Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

STS again for me but I'm happy because it's my TOTM and I always gain. I'm really trying my best this week. :)
    What's STS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

What's STS?

Stay The Same

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

STS again for me but I'm happy because it's my TOTM and I always gain. I'm really trying my best this week. :)

I hate weigh in during TOM. I'm so tempermental, I could lose a lot or gain a lot, never one or the other so I never trust that week's numbers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Been away over the weekend, and I had a bad week before thought I'd be up loads but my scales has me as a sts. That's 2 weeks! I'm on maintenance so I'm delighted, if only I knew why because I've never managed it before.

Surgery on my jaw on Thursday so I'm not sure what the food situation is, I've to figure that out today so I'm not just eating icecream!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

cjdun1 wrote: »
    right so - week 1 back - down 2.5 - weigh 9st 9.5lb - 4.5lb to get back to target

Found Saturday and Sunday really really tough - break in the Monday - Friday routine but held it together.........

was weighed last Wednesday - mortified to say I was up a pound - am finding Saturdays, Sundays and eating out a killer

am away for worked today and tomorrow - already have dread for Wednesday's weigh in :(

• Advertisement

was weighed last Wednesday - mortified to say I was up a pound - am finding Saturdays, Sundays and eating out a killer

am away for worked today and tomorrow - already have dread for Wednesday's weigh in :(

Don't be mortified! I've gone up a lot more than a pound in a week!

keesa wrote: »
    Don't be mortified! I've gone up a lot more than a pound in a week!

I just thought I'd keep a bit of momentum (reading Roy Keane's autobiography - he's all about momentum!) a bit longer - I was away for work yesterday and today, sad wagon that I am, I brought my sports bra and weights, so did 30 day shred in the hotel room this morning before my meeting
    not sure how I'll get on tomorrow night though - a bit worried I'll be up again - I HATE paying WW after all it took me to lose it day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I went to my weigh in today and I was a half pound down:) Congrats on all the great losses, everyone seems to be doing really well. Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Up 1lb yesterday. :(

Feel like I'm going backwards.

I'm really trying my best this week.

Had my surgery yesterday. WW out the window. I can only really eat soft non-chew food so I'll eat whatever I can. Including big glasses of full sugar 7up. I'll worry about my weight when I'm better. They weighed me before I went in and I'm up 1.5 as it is, but I'm focusing on priorities

Good luck to Everyone left to weigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Having a terrible week. Missed my meeting on Wednesday as I wasn't feeling well. I have been on steroids for a flare up of my arthritis and they make you gain weight even if you watch what you eat. Of course, me being the food addict that I am, I have eaten all around me (the steroids increase your appetite too and for some reason having me craving only sugar and junk). I have only lost 5.5lb in the last 5 weeks and i'll probably put up at least half of that next Wednesday :( And I have over 9 stone to lose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Down 2.5 this week. Happy with that! Just wondering my group consultant says I should be on 43 points a day but I checked online and it said I should be on 34? I've been sticking to 34 but just wondering why she has a different points value for me compared to online? Has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Monife wrote: »
    Having a terrible week. Missed my meeting on Wednesday as I wasn't feeling well. I have been on steroids for a flare up of my arthritis and they make you gain weight even if you watch what you eat. Of course, me being the food addict that I am, I have eaten all around me (the steroids increase your appetite too and for some reason having me craving only sugar and junk). I have only lost 5.5lb in the last 5 weeks and i'll probably put up at least half of that next Wednesday :( And I have over 9 stone to lose :(

5.5lbs in 5 weeks is great. Don't think of it as 'only'. Thats more than a pound a week which is steady weight loss. You need to give yourself a break, how long will you be on the steroids for? Do not be hard on yourself for gaining weight in this time but maybe do try and sort your surroundings so when cravings hit the sugar and junk isn't there for you to dig into. You can try and limit the damage but as you said you may gain weight even if you were 100% on track.

You need to take it slow and not put too much pressure on yourself. When you stay focused but realistic it becomes less daunting. Break your 9 stone into mini goals, and put realistic time frames on it. The mistake I always made in the past was looking at the end goal instead of the journey, took me over 10 years but when I stopped focusing on the end point I finally got there.
    Down 2.5 this week. Happy with that! Just wondering my group consultant says I should be on 43 points a day but I checked online and it said I should be on 34? I've been sticking to 34 but just wondering why she has a different points value for me compared to online? Has this happened to anyone else?

