Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stingiest thing you've seen stingy people do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Bog wrote: »
    That reads like a convoluted haiku.
    it is saturday night and i have had a few smokes .
    sorry if it is hard to read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

dorgasm wrote: »
    It is, he is the biggest miser on the planet. He won't do a favour for anyone unless he gains from it money-wise. Like when our friend ran out of petrol, he brought €5 worth of petrol to her and charged her €15 before he'd give it to her! Another time, his mother had a load of free passes for the cinema and she gave them to us and told us to use them, but he took them and when his mother wasn't around he tried to charge us all €5 each for a free pass! There is so many little stories like that but yeah the not wanting to break €2 is 100% true!
    are ye all still friends with him?
    i would have to him to f*ck off long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

are ye all still friends with him?
    i would have to him to f*ck off long ago

Yeah we are, ah to be fair he's actually a legend, when money isn't involved. I've known him most of my life I'm used to it at this stage haha, we all poke fun at him for it like but it's just the way he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

My brother charges my sister and parents for lifts.
    :(
    Needless to say, he isn't coughing up petrol money if he gets a lift back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

My brother charges my sister and parents for lifts.
    :(
    Needless to say, he isn't coughing up petrol money if he gets a lift back.

That's just wrong,if i charged my parents for lifts id be a millionaire,some people would really want to cop on,there is no pockets in a coffin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

That's just wrong,if i charged my parents for lifts id be a millionaire,some people would really want to cop on,there is no pockets in a coffin.

I think it's shocking they pay him tbh. I wouldn't entertain that crap at all. But he has the brass ones to demand it, and they pay him to keep peace.

I think it's shocking they pay him tbh. I wouldn't entertain that crap at all. But he has the brass ones to demand it, and they pay him to keep peace.

That's the worst thing about families its to hard to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Guy I know used to live with another fella who'd buy a sliced pan and teabags and then hide them in his wardrobe. My friend told him he'd start hiding the internet modem and the playstation. That put a stop to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

If my mate wants me he lets the my phone ring twice and hangs up. Shows as a missed call so I would call him back, soon copped him on so I dont bother now.

Another stingy cnut at a dinner dance went round after the meal and emptied all the mints into his pocket and spent the whole night eating them.

His son took offered our 2 workmates a lift home from the Christmas party and then charged them a fiver each when he got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i know a guy who goes to the supermarket just before closing to get the leftover stale bread, this man is in no way short of money

• Advertisement

My brother used to do that to me, ring and then hang up straight away so I'd call him back. I used to work in a betting shop in Dublin where every lunchtime we'd get a couple of trays of sausages and wedges from the pub up the road for the customers. The same old guy used to arrive in at the same time every day, help himself to half a tray of wedges and a couple of cups of coffee and in the 8 months I was there, the only time he put a bet on was when we were giving free bets on the euro millions
    Ran out of patience with him on my last day and turfed him out. Just sorry I didn't say it through a loudspeaker so the whole shop could hear me. He was always well dressed, not as if he was destitute or anything. Always had a paper under his arm he used to nick from the O'Briens next door apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

villabren wrote: »
    My brother used to do that to me, ring and then hang up straight away so I'd call him back. I used to work in a betting shop in Dublin where every lunchtime we'd get a couple of trays of sausages and wedges from the pub up the road for the customers. The same old guy used to arrive in at the same time every day, help himself to half a tray of wedges and a couple of cups of coffee and in the 8 months I was there, the only time he put a bet on was when we were giving free bets on the euro millions
    Ran out of patience with him on my last day and turfed him out. Just sorry I didn't say it through a loudspeaker so the whole shop could hear me. He was always well dressed, not as if he was destitute or anything. Always had a paper under his arm he used to nick from the O'Briens next door apparently

Aw, that's bad, you ruined that little pleasure for him. He was probably some oul fella who just enjoyed the company in the bookies shop and dressed well because he took pride in his appearance.

Aw, that's bad, you ruined that little pleasure for him. He was probably some oul fella who just enjoyed the company in the bookies shop and dressed well because he took pride in his appearance.

