Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

Congratulations !!! :D:D:D

impossible :pac:

which makes it worrying
    i had protein this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think Whey baby has a good ring to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Mmmmm chicken & bacon ranch subway for breakfast in bed, nom nom :)

Now to waste this beautiful day sleeping after a night shift :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My dress arrived :D I'm at work so I can't try it on yet, but it appears to be perfect *happy dance*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I really want to go to the cinema today. I want to see 21 Jump Street, Titanic 3D and Cabin in the Woods but don't know how to choose because two of them are on around the same time. Hopefully my Mam can drop us in because I can't really afford the bus seeing as I got no money yesterday because the Social sort of effed up. :mad: My bf said he wants to bring me to the cinema because we never really go out together and he wants to treat me, bless him. :)

Hopefully my bf will wake soon and we can see what we're going to do for the day because I really want to get out of the house. My brother was going to come too but he's decided he's "not ar**d" but I think it's because he stood up to Mam last night and he wants to keep the peace even if it means him staying in the house for the day. *sigh* :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I really want to go to the cinema today. I want to see 21 Jump Street, Titanic 3D and Cabin in the Woods but don't know how to choose because two of them are on around the same time. Hopefully my Mam can drop us in because I can't really afford the bus seeing as I got no money yesterday because the Social sort of effed up. :mad: My bf said he wants to bring me to the cinema because we never really go out together and he wants to treat me, bless him. :)

Hopefully my bf will wake soon and we can see what we're going to do for the day because I really want to get out of the house. My brother was going to come too but he's decided he's "not ar**d" but I think it's because he stood up to Mam last night and he wants to keep the peace even if it means him staying in the house for the day. *sigh* :confused:
    Bloody wake him up. It's nearly midday ffs. You guys rarely see one another, he should be up long ago.

How can you afford the cinema but not the bus? Your mam will most probably be pissed off, don't blame her either. I'd be very grateful to her and show it if she does drop you in.

Maple wrote: »
    Bloody wake him up. It's nearly midday ffs. You guys rarely see one another, he should be up long ago.

How can you afford the cinema but not the bus? Your mam will most probably be pissed off, don't blame her either. I'd be very grateful to her and show it if she does drop you in.

Well I'm sorry but he's sick actually so that's why he's asleep. As I said in my last post my he said he wanted to pay for the cinema so that's how I can afford it. I don't really know why you think my mam should be pissed off though. I didn't do anything to her. I'll think twice about my posts in future then.

Well I'm sorry but he's sick actually so that's why he's asleep. As I said in my last post my he said he wanted to pay for the cinema so that's how I can afford it. I don't really know why you think my mam should be pissed off though. I didn't do anything to her. I'll think twice about my posts in future then.

Can he not pay for the bus as well? But if he's sick he probably shouldn't be going to the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Wow im having such a freak out about my exams today. I would rather be doing anything than study at the moment. Very sick of all this.

I is sad :(

Your sense of entitlement is shocking. You're an adult, find your own way to the cinema. Stop whining about how horrible your mother is and perhaps do something nice with her instead. Try seeing things from her perspective for a change. It might help improve your relationship with her. And if it doesn't well you've at least tried.

• Advertisement

Can he not pay for the bus as well? But if he's sick he probably shouldn't be going to the cinema.

I don't really want to have to ask him to do that tbh. I said that but he's sort of insisting on it.

Your sense of entitlement is shocking. You're an adult, find your own way to the cinema. Stop whining about how horrible your mother is and perhaps do something nice with her instead. Try seeing things from her perspective for a change. It might help improve your relationship with her. And if it doesn't well you've at least tried.

I never said that I thought that she should bring me to the cinema actually so I really do know where you got that from. I feel like you're attacking me here so I'm not going to post about my mother from now on because people seem to be getting the wrong idea about the situation and me.

Jane, if you can't afford the bus then I doubt you were planning on offering her money for petrol... would you? Bus would be cheaper... or do you just expect that because she's your mother you don't have to pay her for petrol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I just logged in and found i had a private message, asking ' was i hot' ....

I AM MARRIED!

Havent replied yet... I wonder what be going on in peoples' heads!

*must not have been reading the threads about weight! wonder what he or she has been reading ??? :eek:

Jane, if you can't afford the bus then I doubt you were planning on offering her money for petrol... would you? Bus would be cheaper... or do you just expect that because she's your mother you don't have to pay her for petrol?

I don't expect anything from anyone.

Dolorous wrote: »
    My dress arrived :D I'm at work so I can't try it on yet, but it appears to be perfect *happy dance*

Are you going home for lunch or do you have to wait till works finished?

I don't expect anything from anyone.

So you were planning on giving her money?

Good stuff outta you.

I had this opinion of you that you just kinda assumed that your mother would drop everything to bring you and your boyfriend to the cinema without so much as a thanks.

