Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

mansize wrote: »
    Never known anyone to take a ferry to NI

I have, just not originating in Ireland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Ive been checked loads of times in that shed in west wales

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Anyone else have an issue with ryanair when booking with a debit card with charges?

As soon as I started to type my number it got rid of the credit charge (50c) for the fare to be brought down to the debit charge. But I noticed in the email with the itinerary I was charged the 50c even though I paid with a debit card for a credit card charge.

I know it's only 50c, but after booking a couple of tickets over the last few days I feel slightly ripped off.

The fee is the same afaik

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I have, just not originating in Ireland:D

Well travelling within the one one country rarely involves an ID check

mansize wrote: »
    Well travelling within the one one country rarely involves an ID check

Ireland and NI have united?! What a glorious day!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ireland and NI have united?! What a glorious day!

You said you didn't originate in Ireland so I presumed by ferry, it was the UK

Its a common travel area though. Passport/identification requirements are only a result of company and airport regulation.
    You could drive to NI without a passport, and if it doesn't identification by the company take a ferry onto the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: Can we keep to RyanAir-specific topics please. There's the Travel forum for other travel topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My flight home from beauvais to Dublin was cancelled last night

Ryanair refused to put half of us up in hotels saying that there were no more in the area. I find that quite hard to believe that in the Paris area all hotels were full last night

Anyway instead we were told that our only option was to go to terminal 2 where we would be given a blanket and a mattress
    Upon arriving said mattress was a yoga mat, said blanket was a gold tin foil yoke and pillows were nob existent. Heating where we were sleeping in terminal 2 was turned off all night

Ryanair, in their own terms and conditions said that we'd be put up in a hotel, nowhere did they mention a yoga mat and a tin foil blanket
    Does anyone know how I go about getting proper compensation out of these mother ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ryanair refused to put half of us up in hotels saying that there were no more in the area. I find that quite hard to believe that in the Paris area all hotels were full last night

I was in Paris for a night almost exactly 2 years ago this weekend. Had the same problem. Not a hotel or a B&B to be had anywhere. The first people we asked suggested we go to DisneyLand and we thought they were joking but by the time we were suggested DisneyLand the fourth or fifth time we realised they werent joking. Further ringing around found the only free room in the vicinity of Paris was Euro Disney but at 300 a room, was more than we could afford so we ended up sleeping in the carpark of a filling station / McDonalds.

We were amazed, but there was a soccer match on that weekend and everywhere was full.

Bear in mind the 6 nations is on this weekend, with Ireland playing France in Paris.

Just saying, it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Does anyone know how I go about getting proper compensation out of these mother ****ers
    You file a claim for compensation with the airline directly.
    http://ec.europa.eu/ireland/the_eu_and_you/faq/air_travel/index_en.htm#5

For customers who wish to submit a travel/transport/refreshments expense claim following a flight cancellation or long delay - Click here to access our online claim form

However if you don't get satisfaction from the airline see this link which outlines how you can lodge a complaint with the authorities (I'm not sure if you deal with the Irish or French authorities).

The amount of compensation depends on the distance of the flight, Beauvais (BVA) to Dublin (DUB) is about 720km so you can claim €250.
    http://www.aviationreg.ie/air-passenger-rights/cancellation.209.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭joeysoap

If you have wifi the handiest thing to do is get in to a booking site ie booking.com (also a Ryanair partner) and search for nearby hotels. Searching just now for tonight shows accommodation available in 12 places (including Ibis Beauvais airport hotel for €90) From my understanding of the above links this in addition to the €250

In the event of a cancellation and the airline don't provide hotel accommodation, find accommodation for youself. It is your right to claim back this cost later.

Only problem was that my phone was dead so I was unable to look up anywhere
    I'll certainly be filing for compensation and a complaint to the aviation authority

Below you can see my bed for the night last night
    http://imgur.com/exbdMNZ

And yes I know beauvais isn't Paris, but that doesn't stop ryanair calling it that

I think the message to come out of this is that if your flight is cancelled and requires an overnight stay and the airline states there's no accommodation available locally then A) don't take their word for it. B) either by yourself or in conjunction with some other passengers get online to a booking site and make your own enquiries. C)there might not be accommodation but if there is book it using a credit card, and book transport. D) if meals are available order what is reasonable given the length of delay, again using credit card and keeping receipts. Bill the airline for expenses and delay compensation and remind them they have 7 days to make payment. This is a great site to share experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Only problem was that my phone was dead so I was unable to look up anywhere
    I'll certainly be filing for compensation and a complaint to the aviation authority

Below you can see my bed for the night last night
    http://imgur.com/exbdMNZ

And yes I know beauvais isn't Paris, but that doesn't stop ryanair calling it that

That 'bed' is absolutely unacceptable. I don't believe that there was no accommodation available AT ALL, especially as it was Beauvais. Ryanair were most certainly fobbing you off.

