Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

I mentioned to someone that I was looking forward to a week off doing nothing before baby arrives and they said I should spend the time stocking the freezer with meals - I nearly cried! I have visions of myself visiting friends and going out for tea and cake! We did a big clear out on the house when I had lots of energy from 20-30 weeks but work is enough for me now - hopefully the nesting will kick in at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm the same contrary Mary! Feel I should be stocking the freezer, but am just too tired/lazy to do it at weekends. I figure it being summer, I can eat lots of nice healthy salads. What I am doing is if I make something like a lasagne or chilli now, I make a bit extra and freeze a couple of portions. I only have a small freezer, so there's a limit to how much I can do. My nesting has slowed down after a productive burst weeks 20-30. The way I look at it is the baby won't notice if the windows are clean or the cupboards cleared out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Even my dads pony has given birth before me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

January wrote: »

LOL! Oh January you poor thing :o Anything else stirring since the other evening? It must be such a tough waiting game at this stage, you're at the final hurdle but it takes forever!!

A question for you more experienced Mums - I'm almost 28 weeks now and really starting to feel a bit uncomfortable, walking up stairs takes a effort, my back seems to ache that bit more noticeably, bump is kicking like a ninja and at times it's really quite sore, and even sitting at my office desk isn't pleasant for very long. It feels very early for me to be at the discomfort stage, am I being unreasonably moany!?!

No pains or anything but there's definitely a big increase in mucous (I had a small show yesterday but what I'm getting now isn't blood tinged so not sure if I can call it a show), things are working down there, just really slowly! I just really want to avoid another section, I really am being so moany. Apart from the inconvenience of not being able to do much, the longer stay in hospital etc, I have an appointment to try on wedding dresses at the end of May and if I have a csection that will scupper those plans!

You're not being unreasonably moany by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I have an appointment to try on wedding dresses at the end of May and if I have a csection that will scupper those plans!

You'll be well able for the appointment if you have a section. I had the stitches out on day 5 and by 3 weeks I was healed absolutely fine and fully mobile. The next 3 weeks were just precautionary I think really. Just dont overdo it in the early weeks and you wont have any setbacks - easier said than done with having other kids to look after though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

No pains or anything but there's definitely a big increase in mucous (I had a small show yesterday but what I'm getting now isn't blood tinged so not sure if I can call it a show), things are working down there, just really slowly!
    The show doesn't have to be bloody though does it? Sounds like your body is getting nicely worked up for what's to come :) You're booked in for Monday right? Well fingers crossed that your body takes over in the next day or so and things proceed as they should ;)
    January wrote:
    I just really want to avoid another section, I really am being so moany. Apart from the inconvenience of not being able to do much, the longer stay in hospital etc, I have an appointment to try on wedding dresses at the end of May and if I have a csection that will scupper those plans!
    Ah here, wanting to avoid a C Section is not being moany! It can be a very traumatic experience, and if you've been through it before you have the added pressure of knowing all the things you can't do. Have you ever tried acupuncture to induce labour or even listened to some hypnobirthing tracks to get you into a good head space? They won't help you sponatneously induce (they'd be worth their weight in gold if they did :D) but it might help you to take your mind off it, even for a couple of minutes. I know I'm preaching to the converted here and you've tried everything under the sun!! It's like when someone says to me "drink more water" to cure my constipation. Well gee, hadn't tried that one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Feeling very moany today. Had to get a big filling yesterday and my face is still sore enough from that.
    I'm thoroughly fed up with hearing "you really should/ shouldn't eat / do/ drink...:" whatever from people.
    My diet is very healthy and all my bloods and urine tests are perfect. Feck off and leave me alone.
    My body is feeling very stretched and tired as a result of the pregnancy yesterday and today and while I wouldn't swap this for anything a little break even for a few hours would be lovely!
    I'm fairly cranky with my husband today too but that's because he keeps quoting some article from the Indo about Japanese women living until they're 86 because they eat raw fish and drink green tea. I'm pregnant and can't have either of those you silly man!
    Also both of my grannies lived until they were 88/89 and were in fine health all of their lives. One never even had as much as a paracetamol because she was never ever sick. They never had green tea or raw fish either.
    I know he is fixated on it because his parents and relations have bad health but that's down to poor diet and poor choices nothing else.
    Grrrrr

The heartburn is back with a vengeance, brought on by... chocolate! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i hear you there January, awake all night with heart burn brought on by a glass of water :( nothing is safe now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I drop in and out of here every now and again to see who's duffed up (and generally end up leaving a little wistful :o). January, that comment made me laugh so much. I had forgotten how desperate you are to get that baby out at the end :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

The heartburn is back with a vengeance, brought on by... chocolate! :(

Chocolate always gives me heartburn.. It's so cruel :D

yellow hen wrote: »
    I drop in and out of here every now and again to see who's duffed up (and generally end up leaving a little wistful :o). January, that comment made me laugh so much. I had forgotten how desperate you are to get that baby out at the end :pac:

I swear... he told me that his pig was very close to giving birth too. I said if the pig gave birth before me I'd end up having it for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Lolers! When is your due date January?Has it been and gone?

