Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    What's the point in having a safety if he just stands in the middle doing nothing

The earlier missed FG halted all the momentum we had too

Revis was definitely expecting safety help there

this dline is on fire, and Sheldon's not even on the field

that was tough! Fitz played like ****, Revis got burnt alive, Marshall thought it would be a good day to have a case of the drops and Folk misses 2 kicks from 25 yards or less! When the schedule is as brutal as it is you cannot afford to lose games like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Crap wasn't it - We lost to a Bengals team in first gear.
    Can go on about how shocking the secondary was, how Revis Island is no more, how Fitzpatricks Completion % still continues to be disrgracful or how Brandon Marshall might have been the worst player on the field today but the biggest issue is the Red Zone issues.

We got to the goal-line twice and had to settle for Field Goals (one of which was missed)
    Bowles needs to show some cajones in the Red Zone. He's far too cautious a coach for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Ugh just need to cut out the stupid sht! The D line so nearly won that on their own. Quincy and Forte both looking better than expected too. If Folk doesn't miss either of the kicks the momentum doesn't shift and we win imo.

• Advertisement

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Bowles needs to show some cajones in the Red Zone. He's far too cautious a coach for my liking.

Oh yeah that loss was on Bowles as much as any one else, getting inside the 5 yard line twice and only coming away with 3 points is unforgivable! He's also still making the same mistakes he made last year, but he hasn't got the rookie coach excuse to go with it! His stubbornness to change his game plan is also mind boggling, as soon as Cincy realized their o-line was getting destroyed they started throwing quick short passes and screens, Bowles never adjusted! When Green was breezing by Revis, Bowles never adjusted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

NY Jets

synonyms:
    agony, torture, misery, torment, anguish, torture, distress

phatkev wrote: »
    Oh yeah that loss was on Bowles as much as any one else, getting inside the 5 yard line twice and only coming away with 3 points is unforgivable! He's also still making the same mistakes he made last year, but he hasn't got the rookie coach excuse to go with it! His stubbornness to change his game plan is also mind boggling, as soon as Cincy realized their o-line was getting destroyed they started throwing quick short passes and screens, Bowles never adjusted! When Green was breezing by Revis, Bowles never adjusted!

Definitely should have seen a double team on Green from early on... their long TD is on Gilchrist but all of the short easy yards they were getting could have been prevented with Revis playing tight and support deep.

On the goaline, a bit unlucky really, a few poor throws. No way I'd run the QB sneak in there anyway after Forte has stormed up there.

Anyone see Bowles presser yesterday?

It's the first time I've seen him test with the NY Beat reporters, refused to answer any questions about the Cincy game despite saying he would on Sunday after watching the tape. FWIW I agree with him, but these are the things Oxygen thieves like Manish Mehta live off. We lose Thursday and all sorts of narratives will start coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

All good. Beat Rex. 1-1, 2-0 would feel better. let's not abandon ship after 2 games, it's a long season.

• Advertisement

just finished watching it there... I was a bit nervous still but got the job done in the end!

