Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    That said, I haven't seen them resort to the bullying and name calling tactics that the yes side has.
    Every day I see idiots on Facebook with "Yes Equality" stamps emblazoned on their profile pictures. The same clowns wouldn't be able to name their local TD.

Bold is my emphasis.
    Seems no voters name call too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

F1ngers wrote: »
    Bold is my emphasis.

They were just getting out and you're pulling them right back in!

How about that Eurovision what?

I don't watch Game of Thrones (I read the books) much going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bold is my emphasis.

I think you'll find I'm talking about people I know personally there. These same people I know would be sitting in the pub using homphobic terms and laughing at homosexual people. I find it ironic that they therefore have "yes to equality" stamps on their profile pics, just like I found it ironic that the water charge protestors are protesting against austerity and extra charges on people yet request donations from same said people.
    jimmii wrote: »

They've moved the TV series totally away from the books in parts. Characters from the books not included or some even going off on totally different tangents e.g. characters from the books dieing in the TV series.

I'm boorrreeeedddd, just messin' about.

My PS4 won't connect to the PSN - any ideas on how to fix it?

They've moved the TV series totally away from the books in parts. Characters from the books not included or some even going off on totally different tangents e.g. characters from the books dieing in the TV series.

I guess that always happens I used to work with a guy who is big in the GOT scene and it appears a lot of the old school fans aren't super happy about the direction its gone at times.

• Advertisement

I'm boorrreeeedddd, just messin' about.

My PS4 won't connect to the PSN - any ideas on how to fix it?

Yeh i'm a pro at IT stuff. Turn it off and on again should be grand :pac:

Yeh i'm a pro at IT stuff. Turn it off and on again should be grand :pac:

I even thought to myself, will I say I already turned it off and on again...:P

I even thought to myself, will I say I already turned it off and on again...:P

Yeh if that doesn't work best thing to do is probably try that again. If that doesn't work then turn it off and leave it a big longer and turn it on. If that doesn't work turn on the video recorder and smash the crap out of it post that on youtube and make enough from advertising to buy an xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

*gif of Abe Simpson walking in and walking out again*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

De Gea's woman performed for Spain in Eurovision there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oky Doke, we'll leave it there so....RIP Bill. Who the hell is chopping onions? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A pity that he passed so soon after his retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Random thought - I wonder if there is any other forum on boards.is that goes from being so busy to dead quiet as quickly as this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

KevIRL wrote: »
    Random thought - I wonder if there is any other forum on boards.is that goes from being so busy to dead quiet as quickly as this one.

One of the TV forums I'd say.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    One of the TV forums I'd say.

Ya maybe, but even after the end of a season/show there is often some residual chat for a few weeks, months even. This one must be pretty unique in terms of swiftness of shutdown in interest.

Not saying that's a bad thing BTW, its just the nature of the place.

Prem fixtures out on Wednesday so that should start generating some interest again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ya maybe, but even after the end of a season/show there is often some residual chat for a few weeks, months even. This one must be pretty unique in terms of swiftness of shutdown in interest.

Not saying that's a bad thing BTW, its just the nature of the place.

Prem fixtures out on Wednesday so that should start generating some interest again.

Booked flights to liverpool for 20 quid for halloween weekend, hopefully there will be a decent game on, knowing my luck they will be playing away :pac:

For 20 snots its worth the chance though, tempted to book another weekend too and double my chances of a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Booked flights to liverpool for 20 quid for halloween weekend, hopefully there will be a decent game on, knowing my luck they will be playing away :pac:

For 20 snots its worth the chance though, tempted to book another weekend too and double my chances of a good game

I usually just wait until Sky/BT announce their fixtures in July and book 3 or 4 games. Will do the same again this season. Hopefully they don't drag it out too long so the prices of flights don't fluctuate too much.

Paully D wrote: »
    I usually just wait until Sky/BT announce their fixtures in July and book 3 or 4 games. Will do the same again this season. Hopefully they don't drag it out too long so the prices of flights don't fluctuate too much.

Ah but Mr O'Leary is dead wide, if you check next weekend i bet those 20 euro flights are long gone! €120 return more than likely for a Friday to Sunday once fixtures are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Completely off-topic, Futureguy has changed his avatar. It's like I woke up and my wife had changed from blonde to brunette overnight!

Champions Cup
    Pool 1 Pool 2 Pool 3 Pool 4 Pool 5
    Sarseholes Clermont Glasgow Stade Francais Bath
    Ulster Ospreys Northhampton Munster Toulon
    Toulouse Exeter Racing 92 Leicester Leinster
    Oyonnax Bordeaux Scarlets Treviso Wasps

Tough for Leinster, not bad for munster

• Advertisement

Chelsea away :pac::pac::pac: ****ing knew it ha! Might take a trip down for the day with the away fans anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Champions Cup
    Pool 1 Pool 2 Pool 3 Pool 4 Pool 5
    Sarseholes Clermont Glasgow Stade Francais Bath
    Ulster Ospreys Northhampton Munster Toulon
    Toulouse Exeter Racing 92 Leicester Leinster
    Oyonnax Bordeaux Scarlets Treviso Wasps

Tough for Leinster, not bad for munster

Sarseholes great typo

Dustin Brown, the Mickey Turner of tennis :)

Cracking match against Nadal going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dustin Brown, the Mickey Turner of tennis :)

Cracking match against Nadal going on!

The Milli Vanilli lookalike! :D Was quality, totally off the cuff style, failed to get through the next round though :(

Murray after being whipped 3-0 by veteren Federer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Invincible wrote: »
    Murray after being whipped 3-0 by veteren Federer :-)

Harsh on Murray ,he didn't play bad at all.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Harsh on Murray ,he didn't play at all.

Only saw last set, he was poor surely.

Invincible wrote: »
    Only saw last set, he was poor surely.

Federer played some absolutely fantastic tennis. His serving was immense and has been generally exceptional recently. Murray's strength is in his returns and he couldn't get close to Fed today.

Anyone else and Murray would have been bringing it to 4/5 sets at the very least.

Hopefully Fed wins on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Federer was class today barely broke a sweat.

• Advertisement

Great game between Clare & Cork on at moment :)

Advertisement