Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just noticed that my next post (i.e this one) was going to be my 10,000th which is quite frankly pretty frightening :pac:

So I just thought I'd thank all of ye for yer company over the last 2 years. Ye're a great bunch and it's become evident that I've become sightly obsessed with the game thanks to ye all and the FSA. A special thanks to Aaron Ramsey, Yaya Toure and of course Michael Turner who have certainly featured much too often in my thoughts.

Anyway enough of that and I'll get back to talking nonsense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just noticed that my next post (i.e this one) was going to be my 10,00th which is quite frankly pretty frightening :pac:

So I just thought I'd thank all of ye for yer company over the last 2 years. Ye're a great bunch and it's become evident that I've become sightly obsessed with the game thanks to ye all and the FSA. A special thanks to Aaron Ramsey, Yaya Toure and of course Michael Turner who have certainly featured much too often in my thoughts.

Congrats on 10k that is a lot of random FPL talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just noticed that my next post (i.e this one) was going to be my 10,00th which is quite frankly pretty frightening :pac:

Half of your posts belong to Yaya.
    Don't take credit for all the hard work he did last season:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I looked at your profile page assuming that almost all of those posts were here on FSA. I was shocked to realise you've been two timing us with some TV show called Pointless (there's a pun gag in there somewhere).
    Well done on this milestone:p, the place would be a lot poorer without you (manhug:o:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Bohs FF Comp Xmas prizes!

Hi All

First off,there are going to be close finishes in the battles for the GW17 (4 ball @ Elmgreen) and Q2 (4 ball @ Druids Heath) prizes!

Secondly,as this is more than likely the last comp I'll be running,I'm going to be extra generous this Xmas.Best score in GW 18 will win a 4 ball @ Corballis.If you're a Bohs (or Sligo!) fan you might instead like to compete for Stephen Beatty's away jersey from last season.For the former do nowt and for the latter respond SB to this email before the GW games start.

The GW19 prize is a lazy afternoon for 2 in Dublin's Fair City!Lunch for 2 in the delightful Cinnamon Cafe in Smithfield will be followed by a trip to the Savoy Cinema.

The GW20 prize on I January (just when you've gone off the booze!) will be a litre of Jameson and a tray of soft drinks.If you're a Bohs (or QPR!) fan you might want to compete instead for Brian Murphy's jersey from last season.For the former do nowt and for the latter respond BM to this email before the GW fixtures commence.

Best of luck!

Bohs FF Comp Organising Committee

• Advertisement

Can't get on to change fin team! Is everyone having trouble with FPL and UFPL right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not working / extremely slow in last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've just been messing around with some setups with the January wildcard (and big hitting strikers, with the exception of Aguero, not performing as expected) in mind.

At present, depending on how much you paid for certain players etc, it's quite possible to craft a 3-5-2 formation with 2 premium defenders who you would start every week, a 5 man midfield with any 5 of the following - Hazard, Fabregas, Sanchez, Di Maria, Sterling, Eriksen and Silva, plus then Aguero as your main striker alongside say a Charlie Austin as your two strikers.

It's not an approach I've really used in the past and it definitely has its flaws, but with the low to mid priced striking options keeping up with the vast majority of their premium counterparts, it's something I'm certainly going to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yes, I was playing around with a hypothetical wildcard. I'm thinking 3-5-2 is the way to go until Aguero is fit again at least

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yes, I was playing around with a hypothetical wildcard. I'm thinking 3-5-2 is the way to go until Aguero is fit again at least

Here's just an example of something slapped together with Aguero coming back in mind. Obviously there's going to be price rises/drops, injuries etc before then and I have put very little thought into the cheapies and just slapped it together, but it's an example:

222fee4ae06719fa9d7de41578e7939d.png

£4.4m in the bank for the final cheap defender.

Azpil and Debuchy would start every week as premiums, the midfield 5 too (you could have Fabregas in there, Eriksen instead of Sterling, there's lots of options) and Aguero and Austin up front.

Definite disadvantages - for example if Aguero was to go down as you'd be extremely light up front, but it's just another option to consider I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wisdom is your man then :cool:.

That's a strong looking team. Put Downing for Sterling and you can have Zab at the back or upgrade your 3rd striker.

iroced wrote: »
    Wisdom is your man then :cool:.

That's a strong looking team. Put Downing for Sterling and you can have Zab at the back or upgrade your 3rd striker.

