Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Is it a different course than the one held on 4th July UM, I found that kinda hilly!!

TbL
    Yea tottally different side of island,starts from achill sound and heads out to grainneelles gaf,and up an enjoyable hill or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Today: plan called for a short recovery run. Felt reasonably good after yesterday's small bit of tempo so decided to push out the duration of this easy run.

Did this after work around the UCG pitches in Dangan, donned the shades and 10 metres into the run the sun disappears! Was passed by a local 2.17/2.18 marathon runner who was going at some clip (probably out on a recovery run!)

The last few miles flew by as I was joined by a buddy. Got 6.7 miles done in just over an hour.

Fifth day in a row running for the first time in yonks.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Fifth day in a row running for the first time in yonks.

TbL

thatz pimped out shizzle Tha Bitta Lemon. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Delighted fo' you:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    thatz pimped out shizzle Tha Bitta Lemon. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Delighted fo' you:D

I'm just back from postin on your log, have you been possessed :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I'm just back from postin on your log, have you been possessed :)

TbL

I is gangsta Tha Bitta Lemon.
    Ok I'll stop now:D
    http://www.gizoogle.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Absofeckinlutely T, amazing what a couple of 400m's can do for ones mindset, I was buzzin after it coz it was unplanned and unexpected.

I've had false dawns before but really hoping to build on this now, gonna ask coach to regig the plan to incorporate some track for the next couple of weeks. I've been told that strengthening the ligaments in the foot is a long term process but the feeling after yesterday's run makes it worth it!

How are you doing?

TbL

That's great to hear.

No luck or progress with my own injury so it's getting fairly frustrating for me. I'm meeting another consultant on Friday so I'm hoping he can shine some light on it. But like you, i will be back!!

Friday: no running, had a PT, strength & core session. Jezus it was tough, by the end my belly was quivering like Patrick's in Sponge Bib Square Pants. Was exposed to planks and have a new found respect for Career Moves planking ability :)

Sat: enforced rest due to visitors. A native Spanish, Canadian resident friend of mine was staying for a few days. Asked at the dinner table where the mall was? We're in the arsehole of Connemara so the missus and myself exchanged a perplexed look. "The mall as in shopping centre"? "Yea, I saw a couple of signs on the road for it". Me, "are you pulling the piss"? My buddy "no I saw signs for the Go Mall". Took us a couple of seconds to twig it, the "slow down" road signs. Go Mall ffs :) Had a late evening dip in the sea in the pissing rain.

Today: plan was to do a "long run", get into double digits and run it a bit faster than last Sunday's 9 miles. Was lovely and sunny but there was a good fresh breeze blowing. Ran from the house to Rossaveal and back. Got to 9 miles five minutes quicker than last week but slowed down considerably over the next few miles (pace went Go Mall!!).

Got 12 miles done @ 8.47 pace and had another swim in the sea.

Ate about 6 stone of fresh prawns that I'd bbq'ed, nice way to finish the weekend!

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

'Go Mall', stoopid foreigners!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Bbq prawns and a sea swim, mmmmm Good going there TBL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

This is quite useful if you want to get good at planks: www.plankathon.com ;)

• Advertisement

Monday: an very early morning start to spend the day in London and then an evening flight to Paris left me in no humour to run, so I took a rest day.

Today: flew to Vienna from Paris late this afternoon. It's been a few years since I've been in Vienna, it a quirky and cool city. I wasn't a runner the last few times I was here, was chasing booze and burds instead, so I had no idea of an suitable route. Staying close to the city centre and the hotel reception gave me directions towards the canal/river. Beautiful evening here with the temps in the mid twenties and I managed to find a trail path along the canal that was great for running on. City is packed with people dining and drinking alfresco. Passed one bar along the canal that had a man made beach complete with deck chairs. Another bar on a barge had its own pool on one side of barge and given the bam wafting of the canal in places it's probably the safest place to swim!

Got 4.7 lovely Viennese Nursing Home Special miles done @ 8.48.

Joined the crowds and had a late dinner alfresco in a typical Austrian restaurant.

Stuffed to the gutters so no planking tonight :)

Nice

TbL

Today: in Vienna again, it really is a beautiful city with great food and drink, pity I couldn't travel to places like this all the time! Had a great lunch outside in the sun, just off Stefansplatz, of pasta and wild boar, simple stuff but fantastic. The coffee is also superb, one could get used to the lifestyle here very easily.

Had meetings most of the day and it was very warm, there were maggots crawling out of the wool suit by the end of the day :)

Got out just after 6 and it was still very warm, walked up towards the cathedral (it's pretty cool and is in the middle of the shopping district) but it was packed with people so I headed back to the canal. Was a little disappointed that they were repairing the path after 2.5 miles and I couldn't go any further so I doubled back for a while before crossing over to the other side. Plenty of other runners out and every walker seemed to have a dog and I was surprised that there was hardly any dog ****e about, if it was Ireland I'd probably have to run in fishing waders!

Got 7.4 miles done in 8.50 pace, a little slower than last night but I'd to go over a few bridges and flights of steps tonight. Finished up reasonably strong but my mouth was drier than a Greek ATM :)

Off to dine alfresco again, not getting any sympathy from the missus as its pissing in Connemara!