It was definitely a mixed bag,there was some really good things and some really bad things!
    What is going on with the secondary? Leaving out the play Revis got burned on there were so many mix ups in coverage, when does the blame stop going on the players and start going on the coaches? While the d-line was pretty stellar against the run they got little pressure on the QB, but I'm putting this down to them just trying to keep Taylor in the pocket and not letting him get outside for big plays.
    Fitz in fairness to him had a fairly strong game, his accuracy on the long ball was really good, although his throws took forever to reach the WRs better CBs could have capitalized on this. His ball security needs to improve as well but overall a really solid performance. The wide receiver core on this team is in my opinion the best in the NFL, they were near perfect last night the only blemishes being the Brandon Marshall drop, and Jalin Marshall fumble(great to see getting the catch that lead to a TD so soon after the fumble). Reporters have being talking about the strides Enunwa has been making in the off-season but I never imagined he be as good as he has been. Devin Smith is going to have a real hard time getting back into the team! While Fitz and skill players are going to receive most of the plaudits for the win, I think Brian Winters and Wesley Johnson deserve a massive amount of praise! Winters who many fans including myself didn't think should be the starting guard this season but he's been excellent these first two games, and Johnson done a excellent job replacing Carpenter.
    The Offense definitely covered defense's ass last night which is not something you'd generally associate with the Jets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It was definitely a mixed bag,there was some really good things and some really bad things!
    What is going on with the secondary? Leaving out the play Revis got burned on there were so many mix ups in coverage, when does the blame stop going on the players and start going on the coaches? While the d-line was pretty stellar against the run they got little pressure on the QB, but I'm putting this down to them just trying to keep Taylor in the pocket and not letting him get outside for big plays.
    Fitz in fairness to him had a fairly strong game, his accuracy on the long ball was really good, although his throws took forever to reach the WRs better CBs could have capitalized on this. His ball security needs to improve as well but overall a really solid performance. The wide receiver core on this team is in my opinion the best in the NFL, they were near perfect last night the only blemishes being the Brandon Marshall drop, and Jalin Marshall fumble(great to see getting the catch that lead to a TD so soon after the fumble). Reporters have being talking about the strides Enunwa has been making in the off-season but I never imagined he be as good as he has been. Devin Smith is going to have a real hard time getting back into the team! While Fitz and skill players are going to receive most of the plaudits for the win, I think Brian Winters and Wesley Johnson deserve a massive amount of praise! Winters who many fans including myself didn't think should be the starting guard this season but he's been excellent these first two games, and Johnson done a excellent job replacing Carpenter.
    The Offense definitely covered defense's ass last night which is not something you'd generally associate with the Jets

Could be the start of a good run. Interesting the Bills fired the OC already, can't imagine what that locker room must be like. Rex is mercurial, to say the least, and he's feeling the heat.

Winters and Johnson have been rock solid and that's the first thing you need for a long run of success - continuity on the OL.

Still, big challenges ahead and it's only the 2d game.

So who whats to tell me Fitz is worth $12 million today!??

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

I don't know. I just don't know. 7 turnovers, 5 of which are fitz's fault. At least we have an easy run for the next 4 games. Seahawks, Steelers, Cards and Ravens.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

I don't know. I just don't know. 7 turnovers, 5 of which are fitz's fault. At least we have an easy run for the next 4 games. Seahawks, Steelers, Cards and Ravens.......!

8 turnovers and 6 of which are fitz's.......

Fitz was playing like he was in the Matrix today.....if the Matrix was completely broken.

The fact we only lost by 21 is hard to believe.

Fitz was playing like he was in the Matrix today.....if the Matrix was completely broken.

The fact we only lost by 21 is hard to believe.

the defense done ok, they only gave up 10 points. But yeah the Chiefs should have put up alot more points

Jesus that was rough, hard to believe how much we fluctuate with the same personnel on the field as the week before. Need bowles to make some magic happen over the next 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I like Fitzpatrick, but that was unreal. He reminded me of how I play poker after six pints. He was on a serious tilt in that 4th quarter and somebody needed to pour a bucket of cold water over him.

• Advertisement

D9Male wrote: »
    I like Fitzpatrick, but that was unreal. He reminded me of how I play poker after six pints. He was on a serious tilt in that 4th quarter and somebody needed to pour a bucket of cold water over him.

Was actually quite interesting watching him the last couple of minutes go full YOLO on the game. He could have had 12 picks he was so reckless with the ball.

He received PFF's lowest ever QB Grade which they have been tracking for 10 years :pac:

He's still a much better option than Geno (as he's able to put up a performance like last week) but he has to be on a short leash now.

