Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you do with Tim Tebow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I would kinda love the poetic beauty of Tebow arriving in Jacksonville and ending Chad Henne's mighty reign at the Jaguars after all of seven days. Back before Tebow was drafted Henne, himself only having played a handful of games very, very averagely, was asked about Tebow and said "He's not an NFL quarterback. I'll leave it at that.".

It struck me as one of the most classless things I've ever seen in the league, a young QB throwing another QB under the bus a few weeks before his draft. He certainly wasn't someone who should have been throwing stones.

Maybe God works in mysterious ways. Ahem. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

UCD AFC wrote: »
    If they can get a 4th or under round pick, trade. Otherwise keep him for some special package/ trick plays

not sure he's worth the hassle and attention to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

wouldnt that be interesting to see him go to the Pats? I for one, just want to see him play, anywhere.

He's pure box office.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where do you guys think he Tebow could realistically play and actually make an impact positionally I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Incarcerated Bob on Twitter saying that Jags owner Shahid Khan has told his front office to get Tebow in. Despite the fact that they weren't sold on Tebow and one of their linemen, Uche Nwaneri was very critical of Tebow prior to his drafting two years back, their hands may be tied on this.

IB is a reliable source, he had Manning to Broncos all week after the visit and broke the decision news a good 12 hours before it was reported. He's 11/12 this offseason on FA predictions.

Khan doing this makes sense, he wants to keep the team in Jville and make a few bob in the process naturally and the only way to do that is by getting Tebow in. I don't think he gives a flying **** how Tebow performs, this is business to him, he'd be looking at instant sellouts and media attention. I love the idea cause chances are we'd fleece them for Tebow if they wanted him enough. Watch this space...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

spiralism wrote: »
    Incarcerated Bob on Twitter saying that Jags owner Shahid Khan has told his front office to get Tebow in. Despite the fact that they weren't sold on Tebow and one of their linemen, Uche Nwaneri was very critical of Tebow prior to his drafting two years back, their hands may be tied on this.

IB is a reliable source, he had Manning to Broncos all week after the visit and broke the decision news a good 12 hours before it was reported. He's 11/12 this offseason on FA predictions.

Khan doing this makes sense, he wants to keep the team in Jville and make a few bob in the process naturally and the only way to do that is by getting Tebow in. I don't think he gives a flying **** how Tebow performs, this is business to him, he'd be looking at instant sellouts and media attention. I love the idea cause chances are we'd fleece them for Tebow if they wanted him enough. Watch this space...

Tbh they are the only team that fits Tebow anyway, a big O Line, a fantastic TE and one of the best RB's in the league. Problem is they don't have a defence that can last being on the field so long.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tbh they are the only team that fits Tebow anyway, a big O Line, a fantastic TE and one of the best RB's in the league. Problem is they don't have a defence that can last being on the field so long.

I'd be happy with that, i'm up for him to do well as long as it doesnt come home to roost and it being his hometown team would be a nice touch. Good chance Khan overpays too and we get more pieces for Manning.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Last how long? Are you suggesting that with Tebow at QB that they are going to spend more time on the field because thats wrong. The Broncos were 23rd on time of possession in 2010 with Orton at QB. Through the first 5 games of 2011 with Orton as starter the Broncos were the second worst team in the NFL on time of possession having the ball for on average 26.43 minutes per game. Through the remaing 11 games the Broncos had the ball for 30.43 mins per game which would leave them 11th best in the NFL. This is clearly because of the gameplan adopted by the Broncos while having Tebow at QB. It clearly also helped the defense to perform at a higher level as they weren't on the field for as long.

In 2010 through the last 3 games with Tebow at QB, the Broncos jumped to 10th best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

nerd69 wrote: »
    i like kafka and i feel he should have been starting instead of young last year but if we can get tebow in for a year or 2 and see what andy ried can do with him i can see either him improving as a passer like vick did or at the very least see him over performing and making another team overpay for him ala aj feely and kevin kolb.
    for me it all comes down to the price a 3rd rounder may be worth a shot anything above that forget it

Not having a go but when Kafta was on the field last season he was awful. Genuinely he is not a back up qb. 3rd stringer at best.

Kafka was fine in what I saw of him last year, definitely no worse than Vince Young performed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

eagle eye wrote: »
    Last how long? Are you suggesting that with Tebow at QB that they are going to spend more time on the field because thats wrong. The Broncos were 23rd on time of possession in 2010 with Orton at QB. Through the first 5 games of 2011 with Orton as starter the Broncos were the second worst team in the NFL on time of possession having the ball for on average 26.43 minutes per game. Through the remaing 11 games the Broncos had the ball for 30.43 mins per game which would leave them 11th best in the NFL. This is clearly because of the gameplan adopted by the Broncos while having Tebow at QB. It clearly also helped the defense to perform at a higher level as they weren't on the field for as long.