I'm glad your not like that though. People like that really annoy me.

Are you going home for lunch or do you have to wait till works finished?

I can't go home for lunch, but I'm contemplating locking myself into a meeting room just to try it on ¬_¬

I just logged in and found i had a private message, asking ' was i hot' ....

I AM MARRIED!

Havent replied yet... I wonder what be going on in peoples' heads!

*must not have been reading the threads about weight! wonder what he or she has been reading ??? :eek:

I replied with this:

Yes ;)

but, I am Married! With 3 children!!!

Better luck next time....

Regards

Grindel....

Not telling on who my admirer is though, my secret! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I can't go home for lunch, but I'm contemplating locking myself into a meeting room just to try it on ¬_¬

Dooooo itttt! And then PM us all pictures :D

Feeling quite hurt right now so I think I'll leave the posting for a while. I really had no idea people saw me as ungrateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Very exciting! Do we get a preview? :D

Edit: Lola just beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

What happened to attacking the post, not the poster?

Jane is perfectly entitled to whine about her mother if she wants to, this is the "what made made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry" thread afterall.

No one's forcing you to read her posts in depth, you could just skip over them if they bother you that much. No need to have a hissy fit over them.

Feeling quite hurt right now so I think I'll leave the posting for a while. I really had no idea people saw me as ungrateful.

Jane, please don’t think of it as people ganging up on you – it’s more that people can only be so polite for so long. You appear to have no interest in becoming an independent adult and that frustrates people.
    Susie_Q wrote: »
    Very exciting! Do we get a preview? :D

Edit: Lola just beat me to it!

Oh you guys :D Depends on whether it's manky on or not!

Jane, please don’t think of it as people ganging up on you – it’s more that people can only be so polite for so long. You appear to have no interest in becoming an independent adult and that frustrates people.
    If I could thank this a million times I would. That's exactly what it is.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I love a good row.

*settles down with some popcorn*

Don't judge me, I can't be the only one thinkin this :P

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Jaysus, I love a good row.

*settles down with some popcorn*

Don't judge me, I can't be the only one thinkin this :P

*steals popcorn*
    i'm hungry again. i'm embarrassed how much i have eaten this morning :pac:

better bring osky for a walk this evening if it's not raining
    he's giving me the puppy eyes all the time
    i try explaining to him he hates the rain so there's no point, but he won't believe me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It's my first time posting here but I need somewhere to vent.

Some guy in AH just p!ssed me off!! He is clearly a troll but it bothers me that he is referring to something I am dealing with on a minute- to- minute basis.

I have MS, and HATE that I have to claim any benefits but this guy is referring to his "uncle" who has loads of perks. It's just not my reality and I hate to think there are people out there who think that I am sponging (and getting free cars!) on the back of my illness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

this thesis is going to be the death of me!!!

but on the plus side i got POTD again!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Can we have a picture of Osky? You might have put one up before but I missed it. I love dogs! Also where did you get his name from?

• Advertisement

I really didn't realise. I'm sorry everyone. I'm quite upset now so I don't know when I'll post again. I thought I was entitled to post what I wanted here but obviously not. I always say I don't care what people think of me but I do and I really didn't realise that's what you all thought.

this thesis is going to be the death of me!!!

but on the plus side i got POTD again!! :D

I immediately thought you meant something like PTSD except with T for thesis or something :pac:

Osky is short for oscar :)
    can't call him near the neighbours at my grandparents' though as they named their baby oscar :pac:

i've a million pictures of him, i'll post again soon
    i might have some in the pics thread in animals&pet issues forum
    ElleEm wrote: »
    It's my first time posting here but I need somewhere to vent.

Some guy in AH just p!ssed me off!! He is clearly a troll but it bothers me that he is referring to something I am dealing with on a minute- to- minute basis.

I have MS, and HATE that I have to claim any benefits but this guy is referring to his "uncle" who has loads of perks. It's just not my reality and I hate to think there are people out there who think that I am sponging (and getting free cars!) on the back of my illness.

I'm still (perhaps naively) convinced he was taking the piss of the usual "omg i hate dole scroungers" threads. I know it must be hurtful when it seems targetted at you though xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Guys I don't really want to get involved in a huge row, but there's no need to be so harsh on Jane. She doesn't judge anyone else's lives on here, so we shouldn't do it to her. I just think it all got a bit personal.

Just my 2c anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Mmmmm chicken & bacon ranch subway for breakfast in bed, nom nom :)
    Now to waste this beautiful day sleeping after a night shift :D

What a coincidence,i had that for dinner last night :eek:

What a coincidence,i had that for dinner last night :eek:

what a coinky-dink :P

They seriously are amazing... I want another one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Fvck me... just felt the earthquake that hit Indonesia. Am on the east coast of India and everyone in my office felt it. People ran out onto the streets in confusion wondering how bad it would get. Luckily just tremors here but still waiting on news reports of how bad Indonesia has been hit.