Where did you find online to calculate your daily points? I have never seen an accurate online calculator. I would be more inclined to trust the leader.

I just googled how to work out your daily propoints. Its a wikihow page. I've been using 34 points since I started over a month ago. I just checked another website that said 43. I'm now afraid to eat more in case I gain? Feck sake! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I just googled how to work out your daily propoints. Its a wikihow page. I've been using 34 points since I started over a month ago. I just checked another website that said 43. I'm now afraid to eat more in case I gain? Feck sake! ��

I weigh a few pounds under 19 stone and am 27 and I am on 40PP. So if you weigh less than me or much younger than 27 then it is likely 43PP is wrong. Also, if you are male, it is likely that it is correct.

Ask your leader to be certain. It's calculated automatically on the scales computer when your details are put in. The things online are always wrong for me too. Sometimes I think they're the old points

Yeah gonna ask my leader what she thinks Wednesday anyway. Thanks!

Up 1lb this week.

I'm trying but I feel like I'm just slipping backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It will be hit and miss for me getting to W.I.s over the next few weeks, so I am making a fresh start today, focusing on F&H and getting my walks in.
    I am aiming for further steady loss before the end of the year.
    Best of luck, all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just back from my weigh in. I had an awful week. Was out with work, dinner and drinks and then was shopping all day Saturday didn't get home til near 7 from town had a sandwich out then indulged in a takeaway.

Was feeling a little down on myself. Tried to pull it back the other days and went to the gym aswell yesterday before a 9 hour shift.

I stayed the same and I am delighted!! Didn't quite get into the 12 stones for the wedding however I am only 2lb away at 13st 1.5lb.

• Advertisement

didn't get a chance to post last Wednesday night - was down a pound and a half, so in all, it's 3 pounds down

(2.5 down week 1; 1 up week 2; 1.5 week three) - let's hope it's not a trend

I'm off work this week and it's killing me, all I want to do is go out for lunch, etc - so going to get weighed tmrw night and am heading away for a couple of days - deliberately booked for the day AFTER my weigh in - how sad is that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Down 11.5 in 7 weeks, very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've fallen off the wagon and let it roll away, dreading this Friday :(

I thought i was doing ok. I thought i was only 1.5 up. Just had a glimpse of me from the side in the mirror. I look pregnant. There's only so much you can blame on bloating. Back on the wagon tomorrow!

I'll weigh at home first thing and my goal is back to goal by my birthday in 2 weeks. Hopefully that's achievable depending on the damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Can't get my act together at all lately. Have been getting no exercise, and not tracking at all....Gggrrr! 7 weigh ins to Xmas. I need to make a decision about whether I want to be up a half a stone, or down half a stone... Should be an easy decision, eh?!

Down 1 today. I mentioned to my leader that I've been eating 9 points less then I shlihldnhave been daily. So this week I'm starting on my full points that I'm meant to be on. Hopefully I'll still lose something next week. Fingers crossed.

Finally, a loss!

2lbs down!

Down 1 today. I mentioned to my leader that I've been eating 9 points less then I shlihldnhave been daily. So this week I'm starting on my full points that I'm meant to be on. Hopefully I'll still lose something next week. Fingers crossed.

If your points are 26 then you need to eat the full 26 each day. Otherwise you won't get the nutrients you need.

I should be (and now am) on 43 a day. I was eating 34. So still got plenty of nutrients . will see how this week goes at weigh in next wed.

• Advertisement

didn't get a chance to post last Wednesday night - was down a pound and a half, so in all, it's 3 pounds down

(2.5 down week 1; 1 up week 2; 1.5 week three) - let's hope it's not a trend

I'm off work this week and it's killing me, all I want to do is go out for lunch, etc - so going to get weighed tmrw night and am heading away for a couple of days - deliberately booked for the day AFTER my weigh in - how sad is that :o

down 2.5lb on Wednesday night - didn't manage to get away though, gutted :mad: but ate my body weight in rubbish yesterday - have to spend the next 6 days pulling it back - am 1.5lb away from target again

Advertisement