Chan Gailey needs to take some blame as well, his redzone playcalls have been garbage this season for the most part.

another poor showing from the Jets today in a game they never looked like winning, out-played and out-coached! the offense was devoid of creativity and Fitz added to his collection of interceptions.
    Defensively it was a sloppy performance, the backend was dog****. they cant tackle and they dont seem to know what coverage is. If you want to beat the Jets these days just throw screens and slants across the middle, they just cant stop them!!
    But the coaches deserve the biggest share of the blame, I mentioned this a while but when do blown coverages start going on the coaches, once or twice you'd blame the players, but this is happening multiple fcuking times per week, so what ever they're doing in practice they need to change it! The game planning must improve, the in game management must improve and they need to start looking at reducing the time players that aren't capable of doing their jobs get.

Also Fitz is on course for 40(FORTY) interceptions, thats a great number from the guy you just handed $12 million to

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

another poor showing from the Jets today in a game they never looked like winning, out-played and out-coached! the offense was devoid of creativity and Fitz added to his collection of interceptions.

It was terrible. The play calling on both sides of the ball is all over the place. Running it on 2nd & 25. How long do they think Forte will last carrying the ball more than 20 times a game?
    He was considered "tired" when we signed him, so we run him more than he has been ran in his career?
    Red Zone play calling is terrible. We never look like scoring.

Fitz's 2 interceptions to Sherman were terrible. He has even said about the first one that it worked the previous play, so they tried the exact same thing on the next bloody play. The Anderson one, and the overturned one when Marshall fell were unlucky, but that is still 3 more 4th quarter Int's.

As for the defence, Christine Michael burned us on 3 behind the line passes where he accelerated away from the tackle. Once is fine, but how do you get caught missing 3 tackles like that?

I'm all for Geno now. There is nothing to lose. Even at his worst, he only had 3 interception games, with nothing like the support this team his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

You just never got the impression they would come close to winning today. Watching the Steelers now turning in an impressive performance next week could be bad.

Agree about giving Geno a shot but cant see it. Management will stick with the guy they gave all the money to.

Think Marshall can do better too. Watching him on Inside the NFL I cant help but think he doesnt need to be there.

Watched it in a bar with patriot fans so fun to watch them outplayed by a very aggressive game plan by Rex!

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Watching the Steelers now turning in an impressive performance next week could be bad.

Just watched the Steelers game, they made light work of a Chiefs team that beat us fairly easily last week! Next week could be horrendous especially if the backend of this defense continues to play the way they have considering the weapons big Ben has!

SHOVELLER wrote: »

Think Marshall can do better too. Watching him on Inside the NFL I cant help but think he doesnt need to be there.

I thought Marshall done pretty well considering he was matched up against one of the best corners in the league al night (90 yards and a td). Its not his fault Fitz continued to throw the exact same pass to him over and over, Shermans too good not to capitalize on the kind of stupid play

Special mention to Calvin Pryor who has been utterly atrocious this year.
    He can't cover anyone, constantly whiffs on tackles and is struggling in the scheme the Jets are trying to play. Time to bench what has been another disappointing first round pick.

Special mention to Calvin Pryor who has been utterly atrocious this year.
    He can't cover anyone, constantly whiffs on tackles and is struggling in the scheme the Jets are trying to play. Time to bench what has been another disappointing first round pick.

Before he fell for that long TD reception he was heading to the opposite side of the field, where there was exactly zero Seahawks players. I could do nothing but laugh at that stage:(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Before he fell for that long TD reception he was heading to the opposite side of the field, where there was exactly zero Seahawks players. I could do nothing but laugh at that stage:(

I found that funny too. Commentators were quick to point out the reason for the score was Pryor slipped at an unlucky moment. They forgot to mention he was running in the wrong f*cking direction and slipped when he realised he was in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,128 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Season was ****ed during the summer. Should have had Fitzpatrick in and working with the team throughout the entire preparation process. All to save, what, a couple of million in the end? Whatever. The Jets. :(

Advertisement