Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

James Ward Prowse of Southampton at 5.0 must be considered for the 5th mid slot given his ability around set pieces.

It will be interesting to see where he fits in with Koeman plans but I would be hopefull that he will be a regular this season, top of my watch list anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Joey Barton on the watch list anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Fraser Forster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

8-10 wrote: »
    Joey Barton on the watch list anyone?

Police watchlist perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Police watchlist perhaps.

"what has he said on twitter this time" watchlist

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I wonder what price Vidal will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

dahat wrote: »
    I wonder what price Vidal will be?

Ooh, you big tease, you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Vermaelen to Barca is official now so that's the end of that.

So are people gambling on Chambers? I know a lot of money was spent on him but surely he's far from guaranteed time, even without Vermaelen & Mert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Danger781 wrote: »
    Vermaelen to Barca is official now so that's the end of that.

So are people gambling on Chambers? I know a lot of money was spent on him but surely he's far from guaranteed time, even without Vermaelen & Mert
    He'll definitely start the first match and maybe the second. I won't be punting, but if we keep a cleanie against Palace then you could be in for a nice price rise from the lemmings transferring him in

• Advertisement

He'll definitely start the first match and maybe the second. I won't be punting, but if we keep a cleanie against Palace then you could be in for a nice price rise from the lemmings transferring him in

Won't say no to a price rise in the first week of the game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Someone would want to slap Garry Monk in the face and tell him that playing 2 strikers up top with Sigurdsson out wide in a 4-4-2 is a stupid move and also detrimental to my FPL plans. :pac: In all seriousness, if Sigurdsson is going to be playing out wide then he's not much good to us, even at £6m. Hopefully he will see sense.

Lamela fielded in the hole once again for Spurs with Eriksen on the right. Ugh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

coutinho the one ill be watching and maybe yaya sanogo

Any thoughts on Ferdinand at only 4.5? I imagine he will probably be playing almost every game?

Paully D wrote: »
    Lamela fielded in the hole once again for Spurs with Eriksen on the right. Ugh. :pac:

What about their back 4? Who's on?

Any thoughts on Ferdinand at only 4.5? I imagine he will probably be playing almost every game?

I imagine he won't. He's not able to.

I imagine he won't. He's not able to.

That's what crossed my mind as well. But between himself and Dunne they're not exactly a fountain of youth :pac:

That's what crossed my mind as well. But between himself and Dunne they're not exactly a fountain of youth :pac:

I imagine he'll be fine for 1 game a week. Entering into the festive season less so, when the fixtures pile up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

How come he'll definitely start the first? Injuries?

Mertesacker only starts training tomorrow and we have nobody else to play center half besides Monreal maybe

Mertesacker not up to speed yet after WC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Even though I'm bricking it by going for Ramsey over Sanchez to free up funds, a goal and an assist for Ramsey while Sanchez is withdrawn at half-time today is encouraging ahead of the opener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Someone would want to slap Garry Monk in the face and tell him that playing 2 strikers up top with Sigurdsson out wide in a 4-4-2 is a stupid move and also detrimental to my FPL plans. :pac: In all seriousness, if Sigurdsson is going to be playing out wide then he's not much good to us, even at £6m. Hopefully he will see sense.

Yeah I'm having second thoughts about Sigurdson, I might try stretch to Eriksen or Lamela instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Even though I'm bricking it by going for Ramsey over Sanchez to free up funds, a goal and an assist for Ramsey while Sanchez is withdrawn at half-time today is encouraging ahead of the opener.

How did Sanchez look overall?

Giroud good?

djPSB wrote: »
    How did Sanchez look overall?

Giroud good?

Sanchez isn't fully match fit. Showed some neat touches, although Ramsey is definitely sharper with a full pre season behind him. Giroud didnt do a whole lot other than the goal, but it was a great goal. realistically might take him a game or 2 to get up to speed, like Sanchez he's playing catch-up in terms of fitness/sharpness. Ramsey and Cazorla look best equipped to get off to a good start, tho Cazorla could make way for Ozil, whenever the party boy makes it back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any word on what chelsea's back four will be?

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Or keeper for that matter! !

manual_man wrote: »
    Sanchez isn't fully match fit. Showed some neat touches, although Ramsey is definitely sharper with a full pre season behind him. Giroud didnt do a whole lot other than the goal, but it was a great goal. realistically might take him a game or 2 to get up to speed, like Sanchez he's playing catch-up in terms of fitness/sharpness. Ramsey and Cazorla look best equipped to get off to a good start, tho Cazorla could make way for Ozil, whenever the party boy makes it back

Will watch motd tomorrow, but seems clear now that Ramsey is the better option for GW1. Think I'll have to swap them and put the 1.5 somewhere i can get at it if Sanchez is firing.

Seems to be a big risk in general to count on anyone who was past the last 16 in Brazil.

Ideally with his high ownership Sanchez could drop a couple of points on price if he's subbed again v Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

FHFC wrote: »
    Or keeper for that matter! !

It's hard to commit 6m+ when literally any of them could end up on the bench!

It's hard to commit 6m+ when literally any of them could end up on the bench!

last friendly v Sociedad on Tuesday that might shed some light

• Advertisement

I really want a Chelsea defender and am on Azpi right now. Just for the reason that Mourinho loves his defensive ability and he can play either fullback position

Advertisement