Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

davyjose wrote: »
    He was never going to be a starter, but if Holmes gets hurt we're fcuked.

Agreed just makes Grigs look quite foolish. Biggest need now though. Imagine if the Texans take Clowney, Luck is gonna be in a bad way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Raf32 wrote: »
    Agreed just makes Grigs look quite foolish. Biggest need now though. Imagine if the Texans take Clowney, Luck is gonna be in a bad way

I still think free safety is our biggest need. It kinda makes grigs look foolish, but there's no accounting for this kind of thing. It reflects worse on Costa who now looks very flakey coming off a 6 month whirlwind engagement with Hulk Hogan's daughter (you read that right). This happened with Quinn Pitcock a few years ago, retiring after one year. These tend to be regrets.

Goodwin is still on the market. If we pick him up as insurance for Holmes for a year, we're no worse off. Holmes was always going to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

davyjose wrote: »
    I still think free safety is our biggest need. It kinda makes grigs look foolish, but there's no accounting for this kind of thing. It reflects worse on Costa who now looks very flakey coming off a 6 month whirlwind engagement with Hulk Hogan's daughter (you read that right). This happened with Quinn Pitcock a few years ago, retiring after one year. These tend to be regrets.

Goodwin is still on the market. If we pick him up as insurance for Holmes for a year, we're no worse off. Holmes was always going to start.

Ya he seems to be a strange one from all the stories. Goodwin is a very serviceable centre , better than Costa and probably would start for us. I would nearly trade our 1st round pick for next year for a low first, high second this year so we can get the S and C sorted once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Seahawks picked up pryor from raiders

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seahawks picked up pryor from raiders

Pretty decent backup for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

So Earl Thomas signs on for 4 years, 40 mill and a massive 28 mill guaranteed. Word is Sherman will be given top dollar for a CB before long too. With Wilson’s payday coming soon and quite a few deals for the 49ers imminent too fingers crossed the West’s stranglehold on the conference is coming to an end.

I won’t hold my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

SameOleJay wrote: »
    So Earl Thomas signs on for 4 years, 40 mill and a massive 28 mill guaranteed. Word is Sherman will be given top dollar for a CB before long too. With Wilson’s payday coming soon and quite a few deals for the 49ers imminent too fingers crossed the West’s stranglehold on the conference is coming to an end.

I won’t hold my breath though.

it will have to with the hawks though one of there biggest strengths was there depth they just wont have that with in a year or two

unless they keep finding pro bowlers in the late rounds but that seems unlikley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Vince Young is back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Vince Young is back :D

Browns 2014 or as they are commonly known "Dream Team II"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

good luck to him I say, hopefully he wont piss away this money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers have until 5am tonight (Irish time) to decide if they are picking up the 5th year option on Aldon Smith.

Mixed reports coming out on what they will do but if I had to guess I would say they pick up the option.

It is only guaranteed for injury so they would still have the option of cutting or trading him after this season if that's what they wanted to do with no cap impact for the following season.

The only issue is picking up the option sets the start point of negotiations at $9.75m per year.

I just think he is too good to cut loose.

If he gets a big suspension or ends up back in rehab or something again and ends up playing less than 6 games this year then he won't acrue a year towards free agency and would then become a restricted rather than unrestricted free agent in February.

Interesting times.

49ers picked up the 5th year option on Smith.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

HigginsJ wrote: »
    49ers picked up the 5th year option on Smith.

Happy with this, hopefully he sorts himself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos sign former Giants 2nd rounder - DT Marvin Austin.

Very low risk / high reward signing. Austin came into the NFL with bundles of natural talent but injuries have prevented him from working his way into being a decent NFL player. Broncos do well with bringing such players along and he will be given every chance to compete.

Broncos sign former Giants 2nd rounder - DT Marvin Austin.

Very low risk / high reward signing. Austin came into the NFL with bundles of natural talent but injuries have prevented him from working his way into being a decent NFL player. Broncos do well with bringing such players along and he will be given every chance to compete.

:( A wasted Giants pick.......... Never!!!

Advertisement