I've a running date tomorrow, hoping they don't get cold feet!

TbL

One is green with jealousy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Today: in Vienna again, it really is a beautiful city with great food and drink, pity I couldn't travel to places like this all the time! Had a great lunch outside in the sun, just off Stefansplatz, of pasta and wild boar, simple stuff but fantastic. The coffee is also superb, one could get used to the lifestyle here very easily.

TbL

HUH, wild boar in mass supply in the West? :D

Vienna amazing, a Starbucks mug if you can :P

Landed in Dublin around 2pm today, and was more anxious than usual to get on the big road whest as I had a hot date lined up in Enfield. Typical, for the first time ever I couldn't remember where I had parked the car and I spent 15 minutes walking through the car park like a gom pressing the car fob till I eventually found the car!

I had texted Tang last week and we agreed to hook up for a cuddle and a run, he agreed as long as I brought the roses!

I was concerned reading his log durning the week that he was getting dizzy spells and I texted him to let him know that if he was still getting dizzy spells we should cancel coz I don't do mouth to mouth (resuscitation) on a first date :)

Fair play to Tang he picked a really nice route to run along the canal. Chatted away from start to finish and enjoyed it thoroughly to the extent that I didn't even notice the squadrons of flies, trailing after our sweaty heads until we finished. Tang mentioned that the food in Fureys was very good, and coz I'm outta the dating game for a while now I didn't pick up on the subtle invitation to dinner. Next time B ;)

Really enjoyed that B, and we'll go further the next time (mileage wise!)

Can't say it often enough but running in company is fantastic.

Got back to Galway, still in the running gear, and driving along the prom in Salthill I noticed it was a very high tide so I ended up going for a quick dip in Blackrock. Great for the auld legs.

Around 6.5 miles easy.

Best of luck Wednesday B.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Mills, meet Boon. Getting hot in here.

Friday: had a hour of PT, strength and core. Finally got the hang of doing proper squats and it's amazing the difference correct technique makes. Never enjoy these sessions while doing them but feel great afterwards.

Today: family day meant I didn't get out till late. Was over in Spidal craft centre where they were holding an open family day. Place was very busy with families, a gang of teenagers arrived and a few of them had these metal rods with "pickers" on the end of them that I initially thought were collecting rubbish as part of some community initiative. I asked my kids why they couldn't be do civic minded, was met by puzzled looks, "those thing for picking rubbish" I said while pointing. "Ah Dad ya big eejit, they're selfie sticks", said my eldest daughter. I was momentarily speechless, and considered giving her a clip as I thought a selfie stick might be something procured in Ann Somers! "They put phone on the end of the stick and take photos of themselves." Sure enough the young wans spent most of the afternoon fixing their hair and taking "selfies". Mother of god what's the world coming to!!

Followed that with a trip to the flix to see Minions and then brought the kids for a swim in Blackrock, high tide and waves, cool!

After all that excitement managed to get 3 miles in easy, in the last of the evening brightness, should have brought a selfie stick on the run :)

TbL

Ah c'mon now, you're just making this up for our entertainment!!*

*its working ROFL

Firedance wrote: »
    Ah c'mon now, you're just making this up for our entertainment!!*

*its working ROFL

Nope FD, I really did run 3 miles easy :)

Should have taken a photo of the selfie gang and posted it here they were priceless.

No fairy tales on this log, with the possible exception of my plan to run a 2.55 in Valencia in November!

TbL

No fairy tales on this log, with the possible exception of my plan to run a 2.55 in Valencia in November!

TbL

No reason why you shouldn't? What the fook does ROFL mean?

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »

I'm sure TBl will tell you now hes bang up to date with this century's lingo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I'm sure TBl will tell you now hes bang up to date with this century's lingo :-)

ROFLMAO :D

can't believe in all your travels, TbL, that you first saw a selfie stick in Spiddal! I saw runners using them in the Berlin Marathon last year... you should get one for Valencia!

annapr wrote: »

I know Donegal lingo is hard to understand, but thats taking the p!ss!!

That's the current plan B, (obviously currently ambitious but no point aiming for a 2.59 and just missing it). I entered Valencia today.

can't believe in all your travels, TbL, that you first saw a selfie stick in Spiddal! I saw runners using them in the Berlin Marathon last year... you should get one for Valencia!

Yep A, I've seen them a couple of times with the phones attached, but usually they were been used by Asians in tourist areas. It didn't register with me what it was without the phone attached, and the last thing I was expecting to see in a traditional craft fare in Connemara was a gang of young wans with feckin selfie sticks :)

I'm a stingy git but notwithstanding that I wouldn't pay good money for a flamin rod to hold my phone, that's what your arms are for!!!

TbL

ROFLMFAO :D

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Did you crack it yet ?? (You might let me know when you do ;) )

kit3 wrote: »

Haha, I'd to google it, I'm obviously less hip than I'd thought!

Need to start having running dates with the cooler kids :)

TbL

kit3 wrote: »

Sure i'll die in ignorance, not up to this modern day vernacular at all i'm not.

• Advertisement

Jezus, over 330 million views, words fail me, although I must try and get a pair of those togs for my next run with Tang :)

Someday soon you'll surprise us FD and post some decent music ;)

TbL,

Advertisement