Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think I'll pull the trigger on the Jan WC as soon as it's available. Really tired of having Mannone and Moore in my squad and I'll have Yun, Bony, and probably Yaya all gone after Jan 1 for AFCON and Asia Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    I honestly can't remember a season where so many players were vying for our attention. That's the headache really. Bony i fear not having at the moment, Downing likewise (and i never thought i'd say that), and there's a bunch of other players making a good cause for inclusion. Costa i'm inclined to hold on to, i still feel he's likely to have big gameweeks, he's just too good. Siggy is just such a quality player and i can't bring myself to ditch him either. Austin has been on fire and tasty fixtures til the new year. Giroud i got in primarily with GW18 in mind. Sterling is falling in price but i just can't bring myself to ditch him - he's looked excellent lately without matching the performances with returns (DeGea masterclass didn't help :mad:) - i hope i'm not being blinded by my L.F.C. goggles but i'm confident enough my patience will be rewarded in keeping him. Baines is a bit of a headache. Such poor returns lately...:confused: but honestly i'll probably keep him til the Jan WC and re-assess then

That's the thing, the players I listed aren't doing particularly awful, and they have potential to get decent returns. But are you say there are so many viable alternatives that I worry about not having. That list must be at least as long as the list of players I wouldn't mind moving on!

Downing
    Bony
    RVP
    Giroud
    Terry
    Kompany (if/when fit)
    Eriksen
    Yaya/Nasri/Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Probably means nothing but Bertie played left of the three attackers for Soton tonight. Very understrength team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probably means nothing but Bertie played left of the three attackers for Soton tonight. Very understrength team.

Pelle was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I'm all stocked up for Christmas but with the Cup GW I had to move sooner than I would have ideally liked.

Here's my dilemma, should I just pick a name out of a hat, draw the shortest straw!?

Midfield options

Yaya - Eriksen - Hazard - Downing - Sanchez

Forwards

Giroud - Bony - Austin

If you had to drop one player for this GW, which one would it be and why?

Right now Downing is benched, the reason - most his goals and points have been scored on the road this season. Reading another post I see Burnley haven't conceded many goals, Spurs have been poor at home.

I'm aiming to dump Giroud after the QPR game but I'll wait to see how he gets on against Liverpool first, they've got tough fixtures but this hasn't stopped him scoring so I'm undecided on this. I had to bring someone in for Dzeko and my options were limited, not ideal doubling up on Arsenal players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sterling playing up front for Liverpool. If Liverpool manage to find their feet he'll be a must have. Liverpool actually have a cracking run of fixtures too. Too many decent midfield options at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Arbitrary wrote: »
    I'm all stocked up for Christmas but with the Cup GW I had to move sooner than I would have ideally liked.

Here's my dilemma, should I just pick a name out of a hat, draw the shortest straw!?

Midfield options

Yaya - Eriksen - Hazard - Downing - Sanchez

Forwards

Giroud - Bony - Austin

If you had to drop one player for this GW, which one would it be and why?

Right now Downing is benched, the reason - most his goals and points have been scored on the road this season. Reading another post I see Burnley haven't conceded many goals, Spurs have been poor at home.

I'm aiming to dump Giroud after the QPR game but I'll wait to see how he gets on against Liverpool first, they've got tough fixtures but this hasn't stopped him scoring so I'm undecided on this. I had to bring someone in for Dzeko and my options were limited, not ideal doubling up on Arsenal players.

That's a tough one alright. If it was me I'd probably drop Giroud though as I think you have to play Downing at home vs Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone think Chadli might get a start this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

jimmii wrote: »
    Anyone think Chadli might get a start this weekend?

possibly but his guarantee of starts is long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

LostArt wrote: »
    possibly but his guarantee of starts is long gone

Yeh certainly looks to be the case. Just deciding who to move on first Chadli or Siggy. Chadli probably the better option at least Siggy is going to get minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I'm just wondering why so many people are getting rid of Siggy?

He's still averaging more than Sterling, Yaya or Silva, and he only plays a top 4 team once in the next 9 matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Posada wrote: »

He's still averaging more than Sterling, Yaya or Silva, and he only plays a top 4 team once in the next 9 matches.

Alot of people have Bony and don't want two Swansea attackers. That's my reason for parting with him anyway. Bony gives the better bang for your buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Posada wrote: »

I've just lost my patience with him. Yaya is on form and has penalties added while Aguero is out. Sterling is playing up front, Silva is also likely to be playing in a much more advanced position while Aguero and all the other strikers are out.

I've only got 1 of the 3 players you mentioned btw, just saying what the lure would hypothetically be to sign them.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Need to decide who plays alongside terry and baines:

Yun - WBA (H)

or

Neil Taylor - Hull (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

bezuaua wrote: »
    Need to decide who plays alongside terry and baines:

Yun - WBA (H)

or

Neil Taylor - Hull (A)

I have both of them as well and would play Yun ahead of Taylor this weekend. Having said that, William Hill have QPR at 9/5 to keep a clean sheet, and Swansea at 7/4, so the Swans shading it very slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

To start Wisdom vs QPR or Dummett vs Sunderland?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

To start Wisdom vs QPR or Dummett vs Sunderland?

Was wondering about this myself so checked the PP clean sheets odds and Newcastle are 6/4 and WBA 5/2 so guess it's as good a way as any to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

stewart downing is doing my f***ing nut in at the moment. i had to say it

Same here. Not a great time to get him now though with Arsenal and Chelsea coming up. Though the way West Ham are playing, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they got something from those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

He is going to go up in value. But you also have to consider his next three fixture are Chelsea(A), Arsenal(H) and West Brom(A). Not exactly the easiest run. So his points return shouldn't be huge in the short term.

I'm probably not going to get him in. Will spend my FT on Silva instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Same here. Not a great time to get him now though with Arsenal and Chelsea coming up. Though the way West Ham are playing, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if they got something from those games.

i know. 3rd highest scoring mid and nearly half way thru the season. INSANE. can't believe it's the same player that was so utterly atrocious at Liverpool. hopefully he calms the jets for the next few games, tho i may have to get him in in Januray

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

bought him GW11 he then got injured and due to a few more injuries I had to sell spmeone so sold him for victor ****ong Moses who proceeded to get injured after 55 minutes
    WORST TRANSFER EVER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Same Im going to be stubborn and wont be getting him until jan wildcard if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

I got rid of him for siggy 4 weeks ago... assist asisn't goal goal since. And siggy has done nothing. Sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is it just me or is totalFPL not working?

Just checked there, working fine for me.

Edit: Just the main page is, no luck with rivals page

Wasn't working for me yesterday for the bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭G1032

Not working for the bonus points

Yeah Rivals and BonusPoints pages not working this weekend.

• Advertisement

So is today the start of the annual Adam-Johnson-4-goals-in-4-games run?

Advertisement