Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

With the time difference I'd say BH will be online soon :D

if this had been a work day yeah I woulda been but tis a pity that unless folk are on post 3am there we may have to wait till morning for the next run of picks. time to play the game for me now though!

BWA 2012: Danielson, Kowalski, Monsoon, HHH

gotta ask tbc, are you going to aknowledge JYD's draft history... he didnt exactly have the best of times last year but his story would have been fairly high profile.

Didnt expect Foley just as I didnt expect lethal at the time from the groutch so im v curious to see what hes up to. HBK/Misawa obviously has big potential to it.

remember as Flah was saying you dont have to have your ME already lined up at this point (after this round), afterall a certain few elite names only become available in the pre 70s debut round all of whom are Main event worthy.
    There is news circulating that Monday Night Grappling head honcho Mr Nice Guy was left irate yesterday when HHH who had only recently negotiated his release from MNG turned up as the 3rd draft pick for their rivals the BWA. There had been talk before that the promotion thought they had gotton one over on BWA chairman Bounty Hunter after taking long time BWA competitor Mitsuharu Misawa in a previous round but now this draft has the potential to re-ignite the Boards.ie monday night wars.

it's yet to be seen if WECWF might get drawn back into it again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

CMpunked wrote: »

I don't know Misawa either but I gather from a quick overview of Wikipedia that he was a HUGE star in Japan.

Probably my two favourite wrestlers ever are still left, but there is another guy who I love but not so much but who I have more storyline ideas for, so I'll probably pick him. Still one more pick left before I choose though.

Looks like this round could be a quickie at least compared to the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Exciting pick there, BH. Some interesting storyline potential this year deffo. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Already I'm looking forward to Machismo Fan, BH, and Flah's rosters taking shape. Some very interesting picks so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Made my pick there . Its weird seeing people like Austin , HHH , HBK going in round 3 but its still exciting

Ladies and Gentlemen, business is about to pick up. :D

glenjamin wrote: »
    Already I'm looking forward to Machismo Fan, BH, and Flah's rosters taking shape. Some very interesting picks so far.

cheers but it changes with every draft, FCW just became electrifying and i'd love to see Sheamus kill Hulkamania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hogan Sheamus, Rock Roode. Both very exciting main events are both for very different reasons.

Everyone is on the ball so far, I can see this being the toughest year yet!

Thanks TBC - I'm going for pure entertainment with my picks. Also just realised I've an Irish connection with all my picks. There's Sheamus obviously, Crash Holly used to play a leprachaun character and Vince McMahon chose the name Hogan because he wanted an Irish name (according to Wikipedia anyhow) so I guess Hogan is supposed to be Irish American. So lots of potential for storylines there.

I've had a few ideas for promos with Sheamus-Hogan going over my head the last couple of days, so gonna start writing them up now.

• Advertisement

One match I'm surprised there isn't more talk about is Samoa Joe vs Bruiser Brody- both men would KILL each other. It would be brutal and stuff as hell. I'd love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh for f**k sake:mad::mad::(

Angle vs Bret, USA vs Canada, damn Cactus has had a strong start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

theres a lot of money feuds already, can't wait to see what you do with them :D

Guessing I'll be looking to ROH or elsewhere for my pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,520 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow some exciting feuds being set up this round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

EPIC rosters lads. Cactus in particular is looking pretty tasty!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's one guy I really want for Lesnar....but I reckon he could escape this round and possibly even the next.

Ah, the joys of the draft; deciding how safe you are leaving a name you really want in favour of one you need this round and the worrying about it all night.

C'mon Flah, I've got a nice pick lined up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

C'mon Flah, I've got a nice pick lined up

last online @ 4pm yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I know it can be frustrating to wait around but we'll all need the 24hr rule at some stage, you can be sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Angle vs Bret, USA vs Canada, damn Cactus has had a strong start

Cheers, I was lucky with two decent draws. Still plenty of time for me to screw up my roster ... and always do crap with the write ups anyway.