Me balls! He spoke to nobody the miserable ****e. About 10 years ago an aunt of mine got a christmas card from cousins of hers that lived in England. When she opened the envelope there was 9 cards in it. Her's and ones made out to other relatives that lived nearby. Her cousins wanted her to pass them on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

About 10 years ago an aunt of mine got a christmas card from cousins of hers that lived in England. When she opened the envelope there was 9 cards in it. Her's and ones made out to other relatives that lived nearby. Her cousins wanted her to pass them on

Out of curiousity, did she pass them on? She did, didn't she

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

i know a guy who goes to the supermarket just before closing to get the leftover stale bread, this man is in no way short of money

I know a guy who does this, but he distributes it to homeless people and refugees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Me balls! He spoke to nobody the miserable ****e. About 10 years ago an aunt of mine got a christmas card from cousins of hers that lived in England. When she opened the envelope there was 9 cards in it. Her's and ones made out to other relatives that lived nearby. Her cousins wanted her to pass them on

:D Actually that reminds me of my mother when I would be writing out my Christmas cards to relations abroad - she would ask me to add her name and Dad's, to save her from buying cards and airmail stamps!

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, did she pass them on? She did, didn't she

Ha she probably did and all. She's no longer with us so I can't ask her sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Ha she probably did and all. She's no longer with us so I can't ask her sadly.

Well if you plan on getting a medium to speak to her from beyond the grave could you let me know, I have a message for my grandparents that she might pass on for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Guy I know used to live with another fella who'd buy a sliced pan and teabags and then hide them in his wardrobe. My friend told him he'd start hiding the internet modem and the playstation. That put a stop to that

Maybe your mate was forever nicking his food? it isn't really easy to see from this tale who is the stingy one??:D
    His pan, his tea bags? did your mate buy anything?
    Presumably the modem was a shared cost. Thats one of the things that is a pain though, when you buy food and some tight bast**d wont even buy some food cos they keep delving into yours, adds up over time

Merch wrote: »
    Maybe your mate was forever nicking his food? it isn't really easy to see from this tale who is the stingy one??:D
    His pan, his tea bags? did your mate buy anything?
    Presumably the modem was a shared cost. Thats one of the things that is a pain though, when you buy food and some tight bast**d wont even buy some food cos they keep delving into yours, adds up over time

No the modem cost wasn't shared. My friend is not mean and wasn't looking to nick food. It was the principle of it was annoying him. Whenever he bought food he left it in the press etc. Nothing worse than people who hoard their own food, but are all about the sharing when it's other people's. In fairness, they got along okay other than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Used to work with a Polish guy, God he was tight!! he would have money in his bank account but yet he would only take out the barest amount to last him for the week.
    And people who panic buy petrol or diesel on the day of the Budget, have seen it twice!! some of them would be driving BMWs or a Merc, idiots they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

STIG83 wrote: »
    Used to work with a Polish guy, God he was tight!! he would have money in his bank account but yet he would only take out the barest amount to last him for the week.
    And people who panic buy petrol or diesel on the day of the Budget, have seen it twice!! some of them would be driving BMWs or a Merc, idiots they are

That's probably because he wants to take his money back to Poland. Ireland is so expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Um, this sounds smart, not tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

er, that's my life, basically! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

that sounds like 99% of the population

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

I always pay with Laser where I can (I'm talking a bag of crisps and paper at the newsagent) which pi$$es everyone in the queue behind me off... BUT... it means I don't have to take out 10 or 20 quid and spend the rest of it on rubbish... hard times and all!

I worked with a really mean bastad years ago, he was too mean to buy shower gel and washing powder !! In the work canteen he used to hide a croissant under a load of beans on his plate !!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Apologies. Typo. mixed my m up with my c. Meant to read 4mm! :D

That's what she said last night..... :p

RoverJames wrote: »
    I worked with a really mean bastad years ago, he was too mean to buy shower gel and washing powder !! In the work canteen he used to hide a croissant under a load of beans on his plate !!

That cant be true,he would have to put the croissant in the tin of beans to hide it!

• Advertisement

That cant be true,he would have to put the croissant in the tin of beans to hide it!

No, cover it in beans :rolleyes: Not rocket science old boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement