforce.

Amon Amarth is probably what I'd mostly listen to these days in terms of metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

No, not at all.
    I love me metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

No, not at all.
    Partial to the odd bit of Rammstein, Iron Maiden and Megadeath but not generally a fan. Don't hate it or anything, just not my cup of tea. And I have fond memories of Papa Roach, the Offspring, RATM, System of a Down etc. from when I was a teenager, not sure where they fit into the scheme of things though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Can't believe this is out over 20 years, riff is brutal at 2.41

No, not at all.
    So, I just found this:
    Bill Bailey recording his songs for Sonisphere! :D Can't beat a bit of metal-based humor! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

tbh metals high water mark was the 80's, most of the stuff from the 90s onward just didnt have a patch on what went before

Bambi wrote: »
    tbh metals high water mark was the 80's

Impossible! Versailles weren't around until 2007 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Impossible! Versailles weren't around until 2007 ;)

look horse, you posted a kamelot video, your argument is invalid

80's were best.

No, not at all.
    DEATH TO ALL BUT METAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

It's been thirty two years since my first gig (Motorhead) and five hours since my last (High On Fire).

It's in my blood, for all the ridiculous lyrics, terrible album covers, a mainly macho bullsh!t.......I fcukin' love it.

Last night I had navy shorts and a dark grey tshirt on and I was by far the most colourful person at the gig. What is it with the black tshirts?

Bambi wrote: »
    look horse, you posted a kamelot video, your argument is AWESOME

Kamelot are best.

Agreed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

No, not at all.
    My musical taste is all over the place, but when it comes to metal, I'd be leaning more towards the Industrial side of things: Rammstein, Godflesh, Ministry. Actually I've a few Cradle Of Filth albums too...

My musical taste is all over the place, but when it comes to metal, I'd be leaning more towards the Industrial side of things: Rammstein, Godflesh, Ministry. Actually I've a few Cradle Of Filth albums too...

used to love Cradle of Filth myself :D they used to get some hate, but honestly? Midian was one of my favourite albums ;

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, not at all.
    beano345 wrote: »
    Can't believe this is out over 20 years, riff is brutal at 2.41

Met them when they played Nancy Spain's in Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

*cough*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Am I doing it right?

No, no you are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No, not at all.
    Angron wrote: »
    No, no you are not.

For the record, I don't actually like them. Scarlet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

used to love Cradle of Filth myself :D they used to get some hate, but honestly? Midian was one of my favourite albums ;

Midian was amazing imo, I loved Her Ghost in the Fog in particular. It's just kinda funny how short Dani Filth is, only a little above 5 foot I think.

For me in metal, my preferences would be death or black metal, with some doom and thrash too. Grindcore is great too, but I know a lot relate that more to punk than metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I used to, but now probably would only listen to 2 albums, Rust in Peace and Master of Puppets. Like a bit of Marlyn Manson too, but probably limited to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals.

No, not at all.
    In no particular order, I mainly listen to Linkin Park (their newest album isn't half bad actually), Slipknot, Stone Sour, KoRn, Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails, Disturbed, Nightwish. Within Temptation, Tool and a few other bands peppered here and there.
    As bad a reputation they get, I must admit that Limp Bizkit's cover of Metallica's "Sanitarium" is, in my honest opinion, better than the original.
    They made it their own and I applaud them for it.

EDIT: Gah! How could I forget the God of ****? Love a bit of Marilyn Manson too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

There we part ways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Am I doing it right?

Cozy Powell, Tommy Vance and Gary Moore are spinning in their graves now. I hope your happy with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

I am old enough to remember SOD bringing out Speak English or Die. The absolute audacity of it all was pretty amazing back then. Led me to discovering all sorts like No means No, Voivod and Dayglo Abortions. Those Canadians are actually nuts.

Dunno if still a fan exactly. But I wouldn't run from some Pantera, megadeath, Metallica, Slayer etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Love heavy metal. Slipknot were the first heavy metal band I got into, before I forget probably being my favourite song. I have some friends who are big metal fans who introduce me to new songs from time to time.

I'd be interested in seeing if some people are surprised when friends learn they're into heavy metal. It's been said to me several times but often by people who seem to be into mostly one genre of music.

Advertisement