No moans today, am feeling great thank goodness, long may it continue. I get slight lower back pain come evening time but otherwise full of beans!

Merkin wrote: »
    Lolers! When is your due date January?Has it been and gone?

No moans today, am feeling great thank goodness, long may it continue. I get slight lower back pain come evening time but otherwise full of beans!

Yeah, I'm a week over due now. Booked in for Wednesday morning to break my waters.

Oh God love you, everyone says those last few weeks are hard enough as it is without going over! Bubba will be here before you know it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Anyone else getting really really hungry? All I want is bad things!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Anyone else getting really really hungry? All I want is bad things!!:eek:

totally. just had two pieces of brownie already today, trying to stay away from the cheese cake my coworker brought in today. the only thing stopping me is that it is homemade with meringue on the top, so probably a no-no for pregnancy :(

Moan for the day - stupid coworker!!
    Stupid coworker told me TWO stories over lunch that ended with '... and then their baby died'. I mean what the f**K? I didn't say anything but one of the other girls, who doesn't have kids either, actually started jokingly saying 'don't you mean, they all lived happily ever after?!' after the second story in a stop-talking-about-that kind of way. And the stupid coworker got a bit miffed at her! Although she is easily miffed anyway.

This is like the 4th time she's said something moronic to me about pregnancy or asked very personal questions. I don't really know her and I wouldn't say we are at all friends, but when I told her, one of her first questions was "was it planned?". Yes of course I'll discuss my sex life and life plans with you, relative stranger! I blabbed a bit and gave a vague answer kinda saying it wasn't planned (in reality it was planned but I thought it would take much longer to get pregnant so it is a bit earlier than expected. As we got pregnant on the first month, I feel a bit bad saying it to people as you never know who might be trying and having issues). Next time she saw me, she was saying her husband wants kids now but she isn't ready yet, 'but when it does happen, it won't be an oops!' with a smile and nod at me. Oops?! :mad:
    Last one: My bump just popped out last week and she asked to touch it and had her hand out to it before I opened my mouth to reply. :mad:

She is a ditz anyway and normally I just ignore her tripe (like she tells everyone very proudly that her husband is vegan but he also eats fish and pizza) but this just got to me today! And breathe...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Moan for the day - stupid coworker!!
    Stupid coworker told me TWO stories over lunch that ended with '... and then their baby died'. I mean what the f**K? I didn't say anything but one of the other girls, who doesn't have kids either, actually started jokingly saying 'don't you mean, they all lived happily ever after?!' after the second story in a stop-talking-about-that kind of way. And the stupid coworker got a bit miffed at her! Although she is easily miffed anyway.

This is like the 4th time she's said something moronic to me about pregnancy or asked very personal questions. I don't really know her and I wouldn't say we are at all friends, but when I told her, one of her first questions was "was it planned?". Yes of course I'll discuss my sex life and life plans with you, relative stranger! I blabbed a bit and gave a vague answer kinda saying it wasn't planned (in reality it was planned but I thought it would take much longer to get pregnant so it is a bit earlier than expected. As we got pregnant on the first month, I feel a bit bad saying it to people as you never know who might be trying and having issues). Next time she saw me, she was saying her husband wants kids now but she isn't ready yet, 'but when it does happen, it won't be an oops!' with a smile and nod at me. Oops?! :mad:
    Last one: My bump just popped out last week and she asked to touch it and had her hand out to it before I opened my mouth to reply. :mad:

She is a ditz anyway and normally I just ignore her tripe (like she tells everyone very proudly that her husband is vegan but he also eats fish and pizza) but this just got to me today! And breathe...

God she sounds like a right tit. There's one in every pregnant woman's life I think, whether it's a co worker, a family member, in-law or just an acquaintance, actually no sometimes even complete strangers!!

I remember once last time round I was in a restaurant and ordered a steak sandwich. Waitress asked how I wanted it done and I said medium, and by her face you'd swear I'd just asked for it rare and bloody! And she actually pointed at my belly and said 'are you sure?? What about the baby?' :0 I was gobsmacked, and mortified! And scared to order the glass of wine that I wanted to go with it ;-)

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    God she sounds like a right tit. There's one in every pregnant woman's life I think, whether it's a co worker, a family member, in-law or just an acquaintance, actually no sometimes even complete strangers!!