In 2010 through the last 3 games with Tebow at QB, the Broncos jumped to 10th best.

Your man love knows no bounds. Do you honestly think Tebow is going to record any of those stats with the Jags if we went there?

Get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Not having a go but when Kafta was on the field last season he was awful. Genuinely he is not a back up qb. 3rd stringer at best.

i think its hard to say either way to be honest what little i saw impressed me obviously it didn't impress you i think its mostly guesswork with him until we see more

With a WR the Jags would be an objectively better team than last year's Broncos, so yes, he's well within reason.

Syferus wrote: »
    Kafka was fine in what I saw of him last year, definitely no worse than Vince Young performed.

107 passing yards, 0 td's, 2 int's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

vince youngs play had to be seen to be believed i liked him at the titans but he was terrible worse that curtis painter

• Registered Users Posts: 37,639 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Your man love knows no bounds. Do you honestly think Tebow is going to record any of those stats with the Jags if we went there?

Get real.
    My oh my, can you not even work out why? Its because they run the ball a lot with Tebow, you know what difference that makes? The clock doesn't stop running when you stay inbouncs which happens way more often on running plays. Thats going to happen no matter where Tebow goes.

I can't believe you came out with a stupid comment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Incarcerated Bob on Twitter
    Incarcerated Bob is a spoofer - he tweets about stuff that is obvious and then claims he had a scoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Apparently five teams have already enquired about Tebow - so much for nobody being interested.

Rumoured teams - although its not rocket science to come up with these - New England, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Miami and Jacksonville - Buffalo also a possibility.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tebow ? Really? Hopefully Smith signs sooner rather than later..
    Three teams to monitor as trade talks for Tim Tebow pick up: Jacksonville, Green Bay, San Francisco.
    — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 20, 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Green bay must be looking to turn him into a tight end or use him in situation plays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tebow to San Fran...id expect Randy Moss to retire within minutes of that press release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

Anyone who thinks the 49ers will take Tebow is nuts. Harbaugh wont touch Tebow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, I'd say you're right, was just surprised to see that tweet from Schefter. Same goes for Green Bay, don't know what they'd use him for either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Mike Kafka is a saint. Won me my most exciting bet ever in preseason 2 years ago :D

Mike Kafka is a saint. Won me my most exciting bet ever in preseason 2 years ago :D

most exciting ever bet? what about the one about the Pats hammering the Orlovsky led colts? :D

couldnt resist, sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

If I were the Broncos, I'd keep Tebow.

At best, they'll only get a second round pick for him anyway so they won't be getting much value for him anyway. If Manning is on form there be won't any QB controversy as the Broncos fans are hardly going to start calling for Tebow instead of Manning. Tebow would hardly be a disruptive influence in the locker room and the time spent as a back-up may help him as he'll have more time to practise his throwing and can learn from a modern-day great. Tebow could be used in garbage time at the end of games to practise his throwing in a competitive environment so the Broncos could even have Tebow to take over from Manning when he retires. (Bit unrealistic I know.)

Also, in a doomsday scenario if Manning gets injured again or isn't up to speed at least Tebow will be there as a back-up. No point having a $90 million QB if he can't throw the ball. Nobody really knows will Manning be able to withstand a big hit from a linebacker and play on without his game suffering from it. The Broncos have to play some tough defendes too this season (Steelers,Texans, Ravens) so at least if Manning does get injured again Tebow is there to step in.

49ers actually makes alot of sense within the context of Harbaugh's conservative passing schemes last year. Tebow could slot into that role and open up the run game as well. Tebow doesn't turn the ball over very often.

With Harbaugh to develop him he couldn't be in a better situation than that. Still a long shot given Smith will eventually sign with the 49ers, but it's certainly intriguing.

Syferus wrote: »
    49ers actually makes alot of sense within the context of Harbaugh's conservative passing schemes last year. Tebow could slot into that role and open up the run game as well. Tebow doesn't turn the ball over very often.

With Harbaugh to develop him he couldn't be in a better situation than that. Still a long shot given Smith will eventually sign with the 49ers, but it's certainly intriguing.

Tebow turns the ball over alot. I'm a huge fan but he does throw a high number of interceptions and alot of fumbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

most exciting ever bet? what about the one about the Pats hammering the Orlovsky led colts? :D

couldnt resist, sorry :pac:

You'll understand if I tell you I've left that off my betting resumé! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I think he could be worked into Manning's offense as a fullback on 3rd down situations. He can run the ball, he could make trick plays or flea-flickers. And he can learn his trade. Denver should keep the strong running game they had last season. That's what Elway had, and ultimately it's what has limited manning to one ring so far.

Advertisement