Tsunami warning issued for all of the Indian Ocean... bollox! Am 60km from the coast so should be fine here but lots of people won't be. Fingers crossed the tsunami stays as a warning only and not an actuality.

:(
    Eeek, hope you're OK.

Going to the cinema today with my cousins girlfriend and their kids to see “The Pirates! In An Adventure with Scientists”, should be a fun, but tiring afternoon.

Food now, mmm.

Jane is perfectly entitled to whine about her mother if she wants to, this is the "what made made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry" thread afterall.

No one's forcing you to read her posts in depth, you could just skip over them if they bother you that much. No need to have a hissy fit over them.
    That's fair enough, perhaps I was overly harsh. I do refute the hissy fit accusation tho, while possibly I could have been more constructive I still think there is truth in what I said.

Going against the rant in R&R is generally not allowed. However there is a poster who has been posting repeatedly for at least a year about the same issue. He won't do anything about it. Just posts about it all the time. Despite the rules, a lot of people who sympathise have understandably become frustrated with him and told him to cop on. It doesn't mean he's not in a bad situation, it doesn't mean people don't care about his problems, and it doesn't mean he should drop off the face of the earth.
    Same thing here.
    We're all concerned for jane because a lot of us have family problems too. but when it's the same thing & she seems overly dependent on her bf and mother and doing nothing in general, yea, we get a bit frustrated. Partly on her behalf.

I don't want jane to stop posting, we're all like a little family in here, but I hope she will take a step back and review things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Get off the computer and have one then :)

I love day time naps. Don't get to have them as often anymore. Kinda miss them.

I love naps... I feel like today is going to be one long nap though. I had to ring in sick to work today... and I really needed the money! I have the feeling I have the flu and it seriously sucks. The one week I get extra hours in work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jaysus there's some atmosphere in here today.

Tea for everyone. Tea fixes all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Jaysus there's some atmosphere in here today.

Tea for everyone. Tea fixes all!

1 sugar and a good drop of milk thanks :D

Anyone got some biscuits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I don't think it got bitchy at all, people were just expressing their opinion. It can't always be {{{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}}} and flowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

This is an emotions thread that others read, it's not a make me feel better thread. Some people just randomly post their good / bad / what ever feelings and others post regularly.

My issue with some people constantly going on about the same problem is the fact they don't seem to be doing anything to fix said problem.

As Einstein said - Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hey guys,

Just want to say that I might not be posting for a little bit. I'm going to be honest and say that I was hurt by some of what was said about me and my posts. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and there but I think me taking a break from posting might be a good idea. The atmosphere of the thread suffers because of what I post sometimes and I don't want that to be so.

Sorry if I've upset anyone with anything I've posted.

I'll be back soon.

Hey guys,

Just want to say that I might not be posting for a little bit. I'm going to be honest and say that I was hurt by some of what was said about me and my posts. I'll keep an eye on the thread here and there but I think me taking a break from posting might be a good idea. The atmosphere of the thread suffers because of what I post sometimes and I don't want that to be so.

I'll be back soon.

Of course you are entitled to post what you want, but maybe instead of getting hurt, take this opportunity to re-evaulate things. You don’t really think people are being nasty for the sake of it, do you? No-one wants to see you wasting your life away being unhappy and opportunities are not just going to come knocking on your door. You need to make things happen for yourself. Best of luck.

I totally did that in the disabled loo the day my ballgown arrived from Light in the Box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is what this thread used to be. Now its more of a chat thread and some people see it as like their daily blog.

I dunno, maybe I didn't get the memo about the change. :confused:

Larianne wrote: »
    This is what this thread used to be. Now its more of a chat thread and some people see it as like their daily blog.

I dunno, maybe I didn't get the memo about it. :confused:

Threads evolve. It happens.

Of course you are entitled to post what you want, but maybe instead of getting hurt, take this opportunity to re-evaulate things. You don’t really think people are being nasty for the sake of it, do you? No-one wants to see you wasting your life away being unhappy and opportunities are not just going to come knocking on your door. You need to make things happen for yourself. Best of luck.

It's hard no to be hurt by a lot of what was said actually. I don't think people were nasty for the sake of it but I am also entitled to be hurt. I know opportunities are not going to just come knocking on my door, that's why I'm going back to college in September to give myself more options. Thanks for the reply to my post though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hey guys,

I'll be back soon.

Nothing that has been said has been said with the intention to hurt you. None of us know the exact details of what goes on in your life other than what you post her but maple was trying to offering something constructive. It may have felt a bit harsh but thems the breaks.

It and any post after it are intended to be helpful to your situation in response to the way your posts come across. No one wants you to stop posting, they want to help you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement