Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Poyet still unsure over number one keeper and striker:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11383059.Mannone_to_play_in_Portugal_as_Poyet_assesses_merits_of_Sunderland_goalkeepers/?ref=twtrec
    “They will play one game each for 90 minutes and that was always what I wanted to do,” said Poyet. “It's a similar situation with Steven Fletcher and Connor Wickham for the striker place.

"At the moment, I don't have too many decisions apart from the goalkeepers.”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Because the English media won't hear a bad word said about one of their own:pac:

What's your take on the moon landing and 9/11:p

He's a bit pricier this year but I think Marco "Arnie" Arnautovic will have a big year for Stoke, he's my mid price midfielder of choice at the moment. I also think Tom Huddlestone can b a good option this year, real pity he missed a penalty the other night as he may not see another one now.

Haha yeah there's just so many options in that 5-6.5 bracket. I only need one so Siggy seems the sensible option. Had Arnie in an earlier draught he's definitely a prospect, although a little hard to predict where most of Stoke's attacking points will come from; Arnie, Odemwinge, Crouch/Diouf, Adam, Sidwell, Ireland(having a great pre-season, apparently), and of course, Super Bojan...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »

Be some bit of reshuffling of mannone/krul back lines now!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,828 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That increases the chances of Hummels I think

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

Yeah. Who'll come into the game at 5.5 or more likely 6.0... :(

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah. Who'll come into the game at 5.5 or more likely 6.0... :(

Try 6.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,828 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    Try 6.5...

I think just 6.0 myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

Hummels is not leaving dortmund. end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So what do we make of Callum Chambers as an early gamble?

Arsenal may only have 1 CB going into the start of the season if Mert won't play and Vermaelen is sold. Chambers and Monreal have been slotting in at CB the last few games I believe. At 4.5 it's something to look at early on, maybe.

• Advertisement

Rightlad91 wrote: »

Sorry, Matt Hummels' agent/brother/significant other.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Rightlad91 wrote: »

Right lad..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

spurs supposedly in for a 17m Argentine defender from Villarreal. that means Dier wouldn't be a good player to put in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »

It has all the hallmarks of a deadline day signing. He'd be a nice way to save £0.5m on the other Manchester United defenders or £1m if you're going with Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    It has all the hallmarks of a deadline day signing. He'd be a nice way to save £0.5m on the other Manchester United defenders or £1m if you're going with Shaw.

he is not fit though. so either way will be September before he becomes a regular

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    he is not fit though. so either way will be September before he becomes a regular

Perfect storm would be if he was signed before Gw1 and was brought in en masse. If he stayed injury free, but wasn't deemed fit enough till 4 or 5 GWs down the line, he might drop to 4.7ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »

I can't see Hummels going to United with no CL football this season.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I can't see Hummels going to United with no CL football this season.

No chance, all but confirmed by himself on his Twitter feed a few days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isla going to QPR apparently. Could be a good option for an attacking full back?

@BenDinnery: AP confirms de Jong (toe) & Tiote (hamstring) are doubtful for next weekends opener "Whether they make the first game I don't know" #NUFC

.De Jong will be one quite a few will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »
    @BenDinnery: AP confirms de Jong (toe) & Tiote (hamstring) are doubtful for next weekends opener "Whether they make the first game I don't know" #NUFC

.De Jong will be one quite a few will have.

Can we have an injury thread this year? Would be good to have one place where injury news and updates like this are kept and would be pretty useful

8-10 wrote: »
    Can we have an injury thread this year? Would be good to have one place where injury news and updates like this are kept and would be pretty useful

I was looking for somewhere to post that but here was the best fit, injuries thread would be ideal but I was wary of thread overload.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

knockaert from leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Everton are taking Chelsea winger Christian Atsu on loan for the season. Could be a decent option depending on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    knockaert from leicester

What's your reasoning for him over the likes of King/Albrighton/Drinkwater? Don't know much about any of the Leicester midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Is Isla confirmed. Don't see him on the transfers page...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

What's your reasoning for him over the likes of King/Albrighton/Drinkwater? Don't know much about any of the Leicester midfield!

I followed the championship a lot last year, along with Vardy, Nugent and Drinkwater, Knockaert was one the attacking players that stood out. Also like Scott Arfield and Ings/Vokes were lethal. QPR really struggled to convert for long periods of time. All these players along with Schmeichel are on my radar once burnley and leicester fixtures get better.

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    knockaert from leicester

Came off injured in their last friendly too.

And he's 5.5m! For round that price thereare lots of proven alternatives.

Advertisement