Putting downing in definitely gives you a lot more options alright. Whether or not he can keep up the current scoring is another matter though! Siggy and Chadli will hopefully start scoring again soon and no doubt another 6m-7m player will state their case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Paully D wrote: »

It's not an approach I've really used in the past and it definitely has its flaws, but with the low to mid priced striking options keeping up with the vast majority of their premium counterparts, it's something I'm certainly going to consider.

You've never taken that approach before? A couple of years ago I figured that was everyone's approach with so many good mids to choose from. You basically had Walcott, Michu, Bale, Mata, Silva as the template with players like Fellaini and Gerrard on the fringes. Then up front RVP and 2 others. But if I remember correctly it was only the 2nd half of the season when 5man midfield was popular.

I think you're right and we may go that way after Jan. Like Michu and Bale before you need 2 cheaper mids to go with 3 bigger hitters. I'm not sure right now if Downing and Siggy would be up to the same standard but they might be the most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When is the draw for the cup being made ? I want to see which zombie team is knocking me out this year.

@CSF - I checked the rules already, there was no actual day/time mentioned for when the draw is made. Just that the cup starts in gameweek 18 from the top 2 million players of gw 17 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/547396907468066818

So Asia Cup and ACON players should all play on New Year's Day and then leave before the next GW

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I know rotation is to be expected this week but LVG said in his press conference that he will rotate where he can because he still has alot of injuries. I presume that means up front and maybe in midfield where there are less injuries. Maybe not good news for us Rvp owners...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

JR6 wrote: »
    I know rotation is to be expected this week but LVG said in his press conference that he will rotate where he can because he still has alot of injuries. I presume that means up front and maybe in midfield where there are less injuries. Maybe not good news for us Rvp owners...

Yeah i'm intending to captain RVP myself.
    Who starts if RVP doesnt? Falcao and Wilson? unlikely. Falcao on his own? possible but I'm not so sure. Rooney pushed up top? Possible but I think the most likely is RVP and Falcao.
    I'm taking the fact that RVP came off after 60mins last week that it was with Van Gaals intention to start him at home to Newcastle on Friday.

Who starts if RVP doesnt? Falcao and Wilson? unlikely. Falcao on his own? possible but I'm not so sure. Rooney pushed up top? Possible but I think the most likely is RVP and Falcao.
    I'm taking the fact that RVP came off after 60mins last week that it was with Van Gaals intention to start him at home to Newcastle on Friday.

I hope you're right but Falcao and Rooney up top I could see. He has Carrick, mata and now Di Maria back for midfield with the usual young and Valencia as wing backs.

I hope you're right but Falcao and Rooney up top I could see. He has Carrick, mata and now Di Maria back for midfield with the usual young and Valencia as wing backs.

Edit. Stupid phone reposting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cup draw is up:)

I love the cup

• Advertisement

I love the cup

Haven't seen this name before!

Evra Forlan Ndlovu?

They have made zero transfers! Terry, Cahill, Baines & DDG their defence is a worry! Rooney (c) too so they could definitely cause me a few problems :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    Haven't seen this name before!

Evra Forlan Ndlovu?

They have made zero transfers! Terry, Cahill, Baines & DDG their defence is a worry! Rooney (c) too so they could definitely cause me a few problems :mad:

That's an amazing team name!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Zombie zombie zombie nation!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I love the cup

I'm playing a lad ranked 3.1m out of 3.3m!

In week 9 he took a -40 hit!
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/9/

Assuming he doesn't log in he might get lucky. Dimichellis (c) FFS
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/17/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm playing a lad ranked 3.1m out of 3.3m!

In week 9 he took a -40 hit!
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/9/

Assuming he doesn't log in he might get lucky. Dimichellis (c) FFS
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/17/

Eh look at Gameweek 4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Eh look at Gameweek 4!!!

Standard 68 point hit
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/4/

With a wildcard available.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Standard 68 point hit
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/1030881/event-history/4/

With a wildcard available.

he just could not settle on a goalie :D
    given that it was gw 4 after the first int break you would assume he thought he was playing his wildcard....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bench 1 of Eriksen/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Siggy/Austin/Costa/Giroud

?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    bench 1 of Eriksen/Sterling/Hazard/Sanchez/Siggy/Austin/Costa/Giroud

?

Siggy, but he's gonna score more than at least 1 of those players when they come on for a 1 point haul.

Awkward time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Siggy, but he's gonna score more than at least 1 of those players when they come on for a 1 point haul.

Awkward time of year.

yeah.. have Austin benched atm due to QPR being so crap away from home but at the same time i'm not comfortable havin him there with the form he's in

Advertisement