File for compensation for sure.

They recently delayed a flight from Cork to Stansted, by 10 hours. They only refunded me the flight ticket, despite me filing a compensation form for the Stansted bus I had prebooked.

Techmaster wrote: »
    That 'bed' is absolutely unacceptable. I don't believe that there was no accommodation available AT ALL, especially as it was Beauvais. Ryanair were most certainly fobbing you off.

File for compensation for sure.

They recently delayed a flight from Cork to Stansted, by 10 hours. They only refunded me the flight ticket, despite me filing a compensation form for the Stansted bus I had prebooked.

Might be worth contacting these guys

http://www.myrefund.ie/

Or these

https://app.getairhelp.com/claims/new/done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone know why the 50% family discount would only be applying to the 15kg and not the 20kg.

Booked flights before Christmas and logged in yesterday to add 2 x 20kg bags under the kids names availing of the 50% family discount. Adult price is €30 for 15kg and €40 for 20kg, child discount price is €15 for 15kg and €40 for 20kg. I did contact live chat and had the most unhelpful agent who said "that's the price, nothing I can do"

They only introduced this to match AL. If you book two 15 kg bags at half price and add another 15 kg bag at full rate you have 45kg checked baggage for €60, saving €20 on 2 full price 20kg bags. Downside: 3 bags. Upside:easier to carry +5 extra kgs

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭leftfooter

Just flew from Marrakesh yesterday and thought I'd share my experience. It was possibly the worst airport experience I've had using Ryanair, and that's going back 20 years.

The queueing is just endless. Firstly, unlike any other airport I've flown with Ryanair, you have to queue at the Ryanair desk to get some sort of stamp on your printed boarding pass. This took about 25 minutes. Then you have to queue to put your bags through the the machine and go through the metal detector. This was a surreal experience with swaths of people (20 in one group) skipping the queue regularly seemingly with the approval of the security staff. It was a zoo. This took about 30 minutes.

On turning the corner after the security check one of the most depressing sights awaits. A winding snake of a queue that put the other two to shame....this was the emigration/document check. It took 40 minutes. 12 windows where other officers could have been working, were empty. After that, there was the usual boarding queue. It has to be said that all this endless queuing takes place in extremely cramped & claustrophobic conditions.

As mush as I really enjoyed Morocco, I would certainly think twice before putting myself through such an ordeal again.

This is not a criticism of Ryanair, just an honest description of what it's like to fly through Marrakesh airport.
    Cheap flights for sure, Victorian travel steerage experience.

Just to give an update, after being stranded in beauvais ryanair have agreed to pay both of us 250 each compensation under eu rules.
    I've a feeling that it will take the full 28 days they said it would, but I'm fairly happy with the outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Returned from BHX to DUB yesterday. A Ryanair representative was attaching tags to many passengers carry-on bags so they would be put into the hold.

"I take it it's a full flight this evening", I pondered, as she asked to see our boarding cards. "Overfull" came the reply. "Overfull?" I queried. "I thought Ryanair never overfilled flights?". "They have today and they did yesterday too", the rep responded. "Intentionally or unintentionally?" I questioned. "We're not sure", she said. "If you have a seat number you're fine, but those without seat numbers will only get on if there's space."

Has anyone else heard this? Is Ryanair going the way of the traditional airlines and overfilling flights?

"If they don't have a seat number"

What? Ryanair allocate seat numbers to all passengers upon checkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If they are I imagine its a calculated risk, just like I imagine the others are to some degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Returned from BHX to DUB yesterday. A Ryanair representative was attaching tags to many passengers carry-on bags so they would be put into the hold.

"I take it it's a full flight this evening", I pondered, as she asked to see our boarding cards. "Overfull" came the reply. "Overfull?" I queried. "I thought Ryanair never overfilled flights?". "They have today and they did yesterday too", the rep responded. "Intentionally or unintentionally?" I questioned. "We're not sure", she said. "If you have a seat number you're fine, but those without seat numbers will only get on if there's space."

Has anyone else heard this? Is Ryanair going the way of the traditional airlines and overfilling flights?

The rep is most likely misinformed. This person works for a ground handling company that covers multiple airlines.

Ryanair still claim under section 9 of the link not to overbook flights.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/about-us/passenger-charter/

Advertisement