I remember once last time round I was in a restaurant and ordered a steak sandwich. Waitress asked how I wanted it done and I said medium, and by her face you'd swear I'd just asked for it rare and bloody! And she actually pointed at my belly and said 'are you sure?? What about the baby?' :0 I was gobsmacked, and mortified! And scared to order the glass of wine that I wanted to go with it ;-)

Thanks Karmella. Yeah, I think I've found my pregnancy-twit! Must remember she is just an idiot with no brain-to-mouth filter. Thankfully my mother in law is a whole ocean away, otherwise she'd regularly be top of the list :P

The cheek of that waitress! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

That waitress would have totally got a piece of my mind! I've been very bolshy about my pregnancy. I hate the fact that I'm always supposed to act like some sort of hippy earth mother and tell everyone how much I love being pregnant when actually I feel the opposite. Cue lots of shocked faces when I'm blunt and honest. I feel like pregnant women are not allowed have an opinion unless it's what people expect them to say. Just because I hate being pregnant doesn't mean I won't love my baby!!!

That waitress would have totally got a piece of my mind! I've been very bolshy about my pregnancy. I hate the fact that I'm always supposed to act like some sort of hippy earth mother and tell everyone how much I love being pregnant when actually I feel the opposite. Cue lots of shocked faces when I'm blunt and honest. I feel like pregnant women are not allowed have an opinion unless it's what people expect them to say. Just because I hate being pregnant doesn't mean I won't love my baby!!!

I completely get this, FBM! I have felt like absolute crap for the first few months and it is like a shock to some people when I answer their enquiries with the truth. It's nearly like there is a whole silence over it: pregnant women should be sweet and happy and glowing, don't go scaring the delicate folk with the realities of it. I felt like I wanted to lie down and die and I hated it, and said so to most people. I actually found myself a couple of times trying to explain it to some of the shocked people, that I didn't hate my growing baby but that the sickness and horrible exhaustion seemed like a whole separate thing that was happening.

I don't think it is right to expect anyone to just plaster a smile on when they feel like they're dying. Sure if someone got a horrible virus and felt like crap for months, would they get the same happy-clappy, just-gloss-over-it sh$t? Probably to some extent, but it seems like a lot of people just expect pregnant women to suffer in silence and if not you are somehow being ungrateful or something.

Rant over! This all obviously hit a nerve with me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

<...>I hate the fact that I'm always supposed to act like some sort of hippy earth mother and tell everyone how much I love being pregnant when actually I feel the opposite. Cue lots of shocked faces when I'm blunt and honest. I feel like pregnant women are not allowed have an opinion unless it's what people expect them to say. Just because I hate being pregnant doesn't mean I won't love my baby!!!
    LOL, I'm exactly the same. I'm not excited about being pregnant or feel special in any way. It's very annoying when somebody jumps at you and starts going like "oh oh, oh wow! isn't it great, so happy for you! you're having a little miracle!" blah blah... and then me, with a straight motionless face "miracle? look around, streets are full of these miracles in the buggies". I look at pregnancy as natural physiological process that majority of mammals' females go through to ensure survival of their species. So what's so big deal about it? you don't need any special talent or put enormous efforts to become pregnant. By saying "efforts" I compare it to say work and dedication required to obtain university degree or making a career at work.

Going back to Moaning - I can't decide which is better when sneezing: whether pulling all muscles around my abdomen or peeing myself, or both... My baby has his head wedged into my bladder, I have to take a very strategic position when sneezing because of that: cross my legs and curl into a ball, otherwise I end up in pain and with wet panties :mad: and I sneeze a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭thebomb

Hey guys iam 20 weeks pregnant on my first... has anybody else suffered extreme headaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭thebomb

Hey guys iam 20 weeks pregnant on my first... has anybody else suffered extreme headaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

thebomb wrote: »

On and off during pregnancy I've had bouts of headaches that lasted days, I think around 20 weeks I had headaches constantly for a week or so but just turned out to be hormones. It's always good to say it to the midwife but can be a very normal part of pregnancy!

Headaches, while they can be a normal part of pregnancy can also be a sign of an underlying issue so please say it to your consultant or midwife.

Headaches in pregnancy can be linked to anything from rhinitis to hormones to more serious things like high blood pressure so you should always talk to your midwife/doctor about it so that they can do the necessary checks and rule out anything serious. Definitely go and get it seen to but chances are it's nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    Headaches in pregnancy can be linked to anything from rhinitis to hormones to more serious things like high blood pressure so you should always talk to your midwife/doctor about it so that they can do the necessary checks and rule out anything serious. Definitely go and get it seen to but chances are it's nothing to worry about.

And caffeine withdrawal.
    I had headaches that bordered on torture for a few weeks and it was just because I tried to completely cut caffeine out!

Advertisement