A lot of great options still remaining in this round, had a five wrestlers in mind for Angle, with Bret Hart on top, and the only other one on the list that has been picked is HBK (Hart was top as hbk wrestled angle previously).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wow Nice surpsise to find Taker still available. Maybe Ill do Crippler vs The Cripple. :pac:

Some good rosters taking shape. Cactus is incredible relly and Misawa vs HBK could be stummimg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Wow Nice surpsise to find Taker still available. Maybe Ill do Crippler vs The Cripple. :pac:

Some good rosters taking shape. Cactus is incredible relly and Misawa vs HBK could be stummimg.

flahavaj wrote: »

I thought he would have been in the top 3... also theres a name which I'm shocked still hasnt gone yet. (saying that the next pick will probably be him)

My pick may have lasted until the next round but i couldnt take the chance.. I'm actually very excited about booking this guy vs CM Punk..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Bah, I knew I was foolish in hoping Taker would stay available...

On the upside, there's only 6 left in front of me, and I've got a list of about 6 people I'd be happy with.

Garseys wrote: »
    I thought he would have been in the top 3... also theres a name which I'm shocked still hasnt gone yet. (saying that the next pick will probably be him)

I think I know who you're on about but I'm going a different route;)

Someone is impatient (couldn't even leave me PM you :pac: )

Anyways, delighted I got Y2J:D

Someone is impatient (couldn't even leave me PM you :pac: )

Anyways, delighted I got Y2J:D

Had everything written and ready to go:pac:

Punk vs Roberts.

****.me.

There's one name I'm shocked hasn't gone, and I'm hoping he goes before it gets to me cause I don't want him for Lesnar but could not pass him up.

Got a list of five guys I want who are big names though. :D And only three left in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Turns out im in the same predicament with my options as TSC was yesterday.
    Someone pick a number between 1 and 3.

I think its pretty obvious who the big name left is, i guess its all to with how he fits in with people's rosters and storylines, i think this year there's a lot less of people taking big names just for the sake of it(well so far anyway)

interesting choice walter, someone I wouldn't expect to go so early.

Thanks man, the last 2 years my rosters where built around workrate, so this year i thought i'd jazz it up with a bit more "Sports Entertainment":pac:

Honestly you cant expect anything in the Draft, literally anyone can be picked right from under you, when you're least expecting it, never bank on anything!!

actually has someone got an updated list of who has been drafted? I need to keep tabs :pac:

CMpunked wrote: »
    Turns out im in the same predicament with my options as TSC was yesterday.
    Someone pick a number between 1 and 3.

Pick made. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow, some of these potential feuds are mouthwatering! Can't wait to see how everything pans out.

Things will probably be slow enough at weekends like in previous years.

Garseys wrote: »
    actually has someone got an updated list of who has been drafted? I need to keep tabs :pac:

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart
    2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts
    3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna,
    4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar, Umaga
    5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting
    6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H
    7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan
    8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect
    9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam & Kanyon
    10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Junkyard Dog, Stone Cold Steve Austin
    11. campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero,
    12. the groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley
    13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman
    14. D2D____________ Air boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho
    15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock
    16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels
    17. glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody
    18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude
    19. Flah_____________ Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Chris Benoit, Undertaker
    20. Spongey_________ Wade BArett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

You couldn't have said 2 or 3 could you?!:(

Sting was second my list of people I want this round. Jericho was three. So I've still got my 1st pick (though I'll still be amazed if Glen or Mach don't pick him).

flahavaj wrote: »

I love the undertaker and before the draft started I thought I would have wanted him but then I expexted him to go before me and thought hogan would be a good rival for sheamus so by the time I got a choice I chose hogan. Will try to get taker another year.

I honestly dont know who this big star everyone is talking about is. As in anyone I expected to go by now has been taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I had a great storyline for the Undertaker if i had have gotten him but knew he wouldnt be there at 15. Three more to go before i pick so dont expect my next couple of choices to be still there :(

FYI to all dirtsheets, all official D.W.O news stories will be revealed on the D.W.O's official twitter account

The tension here is killing me. I know who I want this round and if I get him, I know who I want for the rest of the draft, but if he goes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Lads I'm going to be a while. I'm off to work shortly to do a 12 hour shift so won't be making my pick until I get home. I'd make it now except I haven't a clue who I'm going to pick. Sorry lads :(

Lads I'm going to be a while. I'm off to work shortly to do a 12 hour shift so won't be making my pick until I get home. I'd make it now except I haven't a clue who I'm going to pick. Sorry lads :(

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Suppose you will have time to mull it over. :)

You were saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Odd choice given some of the names remaining but each to their own!

There might be a potential trade coming;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement