Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,934 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah.. have Austin benched atm due to QPR being so crap away from home but at the same time i'm not comfortable havin him there with the form he's in

Austin is more likely to do something in a bad fixture than Siggy is in a good fixture Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Austin is more likely to do something in a bad fixture than Siggy is in a good fixture Imo.

yeah i've changed it around. Siggy on the bench. might be called upon anyway. let the madness begin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah i've changed it around. Siggy on the bench. might be called upon anyway. let the madness begin

Good decision. I always go form over fixtures. Austin had the ball in the net three times against Chelsea away but just one goal awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Good decision. I always go form over fixtures. Austin had the ball in the net three times against Chelsea away but just one goal awarded.

I thought that was against City no?

jebforever wrote: »
    I thought that was against City no?

You are correct, it was against City:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29860232

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So is today the start of the annual Adam-Johnson-4-goals-in-4-games run?
    DANGER DANGER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Any chance of games getting cancelled due to weather

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sword1 wrote: »
    Any chance of games getting cancelled due to weather

Always a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Neil Warnock's record as a Premier League boss:

Games 76. Won 17. Drawn 19. Lost 40. Win % - 22.4%. Points - 70/228

Surely that's the last PL job he'll get. Would be good if Palace got a decent manager in this time which would make their defenders viable options again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Brought Austin in as soon as Warnock was sacked. With QPR at home, Austin in form, and Crystal Palace being the not-Tony Pulis Crystal Palace, I reckon it's 6 points at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I've forgotten my password and the link they send you to reset your password is broken, any ideas what I can do ? ( other than remembering my password )

Neil Warnock's record as a Premier League boss:

Games 76. Won 17. Drawn 19. Lost 40. Win % - 22.4%. Points - 70/228

Surely that's the last PL job he'll get. Would be good if Palace got a decent manager in this time which would make their defenders viable options again.

I always said he was a terrible appointment. Got relegated as a manager before and tried to blame Carlos Tevez when all his team had to do was beat Wigan at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

When I heard that Pulis left and Warnock was a candidate for the job I immediately took Palace at 13/8 to get relegated. Warnock is a Championship level manager at best, just doesn't seem to get the best out of any of his players. I'm hoping they convince Iain Dowie to take up the reins now! He was interviewed for the role last year when Holloway got sacked so there is some hope. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2506928/Iain-Dowie-holds-talks-Crystal-Palace-return.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

On a terrible run. Cannot wait for this wildcard. Whole season hangs on getting it right

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Discovered something gvery interesting last game week..

A bunch of us split the season in Two for mini league purposes.

1 -17
    18 - 38

Now when 17 ended a player took a -32 bit when the new league started on gw18 the hit wasn't accounted for in his score. Highly unfair but clever of him as well

dahat wrote: »
    Discovered something gvery interesting last game week..

A bunch of us split the season in Two for mini league purposes.

1 -17
    18 - 38

Now when 17 ended a player took a -32 bit when the new league started on gw18 the hit wasn't accounted for in his score. Highly unfair but clever of him as well

Hardly unfair when it was an option open to everyone.
    As you say though, was clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Surely he couldnt have been doing well if he needed to do a -32 hit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dempsey wrote: »
    Surely he couldnt have been doing well if he needed to do a -32 hit

Not too bad really, didn't think he needed it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I found it surprising when browsing the Ireland rankings on FPL that only one (4th place) of the top 20 appears to be in any sort of Boards.ie league. Admittedly, it was just a quick glance moreso than anything else but as I said, I found it surprising.

With the way the forum is performing of late, I'm sure it won't be long before word spreads and players who post on the likes of FF Scout and similar start contributing here in addition.

How do you lads think that would impact on this forum as a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Can someone explain to me how the bonus points works??

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the bonus points works??

Learn for yourself: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

What to do with this team? Have 2ft's. Advice be appreciated. Had a terrible week so far

Hart, myhill\
    Hutton, zab, dummet, wisdom, bertruad\
    Downing,Boyd, hazard, yaya, Sanchez\
    Costa, bony, Austin.\

I've 0.6m in bank

F1ngers wrote: »

I feel like I've started something very beautiful.

martin101 wrote: »
    What to do with this team? Have 2ft's. Advice be appreciated. Had a terrible week so far

Hart, myhill\
    Costa, bony, Austin.\

I've 0.6m in bank

Everything depends on Yaya's fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

martin101 wrote: »

Hart, myhill\
    Costa, bony, Austin.\

I've 0.6m in bank

And might be worth shipping Bony out too if you're not planning on using your wildcard early.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

lads I can't wait for the January Wildcard!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Jason Puncheon has to be back on the radar now. Lets see who comes in but an old favourite might get a new lease of life now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Jason Puncheon has to be back on the radar now. Lets see who comes in but an old favourite might get a new lease of life now

With Boyd performing regardless of fixture I can't see Puncheon in my team.

Was he played out of position all time this season? His stats are not great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

wonski wrote: »
    With Boyd performing regardless of fixture I can't see Puncheon in my team.

Was he played out of position all time this season? His stats are not great tbh.

Emphasis on the "radar" :)

He has had great returns the past few seasons, I'd ignore this season so far as himself and Warnock didn't see eye to eye and more importantly played sporadically. If something were to happen Siggy or Downing I'd be talking 4th mid. Seemed to have a lot of action on MOTD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He started well with a goal and 3 assists in 5 games ( Arsenal, Newcastle and Everton among teams he scored against).

2 yellow cards and 6 goals conceded in last 3 though.

Looking at his history he played a lot - 10 full games and 1215 minutes total (including 2 games with 0-2 minutes. Full time player really.

Advertisement